• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Blearth

Banned
I remember the GTAIV previews being ridiculously positive, too...

I remember thinking that entering buildings was going to be a big part of the game based on previews...

I remember...

Standards were much lower at the beginning of the gen than they are now.

Plus, it seems like they fixed everything that was wrong with IV.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'd assume there'll just be other people swimming around "looking" for treasure so that you'll have people to interact with while under water. They could also indicate to players that there's treasure around if they see a high density of npcs in a particular location.

Ah, true. They could just be window dressing.

The fact that San Andreas is such an obvious template for this game is a great sign. It means R* have to aim fucking high to meet the expectations.

I'm curious about the driving gameplay, especially with Franklin. Hopefully the slo-mo special could be something great ala Sleeping Dogs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ripped it straight off SD.

sunnz

The fact that San Andreas is such an obvious template for this game is a great sign. It means R* have to aim fucking high to meet the expectations.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ripped it straight off SD.

Well you could only slow mo in SD when you aimed your gun to shoot so it wasn't for driving but for shooting, here it's for driving and the car will probably be a lot more manoeuvrable to allow quick turns and such.

I wont be using it and just wish the driving physics in V are still as in depth and more realism than arcade like in IV, that is literally my current number 1 wish.

Alienous

From what I've heard about the game, this game is going to have to take a heck of an installation (on both the PS3 version, and 360).

Regenerating health + original soundtrack + Max Payne 3 gunplay + light RPG elements = THANK YOU ROCKSTAR

This game. THIS GAME.

I'm excited, but I will not buy until the confirmation of a next-gen/PC release. The version sold at launch will not be whole game it could & should be, and I will stand by that to the bank.

Unless they announce drug trading. Then they'll get my damn money.

sunnz

I'm excited, but I will not buy until the confirmation of a next-gen/PC release. The version sold at launch will not be whole game it could & should be, and I will stand by that to the bank.

So a game cannot be a full game... if the graphics are not good?

I didn't even finish reading the previews and I'll give the game a 10/10. I'd wait in line for 12 hours tonight if I could get just a demo of the game with 4 streets.

they don't need to confirm a PC release. it's coming. all the GTA games in the 3d era have released about 5-7 months after the release on consoles. the PC version should be out in the spring of 2014 based on this. and this was true for gta3, vc, sa, iv... it will be the same for gtav....

there's a lot of money to be had on the pc and take 2 knows this... they're not stupid.

delta25

Banned
I'm glad they've put the PC version on the back burner, IMO doing this means the console version takes priority meaning all focus lies on them and only them.

there's a lot of money to be had on the pc and take 2 knows this... they're not stupid.

They are greedy. They could easily release the PC version simultaneously, they don't because they want people to double dip... buy the console version, and then buy the better performing & looking PC version later. It's a pretty dick move in my opinion... but, it effective. I know i will be purchasing the console version Day1.

Regenerating health + original soundtrack + Max Payne 3 gunplay + light RPG elements + midnight club car customization + heists = THANK YOU ROCKSTAR

This game. THIS GAME.
Added some, and god damn yes, THIS GAME.

Sounds too good to be true. But after Red Dead and Max Payne 3 they've redeemed themselves in my eyes from the should've-been-better GTA4.

Max Payne's shooting:

black-girl-crying-fist-pump-gif.gif

The rest:

Faint.gif

delta25

Banned
They are greedy. They could easily release the PC version simultaneously, they don't because they want people to double dip... buy the console version, and then buy the better performing & looking PC version later. It's a pretty dick move in my opinion... but, it effective. I know i will be purchasing the console version Day1.

Sales wise how has PC gaming been towards rockstar?

Raven77

Honestly, this game is sounding just simply incredible. The breadth and depth of what you are going to be able to do here is unprecedented for this generation.

Huge update to the lighting system, draw distance, complexity of the enironments, loving it.

SinSilla

Oh god, i just became 30 and gaming slowly started to lose some of it's magic for me.

But this game, with all it's glory promises, brings back the very greatest memories of my life as a gamer. The feeling of anticipation is only topped by me putting my first cassette in my C64 or the bullshots of Rise of the robots i saw in the sega magazine many many many years ago in the kitchen of my grandma.

So please, would some kind gentleman lead me the way to my seat on the hype train? I want to sit down now.

mb9mFpK.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

'I'll wait in a steam sale' is the reply they would give. How much percentage of PC sales is day 1 these days?

No idea, though I would expect they are less substantial than console considering they release their PC versions a year later when hype and interest has died down. I am sure their PC sales would be far more significant if they had simultaneous launches...

Hrothgar

No idea, but there is no doubt in my mind that releasing the PC version many months later than the console version has strongly encouraged piracy (that and GFWL with GTA IV).

Plus another thing is that most hype has died down by the time a PC version gets released, which won't be helping sales for that version.

BigDug13

Gta4 on PC has the mods to make it a completely different experience. Even the first person mod allowing you to roam the city looking through the eyes of your character is something the consoles never offered. I hope this time first person is one of the default view options.

Lingitiz

'I'll wait in a steam sale' is the reply they would give. How much percentage of PC sales is day 1 these days?

Just because a subset of people say that doesn't mean day 1 sales aren't happening. I can't speak to GTA4 since I wasn't on Steam then, but IIRC Max Payne 3 did very well on PC despite the short delay.

Aside from that though, Hitman, XCOM, and Far Cry 3 all did really well on Steam. Assassins Creed 3, which launched over a month after the console version didn't seem to do too well. I'm sure if it had launched simultaneously, it would have garnered alot more initial sales.

delta25

Banned
No idea, though I would expect they are less substantial than console considering they release their PC versions a year later when hype and interest has died down. I am sure their PC sales would be far more significant if they had simultaneous launches...

IMO I think it had more to do with the game being unoptimized and broken as well as requiring quite the machine to run it.

sunnz

I'm just, and I hope many others do, pretend the PC version is delayed so that it is very well optimised and R* take advantage of PC gaming.

People keep on saying how MP3 was such a good PC game, it was delayed remember.

ironcreed

Banned
Previews still rolling in.

"It’s easy to quickly lay out the bullet points establishing why Grand Theft Auto V might reaffirm—if it was even forgotten—its status as the defining, pre-eminent videogame franchise in the world. Even amid once-every-ten-year console releases this five-year-in-the-making game release will assuredly draw as much coverage across the globe as those sexy new platforms. I can say that because I’ve seen it in action, and it took just 25 minutes of gameplay and a handful of questions—plus having reviewed this franchise since GTA 2—to realize that while the surface details might sound familiar, the GTA V game world is so full of opportunity for adventure there’s a good chance you may never leave."

Known, but just to restate:

- Three main characters to play, not one
- 3.5 times the size of Red Dead Redemption’s land mass, and five times the size if you include the underwater areas. - Over ten different environment types.
- More vehicles than ever before.
- More radio stations than ever before
- “The ultimate open world game,” according to spokesman, Simon Ramsey.

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2013/05/02/grand-theft-auto-v-first-look/

- Three main characters to play, not one
- 3.5 times the size of Red Dead Redemption’s land mass, and five times the size if you include the underwater areas. - Over ten different environment types.
- More vehicles than ever before.
- More radio stations than ever before
- “The ultimate open world game,” according to spokesman, Simon Ramsey.

Any guesses how many 360 discs this will be?

Gorillaz

This has to be nerve racking for the competition.

I know Acti and EA have to be a little nervous that the returning sales king is back this year. GTA's Mass appeal is legendary, and the fact it isn't a military shooter makes it more "open" for people.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I know Acti and EA have to be a little nervous that the returning sales king is back this year. GTA's Mass appeal is legendary, and the fact it isn't a military shooter makes it more "open" for people.

There's a reason Saint's Row 4 is coming out a month early.
That said, man it's going to make their expansion pack turned 'sequel' look all the worse. I REALLY think SR4 is going to permanently damage the brand. I could see Sleeping Dogs taking 'second best' title from SR in that department, but I'd have to see Sleeping Dogs 2 under a publisher that could turn it into something. And the way games are now, that pretty much leaves ... 2K, publishers of GTA.

Marleyman

Banned

A month early, Deep Silver putting out, from what I have seen, a half ass sequel to SR3 will also feel the wrath of GTA V.

Top Bottom