• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

UrbanRats

Hmm? That was never stated...
I don't remember where i first read about it, frankly.. but apparently i'm not the only one with that impression:

At the recent GDC panel, Hideo Kojima has revealed that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain are going to be different games. So far, Ground Zeroes has been set for a 2013 release date and The Phantom Pain will be coming out in the future.
http://tech2.in.com/news/gaming/met...-and-phantom-pain-to-be-separate-games/867012
--
I'm thinking a early 2014 is more likely, actually.

Raptomex

Are the previews done? I'm seeing some posts with some new info. I'm at work so I can't really view the gaming sites to see if it just wasn't posted in the OP.

Muffdraul

I HATED the health meter in previous GTA games. Get hit & start backtracking, searching every inch to find any remaining health packs halfway through a mission.
I'm GLAD this archaic method of play is dead & buried!

I would be really pissed if there was no reason to walk into a Burger Shot or Up-N-Atom joint or whatever and buy a burger. That's all I'm saying.

Raptomex

According to the previews I've seen this morning, health only regenerates up to 50%.
Well I only say eating food will be there because why not? Whether it affects the character or not I don't know but for immersion sake they can just leave it in.

Gadirok

I honestly wont hve time to play this game in september so I cancelled my preorder. Not even going to pick up Beyond until the holidays.

Hopefully I wont miss out on anything major, but for now I think going through my copy of red dead redemption will be enough, just started today.

I love how you can run with your horse in any direction. Gives you true freedom, and I love the vast open fields filled with little things. Reminds me alot of I2.

Sothpaw

I will believe that money has use in a GTA game when I see it. I hope it does, at that would make the game even more fun.

Health regen should make the shooting parts a cakewalk, but what can you do. Seems like more people want it in than not.

UrbanRats

New screens around?

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_2013_05_02_13_022.jpg.jpg

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

Grand-Theft-Auto-V_2013_05-02-13_021.jpg

Hadn't seen those.

Raptomex

From the looks of the new trailers it looks like they changed the cop cars. Unless these are countryside cops:
I almost got the vibe they were still in beta. I get a very GTA IV vibe from these cops. Glad to hear and see all the improvements.
I will believe that money has use in a GTA game when I see it. I hope it does, at that would make the game even more fun.
There's an economy system here that they mentioned last time. I really want to know what's up with that.

I honestly wont hve time to play this game in september so I cancelled my preorder. Not even going to pick up Beyond until the holidays.

Hopefully I wont miss out on anything major, but for now I think going through my copy of red dead redemption will be enough, just started today.

I love how you can run with your horse in any direction. Gives you true freedom, and I love the vast open fields filled with little things. Reminds me alot of I2.

Welcome to 2010. All jokes aside, RDR is a great game and it sounds like they R* has built upon what they did with RDR as far as the wilderness and wild life.

borius

Neo Member
mind blown.

I don't like the regen health and powers though.

C'mon R*, update the website and show us the map.

The game sounds phenomenal I'm still leery about the driving mechanics and checkpoint system though. I'm especially excited to see how the RPG elements work

ironcreed

Banned

'How Cash Actually Matters in GTA V'

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79028/mo-money-mo-options-how-cash-actually-matters-in-grand

Looking like the entire game is centered around getting rich as hell, with varying ways in which to do so and plenty to spend it on. Including hiring people and buying equipment for your heists in order to get even richer.

I am especially intrigued by this way of making money:

"Perhaps one of the more unique ways of getting money in GTA5 is through deep sea diving. By exploring the underwater depths of Los Santos and the surrounding areas, you may discover old cargo ships with loot, or cave systems with long-forgotten treasures. "You head down with no idea what you might find," CVG says in their preview. "Because of that, the world beneath the waves will likely prove a compelling and productive part of your time in GTA V, with the reward system an incentive to repeatedly dig out your scuba gear."

Tr4nce

I wonder if there'll be other dogs than Franklins dog?

Well the 1st trailer showed a couple on the beach together with a dog. And I remember from the first GTAV Game Informer article reading that one of the game designers mentioned how alive the world was. One of the things he mentioned was seeing a dog jump up against the fence when a ped was walking by.

This game sounds so good. Too good to be true. Love the fact that there's countryside again. Loving everything I read in all the previews. Can't wait for the day I can finally pick this up!!!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I can't believe there are people who actually think this game looks anything short of beautiful. Looking at these screens, all I can think is, "Holy shit, HOW?"

New screens around?

untitled-3.jpg

Hadn't seen those.

Flat ass, 2/10, would not bang.

'How Cash Actually Matters in GTA V'

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79028/mo-money-mo-options-how-cash-actually-matters-in-grand

Looking like the entire game is centered around getting rich as hell, with varying ways in which to do so and plenty to spend it on. Including hiring people and buying equipment for your heists in order to get even richer.

I am especially intrigued by this way of making money:

"Perhaps one of the more unique ways of getting money in GTA5 is through deep sea diving. By exploring the underwater depths of Los Santos and the surrounding areas, you may discover old cargo ships with loot, or cave systems with long-forgotten treasures. "You head down with no idea what you might find," CVG says in their preview. "Because of that, the world beneath the waves will likely prove a compelling and productive part of your time in GTA V, with the reward system an incentive to repeatedly dig out your scuba gear."

I'd put money on them using 'Money' by Pink Floyd for the launch trailer.

DryvBy

I really hope at e3 they announce this is coming to the PS4 too. I really want to play this in full HD.

Yerolo

Bullshots ? Cant imagine it looking that good on 360/PS3, I think I remember GTAIV looking awesome in pre-release shots as well and it turned out quite bad on the consoles

Certinty

is Rockstar going to release actual gameplay videos ? I don't remember them doing it for 4
I Rockstar were taking down gameplay videos on YouTube of GTA IV the day before it was released. Doubt it very much that we'll see gameplay we can hope!

may be a stupid question, has this been confirmed for PS4?

I want to play this on PS4 as it will look better but it may be too hard to wait, I dont want to double dip either.

Raptomex

is Rockstar going to release actual gameplay videos ? I don't remember them doing it for 4
All the GTA videos they release prior to release are always cinematic. So you'll see gameplay, just cinematically.
may be a stupid question, has this been confirmed for PS4?

I want to play this on PS4 as it will look better but it may be too hard to wait, I dont want to double dip either.
No. Nothing on next gen yet.

Top Bottom