• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Fjordson

You would think that, after all the negative feedback that addition got, they'd ditch that to some extent (or allow you to turn the phone off).

Also, none of the three main characters seem too interested in maintaining positive relationships, so I don't think it will be something you'll have to worry about.
There are friend activities, but it's been changed a lot. Pretty sure you have to call them and initiate them.

UrbanRats

This screen:

20130502151708-gta011.jpg

is really fucking odd.
The compression is particularly bad.

Sothpaw

As cool as this....I cannot imagine a story justifying this situation

It's GTA story man, just go with it. The story is just fluff for the open world fun.

And I read the article about how cash will actually matter. Not convinced until I actually play the game. Money has never mattered in a GTA game and I am only going to take previews with a grain of salt.

I really hope the sharks look like the pics. Great whites are truly terrifying.

i cant wait for the eventual videos of players somehow getting a shark out of the water with a glitch and it's swimming around town mid air attacking people lmao

I can't wait to check out Area 51, assuming they're keeping that a surprise. Jetpacks, anyone?

jack-nicholson-nod-final.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm lukewarm on next gen consoles as it is, but I honestly feel like the number of current games I own (and haven't yet played) plus this could keep me busy for a long, long time. For me, coming at the end of the generation is actually ideal. It just sounds bigger and better than ever.

matthieuC

The ecosystem they are creating sounds damn glorious. I am most excited about the random events that happen; I think that is what really creates a world. Organic happenings are what I've always longed for in video games.

The paparazzi thing sounded amazing. I hope there are more things like that.

So basically all they need to announce is the ability to buy and sell drugs and give strippers $20s and we're good.

P.S. That Kotaku/Totillo article is horribad.

I had a feeling different characters would mean different stats and abilities, good to see that confirmed. (Actually I had Trevor down for drug induced slowmo but he's the only one who can't slow down time apparently)

Joystiq's EIC asked who it was composing the music and they said it was "someone worth announcing at a later date". I bet they'll drop OST details in August.

Oooh, I'm intrigued. I wonder if it's someone/people they've worked with before or a new composer/group.

So basically all they need to announce is the ability to buy and sell drugs and give strippers $20s and we're good.

P.S. That Kotaku/Totillo article is horribad.

I agree. It was way too much talking and felt uninspired imo. And that IGN/Mortiarty article was crap also. He got the names and skills mixed up. Called Franklin the gun expert and Michael the car expert. Sure it's small in the gran scheme of things but you would think "professionals" would get this stuff right.

I thought Game Informers was the best.

KyleN

Banned
If the gunplay is like max Payne 3 and if there is planes in Multiplayer.. Then this game could be, not only the best sinlge player game ever, but also one of the best mp games ever. Atleast for me.

Raptomex

Well this time they didn't hire any celebrities for voice casting. I don't know how much of a difference that would of made but they mentioned it.
They didn't hire celebrities for IV either. At least they didn't want to. To make it seem more realistic. And Ned Luke (voice of Michael) I've seen before on SVU. I'm sure he's acted in other things.

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah, the sharks look absolutely terrifying. Not much gets to me in games, but the great unknown of the ocean and things that look like this big fella does the trick. Can't wait, lol.

Zvo.png

dreamfall

If we had similar drug side missions like Chinatown Wars or Vice City Stories that would be golden.

I really, really hope this is the case. Maybe Trevor selling hard drugs in the countryside, and Franklin brokering bigger drug deals with other gangs!

Raptomex

I really, really hope this is the case. Maybe Trevor selling hard drugs in the countryside, and Franklin brokering bigger drug deals with other gangs!
I want more side missions that can attract cops and I want them to be unlimited. Like after completing level 10 of the mission it doesn't just disappear, you can still be able to do it. That disappointed me in IV.

I hope that the countryside is no-mans land in the sense that there are never cops around.

Also please fix the red circle system. Was playing IV yesterday and it took me like 5 minutes to get away from the fuzz after jacking one car thanks to the magic police that are apparently everywhere.

Fucking annoying.

UrbanRats

I agree. It was way too much talking and felt uninspired imo. And that IGN/Mortiarty article was crap also. He got the names and skills mixed up. Called Franklin the gun expert and Michael the car expert. Sure it's small in the gran scheme of things but you would think "professionals" would get this stuff right.

I thought Game Informers was the best.
I closed the IGN link as soon as i read "Colin Moriarty".

Squire

Banned
That's the only change that system needed.

Not only that, but they each have their own set of friends in addition to being able to hang out each other. Makes it more believable and apparently this adds to the plot.

This has shot to the top of my most wanted list. I figured it'd come out and be a good open-world game that doesn't really reinvent the wheel, but they're doing so much more than I expected.

Ryuhza

Banned
I want an ability similar to the lasso in Red Dead Redemption, something to let me bind people and move them around. And stash them in my car.

That money just went into hiring a known composer to make an original score.

Aren't they getting Michael Hunter again? I guess he's known as the guy who does the GTA scores (or at least the one usually awesome original piece that each game opens with) but I don't think he would cost that much that they couldn't get celebrities.

Raptomex

If they insist on including hidden packages like every game then please no birds. I don't want to have to discharge my weapon and risk police attention. UNLESS it's assassinations. Now that would be cool. Locating all the targets throughout the world.

dreamfall

I want an ability similar to the lasso in Red Dead Redemption, something to let me bind people and move them around. And stash them in my car.

I want this too- fully psychopathic tendencies engaged! Hopefully Trevor will fulfill that need!

I think every single numbered GTA game has been released on PC, what makes you think that this one won't?

i wanted it out on PC too

but when i read about r* being asked about the possibilities of GTAV on PC, r* replied with something like they wanna keep their focus on consoles

maybe they wanna focus on just consoles for now but there is't the slightest hint as far as i know about an eventual PC release

Red Dead Redemption still isn't on PC

sunnz

I really wish my 3rd best GTA game, Vice city stories, was on PC.

( SA,IV,VCS)

I wonder if the management in V will be similar to how we see it in VCS, as in you can upgrade bushinesses to more larger buildings and such.

but when i read about r* being asked about the possibilities of GTAV on PC, r* replied with something like they wanna keep their focus on consoles

maybe they wanna focus on just consoles for now but there is't the slightest hint as far as i know about an eventual PC release

That's R*'s MO, expect a PC version 6 to 8 months after it hits consoles.

RDR wasn't on PC, but MP3 was and it was a pretty decent port.

Squire

Banned

RDR is a technical nightmare (or mifical, depending on your perspective). GTA V will come to PC. People need to chill. This isn't a new thing by any stretch if the imagination.

Top Bottom