• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

I didnt see it mentioned in the OP, sorry if its been beat to death, but have they mentioned if youre going to get annoying phone calls in the middle of missions?

This game is shaping up to be fucking awesome. I cant wait.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I want to see spreadsheets of budgets and workforce cause goddamn the feature list here is insanity. Rockstar are behemoths. They want all the fake oscars.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Disappointed to read that they're going with health regeneration, but everything else sounds excellent.

Man, I'm worried this won't deliver. I really am. The screens look great... it can't possibly look like that in motion. This has to be cross gen, right?

Hrm.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Man, I'm worried this won't deliver. I really am. The screens look great... it can't possibly look like that in motion.

Hrm.

It will probably deliver. Rockstar has delayed this game many a time because they can, and they wont release till its ready.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
"Where 4 opted for realism, 5 seems more focused on just having a good time."

That is literally the exact thing that needed to be said for me to be fully on board here.

Man, I'm worried this won't deliver. I really am. The screens look great... it can't possibly look like that in motion. This has to be cross gen, right?

Hrm.

from the Rev3 impressions it seems they've incorporated everything that was awesome about RDR into the world of GTA V.

As long as the checkpoint system and driving are much improved I'm all in. The characters and story seem to be back on track with what I want out of their games.

Fjordson

The descriptions of the ambient soundtrack sound so good. Oh man. Red Dead and Max Payne's soundtracks were great, high hopes for this one also.

WAIT. This is NOT coming out on PC?.......

Hasn't been announced. That's not to say it won't make its way over eventually. Good chance that it will, actually.

I'm considering buying multiple copies of this game, as a thank you to Rockstar, should the game be as good as I believe it is. God I can't fucking wait.

Franklin knows a better club for that. ;)

iuDzGqxIUPtC.gif

Franklin knows what's up.

sunnz

I recommend everyone to watch the rev3 video and if you have the time the CVG one.

Both give a great idea of what is gonna happen and impressions.

i wanna know which the kinds of airplanes that will be in this one

one of the biggest joys of san andreas was being able to have a fucking HARRIER JET and also be able to fly a full sized BOEING

Hasn't been announced. That's not to say it won't make its way over eventually. Good chance that it will, actually.

I'm considering buying multiple copies of this game, as a thank you to Rockstar, should the game be as good as I believe it is. God I can't fucking wait.

Disappointing that it's not launching on PC though. I am finding it harder and harder to deal with the 360 at this point. I also don't think it'll look as nice as those screens we're seeing there but I hope I'm wrong.

Sounds great.

Hope the underwater parts are actually fun, that's the only thing that stood out to me that I'm kind of worried about. Trust them to pull it off, though.

They need to bring back the fun/ridiculous cheats, I missed those in 4.

sunnz

Ah, not the sharks. I hate sharks.

That picture is photoshopped, but sharks are still in and gonna destroy us all.

Sounds great.

Hope the underwater parts are actually fun, that's the only thing that stood out to me that I'm kind of worried about. Trust them to pull it off, though.

They need to bring back the fun/stupid cheats too, I missed those in 4.

Well the underwater area has shipwrecks, animals ( sharks, others too I assume) plus you will see other people scuba diving underwater.

Makes it sounds very interesting and not bland like in SA.

Squire

Banned
The descriptions of the ambient soundtrack sound so good. Oh man. Red Dead and Max Payne's soundtracks were great, high hopes for this one also.

Joystiq's EIC asked who it was composing the music and they said it was "someone worth announcing at a later date". I bet they'll drop OST details in August.

Xyber

I would've been so excited for this, but right now all this info does nothing for me. Come on Rockstar, at least acknowledge that there is a PC version on its way. I don't need a date, just something to keep me going. :(

They got you covered (not sure if that first one is a harrier, but we've seen jets in many screens and in the trailers).

that doesn't look like a big fat behemoth boeing but i am happy there is some variety of aerial vehicles again

i hope its just a matter of not having too many of them revealed all at one

i will flip out if there is a B2 stealth bomber somewhere in there that actually allows you to fire nukes lol, or maybe that's being too far-fetched

i hope there's some surprises

this game is looking to be a goddamn showstopper either way

Hargenx

GTA V

Character attributes:
Special
Stamina
Shooting
Strength
Stealth
Flying
Driving
Mechanic Ability
Lung capacity

Skyrim

Character attributes:
Health
Stamina
Magicka

cRPG this days...LOL

sunnz

Yeah, I did it myself. Was bored.

But if it looks remotely like this I'm not going into the water.

Ah nice lol.

No doubt there will be moments like that in game, you look left and BOOM a massive shark going straight for you.

Sharks in FC3 were the worst I thought ( tigers became easy once you got the good guns, you are defenceless against sharks)

mountain lion in RDR was the worst by a mile

So I wonder which will be the worst in V...

Fjordson

that doesn't look like a big fat behemoth boeing but i am happy there is some variety of aerial vehicles again

i will flip out if there is a B2 stealth bomber somewhere in there that actually allows you to fire nukes lol, or maybe that's being too far-fetched

There's a functioning airport, so I'm sure there will be commercial planes there.

Not sure on what exactly the jets they've shown are, I don't know shit about planes :lol

UrbanRats

1280.jpg

Looks like Trevor is piloting something fairly big here.

Also the image leaked in Max Payne 3, most likely from GTAV:

inB1Qsn4j58ZZ.jpg

Gravijah

There's a big jet in one of the trailers that seems to be used for a mission. It'll likely be like GTA:SA, where there's a mission involving one and then you can find one in a hanger somewhere.

Fjordson

1280.jpg

Looks like Trevor is piloting something fairly big here.
I just noticed the blimp in that screenshot.

At this point I'm dead set on flying a jet straight into that blimp whenever we get access to planes. No clue why I want to do this, but I'm doing it :lol

a guy like trevor dressed the way he dresses piloting an airplane (especially one that big)

there is something really mesmerizing about that

its like he just hopped into a sedan

'How Cash Actually Matters in GTA V'

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79028/mo-money-mo-options-how-cash-actually-matters-in-grand

Looking like the entire game is centered around getting rich as hell, with varying ways in which to do so and plenty to spend it on. Including hiring people and buying equipment for your heists in order to get even richer.

I am especially intrigued by this way of making money:

"Perhaps one of the more unique ways of getting money in GTA5 is through deep sea diving. By exploring the underwater depths of Los Santos and the surrounding areas, you may discover old cargo ships with loot, or cave systems with long-forgotten treasures. "You head down with no idea what you might find," CVG says in their preview. "Because of that, the world beneath the waves will likely prove a compelling and productive part of your time in GTA V, with the reward system an incentive to repeatedly dig out your scuba gear."

Certainly makes sense that the GTA V logo is styled on a dollar bill if this is the case.

pantsmith

I didnt see it mentioned in the OP, sorry if its been beat to death, but have they mentioned if youre going to get annoying phone calls in the middle of missions?

This game is shaping up to be fucking awesome. I cant wait.

You would think that, after all the negative feedback that addition got, they'd ditch that to some extent (or allow you to turn the phone off).

Also, none of the three main characters seem too interested in maintaining positive relationships, so I don't think it will be something you'll have to worry about.

Top Bottom