• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Fjordson

Random question, but didn't R* specifically say there would be no property buying back in November? Or am I imagining this? Glad they changed their mind in either case.

sappyday

wow the press are truly ejaculating over this one, they have no shame. i'm getting fond gtaiv memories

truly

omg tell me more

yea why the fuck not

its almost too good to be true

yeah eat it you fuck

----

when the media stops wording "previews" like a fucking sales pitch maybe we'll start getting somewhere

Someone really didn't like GTAIV

LQX

wow the press are truly ejaculating over this one, they have no shame. i'm getting fond gtaiv memories

truly

omg tell me more

yea why the fuck not

yeah eat it you fuck

----

when the media stops wording "previews" like a fucking sales pitch maybe we'll start getting somewhere
OMG get out...

Squire

Banned
Random question, but didn't R* specifically say there would be no property buying back in November? Or am I imagining this?

No, somebody mentioned that earlier in the thread and guessed that's part of why they delayed it. They have been adding features, apparently! :D

UrbanRats

Random question, but didn't R* specifically say there would be no property buying back in November? Or am I imagining this? Glad they changed their mind in either case.

They did.
A direct quote from Dan Houser on the Game Informer issue, no less.

I guess the huge backlash on GTA fansites was enough for them to delay 4 months and reintroduce that stuff, lol.

Fjordson

That's surprising. Damn.

I wonder how much stuff is being added thanks to the delay. This game sounds way more ambitious than I was expecting.

Just hope we're not in store for a second delay.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

truly

omg tell me more

yea why the fuck not

yeah eat it you fuck

----

You mad, bro?

bro

bro, why are you so mad?

Con_Smith

Banned

truly

omg tell me more

yea why the fuck not

yeah eat it you fuck

----

Get the fuck over yourself.

truly

omg tell me more

yea why the fuck not

yeah eat it you fuck

----

People actually being excited about a game has become a foreign concept, huh? Maybe they should write more about how anti-consumer this game is and how the industry is going down the crapper. That seems to be all anyone wants to talk about around here anyway.

Con_Smith

Banned
People actually being excited about a game has become a foreign concept, huh? Maybe they should write more about how anti-consumer this game is and how the industry is going down the crapper. That seems to be all anyone wants to talk about around here anyway.

Michael and Franklins trailers made me fear for another man trying to tell me how sexist gaming is and how bad I and the industry should feel.

Peru

I agree with him, as hyped some of these features are getting me it's the language of these previews that are the problem, the breathless hyperbole. It's not conducive to informative coverage or a good read. Unfortunately we'll see the same poor writing in many reviews.

Michael and Franklins trailers made me fear for another man trying to tell me how sexist gaming is and how bad I and the industry should feel.

That's bothering you huh? That's the big issue for you? That you have to read some articles pointing that truth out? This is totally off-topic but jesus christ the perspective of some people.

Squire

Banned
I agree with him, as hyped some of these features are getting me it's the language of these previews that are the problem, the breathless hyperbole. It's not conducive to informative coverage or a good read. Unfortunately we'll see the same poor writing in many reviews.

It's hyperbolic? Really?

So, you were at the event where the game was demoed?

...people aren't robots. You can't just expect them to say: "Yes, we saw Trevor swimming underwater. The water was blue, and there were sharks. Lots of side missions and car customization is back. You decide if you think it's good."

They enjoyed what they saw and they're expressing their feelings.

UrbanRats

Either way, that's why we got bullet points.

I'm also not a huge fan of the hyperbolic writing, but i rarely read previews and reviews anyway.

truly

omg tell me more

yea why the fuck not

yeah eat it you fuck

----

Maybe they just liked it.

truly

omg tell me more

yea why the fuck not

yeah eat it you fuck

----

Just realized this wasn’t sarcasm....

ibpKsy1nnEwjkE.gif

Con_Smith

Banned

That's bothering you huh? That's the big issue for you? That you have to read some articles pointing that truth out? This is totally off-topic but jesus christ the perspective of some people.

I'm being sarcastic so no it does not bother me. Watching the Rev3 talk about the game and hearing the CVG guys it seems they are truely impressed and were shown a great deal of the game to think it was pretty great. I'm not one of the people here who have such a shitty response to the games press and feel comfortable enough in forming my own opinion that seeing hype for a game I'm hyped for is something I can dig from sources I respect, given the context can fit the hyperbole. Everything they say so far has me jazzed, and as someone who didn't mind GTA4 this game seems to rightfully exceed my expectations as well as others.

Fjordson

Some of those quotes are not even offensive. I'm confused.

This is best exemplified by the incredible attention to detail when you go underwater. When Trevor threw on some SCUBA gear and hopped off the side of a boat, I was expecting the usual sparse underwater trench with a few floating bits of seaweed – not circling sharks, deep underwater ridges, schools of fish, a barnacle-encrusted wreck and shafts of sunlight shimmering through the water. It’s properly explorable down there, assuming you aren’t crippled by a paralysing fear of sharks. You can literally dive for sunken treasure. This marks a huge step forward for Rockstar’s worlds.

He dives off the side and the Blaine County sun does its best to follow him down, its rays refracted by the water’s surface. Rounding the bow of a sunken ship we swim right into the path of a couple of sharks – dangerous enough to warrant their own icons on the radar, but tamed for the purposes of our demo. The sea is as alive as the land, then, and just as well. GTA V’s landmass is three-and-a-half times the size of Red Dead Redemption’s; include the sea and the world is five times as big – and this time, the whole thing is fully explorable from the word go

Failing to see what is oh-so-terrible in these quotes. I appreciate the detailed description. I mean this is totally new for GTA. Going underwater has been pointless in every previous game until now.

Squire

Banned
Some of those quotes are not even offensive. I'm confused.

Failing to see what is oh-so-terrible in these quotes.

Nothing is. Everything I've read has been written sanely. The enthusiast press are excited about a game; It happens. I would think most of could understand that given the reactions we've had ourselves.

SinSilla

I'd easily pay double the price for a proper pc release with that much content...for real. 120€ would be okay for me.

Dries

Please Microsoft, please moneyhat a next gen version. I want this in 1080p with 60 fps and AA to the max.

Me too, but I can't wait for that. This will be my first Xbox game in years. Holy shit, my hype is through roof. Just holy shit.

truly

omg tell me more

yea why the fuck not

yeah eat it you fuck

----

JvKD5zr.jpg

Lucent

Just played some GTA4 on the old dusty 360 to get an idea of the visuals and performance I'm in for in GTA5 and damn, as a PC gamer this shit will be rough!!

I kinda adjusted to it after 15 minutes, it stopped looking so bad and the visual style and atmosphere took over, so if they improved the on-foot controls into something pleasant and snappy, I think I can do this!!

Yeah Niko did sort of feel like when he turned while running like he was a shopping cart full of groceries. lol. Think the vehicle handling needs to be moved a bit more towards what it was before GTAIV. I remember doing some crazy sharp turns and stuff on motorcycles and stuff in San Andreas. I got used to 4's style but it was definitely a learning curve on those vehicles.

Basketball

truly

omg tell me more
yea why the fuck not
yeah eat it you fuck

----

1367559733547.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Please Microsoft, please moneyhat a next gen version. I want this in 1080p with 60 fps and AA to the max.
Your wish is their command. Although it would be more beneficial if it was coming to PS4, 720, and we got a proper PC version no? ;)

This all sounds too much like they listened to all the criticism of GTA4, learnt from it and went about to make a much better game.

This just can't be right? They are supposed to strip even more features out of it and add more pointless collectables. It has to be at least always online or something surely. Come on Rockstar, out with it.

Black

Banned
does he still run and turn like he's under water. If so I don't care much about the game. The mechanics are terrible.

Alpende

Thanks for the bullet points, really helpful! And I have reached hype levels, it sounds amazing. Please come out for PS4 / Nextbox!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

FlyFaster

At what point does the game get so big that 360 needs multiple discs?

The game sounds too big for 1 DVD already. Any word on this?

Squire

Banned
At what point does the game get so big that 360 needs multiple discs?

The game sounds too big for 1 DVD already. Any word on this?

They haven't mentioned it, but count on at least two. It's also looking like PS3 is the lead platform, since that's what's it's been shown on.

They great thing about those codes was you could put in the sequence reeeaaallly quickly once you did it enough times and memorized them. I could enter some of the ones that ended in left+down+right+up (x2) in less than a second since all you had to do on the d-pad was makes circular motion with your thumb lol.

The GTA3 code is still muscle memory to me. I do it in a instant. My favorite cheat codes.

Brokun

I've yet to finish a GTA game, but I can't help but get sucked in by the concept and design. I so want to be into these games, but my interest plummets after about 5 hours. Could this be the one? The opportunity for stealth has me intrigued.

Top Bottom