• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Haha me too fella. I rarely ever get hyped about games any more - and even less so about soundtracks :p, but R* hits the right notes every damn time.

Yep pretty much everyone else mentioned it.

I have no idea how I missed that. Huge improvement. This seriously could be the best GTA ever in terms of pure playability if all these improvements pan out. I maintain that no GTA has ever really felt good, but this one....this could be the one.

^ I'm hopeful, but I know what ya mean. GTA has always had such amazing content/enviro that I gave it a free pass on the slightly more janky aspects. Would be loverly to have it all!

Galmerous by Fergie too? Haha. Fits so well.

Holy shit just looked that up on youtube - perfect fit indeed. Lmao I'm cracking up listening to this turrible song. Luda what happeneeddd

UrbanRats

Got off work earlier and felt the urge to mount up and regulate, lo and behold I see in the comments that I'd be able to do the same in GTA V. GOTF confirmed.
I'm not big on hip-hop.
Even then, in GTA IV i really wanted "They reminisce over you".
I had heard it in NBAStreet Vol.2 and thought it was fucking awesome.
Kept it in my mp3 player for years.
Yep pretty much everyone else mentioned it.

Did y'all know GTA IV has a (really shitty) fast switch system? Pretty much unusable but it's there.

LB + Dpad
I remember that, it was pretty useful switching from Shotgun to grenades, still, a very shitty system, compared to the wheel.

I'm not big on hip-hop.
Even then, in GTA IV i really wanted "They reminisce over you".
I had heard it in NBAStreet Vol.2 and thought it was fucking awesome.
Kept it in my mp3 player for years.

I remember that, it was pretty useful switching from Shotgun to grenades, still, a very shitty system, compared to the wheel.

Pete rock + j dilla instrumentals radio station would be my go to cruising music :D, but yeah great song tho

Squire

Banned
Sorry I haven't been following all the news.
After playing RDR my question is... can you ride horses?

No clue, but I wouldn't be surprised. This employs the eco-system tech R* made for RDR. I can't imagine there are no horses in Blaine County. They should just consider them s vehicle.

Alienous

I hope that potential heist members are treated like the dates/gang members from GTA IV (and TLAD), in that they are persistent characters.

Just imagine inviting the heist member who let the team down to golf, and just wailing on them with a golf club and leaving. Damn, now I know I'll be disappointed.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I'm actually interested in this game after reading about the new stuff. I just hope the special "random" things, like the actor striking a pose for a picture, aren't too obviously contextual.

UrbanRats

Not sure if thread worthy:
New GTAV PC rumors from IGN.
A PC version of Grand Theft Auto V has appeared on multiple German retailers
GamesOnly also briefly listed a special edition version of the game that included the following:

SteelBook with exclusive artwork
World map
Stunt-planes challenges
Online-store concessions
Bonus outfits
Bonus tattoos
Special abilities booster
Exclusive weapons

The thing is, Rockstar isn't going to be informing retailers about the future release of the PC version before they are ready to announce it. I can't imagine a situation where those German retailers aren't just making an assumption to get super early preorders.

Fjordson

Find it hard to believe. If a PC version was coming any time close to launch they'd have no reason to stick so hard to the "we're focusing on these two versions right now" talk.

Max Payne 3's PC version was confirmed in the very first trailer they put out for the game and even that came out a month later than the console versions. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

Not sure what to think of the special edition listing. Really do hope they announce one, though I sort of hope it doesn't have too much exclusive in-game crap so people sticking with the regular edition don't miss out.

SinSilla

I guess they go all out with the collectors edition. The game seems like such a huge improvement over IV, collectors should be no different. And IV's had the bag and lockbox. Don't believe

UrbanRats

Find it hard to believe. If a PC version was coming any time close to launch they'd have no reason to stick so hard to the "we're focusing on these two versions right now" talk.

Max Payne 3's PC version was confirmed in the very first trailer they put out for the game and even that came out a month later than the console versions. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

Not sure what to think of the special edition listing. Really do hope they announce one, though I sort of hope it doesn't have too much exclusive in-game crap so people sticking with the regular edition don't miss out.

At the same time, Take 2 (and R*) isn't exactly the most clockwork, precise company around.
Constant delays, changes of heart etc etc.

Compare it to something like EA or Activision, and really they could be saying "absolutely no PC version" on Monday, and "It's coming on PC" on Tuesday.

UrbanRats

I hope the next gen version is designed in tandem with the PC version with a more available memory in mind. The lack of object, vehicle, and pedestrian persistence has always bothered me in open world games.

As i said before, Cerny mentioned how a port from PC (to ps4) takes weeks, instead of months.
It'd be stupid not to, i think.

sunnz

Removed screens, scans from the magazine.

So FUCKING HYPED!!!

Hope I don't get into trouble.

Link below has them

Pagusas

Elden Member
so PS3 or 360. I'm 99% sure ill get the 360 version for the controlls, and play it till the PC version comes out. Only thing that will prevent that is if there is some obvious weakness to the 360 version. But going by Red Dead and GTA4, the 360 should be the system of choice.

... I wonder if we'll see a next gen version? I wouldnt care if they just increased the resolution and frame rate, I'd still double dip.

sunnz

Also, something from a mag ( not sure which one) that people have missed to mention:

"San Andreas fans look back fondly at the gang wars between the Ballas, Grove Street Families, and Vagos. Though modern day Los Santos is very different from the golden era of street gangs featured in that game, Rockstar has confirmed that the Ballas are still going strong.

When you ride into gang territory, they don't automatically attack you like they used to. The thugs mind their own business unless you antagonize them by drawing a weapon. Their extreme distaste for authority, however, is much more apparent. Whenever the police roll into their neighborhood, the Ballas will open fire on the boys in blue. This can be used to your advantage when you're trying to lose the heat in a chase. Drive into gang territory and they will immediately attack the police, giving you a window to escape."

Also after looking at the new/latest screens, graphically it looks...improved. Especially the draw distance and quality of distant objects. Can't wait.

The more gangs the better.

While 1-shot-kill shotgun blasts were a little much the Mafia in III, I missed that menacing threat in every game since.

Raptomex

Also, something from a mag ( not sure which one) that people have missed to mention:

Also after looking at the new/latest screens, graphically it looks...improved. Especially the draw distance and quality of distant objects. Can't wait.
Whoa. Stop everything. So the same gangs return? That's awesome. I thought the "Ballas" text on the bench in the second trailer was just going to be an easter egg I had no idea the same gangs are in the game. But will a gang wars side mission return? If so, I assume it would be specific to Franklin.

sunnz

Whoa. Stop everything. So the same gangs return? That's awesome. I thought the "Ballas" text on the bench in the second trailer was just going to be an easter egg I had no idea the same gangs are in the game. But will a gang wars side mission return? If so, I assume it would be specific to Franklin.

There is also a new screen ( scan sadly, check gta forums, news section) that shows Franklin in full green attire shooting from a car at people in purple, pretty cool. The background is clearly from the lower end part of LA ( gang territory)

Seems to be ballas and The lost in V. Wished the Vagos returned though.

Raptomex

There is also a new screen ( scan sadly, check gta forums, news section) that shows Franklin in full green attire shooting from a car at people in purple, pretty cool. The background is clearly from the lower end part of LA ( gang territory)
I have to wait until I get home. But I noticed the gang he was in in the trailer was wearing green but I had no idea they were Grove Street Gang members. Or is that not confirmed? I assumed R* was just going to create new gangs. Well this is a nice touch. Nostalgic, too.

I really hope you can choose your motorcycle helmet in V.

I got off my bike multiple times in IV just to change it to all black.

Screens look good. Glad binoculars are in!

sunnz

I have to wait until I get home. But I noticed the gang he was in in the trailer was wearing green but I had no idea they were Grove Street Gang members. Or is that not confirmed? I assumed R* was just going to create new gangs. Well this is a nice touch. Nostalgic, too.

Most likely the case.

Wont be as big as a role as SA most likely, but still there.

I really hope you can choose your motorcycle helmet in V.

I got off my bike multiple times in IV just to change it to all black.

Screens look good. Glad binoculars are in!

If I could somehow port the Sleeping dogs black helmet with the gold dragon over... That is a bad-ass helmet.

Marleyman

Banned
This game cannot not deliver. It's 100% impossible.

It will. This is the ultimate swan song for this generation. They have been building towards this since GTA IV; I expect everything they have said/shown. The SP is overwhelming enough; I seriously am in need of MP info. I think they are going to blow everyone away w/ it.

Edit - Blah, my bad.

Raptomex

misread, my fail ( blaming raptomex)

some new info:
Lol.

I think we new about that during the first preview. Well they said you would be earning a ton of money to buy one thing. I really want to hear about the "economy" system they mentioned.

Top Bottom