• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

SinSilla

Gotta love those awesome colors!

Also, has the (anti)aliasing been improved? It certainly looks better than the last round of shots.
But im on my (1080p) phone right now,might be playing tricks on me.

SJRB

Gold Member
If Flying Lotus does have a radio station, there's a good chance we'll see some J Dilla.

There was a Warp channel in Sleeping Dogs which had quite a lot of Flying Lotus [Gonjasufi]. I love Flying Lotus, hope this turns out to be real.

Sexslaveship!

UrbanRats

Also, something from a mag ( not sure which one) that people have missed to mention:

Also after looking at the new/latest screens, graphically it looks...improved. Especially the draw distance and quality of distant objects. Can't wait.

Looks and sounds great.

I really hope you can choose your motorcycle helmet in V.

I got off my bike multiple times in IV just to change it to all black.

Screens look good. Glad binoculars are in!
Lol, i did this too.

About the description on the screen with the car jumping off a bridge:

"Rockstar has added destructibility to certain objects in the game, like these construction barriers."

I wonder the extent of this.

Goldrusher

A brand new set of 12 action-packed shots in high-res featuring Michael, Franklin and Trevor in various states of play - parachuting over Blaine County, piloting over the coastline in a Cuban 800, as well as attending to business affairs solo and as a masked unit tackling heists. Enjoy.

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

1280.jpg

913791_10151655121005097_787686339_o.jpg

Fjordson

Holy fack at the new screens.

Ugh. This week has been great, but I keep remembering that we have the entire summer still until this is out. Hibernation time.

Riposte

GTA basically did not have mid mission check points before the DLC episodes for IV. You were revived at a hospital with a loss of cash and you had to go retry the whole mission or reload a save and go retry the mission. It was bad.

But the DLC and Red Dead had multiple checkpoints within missions and if you failed you could instantly retry it without having to travel back to the mission giver and all that shit. Much improved.

That actually sounds worse in a way. Too many checkpoints means easier and less tense missions and something to fall back on to excuse poor mission design. Didn't like RDR much either mind you.

delta25

Banned
I spent pretty much an entire summer absolutely consumed by all things San Andreas, I suspect fall/winter 2013 to be no different.

Fjordson

That actually sounds worse in a way. Too many checkpoints means easier and less tense missions and something to fall back on to excuse poor mission design. Didn't like RDR much either mind you.
Eh, it was tedious I thought. Having to drive all the way to the mission giver, get the setup, and then do the whole thing over again. Especially if it was a long mission.

I agree that too many isn't good, but literally none was a pain.

UrbanRats

Man, having to cross the city for one stupid mistake (your car stuck in a pole or an npc not getting on the car and getting killed by the cops) was just AWFUL.

Nah this argument doesn't work here. GTAIV forced you to redo literally everything including all in the in-mission driving to and from events. Bad, bad, bad design. RDR was a huge improvement in that respect. The threat of death is tension enough, I shouldn't have to be tense because that death will lead to me reloading a save and wasting another 15 minutes driving to the same scenario.

One thing I'd like RE: Radio Stations, since the phone is such a big thing, is to thumbs up and thumbs down tracks. If you thumbs down the track, it'll be removed from the playlist.

I actually like LCHC quite a bit but 2 of the songs on there are fucking unbearable.

Apparently they've already added the stats, properties and hair/tattoos, during this delay.
Eh, I'm not so sure about that considering they didn't reveal much in the first place.
Properties I'll give ya. Definitely added post-GI.

I wonder how much is left hidden. They saved quite a bit for SA back when.

Prologue

Its a real shame we can't have next gen ports. Obviously they are doing their best and wouldn't release a produce that wasn't up to their standards, but still, having a game like this running at 60 fps and having more /cars/traffic/pedestrians would be huge.

GTA IV had two big DLC packages that did really well. I guess that means I'm going to have to keep my 360 for +2 years just to experience GTA 5 DLC. Just seems like a hassle.

Favorite shot from the new bunch for one reason only: It brings me back to driving on those long stretches of roads/highways in San Andreas through the wilderness/countryside/desert areas just listening to the radio. One of the things I missed most from SA --> GTAIV. I hated that Just Cause 2 had such terrible vehicles and no radio because that game could've given me the same kind of experience.

There better be an insanely long freeway loop in this game *shakes fist*

Anson225

Favorite shot from the new bunch for one reason only: It brings me back to driving on those long stretches of roads/highways in San Andreas through the wilderness/countryside/desert areas just listening to the radio. One of the things I missed most from SA --> GTAIV. I hated that Just Cause 2 had such terrible vehicles and no radio because that game could've given me the same kind of experience.

There better be an insanely long freeway loop in this game *shakes fists*

haha exactly what I thought! i still remember there's a snooker place nearby where I got my first cue

BigDug13

Damn this looks beautiful. I really, REALLY hope they added a first person view to this game. I just want to walk around at eye level taking it all in.

Either way, first person view will most likely be modded into the PC version like it was for GTA4.

Damn this looks beautiful. I really, REALLY hope they added a first person view to this game. I just want to walk around at eye level taking it all in.

Either way, first person view will most likely be modded into the PC version like it was for GTA4.

Even better- Oculus Rift support!!!

SJRB

Gold Member
Atmosphere is amazing for sure. Cool to see Grove Street still having turf wars with the Ballas.

And yeah, that airplane picture gets me excited the most too, I loved just casually driving around the countryside in San Andreas. Felt super relaxing and I really enjoyed it.

Top Bottom