• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I must admit I do like the thought of Burt Reynolds/Ray Liotta pissing Dan Houser off. Houser's known to be a bit of a major prick isn't he ?

MormaPope

Banned
I must admit I do like the thought of Burt Reynolds/Ray Liotta pissing Dan Houser off. Houser's known to be a bit of a major prick isn't he ?

The whole voice acting cast for Vice City just acted goofy as hell, Jenna Jameson brought her dad with her when she had to do her dialog and moaning for Candy Suxx.

Alienous

I'm almost certain that the finale of GTAV will take place in the Mile High Club building, but I'm trying to think how, now.

Do Michael, Trevor and Franklin exact revenge on a business associate who betrays them, Heat style?

ivwOvVLryZ2L8.png

Not going to lie, that was EXACTLY what I was thinking when I read that response.

But really, if you have to cut money somewhere, that's the first place to do it, plus giving the gig to who really needs it, people with the same talent but without the "name".

I remember reading ages ago that "Shrek" was the beginning of the end for major voice actors. People started getting "famous" actors to do the major voice parts because they could headline it and try and sell the movie based on that.

Shame really, good voice acting can really bring a character to life and I always find if the actor is famous that I picture their face instead of the character. There are great examples of that not happening though like Aladdin, Pixar movies, etc ... but you can tell the cash-ins.

UrbanRats

I remember reading ages ago that "Shrek" was the beginning of the end for major voice actors. People started getting "famous" actors to do the major voice parts because they could headline it and try and sell the movie based on that.

Shame really, good voice acting can really bring a character to life and I always find if the actor is famous that I picture their face instead of the character. There are great examples of that not happening though like Aladdin, Pixar movies, etc ... but you can tell the cash-ins.

At least in the US they pick famous actors, here (for the dubbing) they pick famous people, period.
Singers, football/soccer players, showgirls, reality shows contestants.. basically every 3d animated film that isn't Pixar's (actually even some Pixar's) is completely destroyed by this.
I mean i know they use some comedians in the US, but that's still miles better than a football player.

Is it confirmed whether the death/cheakpointing system is like RDRs? Just playing through RDR now and I forgot how improved it is over IV.
We know there's a checkpoint system, little beyond that.
Frankly, even Ballad of Gay Tony was much improved over GTA4, so i doubt they'll go back to the horrible one.

In the thread there are other tweets, btw:

I7458yf.png

9pG4J7b.png

Again, seems like she's joking around.

Also looking at the dates: They're still doing voice overs?

This was the thread
I had not read the latest updates though, which seem to indicate that she's not Amanda after all (maybe someone else).
Or maybe she's just toying around with the fans, since technically she can't confirm anything?

http://youtu.be/YaHzpxyMk5k
The voice fits.

UkEdOrr.png

She's cute. I know nothing else about her.

What a fucking bitch.

are-you-okay_516ovbol.gif

I'm happy they moved away from hollywood self important pricks, though i have a few names i'd love to have voicing the game.
To be fair, games now are more popular than ever, and even Hollywood actors (with Call of Duty and such) are getting the memo.
But really, if you have to cut money somewhere, that's the first place to do it, plus giving the gig to who really needs it, people with the same talent but without the "name".

True, but some characters are improved by their actors... Samuel L. Jackson as Office Tenpenny, James Wood as Mike Toreno, David Cross (Tobias Funke) as Zero...

Most of the actors weren't major, except for Samuel L. Jackson, and that really did improve the game. He was so great in it.

Leucrota

I'm gonna guess the framerate wasn't so bad to distract them from the overdose of info their brain was getting. :)

Were gonna have to wait until release, but yes framerate is one of the reasons I wish for a PS4 version.

Giantbomb folks said the performance was fine.

Squire

Banned
OMG HOW DARE SHE STUPID WHORE I BET SHE SUCKED DAN HOUSER'S DICK WITH MORE PASSION

This is probably the same attitude Ray Liotta had when he voiced Tommy Vercetti.

I think you're joking, but you really should edit to make it clear. Just friendly advice.

http://hiphopgamerinc.com/gta5-is-coming-to-ps4-also-rumored-exclusive-ps-vita-story-extension/

GTA5 Is Coming To PS4, Also Rumored Exclusive PS Vita Story Extension

Has this guy any credibility?

NO.

Especially considering he's been in Sony's pocket for years. No. God no.

Riposte

If they can get the mission design down, then this game will be pretty damn great. Hopefully as fun to fuck around in as Sleeping Dogs in any case.

Is it confirmed whether the death/cheakpointing system is like RDRs? Just playing through RDR now and I forgot how improved it is over IV.

Remind me, how did that work?

Fjordson

If they can get the mission design down, then this game will be pretty damn great. Hopefully as fun to fuck around in as Sleeping Dogs in any case.

Remind me, how did that work?
GTA basically did not have mid mission check points before the DLC episodes for IV. You were revived at a hospital with a loss of cash and you had to go retry the whole mission or reload a save and go retry the mission. It was bad.

But the DLC and Red Dead had multiple checkpoints within missions and if you failed you could instantly retry it without having to travel back to the mission giver and all that shit. Much improved.

Raptomex

With these heists and all the planning I really hope they bring back the feature to replay missions. I mean I'd want to retry heists with a different crew and stuff. Or at least give us the ability to rob the big places whenever we want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder how indepth the clothes selection will be for each character. If it'll be as specific as SA and IV's or if it's a selection of outfits for each character, and if so, how many.

Unless it's confirmed, I highly doubt tattoos will be in like that fake PC 'special edition' said.

UrbanRats

I wonder how indepth the clothes selection will be for each character. If it'll be as specific as SA and IV's or if it's a selection of outfits for each character, and if so, how many.

Unless it's confirmed, I highly doubt tattoos will be in like that fake PC 'special edition' said.

It's "confirmed" in several previews.
Maybe only Trevor and Franklin will have access to them?

Anyway, on GTAForums they have various database, where they keep track of stuff, including clothing:

Animals database
Vehicles database
Weapons database
Music database
Clothing database

#Random

For all the hate Franklin was getting from some for being a "San Andreas retread," he has some of the best screens. The nighttime footage in his trailer was also my favorite.

You ain't got to like it cause the hood gon' love it, indeed.

Fjordson

Wow. Those shots are new to me (been so busy this past week, I still haven't been able to read all the new info).

GTA V isn't exactly Crysis 3 or anything on a technical level, but I think their lighting is pretty damn nice. Good atmosphere.

UrbanRats

Wow. Those shots are new to me (been so busy this past week, I still haven't been able to read all the new info).

GTA V isn't exactly Crysis 3 or anything on a technical level, but I think their lighting is pretty damn nice. Good atmosphere.

They put all the new shots on the V website a couple of days back.

#Random

For all the hate Franklin was getting from some for being a "San Andreas retread," he has some of the best screens. The nighttime footage in his trailer was also my favorite.

You ain't got to like it cause the hood gon' love it, indeed.

Dat first shot is straight out the finale of Heat

I would give up all the lighting and effects if they can just make the view less blurry this time. I didn't hate the way 4 looked but after going back, just looking around is distracting.

UrbanRats

I would give up all the lighting and effects if they can just make the view less blurry this time. I didn't hate the way 4 looked but after going back, just looking around is distracting.

Nah man.
The blurry you can remove on PC or ps4/720, the lighting model though? Not as easy.

Anyway, i really like Franklin, the only thing that worries me about him is the fact that he always seem the more self serious of the three characters, even from the last trailer.
Could end up being annoying.
They describe Lamar as "hilarious" though, so we'll see.

Squire

Banned

They discussed it on Rev3. It seems broad, but you have to stay within a character's personality. Trevor might run around with no shirt and Michael likes a nice suit, but you wouldn't be able to switch those around because that's not their style.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff in the supposed SE is for your MP character, who you can use in the campaign apparently. Although Trevor has a couple of tattoos. If you can change any, it's probably his.

UrbanRats

I think while maintaining the character's style, they'll be clever about giving you something for every occasion, with everyone.
I mean we already know all three have suits, despite Trevor not being exactly the suit type.

Squire

Banned
I think while maintaining the character's style, they'll be clever about giving you something for every occasion, with everyone.
I mean we already know all three have suits, despite Trevor not being exactly the suit type.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. Everybody will have a suit, swimming trunks, etc etc.

dreamfall

I kind of secretly hope there are missions/challenges to unlock more outfits like in Red Dead. I also hope there are more shops to buy all types of things!

UrbanRats

I kind of secretly hope there are missions/challenges to unlock more outfits like in Red Dead. I also hope there are more shops to buy all types of things!

That kind of bugged me in RDR.
I didn't even like the face meter to buy clothes in Sleepy Dogs.

If i have the money, i want to be able to buy the clothing i like :(
Bar those specific to missions, of course (cop outfit, etc).

I bought tons of clothes in Saint's Row 3. Just let us get money -> buy clothes please. It doesn't need to get any more complicated then that.
Yes, it gets to a point where, when you're finally able to get that damn shirt you liked, you're tired of the game, so you don't get to use it.

Squire

Banned
I bought tons of clothes in Saint's Row 3. Just let us get money -> buy clothes please. It doesn't need to get any more complicated then that.

Scapegoat

Why not both? A bunch of different clothes styles and stores to buy them in, and some hidden outfits you need to work towards.

Perhaps some elaborate treasure hunt sidequest where you collect the different parts of an Iron Man clone suit; hand lasers, rocket boots, chest cannon.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Something from the Edge preview just occurred to me:

t won’t just be the three of you going out on heists, either. For the bigger jobs, you’ll need to hire a crew, and split the takings between those who survive.

Obviously not all your gang will make it through every mission, but I wonder if you'll be able to sneakily off a couple of guys just before the end to ensure bigger cuts (a la the intro of Dark Knight)? Maybe that could have repercussions later on, or you could end up screwing yourself over if you get rid of the wrong guy at the wrong time... the possibilities are immense.

UrbanRats

Obviously not all your gang will make it through every mission, but I wonder if you'll be able to sneakily off a couple of guys just before the end to ensure bigger cuts (a la the intro of Dark Knight)? Maybe that could have repercussions later on, or you could end up screwing yourself over if you get rid of the wrong guy at the wrong time... the possibilities are immense.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=56624520&postcount=138

;)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wonder since their skills go up if they survive, will your hired help try to ask for more money in future jobs?

Probably. Higher skill = bigger cut, so killing them off will mean you have to use worse people again.

I will totally off them, though.

Franklin - People say it looks very San Andreas, but I get a more serious vibe from it. It reminds me of The Wire more than anything. "Omar be coming!!! Omar!! Omar!!

Dat first shot is straight out the finale of Heat

Heat / Collateral are personal all-time faves of mine. I don't mind them doing homages to it. Also more heist-gone-wrong like in the film. Ultra sweet.

Fjordson

CVG basically asked exactly this during their demo.

R* of course was coy about it but said that there are "ways" to increase your cut.

Though I hope it's not as simple as just gunning your guys down mid-mission and picking up the floating cash they drop.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

CVG basically asked exactly this during their demo.

R* of course was coy about it but said that there are "ways" to increase your cut.

Though I hope it's not as simple as just gunning your guys down mid-mission and picking up the floating cash they drop.

Yeeees, "ways". That's what we need...

That's what I mean by repercussions. It would be cool if you could mess something like that up and have the rest of the team turn on you (aside from the protags of course), making both the current mission and future hiring process more tricky.

If you did it cleverly, you could make it look like they were collateral damage, reaping the rewards afterwards, while the remaining members (if any) are forced to look on - any suspicions outweighed by their increased loot!

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it, but some sort of Joker-esque scenario would definitely be fun to pull off as long as it's not forced on the player.

Edit:
I wonder since their skills go up if they survive, will your hired help try to ask for more money in future jobs?

Actually, yeah, that would make sense. The better they get, the more they demand, so eventually you kill them. The result of that would be having to go back to using shittier thugs and therefore making heists trickier. Even something as simple as that would work imo.

Fjordson

Yeah, hopefully crew members get more and more expensive as their skills increase. Makes sense since that'll force you to decide between the reliable guys who cost more and the rookie guys that are cheaper.

I really doubt it'll be this deep but it'd be awesome if you could ice the help so eventually no one will work with you because they don't want to get wacked too.

Top Bottom