• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Alienous

What about multiplayer heists

Could they have multi-stage multiplayer heist missions where you rob trains, get jetpacks and fly away with the cash

Los Santos' free roaming open world is the lobby. Each crew is a team. Want to rob a store? Another team might be protecting it. You just started a capture the flag, with the flag being jewellery and the flag capture point being your teams van. Promote a street race, and bet cash on the result. Capture a territory in the city, and fight for control of Los Santos and the neighbouring regions.

Use cash to rank up and customize your weapons, vehicles, clothing and tattoos. Also earn cash in CO-OP and CO-OP versus modes like the returning 'Cops 'n Crooks', and other heist based missions vs artificial intelligence.

... we can dream.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

Could they have multi-stage multiplayer heist missions where you rob trains, get jetpacks and fly away with the cash

Maybe it will be like Kane and Lynch o whatever where you rob a bank and it gets split between who's alive or there's an undercover cop but you don't know who it is.

Horns

I have a feeling that there will be some MP co-op missions like those.

Vanilla IV shipped with 3 co-op missions. Despite being short they were rather fun to play.

nick nacc

Banned
Why would they regret it? They get to play the game until a better version comes out, then they can buy the better version if they want it. Sounds awesome to me and thats exactly as I hope it happens. GTA is a game worth double dipping.

If it came out simultaneously or around Christmas they would. I think rockstar wants to capitalize on double dippers, which is why a much later release is likely.

Raptomex

If it came out simultaneously or around Christmas they would. I think rockstar wants to capitalize on double dippers, which is why a much later release is likely.
I already have it paid off for both consoles already. AND I'll be buying any other version released. Rockstar will always capitalize off of me as long as they keep releasing these awesome games.

Sorry GTA bros, got delayed on the thread.

Will defo get it up tonight.

I want a splatter mode in MP where you launch yourself off of a ramp on a PCJ and try to rack up points.
Like Skate's Hall Of Meat if you've played that.

Pachimari

Sorry GTA bros, got delayed on the thread.

Will defo get it up tonight.

I want a splatter mode in MP where you launch yourself off of a ramp on a PCJ and try to rack up points.
Like Skate's Hall Of Meat if you've played that.
What thread?
Sorry haven't kept up to date.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Too early for the OT right?

image.php

UrbanRats

They aren't.
OT can be opened only a week before launch.

What Bucket is talking about is a GTA general thread in the community side of the forum.

EDIT: Fjorded.

Aguirre

playing gtaIV on pc, i forgot how many little touches this game had in regards to npcs... they run for cover when its raining, do stop-and-chats, etc.

currently causing havok with a trainer i installed. lol.

Orbis

currently causing havok with a trainer i installed. lol.
My favourite thing to do in Liberty City Stories on PSP was to use that awesome trainer (which actually exposed a major exploit hole in the PSP firmware if I recall) and raise the sea level, flooding parts (or all) of the city. Oh and flying a DeLorean. And placing explosive barrels everywhere. And totally relevant to GAF; it had a built in GIF recorder.

Aguirre

My favourite thing to do in Liberty City Stories on PSP was to use that awesome trainer (which actually exposed a major exploit hole in the PSP firmware if I recall) and raise the sea level, flooding parts (or all) of the city. Oh and flying a DeLorean. And placing explosive barrels everywhere. And totally relevant to GAF; it had a built in GIF recorder.

thats actually cool.

gta4 missions is more fun than i remember? ???? how can this be >.<

Orbis

thats actually cool.

gta4 missions is more fun than i remember? ???? how can this be >.<
Yeah they're not bad. Ballad of Gay Tony I had more fun with mission wise though, and I plan on playing through that fully someday. I'm terrible at finishing GTA games.

UrbanRats

Any news on that XBOX preview?

I can't seem to find anything yet weirdly.

Even on the GTA forums.
There's a thread on GTA Forums.

Some small news seem to have came out, but i'm doubtful of how much of it is just the writer bullshitting, because it's written in a very ironic way.

.Blaine County has many rustic towns

. Flights to 5 locations starting at $499

.Traffic laws were mentioned to being enforced.

.Watch out for dog leavings not to step in it.

.Erratic driving or police chases could pop over the curb and kill you on the beach.

.Don't stare at half naked Women, they get irritated and shout or shoot at you.

.Hotdog Carts on the Beach will help with health

.The mountain area is so big you could get lost very easily.

.The base is near Grape seed and has lots of advanced Military Machinery. It's not easy to get on base and steal.

.You can't drive Golf carts on the streets of Los Santos(possible wanted level?)

.The Observatory is functioning and a secret meeting spot

.Climbing the Vinewood sign gives you an incredible view and a wanted level if you are caught.

.Watch out for Crop Dusters, they are inconsiderate and will spray you if you are in the way.

.If you get caught touching other peoples expensive cars and such in Los Santos, they get angry.(think of Repo's oooo)

.Richman Hotel functions and you can stay there.

.Also, it says in the eleventh page that you can't find luxury or any sports car in Blaine County, only in Vinewood area.

Taken from GTAForums, can't link because the page contains scans.

Also some info seem kind of contradictory? Hotdog replenish your health, but there's health regen?

EDIT: Yeah no, most of these bullet points (like "can't drive golf carts off the golf courts") are written as jokes, into the article.
It's written kind of like the instruction manuals typical of GTA, so it's hard to tell what's a joke and what's real info.

sunnz

Some small news seem to have came out, but i'm doubtful of how much of it is just the writer bullshitting, because it's written in a very ironic way.

Yea I seen that, seems like BS ( well I hope it kinda is, some points seem a bit too OTT and stupid, some are pretty cool)

Aguirre

.Traffic laws were mentioned to being enforced.

Also some info seem kind of contradictory? Hotdog replenish your health, but there's health regen?
oh no, gosh no. pleeeeaasseeee no! i cant not violate traffic laws in this game. im accustomed to driving in the wrong lane from the get go >.<

you should do it before gtaV drops, thats what im doing in order to fully appreciate all gameplay/graphical changes. :)

SJRB

Gold Member

What's with all the "if you do this you'll get a wanted level/get shot" stuff?

"Welcome to GTAV, where you can do anything!

..you can't do anything"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

EDIT: Yeah no, most of these bullet points (like "can't drive golf carts off the golf courts") are written as jokes, into the article.
It's written kind of like the instruction manuals typical of GTA, so it's hard to tell what's a joke and what's real info.

This guy's tag is "Class A c*nt"

Hm...

UrbanRats

Again, if you read the article (see my edit) most of these bullet points (that were extrapolated by someone on Reddit, btw) read actually more like jokes, than real features.

Example:
Actual Article-- "If the many leisure activities of Los Santos are a bit too extreme for you, then you'll be happy to discover the Los Santos Golf Club. An exclusive venue frequented by the rich and famous, any golf fan will feel right at home.
Please note: patrons are not permitted to 'borrow' the golf buggies and drive them on the road.
"

Extrapolated info: "Can't drive golf buggies on the road!"

And this goes for basically all of those points.

This guy's tag is "Class A c*nt"

Hm...

You can write your own tag on GTAForums.

Fjordson

I remember reading that the health regen doesn't bring you back to full. Just like half health or something like that, so there could still be those hot dog carts and other food places to get you back up to full.

But the rest, I don't know. Definitely some odd bullet points in there.

UrbanRats

I remember reading that the health regen doesn't bring you back to full. Just like half health or something like that, so there could still be those hot dog carts and other food places to get you back up to full.

But the rest, I don't know. Definitely some odd bullet points in there.

Yeah i thought about that.
Still, i don't see them bothering with traffic laws, in a game where you can fly jets.
I mean it could play into the heist thing, keep a low profile while escaping (Drive-intro-style) but since it has been a wet dream of some more hardcore GTA fans since GTAIII, i am very doubtful it's actually legit and not just someone being delusional.

abundant

Game Informer said that, it's 50% health regen.

Fjordson

Still, i don't see them bothering with traffic laws, in a game where you can fly jets.
I mean it could play into the heist thing, keep a low profile while escaping (Drive-intro-style) but since it has been a wet dream of some more hardcore GTA fans since GTAIII, i am very doubtful it's actually legit and not just someone being delusional.
Yeah, I agree. Seems strange.

I love that idea you posted about having to keep a low profile post-heist in order to not attract attention.

I finished GTA4 last night for the first time, and had an idea regarding police presence. It would be cool if you do something, like go whizzing through a red light, and that doesn't get you a star, perse, but puts the police on heightened alert to your presence. So, no star, but all of a sudden you see the flashing lights on the radar indicating police presence, and you have to avoid being caught in their line of sight for a set period of time. If you ARE seen, during this heightened alert period, then you end up with a one-star rating. I would love to see something like this implemented. I guess that draws from Metal Gear Solid and how their alert system works?

I am fine with the freedom of just driving through red lights.

Let my role playing mind come up with my own traffic laws unless it can help improve the game in terms of realism; Mafia 1/2.

In a game where I can pretty much use everything at my disposal, obeying traffic laws just feels like a barrier set up against those experiences.

What is the fun in driving a Lamborghini when I have to keep stopping for red lights? I am not sitting in my car on my way to work. I am playing a game where I can let my fantasy go wild.

UrbanRats

Well since GTA Vice City, when you lost a star, it kept flashing in there for a minute or so, and in that time frame, if you did something even minor (like bumping into another car or drive too fast) the star came back.
Could be something similar.

I thought GTA IV was an absolute pain in the ass as far as cops/wanted levels go.

It'd be cool if they had a set # of cops working their beats. Doubt that they could pull it off with such little RAM though. They were everywhere in IV and it was a major buzzkill.

It'd be neat if they're on high alert (looking for a red car, etc) but you don't have a wanted level per se. Then I'd be cool with minor infractions getting attention.

Anth0ny

oh no, gosh no. pleeeeaasseeee no! i cant not violate traffic laws in this game. im accustomed to driving in the wrong lane from the get go >.<

you should do it before gtaV drops, thats what im doing in order to fully appreciate all gameplay/graphical changes. :)

dat realism

running a red light or speeding gives you a wanted star

Fjordson

Lmao, shit man speeding giving a star would be so awful. I can't see R* ever doing that. Same with running traffic lights or other stuff like that.

I thought GTA IV was an absolute pain in the ass as far as cops/wanted levels go.

It'd be cool if they had a set # of cops working their beats. Doubt that they could pull it off with such little RAM though. They were everywhere in IV and it was a major buzzkill.

It'd be neat if they're on high alert (looking for a red car, etc) but you don't have a wanted level per se. Then I'd be cool with minor infractions getting attention.

I actually liked how GTA 4 handled cops. They still spawn them in just around corners, but do a much better job about it compared to games like Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs who are much more blatant about it. Plus with GTA's much better traffic and NPC behavior, escaping from the cops feels a lot more like something you could do quickly if you're clever/lucky and pay attention to your radar/ears. It's possible for the cops to lose you based on your own actions, rather than just running out a 30 second super cop timer.

Whereas with SR, the cops just seem keep spawning at you until you go into a store, and with Sleeping Dogs it seems like it's all but impossible to escape until you've reached a certain time threshold (or car ramming threshold) where they instantly stop spawning cops 3 meters behind you and they all wander off to get donuts allowing you to escape.

I think the GTA4 system still has room for a lot of improvement, but I vastly preferred it (and all other NPC-AI interactions) to the other big dogs of open world driving games this generation.

Top Bottom