• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Consider the fact that this is a huge investment for Take2, they will want to get as much mileage as possible out of this one.
You don't release a game this big and just forgot about it, is what i'm saying.

If they do release release GTA5 on next-gen consoles, then I don't expect it to be this year. I don't think that they'll even announce it for those consoles this year. They'll let as many people buy it on the PS3/360 as possible, while also release some DLC, then release the ultimate edition on those consoles some time next year. Those will probably release alongside the PC version.

UrbanRats

If they do release release GTA5 on next-gen consoles, then I don't expect it to be this year. I don't think that they'll even announce it for those consoles this year. They'll let as many people buy it on the PS3/360 as possible, while also release some DLC, then release the ultimate edition on those consoles some time next year. Those will probably release alongside the PC version.

Yeah, i'm thinking half to second half of 2014 for both PC and NGconsoles.

Fjordson

What games are you guys looking forward to to pass the time until GTA V? All I really have in mind is The Last of Us and Shadowrun Returns, but I may be missing something.

I wish Yakuza 5 was ready for a stateside release. I just beat Yakuza 4 and it was great. Such a weird series but I loved 3 and 4.

pargonta

What games are you guys looking forward to to pass the time until GTA V? All I really have in mind is The Last of Us and Shadowrun Returns, but I may be missing something.

I wish Yakuza 5 was ready for a stateside release. I just beat Yakuza 4 and it was great. Such a weird series but I loved 3 and 4.

for me it's hotline miami ps3, last of us, killer is dead, maybe dragon's crown, saints row 4, rayman legends and hopefully walking dead season 2. then it's gtaV release date.

i'll be renting most of those, of course. gtav will be a purchase.

sunnz

TLOU mainly, SR4 maybe.

If only WD came out earlier :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do think it's kind of funny about people saying there's not enough gameplay. I know it's a different time period, but San Andreas didn't even have ANY form of video until 2 months prior to the game coming out. Just them screens.

I guess Saint's Row 4. Maybe Animal Crossing and SMT 4. There's really not a lot I want left of this gen. Last of Us might be cool, but it strikes me as a game I can borrow and finish in a week.

dreamfall

Damn, I really do hope Yakuza 5 comes stateside. Somewhere in the middle of 4, and really loving it- put it on hold to jump into Dark Souls.

I think to pass the time, I'll be replaying a lot of The Lost and The Damned, and hopping online in Max Payne 3. I'm totally excited about Animal Crossing, and intrigued by Remember Me, so maybe those will work as diversions for a bit.

Hell, I'll probably end up replaying The Warriors like I do every summer. And a ton of NBA 2K. I don't know what's coming out- GTA V is on the mind, and everything else looks fuzzy!

Mr.Fresh

Ill be playing the usual COD, 2k13, Tekken Tag 2 combo, with some GTA4, Yakuza 4, The Last of Us, Tales of Xillia and maybe the killer is dead.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
got metro, remember me, last of us and starbound beta coming up and between those i play bf3 and smite should be able to hold myself over and once the e3 hype train arives that will also kill some time

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have been contemplating replaying GTA 4 since I haven't done that since 2008, but I'm wondering if I should play the vanilla then expansions or jump straight to expansions. It's mostly to remember minor characters in case they reappear in 5.

The PC version of GTAIV was sloppy and unacceptable. If it was any other game, it would've been thrown under the bus by the community. But since it was GTAIV, the community still embraced it and there's a ginormous modding community, too.

Hopefully Rockstar acknowledges that the PC community loves GTA and makes a well optimized port for V. I'd bet this will end up being the case since Rockstar has acknowledged countless mods on their newswire. The clean port of MP3 on PC is another reason.

sunnz

Since my biggest wish seems to be somewhat confirmed (keeping the IV driving, having it similar) My second wish is for there to be some of the crazy content / special content we seen in SA and such.

I don't mean SR crazy like dubstep gun but things like full on Abram's M1 tank, specially made off road vehicles, military prototype grade vehicles and weapons, full on grenade launcher ( M32, not the one in TLAD), hovercraft, WW2 jet fighters, mini motorbike ( loved the peewee in SR2) etc...

Really adds some nice fun and variety to the MP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The PC version of GTAIV was sloppy and unacceptable. If it was any other game, it would've been thrown under the bus by the community. But since it was GTAIV, the community still embraced it and there's a ginormous modding community, too.

Hopefully Rockstar acknowledges that the PC community loves GTA and makes a well optimized port for V. I'd bet this will end up being the case since Rockstar has acknowledged countless mods on their newswire. The clean port of MP3 on PC is another reason.

The ps3 version was awful too though. Maybe even worse than the PC version because of constraints.

I played it originally on PS3 then recently went back and was like 'what the hell is this blurry mess? surely this isn't the game i played before'

Since my biggest wish seems to be somewhat confirmed (keeping the IV driving, having it similar) My second wish is for there to be some of the crazy content / special content we seen in SA and such.

I don't mean SR crazy like dubstep gun but things like full on Abram's M1 tank, specially made off road vehicles, military prototype grade vehicles and weapons, full on grenade launcher ( M32, not the one in TLAD), hovercraft, WW2 jet fighters, mini motorbike ( loved the peewee in SR2) etc...

Really adds some nice fun and variety to the MP.

You might get some off road vehicles, a grenade launcher, and a vintage plane, but I don't see the rest of that making it in. Yeah they seem to be upping the crazy and explosions a bit from IV, but I still don't see them going back to hovercrafts and military prototype hardware.

Or maybe they will, I unno

Trust me guys, if the PC version of the game would give them as much revenue as the PS360 versions, they would pay more attention to it. It simply doesn't make any business sense to make the PC version a development priority and waste dev resources on it. Does somebody have the revenue breakdown for the different GTA4 versions?

It's nothing personal, just business. (and I speak from the corner of wanting a badass PC version)

Pennybags

You might get some off road vehicles, a grenade launcher, and a vintage plane, but I don't see the rest of that making it in. Yeah they seem to be upping the crazy and explosions a bit from IV, but I still don't see them going back to hovercrafts and military prototype hardware.

I don't know man. We've already had screens that show a handheld minigun.

sunnz

Either Rockstar deliver or modders do :p

Yea, the minigun and fighter jet gives me hope

There's a military base that hasn't been shown yet. Could be some interesting stuff in there.

This might be a piece of it:

QjecRhd.jpg

UrbanRats

I'd say a Tank is almost a given.

nick nacc

Banned
Pretty much.

In fact I wouldnt be surprised if the ps4/720 version releases before Christmas.

God I hope your right. Anyone who gets this on 360 is going to regret it the second a next gen version is release, the game will play and feel like balls comparatively once they see it on better hardware,. Which makes is probable that they will hold off on a next gen version for a bit. But maybe not. After all, most people will still have current gen and the next gen version might not impede sales. Or maybe their strategy is to get extra buys through double dippers. Bastards.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
LATD added a grenade launcher too.

People need to lose the mindset that San Andreas was as goofy as Saint's Row. It was never that ridiculous. It just had a couple ridiculous things tucked in there. It's like when people find the serious story of GTA 4 jarring compared to the humor in the radio stations and ads, but San Andreas's story was serious too. It just had some more ridiculous gameplay involved. None of the trailers for San Andreas made you go 'whaaaaaa that's so crazy'

I'd say a Tank is almost a given.

TBoGT added a APC, so a tank doesn't seem too unlikely to me.

Maybe I'm just trying not to put my hopes in anything San Andreas-like returning to avoid disappointment. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by stuff like the RPG-lite stats, minigun + VTOL, property owning, etc, than hope for hovercrafts, jetpacks, tanks, etc and be disappointed. Everything from Rockstar this gen has told me they aren't in that space anymore, and it's a little hard to believe they're going all the way back to it, even now.

But like I said: I unno, we'll see.

sunnz

Maybe I'm just trying not to put my hopes in anything San Andreas-like returning to avoid disappointment. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by stuff like the RPG-lite stats, minigun + VTOL, property owning, etc, than hope for hovercrafts, jetpacks, tanks, etc and be disappointed. Everything from Rockstar this gen has told me they aren't in that space anymore, and it's a little hard to believe they're going all the way back to it, even now.

But like I said: I unno, we'll see.

Yep, gotta keep the expectations low.

Pretty hard to do, once I think of what I want in game, so many ideas come up lol.

Yep, gotta keep the expectations low.

Pretty hard to do, once I think of what I want in game, so many ideas come up lol.

Truthfully, I don't care that much if those things make it back in. They're like "icing on the cake" additions. The actual cake, for me, is that they've made an entire game revolving around heists. HEISTS. HEISTS, BRUH. And not just one-off missions, but multi-mission preparation + execution arcs. Even Three Leaf Clover from GTAIV, which was honestly only a C-tier homage when you look at sound, mechanics, and gameplay, was still the best part of that game.......AND THEY'VE MADE AN ENTIRE GAME REVOLVING AROUND AND FLESHING OUT THE CONCEPT. Not to mention taking lessons learned from Red Dead and Max Payne 3 on gameplay.

From my perspective, this is already 10x the game IV was even if none of the SA features were coming back. But now that some are confirmed, I'd rather just take it all in without expectations.

UrbanRats

I don't think a Tank is anything crazy.
We already saw at least two types of fighter jets, compared to that a tank is far more straight forward.
Besides, the leaked vehicle list has a "rhino" entry (not that the list has to be taken 100% seriously, since it mentions a snow vehicles).
Now, a Jetpack? *That* i don't expect.

Anson225

speaking of PC port, recently I just restarted the game on Steam.
Anyway the performance was terrible as expected at first, but to my surprise after I installed an ENB mod the game actually not only looks much better but run smoother... so right now i'm quite enjoying it on PC

Pagusas

Elden Member
God I hope your right. Anyone who gets this on 360 is going to regret it the second a next gen version is release, the game will play and feel like balls comparatively once they see it on better hardware,. Which makes is probable that they will hold off on a next gen version for a bit. But maybe not. After all, most people will still have current gen and the next gen version might not impede sales. Or maybe their strategy is to get extra buys through double dippers. Bastards.

Why would they regret it? They get to play the game until a better version comes out, then they can buy the better version if they want it. Sounds awesome to me and thats exactly as I hope it happens. GTA is a game worth double dipping.

Denzar

A maximum of 5 stars huh? I know GTA IV did not have any military activity but I hope V does.

Absurd as it was, trying to escape the miltary in III, VC and SA was very thrilling.

I'm replaying RDR right now, and after the relatively disappointing DLC release for RDR (we all thought a young Landon Rickett's single player release would be inevitable), an idea that I had for a simple cash in would be to release something like "More random encounters," a small pack, sold for say $5, that packed in more random encounters all around the world... Varrying the number of unscripted encounters. As most remember, RDR's "random encounters" are pretty limited... maybe like 5 or 6, and all of them are variations of one another ("My horse was stolen go get him back," "My cart was stolen go get em back," "My cart is broken BAH HAHA TRICKED YOU," etc). By the time you are in Mexico you have seen every random encounter that there is, basically.

I'd happily pay a small amount for, say, 20 different random encounters for $2 - $5 or something, which can just take the place of the ones that are there now.

I'd also happily buy collectible DLC's and other things like that to promote exploration, assuming that full game DLC's like Lost & Ballad are off the table for V (not guaranteed, but less likely).

*edit*

No Nextgen version is happening before Christmas. It's still up in the air as to whether V will ever get a PS4/NextXbox release ever, and it's definitely NOT happening before Christmas. That being said, if they did release V on nextgen consoles, I would absolutely double dip. Like someone else said, I triple-dipped on GTA:SA and Vice City (PS2, PC, and again on PSN/XBL)

http://www.epsilonprogram.com/
Is this new? It's a contest where you can get yourself a role in GTAV as an Epsilon member.

Posted this earlier in the thread... it started sometime last week. I signed up but never got any confirmation or antyhing else in my email.

Muffdraul

Pretty much.

In fact I wouldnt be surprised if the ps4/720 version releases before Christmas.

If I was R* I'd let the current gen version sell through for at least a year before introducing the next gen upgrade. Gotta exploit dem double/triple/quadruple-dippers.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I'm replaying RDR right now, and after the relatively disappointing DLC release for RDR (we all thought a young Landon Rickett's single player release would be inevitable), an idea that I had for a simple cash in would be to release something like "More random encounters," a small pack, sold for say $5, that packed in more random encounters all around the world... Varrying the number of unscripted encounters. As most remember, RDR's "random encounters" are pretty limited... maybe like 5 or 6, and all of them are variations of one another ("My horse was stolen go get him back," "My cart was stolen go get em back," "My cart is broken BAH HAHA TRICKED YOU," etc). By the time you are in Mexico you have seen every random encounter that there is, basically.

I'd happily pay a small amount for, say, 20 different random encounters for $2 - $5 or something, which can just take the place of the ones that are there now.

I'd also happily buy collectible DLC's and other things like that to promote exploration, assuming that full game DLC's like Lost & Ballad are off the table for V (not guaranteed, but less likely).

*edit*

No Nextgen version is happening before Christmas. It's still up in the air as to whether V will ever get a PS4/NextXbox release ever, and it's definitely NOT happening before Christmas.

Posted this earlier in the thread... it started sometime last week. I signed up but never got any confirmation or antyhing else in my email.

You didn't like Undead Nightmare? :O

You didn't like Undead Nightmare? :O

I loved Undead Nightmare, but a lot of people have wanted more expanding the actual RDR universe, not John Marston's bad dreams. There were so many mentions in the game of what drove characters to their various states, like Landon Rickets fleeing the United States for Mexico, John being abandoned by his gang, and so on. It was almost surprising to not see any of that, after the game had set a lot of it up.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Undead Nightmare, but a lot of people have wanted more expanding the actual RDR universe, not John Marston's bad dreams. There were so many mentions in the game of what drove characters to their various states, like Landon Rickets fleeing the United States for Mexico, John being abandoned by his gang, and so on. It was almost surprising to not see any of that, after the game had set a lot of it up.

Sure, some of that stuff could have made for some cool DLC.

Fjordson

A maximum of 5 stars huh? I know GTA IV did not have any military activity but I hope V does.

Absurd as it was, trying to escape the miltary in III, VC and SA was very thrilling.
I think there still could be. There's an actual military base somewhere in the map.

Yeah, that would have been great. I would have loved some sort of prequel DLC like that.

Though I did love Undead Nightmare. It was really out of left field for R* (at least I didn't expect it) and it was amazing in a pulpy sort of way, great humour and whatnot.

Top Bottom