• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

According to Greenskull, a Warzone match gives 1,200 REQ points on average.

Bronze REQ packs cost 1,250 points, Silver REQ packs cost 5,000, and Gold REQ packs cost 10,000.

Thoughts on the point earnings vs. cost here? Assuming these values carry over into the final game, if we want to unlock any of the legendary-rarity stuff (aka the coolest armor and visor colors), we are going to have to grind 8-9 Warzone matches per Gold REQ pack, which only has a chance to reward Legendary things.

Unfortunately we don't know how many REQ points are rewarded for an Arena match but I would assume less since Arena matches are much shorter and less involved than Warzone matches.

Kinda hoping they increase the REQ point rewards, Warzone matches can go up to 30 minutes long and having to play 8 to 9 of them just to get a single Gold REQ pack for the slight possibility of getting that Legendary armor you want seems a bit too grindy. I understand they can't make it too easy to earn enough points for the highest tier of REQ pack but if each of those Warzone matches lasts 30 minutes, you're looking at over 4 hours of play just to get enough points for one Gold pack.

Stinkles pls clarify?

RoKKeR

Yeah I'm pretty sure my Snake emblem is MIA too. Sad stuff.

z36b.jpeg

Glass

Bronze REQ packs cost 1,250 points, Silver REQ packs cost 5,000, and Gold REQ packs cost 10,000.

Thoughts on the point earnings vs. cost here? Assuming these values carry over into the final game, if we want to unlock any of the legendary-rarity stuff (aka the coolest armor and visor colors), we are going to have to grind 8-9 Warzone matches per Gold REQ pack, which only has a chance to reward Legendary things.

Unfortunately we don't know how many REQ points are rewarded for an Arena match but I would assume less since Arena matches are much shorter and less involved than Warzone matches.

Kinda hoping they increase the REQ point rewards, Warzone matches can go up to 30 minutes long and having to play 8 to 9 of them just to get a single Gold REQ pack for the slight possibility of getting that Legendary armor you want seems a bit grindy.

Hopefully the point gain will be higher in the final build.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how it plays out, I'm sure the amount of fine tuning that's gone into the system is huge. You can also sell cards you don't want which is awesome. You don't get that many points, and I assume rarer cards sell for more, but it takes the sting out of getting a bunch of stuff you know you're not interested in.

GXCocI5.png

I need this.

Say what you want about the armor designs but there are some awesome new emblems. They are more like emblem/nameplate hybrids now, and you can recolor them just like you've always been able to, so this Merry Berry could be red, blue, green, purple, anything.

Leyasu

Banned

Kinda hoping they increase the REQ point rewards, Warzone matches can go up to 30 minutes long and having to play 8 to 9 of them just to get a single Gold REQ pack for the slight possibility of getting that Legendary armor you want seems a bit too grindy. I understand they can't make it too easy to earn enough points for the highest tier of REQ pack but if each of those Warzone matches lasts 30 minutes, you're looking at over 4 hours of play just to get enough points for one Gold pack.

Stinkles pls clarify?

That point system seems fine for weapons and shit imo. But for cosmetics, the option to buy should also be available for idiots like me that just want to give their money away for the shiny stuff that they want straight away. I want my Spartan looking dapper day one... My money is ready 343.

Frankie, this is gonna drive me crazy plz fix.
ebcb5772ccac4801418e078042a9589d.png

Also please tell me if I search arena with 2, that ill match other to2/to1's.

Say what you want about the armor designs but there are some awesome new emblems. They are more like emblem/nameplate hybrids now, and you can recolor them just like you've always been able to, so this Merry Berry could be red, blue, green, purple, anything.

No background tho :/

Lastly dedicated servers=return of 4 people being able to watch theater together...right? right??

Raide

That point system seems fine for weapons and shit imo. But for cosmetics, the option to buy should also be available for idiots like me that just want to give their money away for the shiny stuff that they want straight away. I want my Spartan looking dapper day one... My money is ready 343.

I think that is the option 343 have in place, which makes some a little annoyed. You either grind through gameplay or buy it earlier.

singhr1

You can also sell the cards you don't want, gaining some REQ points back on your purchase.
Stinkles pls clarify?

You're also going to get REQ packs from commendations and rank-ups. Anyways, yeah you're gonna have to grind and get lucky. With all 3 ways to get cards, who knows it could be reasonable. Getting a "Legendary" or "Mythic" isn't supposed to be easy, they are rare for a reason.

You also can sell your REQ cards that you don't want back to gain some REQ points.

Looks like I'm gonna have to watch Nightfall if I want my Spartan looking like an ODST any time soon, what with Helljumper being a Legendary AND a Mythic-tier item...

blakep267

You're also going to get REQ packs from commendations and rank-ups. Anyways, yeah you're gonna have to grind and get lucky. With all 3 ways to get cards, who knows it could be reasonable. Getting a "Legendary" or "Mythic" isn't supposed to be easy, they are rare for a reason.

You also can sell your REQ cards that you don't want back to gain some REQ points.
Yeah. Like your not supposed to get the super rare weapons and armor for just doing 1 match. That would make it somewhat meaningless.

People could play for a month and have everything unlocked of that we're the case. Just like with PVZ, getting a Canada tee pack takes like a lot of matches

Looking at war zone...

Running forever to get into fights, enemies with health bars? I dunno about this. I'll try it out at the least.

It's not like that... You can spawn in the middle of action or you can take a team to go and kill the NPCs to get extra points. It's a give and take though as by trying to take the NPCs you expose your bases to be captured.

Leyasu

Banned
I think that is the option 343 have in place, which makes some a little annoyed. You either grind through gameplay or buy it earlier.

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully they will reveal how it works exactly soon

I hope so. I dont really want to grind for the cosmetic stuff that I was in all honesty. I don't see why people should be annoyed by options either... Each to own I guess.

@ Ricky Riccardo. They do look good. The light rifle in the beta was pretty damn good. I have switched to the light rifle in halo 4 and am enjoying it quite alot.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I've finally decided to buy an XBOX One just to get ready for Halo 5 (buying the MCC bundle and pre-ordering ROTR with it) after seeing the titles for it and at a good price. Halo 5 here I come!

Stinkles pls clarify?

You can also get Boosts which net you extra REQ points for doing different things, like winning, assists, AI kills, etc.

LtOrange

Has anyone purchased the new Halo Mega Bloks off of Amazon? I want to pick up one, but can't tell if they come with the req packs. I need those req packs.

Ape

Banned
Well, I've finally decided to buy an XBOX One just to get ready for Halo 5 (buying the MCC bundle and pre-ordering ROTR with it) after seeing the titles for it and at a good price. Halo 5 here I come!

you might want to do the GS trade in for a new controller, the lunar white is great or you could get a Halo 5 one. The halo controllers come with Req packs

Glass

There's a lot of white decals on top of the armour, which I presume is there by default. I kinda wish it was off at the start, and was another layer of customisability you could add to your spartan. And you have things like the number 8 you see on some shoulders which seems a bit random unless its something you can customise.

Milennia

I really warmed up to titanfalls attrition mode as time went on, I'm doing the same with H5's warzone.

I'm going to be playing a ton of this.

Trup1aya

Stinkles pls clarify?

I'm perfectly fine with it, honestly...

It seems like a decent player can hold his own with normal weapons against anything else Warzone has to offer. I don't care if you've got a legendary sniper, my normal sniper will drop you all the same...

As long as the matchmaking takes into consideration the amount and types of cards everyone has, this issue because even less important

Dynasty8

Welcome to the club. It's an amazing system with a great library of games.

Arrow of Time : There's no going back. Advanced Sniper Rifle with extended magazine and heavy-duty cyberlink that prevents descope. Unfortunately, the weapon does have extra recoil to compensate for.

200_s.gif

I know it's only for Warzone, but ugh, some of these weapons are really turning me off from Warzone in fear of it just being a clusterfuck of who has the most OP cards.

Bsigg12

200_s.gif

I know it's only for Warzone, but ugh, some of these weapons are really turning me off from Warzone in fear of it just being a clusterfuck of who has the most OP cards.

Keep in mind, they're one time use though you can as many as you want and they're tied to REQ level and REQ points to call in. That gun is a mid to late game requisition.

matthieuC

Damn 343 is gonna make some serious cash on these req packs. People eat that shit up. They'll make way more than if there were just charging for maps, but I can't blame them for it though. It's completely fine with me if we are getting free maps, and arena is always equal starts so I don't mind the unique weapons and such.

Zeta Oni

200_s.gif

I understand the concern, especially if certain weapons get in the hands of certain players...

However :

-Legendary weapons are rare cards, wont be handed out very often i presume.

-Cant spam the card since deploying powerful cards requires energy, which takes time to accumulate.

-You only have one life with that weapon, one random grenade, one mistimed reload, one misplaced jump and thats that.

I think its pretty fair. We will see.

Sou Da

Hm. Something to think about the future but the skins for the covenant and forerunner don't really seem to match the theme at all.

Look too 'UNSC-y'

Arrow of Time : There's no going back. Advanced Sniper Rifle with extended magazine and heavy-duty cyberlink that prevents descope. Unfortunately, the weapon does have extra recoil to compensate for.

This is just Halo 4 randomness blown up times ten lol.

eh, if it gets us free maps and it stays the fuck out of the competitive gametypes...

200_s.gif

Warzone will matchmake you with people who have similarly unlocked REQ cards, so your team and the enemy team should both have OP cards. It's just who will burn them first :). I also doubt those Legendary cards will be frequent, so it'll cause you to be cautious of when to use them.

Top Bottom