• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

You know what I realy want from Halo 5?

The whole community aspect.

I remember back in Halo 3 you could view a clips or screenshots that were hand picked by Bungie or voted by players. And this was on a DAILY basis

I've always wanted a Community dedicated playlist for great custom games that could be managed by the community via voting on Waypoint.

emblem.ashx

Aww man my stuck emblem is gone. I do like a lot of the new emblems though.
Yin Yang pls

All those Complaining about missing emblems do know they have that they will have over 1000 different emblems. Loads more then where in these builds Also do people think they have shown every weapon and option going to be available at launch?

Euron

Or custom games browser. If any of these appear, Halo 5 will immediately become my GOAT until Halo 6 comes out.
If there's a custom games browser in any future Halo game then I'd be done. I'd never buy another multiplayer game. Nothing could ever compare to a Custom Games Browser in a Halo game.

jediyoshi

I haven't followed past Halo 4. In the new ad, why are they announcing a Spartan death? Don't they specifically not do that?

Prologue

Wonder whats with the lack of custom emblems, a feature that has been in halo since halo 2. Was it ever fixed the MCC collection ?

Leyasu

Banned
Warzone will matchmake you with people who have similarly unlocked REQ cards, so your team and the enemy team should both have OP cards. It's just who will burn them first :). I also doubt those Legendary cards will be frequent, so it'll cause you to be cautious of when to use them.

I'm hoping that that is not the main criteria. C'mon 343, is it not time to start talking about how matchmaking is going to be handled!? I.E server selection...

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I haven't followed past Halo 4. In the new ad, why are they announcing a Spartan death? Don't they specifically not do that?

It's internal policy to never confirm a Spartan as KIA, only MIA to give the illusion that Spartans never die; however, since ONI likely wants the Chief gone (he's not an ONI puppet), they'll gladly confirm his death to push whatever narrative they want.

Aeqvitas

I haven't been this hyped for a halo game since 2 (I enjoyed 2 much more than 3 in every way). I loved the beta, and all the information so far only makes it look like it will be one of the best entries in the series.

Need to get around to actually finishing all the MCC campaigns over the next month...

Madness

All those Complaining about missing emblems do know they have that they will have over 1000 different emblems. Loads more then where in these builds Also do people think they have shown every weapon and option going to be available at launch?

It's not that. It's that we can't edit our own emblems. Can they give me the same shield, two swords with the colors I've had for the past decade plus? What does having more emblems mean if they're not what we want? This is a literal step forward, two steps back if we can't edit or pick and choose our emblem, colors. There's really no reason to cut something so miniscule and yet meaningful for a lot of people.

It's not that. It's that we can't edit our own emblems. Can they give me the same shield, two swords with the colors I've had for the past decade plus? What does having more emblems mean if they're not what we want? This is a literal step forward, two steps back if we can't edit or pick and choose our emblem, colors. There's really no reason to cut something so miniscule and yet meaningful for a lot of people.

I think it's just there for REQ padding. Opening a pack to only get an emblem you don't care about will compel many to try again, perhaps with real money. Also, the new system fuels the bragging system of owning an emblem someone else doesn't. For something so miniscule in the past, it's a relatively safe business move to take advantage of now.

JackHerer

I haven't been this hyped for a halo game since 2 (I enjoyed 2 much more than 3 in every way). I loved the beta, and all the information so far only makes it look like it will be one of the best entries in the series.

Need to get around to actually finishing all the MCC campaigns over the next month...

Me too; on legendary. Especially since that Helioskrill helmet looks like one of the few cool new helmets/armor.

Trup1aya

If theater more was brought back to both campaign and multiplayer (Arena, Warzone, and BTB) then Halo 5 instantly becomes my GotY. I want it that bad. Q_Q

I doubt it'll be there though.

Theatre NEEDS to be their. I'd say they nailed this game if they get this in (split screen doesn't bother me)

So i watched a lot of videos again to make out some of the achievements. Ive already have 120G together.

Campaign Achievements:
10G Conspiracy Theory - Found and claimed one piece of Intel.
10G Gravedigger - Found and claimed a Skull.

Multiplayer Achievements:
30G Top of the Food Chain - Killed a Legendary Boss in Warzone.
10G Go for the Gold - Opened a Gold REQ Pack.
10G Bringing in the Big Guns - Called in a REQ that costs 5 Energy or more
10G Cry Havoc - Completed 3 Matchmade games of Warzone.
20G Off to the Races - Completed 5 matchmade games of Breakout.
20G Valor Recognized - Qualified for a Competitive Skill Rating.

I just noticed that with all the new Arena footage I haven't seen the Prophets Bane anywhere. Are the "Legendary" weapon variants a Warzone only thing now or something?

Trup1aya

I just noticed that with all the new Arena footage I haven't seen the Prophets Bane anywhere. Are the "Legendary" weapon variants a Warzone only thing now or something?

The prophets bane isn't on Truth anymore?

My understanding is that Legendary weapons could show up in Arena as power weapons...

The only legendary weapon we know that is in arena is Prophet's Bane on Truth, there is a possibility the design was scrapped in favor of normal power weapons.
I thought the comics featured the Brutes quite a bit?

Besides, if the 'Covenant' can be back, so can Brutes.
After The Great Schism (aka Halo 2 and Halo 3) the Brutes are effectively shut out of Covenant tech, they might as well fall back to their barbarian roots raging civil wars.

xboxnerd

Banned

We haven't seen any new Truth videos, and I believe most of the maps shown are half-baked. The Rig is clearly not at the final stage IMO, an legendary weapons could appear in final build.

Random17

If 343i can nail the gameplay design in this game, I think they should focus more on getting more features/customization options in the later titles.

Improvements in Forge are nice, but I'd love to see more custom game options, IMPROVED THEATRE etc etc. That's partly why Halo 3 was so amazing; it expanded the toolset and community interaction massively. (Another similarity to Halo 2; this game adds new game play features that alter the formula, while still staying true to it for the most part. Similar to the addition of dual wielding and vehicle hijacking. )

xboxnerd

Banned
If 343i can nail the gameplay design in this game, I think they should focus more on getting more features/customization options in the later titles.

Improvements in Forge are nice, but I'd love to see more custom game options, IMPROVED THEATRE etc etc. That's partly why Halo 3 was so amazing; it expanded the toolset and community interaction massively. (Another similarity to Halo 2; this game adds new game play features that alter the formula, while still staying true to it for the most part. Similar to the addition of dual wielding and vehicle hijacking. )

Totally agree. Communnity is even more important now than Halo 3 days. We really need better tools to share all the cool things happening in game. It will be a shame if campaign theater and a more intuitive sharing mechnism is still not presented when so much freedom is given to try different tactics in SP.

Totally agree. Communnity is even more important now than Halo 3 days. We really need better tools to share all the cool things happening in game. It will be a shame if campaign theater and a more intuitive sharing mechnism is still not presented when so much freedom is given to try different tactics in SP.

It's crazy how massive this game is. What other game launches with this much content? You may get a forge mode and a 6 hour campaign, or 7 multiplayer maps and a zombie mode, but Halo 5 sounds packed with content.

Trup1aya

Man, I can't stop thinking about Warzone... I went from "sound like a neat distraction" to " I need it now". The possibilities are endless... Anytime the MP community needs a shot in the arm, 343i could introduce some new weapon and vehicle variants to keep things interesting.

Just reading this forum got me thinking of Reqs I'd like to see in the future... and the game hasn't even come out yet.

I'd definitely be in favor of support options... Maybe some guns that regenerate teammates shields, puts a barriers. or a way to repair vehicles .

The vehicle and weapon options are freaking endless... I was just happy to see the CE pistol and a BR with a proper scope... And they went and made a mongoose with freaking grenade launchers. What will they think of next?

Man, I can't stop thinking about Warzone... I went from "sound like a neat distraction" to " I need it now". The possibilities are endless... Anytime the MP community needs a shot in the arm, Bungie could introduce some new weapon and vehicle variants to keep things interesting.

Just reading this forum got me thinking of Reqs I'd like to see in the future... and the game hasn't even come out yet.

I'd definitely be in favor of support options... Maybe some guns that regenerate teammates shields, puts a barriers. or a way to repair vehicles .

The vehicle and weapon options are freaking endless... I was just happy to see the CE pistol and a BR with a proper scope... And they went and made a mongoose with freaking grenade launchers. What will they think of next?

I C

Vico

They stated BTB would launch later, so if Forge came later too they probably would have said so already. Also, considering the beta already featured maps on two forge spaces, I'd be surprised if it wasn't ready in some form for launch.

Welfare

I really hope forge makes launch. They have been awfully quiet and it is making me nervous.

You know what, I can wait for forge info. I'd rather get info on what Forge mode is like in the final build and not a months old build because anything in that could've changed from when 343 would've talked about it to launch.

Top Bottom