• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Bsigg12

In some of the descriptions for armor and weapons in the warzone footage it says didact "went missing" so he may not be dead. I will throw my Xbox down an elevator shaft if he's back.

Wait, they killed him off in a book? lol

I should have worded that a little differently
he got composed presumably in issue 10 of Escalation. You can Google that and you'll easily be able to find what I'm talking about.

I sincerely doubt they will kill him, especially in Halo 5. I don't believe that 343i would go out and advertise a significant plot twist like that and then have it actually happen.

The rest of Blue team is definitely on the chopping block though.

Simply because the game is playable entirely on 4 player coop, I can't see them killing anyone from Blue Team or Fireteam Osiris. It would be a really strange thing to try and shift the character someone has been playing as to someone entirely new to maintain the 4 person groups.

CB9RTnzWgAEPi5P.jpg

I'm glad they're moving on from Chief and his weird AI fetish. I'm here to play Halo not watch this introvert reenact scenes out of Her. Good Riddance. Long live Spartan Locke.

Ominym

Banned
Simply because the game is playable entirely on 4 player coop, I can't see them killing anyone from Blue Team or Fireteam Osiris. It would be a really strange thing to try and shift the character someone has been playing as to someone entirely new to maintain the 4 person groups.

Completely fair point, save for the last mission which all bets are off I suppose. But I agree. It'd be silly to establish this whole two team mechanic and then drop it for Halo 6.

Unless all of Blue Team dies that is.

DrBo42

I sincerely doubt they will kill him, especially in Halo 5. I don't believe that 343i would go out and advertise a significant plot twist like that and then have it actually happen.

Oh for sure. Fred is beyond dead.

Munki

Any team member of Blue Team dying would be fuckin stupid.

xboxnerd

Banned
Some thumbnails of the RUL warzone video.

0:20 AR with BR scope
2:57 BR with DMR scope
6:18 Scattershot range
6:24 Pistol skin (unknown ability)
8:35 Rocket turret
9:30 Warthog killingspree
11:32 Gorgeous skybox
12:12 Banshee v.s. phaeton
14:17 BR with promethean mussle
14:50 2nd SAW has explosive ammunition, 3rd with high capacity drum magazine
17:33 2nd binary rifle has additional magazine capacity, 3rd with enhanced anti-armor ability
19:10 Warden Eternal fight (promethean boss)

It could just be that Halo 5 went gold yesterday.

Gears of War did it though.

Okay but really, if Chief dies and doesn't come back in Halo 6 or something, I will eat my left shoe.

Someone mark me down for this and hold me to it.

I really hope Chief doesn't die... Like please don't kill him yet. Get him to the end of this 'saga' and then retire him.

Its incredibly hard to replace an iconic figure and getting the same level of success as before. I cant think of one that did better than the original or even as good. There have been a bunch of Batman's i think, but i can only remember Bruce Wayne.

If they kill him, i fully expect them to bring him back somehow. Id be stunned if he actually died and stayed dead.

Same here. At least no mainline games then. I won't buy shit with Locke being the only protagonist. he can die in a hell together with Palmer

You haven't even played one game with Locke, you've seen a couple cut scenes and Nightfall, play the game before you make broad statements like this.

#TeamChiefThough

I told you guys from the begining.

Chief will die and this game will set up Locke to to be the protagonist in Halo 6.

Mark
V
my words.

I am really interested in the game now that I have a Xbox 1 but the AI for some reason really sticks out to me. Although it seems like it's about on par with Destiny and I am enjoying that so far.

I honestly don't know what I am going to play first. I am not sure on Campaign as it will be 12am EST and I don't want to be tired going through this Campaign (in the past at Midnight launches I would play about 2 hours of Campaign and about 2 hours of Multiplayer). If I decide on Multiplayer, do I choose to start with Arena or Warzone... I am so confused!

I honestly don't know what I am going to play first. I am not sure on Campaign as it will be 12am EST and I don't want to be tired going through this Campaign (in the past at Midnight launches I would play about 2 hours of Campaign and about 2 hours of Multiplayer). If I decide on Multiplayer, do I choose to start with Arena or Warzone... I am so confused!

I will probably play through the first 2 missions and then go to bed. Always tempted to dive into Halo MP but every time I finish the campaign first.

Top Bottom