• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Random17

My guess is it's a Win10 app... Which would be brilliant...

We know forge exists because that's how the breakout maps were created...

I don't know, something tells me that a W10 app is unlikely. They would have to port the engine for Forge to work, yes? Having Forge on Windows 10 might depress sales of the X1 if consumers think there is a real possibility of a port to W10.

I'm expecting a full campaign leak a week or two after the game goes gold. Last time was Mexico right? Maybe France this time?

If i look back for MGSV, i think the winner is the Far East. Or Singapure, or maybe Emirates, Dubai. (MGSV leaked from Emirates i think)

Random17

When review copies goes out soon, I imagine someone will be hungry for those fifteen minutes of internet fame and leak everything.

Someone streamed Halo 4's campaign in its entirety on Twitch last time lol, I don't think I'll be able to help myself if they do the same for Halo 5.

(I can't play until mid November)

Review copies will be out and in the hands of journalists in 3 weeks*, so Forge will be shown before then.

It may be shown sometime this week at EGX. It could be shown as part of October's IGN First (which may be Halo - some of the staff are apparently catching up with 343i this week). Unlikely, though in an ideal world it will be a powerful PC app, and may even be shown at the Microsoft Platforms event on October 6.

*Edit: Under 3 weeks sorry.

Review copies will be out and in the hands of journalists in 3 weeks, so Forge will be shown before then.

It may be shown sometime this week at EGX. It could be shown as part of October's IGN First (which may be Halo - some of the staff are apparently catching up with 343i this week). Unlikely, though in an ideal world it will be a powerful PC app, and may even be shown at the Microsoft Platforms event on October 6.

3 weeks? That's surprisingly late, but I guess Halo is a different beast compared to all other releases so far.

Review copies will be out and in the hands of journalists in 3 weeks, so Forge will be shown before then.

Do you know that for sure with the Review Copys? Because in 3 weeks i will get the game too. On October 24. And thats a retail copy.

NDA as in embargo? Are you allowed to tell us when the embargo lifts?

MS usually have an embargo on most stuff when it comes to a review - they'll let reviewers stream already seen levels most likely, but that's it - most will be prohibited from showing anything else from the game until launch.

EDIT: No date has been set, either way. Yet.

It's not that. It's that we can't edit our own emblems. Can they give me the same shield, two swords with the colors I've had for the past decade plus? What does having more emblems mean if they're not what we want? This is a literal step forward, two steps back if we can't edit or pick and choose our emblem, colors. There's really no reason to cut something so miniscule and yet meaningful for a lot of people.

why waste resources on something that already has alot of options? seriously 1000 of emblem each with like 30+ colors each color with like 7+ styles that's a load of options why would more options be bad? I guess i just dont understand ive never been tied to one emblem or color

Akai__

MS usually have an embargo on most stuff when it comes to a review - they'll let reviewers stream already seen levels most likely, but that's it - most will be prohibited from showing anything else from the game until launch.

EDIT: No date has been set, either way. Yet.

I know that, but thanks. My question was if he was informed about when the embargo will lift. :p

Yeah embargo, sry. :)

I dont know when it ends the embargo, because we dont have review copy yet.

Thanks. Hope to hear from you, if you know more and are allowed to talk about it.

E92 M3

I'm actually getting really hyped to play this campaign. Destiny already takes so much of my time, Halo will categorically topple my life.

I think breackout has no shields.. Or something along those lines.

Reduced shields but not reduced as severe, I think it is one less burst from the BR.
I'm expecting a full campaign leak a week or two after the game goes gold. Last time was Mexico right? Maybe France this time?

Last time it was the manufacturing plant being breached plus the xbox 360 being widely modded, unless that happens again I think we'll see leaks a week ahead of launch tops, and my money is on middle east.

Trup1aya

I don't know, something tells me that a W10 app is unlikely. They would have to port the engine for Forge to work, yes? Having Forge on Windows 10 might depress sales of the X1 if consumers think there is a real possibility of a port to W10.

I doubt it'll depress sales... I mean, there are people who have been holding out for Halo Windows ports since forever... The best they got was a Vista Halo 2 port... Surely most people have learned by now that if the want to PLAY halo they need an Xbox.

But allowing people to access the Halo map editor on their computer, would definately open up some creative possibilities...

If anything it would improve Xbox sales. PC users would get an itch that could only be scratched by having the console...

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SENJV2_XuLM

I just watched the new trailer and it makes me think it's a spoof on ODST's launch commercial. Hilary Clinton also spoke of a veteran who was killed playing EvE Online.

I guess it works. I just didn't get into ODST because of that commercial. I miss the marketing where they had a lot more dramatic events happening. This works, it just feels more like ODST did. The surreal look into how it would look in real life.

H5 looks to be a huge title for XBO. I haven't seen anything new on TV yet, but I rarely watch what's on.

Trup1aya

Is it me or does the MP look really slow and kinda boring? There's just nothing exciting about it besides the 60fps. =

Mostly just you...I find the fire fights pretty exciting, especially since survivability is a thing... Nothing like seeing someone skillfully pull off a reversal...

So, I just learned Carters armor from Halo Reach is apparently in the game, and now I am happy:

mkt4Eem.png

That's a bummer, sounds like BTB won't utilize the high player count.

Zeta Oni

Hmm, forge news next week?

Isn't Microsoft suppose to be unveiling the Surface 4 at an expo next week? (6th I think)

W10 app theory is looking mighty interesting.

JaggedSac

Hmm, forge news next week?

Isn't Microsoft suppose to be unveiling the Surface 4 at an expo next week? (6th I think)

W10 app theory is looking mighty interesting.

That is a devices based event though. I would not think a forge app would make the cut for such a thing.

Top Bottom