• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

CryptiK

Slightly offtopic. I want to catch up on the series, how is the MCC these days just for Single player. Also Should I go in chronological order and start with Reach?

Slightly offtopic. I want to catch up on the series, how is the MCC these days just for Single player. Also Should I go in chronological order and start with Reach?

The campaigns are pretty much solid now, though they were never that rough to being with. The only negatives I can see now are the added loading screens that were not present with the 360 releases, but aside from that the MCC versions are great. As for play order, I think playing in order of release is always the thing most will suggest, it makes for a smoother gameplay ramp, instead of bouncing around from Reach's gameplay to Halo 1's, etc. However, I've done a chronological playthrough and it's a cool, fun experience. The games transition into each other really well from a story point of view.

xboxnerd

Banned

MCC is fine if you don't mind some slight glitches, both SP and MP.
I played over 30 games last weekend, and only one of them has connection problems. Take about 3 minutes to find a game here in Taiwan.

On topic:

Hmm, forge news next week?

Isn't Microsoft suppose to be unveiling the Surface 4 at an expo next week? (6th I think)

W10 app theory is looking mighty interesting.

Also Band 2 and new Lumia flagships.
The possibility of a Universal forge map app just increased
by 0.01%
!

watership

Single player is rock solid. It was never that bad at all, except for a week or so where some were getting a skipped level bug, or some terminals not working. The problem is that the "MCC is broken" was mostly about the multiplayer matchmaking, which led to "MCC is completely broken". Which was never the case.

Stinkles,

Any idea how much the animated Fall of Reach will cost? Its literally the only thing in the limited edition I want besides the game itself of course.

Zeta Oni

That is a devices based event though. I would not think a forge app would make the cut for such a thing.

Yeah but isn't the new initiative to show off the "Windows ecosystem"?
Halo being the face of it all would be perfect.

For example:

-Start playing Halo on Xbox one, create a forge map, then quit.

-Boot up Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, and continue progress where you left off on the xbox.

-Save, boot back up on Xbox, or edit on a desktop with W10, or hell, Windows Phone editing. Forge-n-go.

-New MS Band 2 has speakers that output suicide grunt screeches, giving healthy people everywhere motivation to run and prevent cheap and hilarious death. Also announcing the ability to upload Band 2 to Forge, so checking your spartans heart rate is just a glance away.

See? "Synergy."

Sai

For the record, all this talk of a Windows 10 app for Forge has been limited to fan speculation, right?

As awesome as that sounds, It's been brought up enough times that I can't help but get excited about the concept when I shouldn't be.

stahp :<

Bsigg12

For the record, all this talk of a Windows 10 app for Forge has been limited to fan speculation, right?

As awesome as that sounds, It's been brought up enough times that I can't help but get excited about the concept when I shouldn't be.

It's all just speculation. It has been vaguely hinted that Forge requires you to be connected online though and with all (campaign coop, customs and obviously arena/warzone) of Halo 5 running on dedicated servers that makes sense.

Sai

I'm sure people have talked about it here, but what's the general concensus on that tweet from Chief's voice actor?
He's either playing along with the advert from Sunday, or talking about Halo 5's production wrapping up—or at least his part in it.

Raide

For example:

-Boot up Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10, and continue progress where you left off on the xbox.

-Save, boot back up on Xbox, or edit on a desktop with W10, or hell, Windows Phone editing. Forge-n-go.

-New MS Band 2 has speakers that output suicide grunt screeches, giving healthy people everywhere motivation to run and prevent cheap and hilarious death. Also announcing the ability to upload Band 2 to Forge, so checking your spartans heart rate is just a glance away.

See? "Synergy."

Would love to see that be a thing. Having the PC tools to make the maps and just upload to Xbox One Test Servers or something like that. The jump in and out as you wish is really not all that big now. I would rather take time to upload, test and then fix issues if I had some nice tools to play with. The trade-off is fine with me, as it would probably be for many other Forge fans.

Would love to see that be a thing. Having the PC tools to make the maps and just upload to Xbox One Test Servers or something like that. The jump in and out as you wish is really not all that big now. I would rather take time to upload, test and then fix issues if I had some nice tools to play with. The trade-off is fine with me, as it would probably be for many other Forge fans.

Thinking about how they pushed the minecraft win10 version so it can be picked up and played on any window 10 device, why not have forge do the same?

What if Mojang helped 343i with Forge and the creation tools?

What if Forge is an app like halo channel - but you gotta have any Halo game in order to download it (lol)

i only played forge a handful of times. the map editor in sc is the one i played a lot with. that was always fun making 3v3 maps. you know, simple stuff.

xboxnerd

Banned

For example:

See? "Synergy."

You missed the line "with the power of cloud".
I'm serious, imagine if crackdown's cloud engine is used for forge...

Bsigg12

image.php

Other stuff

image.php

This is confusing. I purpose a 1v1 snipers only on Blood Gulch duel to see who keeps their avatar.

xboxnerd

Banned
image.php

image.php

This is confusing. I purpose a 1v1 snipers only on Blood Gulch duel to see who keeps their avatar.

That is not the first time we post in the same time though. If I can use that ultra rare 6-bullets-per-magazine sniper then I will consider the proposition!

So they've said that there will be 6 Warzone maps at launch. So far we have Escape from A.R.C., Raid on Apex 7, and whatever the Snow and City maps they showed were. Any chance of us getting a Bloodgulch/Valhalla Warzone map? I think an absolutely huge version of Bloodgulch with extra caves and caverns would be perfect for Warzone.

Since when is forge considered a MP experience

Maybe because your making multiplayer maps? If all you want to do is mess around with forge on your own and never play it multiplayer that's cool. But a map maker should be built around the fundemental idea that your maps will actually be played.

Bsigg12

Since when is forge considered a MP experience?

Just like the campaign Forge has always been something that could be enjoyed solo...

I don't know. I was just relaying the tweet and reply that asks if multiplayer (including Forge) requires internet.

Isn't the entire point of forge to craft maps for multiplayer?

Maybe because your making multiplayer maps? If all you want to do is mess around with forge on your own and never play it multiplayer that's cool. But a map maker should be built around the fundemental idea that your maps will actually be played.

Forge is more than just maps. There's a lot of weird things that come out of it that have nothing to do with playing multiplayer.

Trup1aya

Isn't the entire point of forge to craft maps for multiplayer?

Yes, you create maps FOR multiplayer... But forge mode itself isn't distinctly multiplayer mode... You can make the maps alone, then play the maps using a multiplayer mode.

But we are talking about the act of using forge... Not what you do AFTER making a map in forge.

But forge itself is not a distinctly a multiplayer experience... The act of making a map works as a solo experience

You make the maps in forge, then you later use them in multiplayer....

It's not like you load multiplayer matches through forge. No you upload the map, leave Forge, and play the map in custom games.

And ofcourse there are plenty of fun things you can do with Forge than have nothing to do with multiplayer at all...

Josh Holmes said:
Josh: Both the Mark IV and Mark V helmets will be available through the REQ system.

Glad there's official confirmation and Mk. IV too! Hope it looks like Halo Wars, have to get the cross game promotion going for Halo Wars 2.

Welfare

Not self promoting, but scored a pretty cool interview with Josh Holmes @ 343.

http://bestgameever.co.uk/2015/09/29/halo-5-guardians-chatting-with-josh-holmes-from-343/

Hopefully some good info in there for you guys. Good things are coming soon!

BGE: Forge. We appreciate it&#8217;s unlikely you&#8217;ll be able to tell us much, as a bigger reveal will be coming as we approach launch via bigger publications than ourselves, but there are many Forge fans waiting nervously in the wings. What can we expect from Forge this time around? Mirror functions for making symmetrical maps? Terrain editing? Multiple texture skins for various pieces? Please tease us with some vague non-information and words here:

Josh: We&#8217;ll be talking about Forge in more detail in the next couple of weeks. When released this will be the biggest evolution in Forge since its inception and we&#8217;re excited to see what community members will be able to create by taking advantage of the new tools. Stay tuned.

:0 We are actually going to get Forge 3.0

Even if it is just pure speculation it seems like an absolute no-brainer for Microsoft and 343i. What better way to show off the content creation abilities of the Surface AND tie it into a tentpole Microsoft brand?

Top Bottom