• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Source

What is with the lack of map reveals? Back before Halo 4 came out we had gotten a walk-through for each map. For Halo 5, we have many maps yet to even be named let alone shown off, and we're less than two weeks from launch. Come on, Stinkles, don't hold out on me like this.

Bsigg12

What is with the lack of map reveals? Back before Halo 4 came out we had gotten a walk-through for each map. For Halo 5, we have many maps yet to even be named let alone shown off, and we're less than two weeks from launch. Come on, Stinkles, don't hold out on me like this.

I fully expect Bravo to have a full video series ready to go next week detailing every map.

Halabane

Can't believe I am will not be playing Halo. Just can't justify a console pretty much for one game (that I would want). So different than last time. I really thought MCC was going to get me to go the xb1 path but that debacle, at the time, pushed me to ps4. No regrets except for right now. Really bums me out.

Can't believe I am will not be playing Halo. Just can't justify a console pretty much for one game (that I would want). So different than last time. I really thought MCC was going to get me to go the xb1 path but that debacle, at the time, pushed me to ps4. No regrets except for right now. Really bums me out.

Don't be bummed out. Halo 5 is only going to get better after launch as they add more maps, modes, and playlists. We'll be here.

The Preload is now available for the game.

If you installed the preload file before today then you need to uninstall then reinstall. All installs before today are only a 100MB placeholder even though it says 46GB in My Games and Apps.

rrc1594

The game isn't going anywhere

Halabane

Don't be bummed out. Halo 5 is only going to get better after launch as they add more maps, modes, and playlists. We'll be here.

Txs. Don't mean to be so depressing. Played all of the others day one and never regretted a second. Its going to be a while but I will get to it. Just have this gut feeling its going to blow past Star Wars and Destiny. Have fun.

TheXbox

I feel your pain. I won't be playing until late December when I finally go home. Might be some good Black Friday deals? I can see MS getting really aggressive with bundles and the like around the holiday, given how much ground they've lost.

Either way they'll make a thousand more Halos after this, so we aren't missing much.

Teemo

Banned
Excited to play this. I was watching the tv short forward unto dawn and was wondering if a halo alien:isolation like game would work? Hiding from zealots or brutes who are over 7 feet tall. Not all levels would be you hiding. Maybe make it as a spiritual sequel to odst where the game is third-person. You start off on Harvest and those levels would bw you hiding from the covenant and later you join the unsc and train to be an odst.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Frank, I'm buying the Console bundle and was wondering if the game download code is separate from the other bonus material codes. I planned on buying another digital copy for another Xbox One anyhow, so if the codes are all separate with the console I could buy the preorder edition on my Xbox and use the bonus codes on my account when I get the console. Please tell me the things.

It's a package within the box with everything in it. Just like a physical game bundle. Just with a code instead of the disc because it shipped before the discs did.

Madness

But is the game code separate from the extra content like armor variant, FoR and Warzone bundle.

It should be. Every time there's ever been a bundle, each piece of separately sold content has its own unique code. For example, when I bought my Sunset bundle, the game was a separate code, and the pre-order weapons and console stuff was separate codes.

So I'm assuming you'll get the game card with the code for the game and another card that has codes for Fall of Reach or the other stuff. I don't think it'll unlock like 6 things with one code.

Sorry, but how do I download the game directly to my xbox from xbox.com on my pc? I have been trying to find it and have looked up this information to no avail. Can someone help me out?

Yep, remote download, because I have already purchased it. I thought it was available for preload already.

Are you using the new dashboard preview? If so, I don't believe you can start remote downloads yet. If not, you may not have your Xbox One set as your Home Xbox. So you will need to go to 'My Games & Apps' then go all the way to the right to 'Ready to Install' and then select Halo 5.

Are you using the new dashboard preview? If so, I don't believe you can start remote downloads yet. If not, you may not have your Xbox One set as your Home Xbox. So you will need to go to 'My Games & Apps' then go all the way to the right to 'Ready to Install' and then select Halo 5.

Oh, I still have the old dashboard. My friend's xbox is actually set as the home xbox, and I want to remotely download to his xbox as a surprise.

Madness

Sounds like an ARG to me. I'll start a new thread

Remember to tag (Spoilers) like the other ten threads though. For all we know, Sarge is alive in deep space protected by some kind of bubble and Chief needs a ship. Maybe that's why he's searching all over space for something.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Well, the first line is "there once was a Sarge from Chicago," so probably something about Johnson's Johnson.

Literally:

script

HALO 6: THE ENGARDENATING SCRIPT (top secret)

Master Chief stared into the water. It glittered and shimmered in the soft morning sun of Zeta Halo’s artificial fusion star. His reflection seemed to stare back at him, mockingly.

“You’re a pretty cool guy. You shot aleins and doesn’t afraid of anything.”

Chief nodded sagely at his own reflected internal wisdom. He had always known he was a pretty cool guy. Sure he’d shot numerous aleins,and he didn’t afraid of anything, but he also knew there had to be more to this existence than the endless being cool, shotting aleins and doesn’t afraiding of anything.

At that moment he knew. Sgt. Johnson might have survived. He could be stuck in space, on some radioactive rubble, clinging to the last vestiges of life, several years after being blown to smithereens. Chief resolved: “I need a ship.”

He thought of an old limerick that perfectly captured this mood of ennui and zeitgesityness:

There once was a Sarge from Chicago
Who searched for hotels on Trivago
Because nothing else rhymed
And the cadence was timed
We were forced to go twice with Chicago

Just then, news came in over the space radio that Arena mode would now be mandated to include Plasma pistols only as starting weapons and that grenades had been banned from the simulation. This was being done, the UNSC said, because BK’s we sh****ng up the lobbies with rocket launchers or something.
Chief knew he would have to get married.

El_Chino

I JUST saw the latest episode of Agents of Shield and I find it hilarious that they portray two people playing Halo 5 on the same TV. I don't care for the whole controversy but that was messed up haha

Top Bottom