• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Nothing, someone just saw the lyrics "no one is gonna take me alive" and thought to themselves "hey, those lyrics kinda go with the plot of the game, nevermind about not going at all with any music in any halo trailer ever".

Like seriously, no disrespect to Muse but they completely ruined that trailer with that song.
Sometimes a change is nice... I had no issue with it.

Halo 5 Launch Day Multiplayer Playlists Revealed

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/13/halo-5-launch-day-matchmaking-playlists-revealed

Big Team battle News

Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo shed more light on what would be done with Big Team Battle once it launches post-release. Speaking to IGN, he first confirmed that, yes, "Big Team Battle will have its own [matchmaking] playlist when it launches." We were speaking about the just-announced launch-day matchmaking playlists for Halo 5, so we asked DelHoyo which of the out-of-the-box maps would be a good fit for Big Team Battle. His answer surprised us: "We’re crafting all new maps that are designed from the ground up to cater to Big Team Battle," DelHoyo announced. "These will include a healthy mix of infantry and vehicular combat that Big Team Battle is known for."

Trup1aya

Halo 5 Launch Day Multiplayer Playlists Revealed

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/10/13/halo-5-launch-day-matchmaking-playlists-revealed

Big Team battle News

Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo shed more light on what would be done with Big Team Battle once it launches post-release. Speaking to IGN, he first confirmed that, yes, "Big Team Battle will have its own [matchmaking] playlist when it launches." We were speaking about the just-announced launch-day matchmaking playlists for Halo 5, so we asked DelHoyo which of the out-of-the-box maps would be a good fit for Big Team Battle. His answer surprised us: "We’re crafting all new maps that are designed from the ground up to cater to Big Team Battle," DelHoyo announced. "These will include a healthy mix of infantry and vehicular combat that Big Team Battle is known for."

Also, Chiefs cracked helmet is a Req if the picture heading that article is anything to go by.

matthieuC

Have we seen Orion or Pegasus?

Ah nvm those are forge maps. Need to see some proper plaza gameplay though. Looks like the best map.

Only way they can get people to play our beloved Objective gametypes is combining them with Slayer. And also putting it at the top of the playlists, big letters, TEAM ARENA.

I guess the playlists could be worse. Are custom games even in? I can't remember it being mentioned by the devs in the past year, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Trup1aya

Okay thanks.

I think warzone should be one playlist since it's the same player count for both modes then.

Nah, because the matches can last up to 30min long... Asking someone to play through a gametype hey don't want, for that long, is asking for a lot of quitters...

Random17

Stolen Gauntlet!!
I know what that is!

... thank you #HUNTtheSIGNAL
I don't. Did you notice the mention of multiple Wardens?

There's also an evac mission
Haha on paper. Good luck with the tank.

Some of them are misdirections. you won't accidentally ruin any plot points, but you will get hints, so darkness is authorized.
You guys were definitely more careful with the names... The conposer reference in Halo 4 gave it away last time.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.

Some of them are misdirections. you won't accidentally ruin any plot points, but you will get hints, so darkness is authorized.

And some of them are silly inside jokes about development. :)

I don't. Did you notice the mention of multiple Wardens?

There's also an evac mission

You guys were definitely more careful with the names... The conposer reference in Halo 4 gave it away last time.

Stolen Gauntlet is the ONI protocol for when/if a Spartan-II goes 'rouge'. The #HUNTtheSIGNAL game was ostensibly pitched as a way to find a weakness to shut down Spartan-II's armor remotely or something.

Wonder if the multiple Wardens is something like how we saw multiple Cortanas?

I like how "the 13th mission" is just referred to as "The 13th mission" whereas most of the others have names.

Random17

Stolen Gauntlet is the ONI protocol for when/if a Spartan-II goes 'rouge'. The #HUNTtheSIGNAL game was ostensibly pitched as a way to find a weakness to shut down Spartan-II's armor remotely or something.

Wonder if the multiple Wardens is something like how we saw multiple Cortanas?

I like how "the 13th mission" is just referred to as "The 13th mission" whereas most of the others have names.
Maybe that's a coop thing? To up the difficulty?

MORTALIS

Difficulty: Near Impossible level or Ninja Gaiden Alma level?

Speaking of The Darkness, you turned me on to them in this or some thread early this morning. I Primed it up on Amazon and had the best morning run in months listening to them. Living Each Day Blind is a masterpiece k?

Steady now, we still got some DLC Forge BTB maps coming. Remember MCC when they added some dumb MP achievements to in those "monthly updates".

Steady now, we still got some DLC Forge BTB maps coming. Remember MCC when they added some dumb MP achievements to in those "monthly updates".
Though they are probably aware we complained about such achievements, also the achievement that requires 4 controllers was one of the original ones I believe, so there were bad achievements from the beginning.

Madness

Achievements aren't too bad. Some forced coop ones, but otherwise seems good. Glad they didn't add any obnoxious multi-player ones like Pitching a tent or something again.

The warzone legendary boss one is good too because it means it will facilitate players to defeat legendary bosses together as opposed to just going around killing other Spartans. I wonder if your entire team gets that one, or just the guy who delivers the final shot?

Some deducing..

If the level names are correct in that list there are:
Osiris [Likely 'Into the Fire' achievement, Mission 1]
Blue Team [Gotta be 'Argent Moon' achievement, Mission 2]
Glassed [Seems like 'Glasslands' achievement, Mission 3]
Unconfirmed [Either 'Roots of the Earth' or 'Stolen Gauntlet' achievement, Mission 4 or 5]
Evacuation [Likely 'Escape' achievement, Mission 6]
Reunion [Likely 'Together Again' achievement, Mission 7]
Swords of Sanghelios [Likely 'Swords' achievement, Mission 8]
Enemy Lines [Could be 'Old Bones' or 'Breakthrough' achievement, Mission 9 or 10]
Battle of Sunaion [Likely 'Civil War' achievement, Mission 12]
"13th Mission" ['Reclamation' achievement, Mission 13 *duhrr*]
The Breaking [Maybe 'A New Dawn'' achievement, Mission 14]
Guardians [Likely 'Sentinals' achievement, Mission 15]

Since there are 15 missions, and that's a list of.. 12.. there are 3 missions with no skill achievements? Just mission complete ones. Wonder if they're short maps (Walk over there, pick that up).

Trup1aya

Sounds like there are some really fun co-op acheivments... I hope there's a way to point out the asshole who used smart-link during the mission...

Madness

With that in mind, Warzone will have join in progress enabled," he said.

*Sigh* the last thing I want to do is be put in one sided matches midway through again, even if it is just a casual mode. Hopefully they still find some wat to penalize quitters, even in Warzone so that teams don't become 12v7 within 5 minutes into a match.

These journos just have to ask whether there is join in progress, have to say ADS/Iron Sights feels modern thereby publicly pressuring devs into doing this stuff.

I'm also curious why, with no vote or veto, ALL MAPS aren't available for all modes. I mean if I'm playing Arena Slayer and cannot vote/veto, add in all the maps, not just 5-6. Meaning why are some Arena maps only in Team Arena, and some only in Slayer etc.

Random17

So mission list with my guess of the order;
1. Osiris
2. Blue team
3. Glassed (likely Blue team)
4.'Unconfirmed' (osiris)
5. Mystery mission (blue team)
6. Evacuation (osiris)
7. Reunion (blue team)
8. Swords of Sanghelios (osiris)
9. Mystery blue team?
10. Enemy Lines (osiris)
11. Mystery blue team?
12. Battle of Suanion (osiris)
13. The 13th mission (blue team)
14. The Breaking (osiris)
15. Guardians (both?)

Trup1aya

*Sigh* the last thing I want to do is be put in one sided matches midway through again, even if it is just a casual mode. Hopefully they still find some wat to penalize quitters, even in Warzone so that teams don't become 12v7 within 5 minutes into a match.

These journos just have to ask whether there is join in progress, have to say ADS/Iron Sights feels modern thereby publicly pressuring devs into doing this stuff.

I'm also curious why, with no vote or veto, ALL MAPS aren't available for all modes. I mean if I'm playing Arena Slayer and cannot vote/veto, add in all the maps, not just 5-6. Meaning why are some Arena maps only in Team Arena, and some only in Slayer etc.

I'm hoping the join in progress is just so that friends can join incomplete teams...

If I start a new matchmaking session, I want to get put into a new game... But if my buddy started a game before I got online, I should be able to join him, if there's space...

What's the bet that MCs actions cause Osiris to facilitate an evacuation?

Non-'in the know' spoilers but if you're going total dark don't read.

Probably that lava planet we saw in the trailer.. in the E3 trailer we see a Guardian popping out of.. a lava planet! Guessing that mission is where Locke & Chief meet up. Not sure which side you'd be playing as though.

After the Guardian starts to do it's thing, I'm guessing Locke would be helping people escape. Probably mission 5 has to do with finding/awakening the Guardian.

Top Bottom