• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Halo 5 Coverage! (expect spoilers)

Bsigg12

I JUST saw the latest episode of Agents of Shield and I find it hilarious that they portray two people playing Halo 5 on the same TV. I don't care for the whole controversy but that was messed up haha

Simon Pegg's character in Mission Impossible Rogue Nation was playing Arena.

Madness

Nothing ever beats that one episode of NBC's Life where they were playing Prince of Persia, they needed to get to a specific level to unlock the hacker secrets within the Xbox, and despite some guys nerd cred of having a star wars costume, he wasn't good enough until one girl is randomly pressing air buttons and they give her a controller and she's magically beating the levels LOL.

So I just got off the phone with EB Games Australia and the Limited Collector's Edition is still slated as arriving on the 27th, not the 20th for a week earlier.

I'm still getting the feeling the call centre staff just have it wrong and are using a call script but it would be nice to receive the package and preload on the 25th or 26th if they can't make the 20th. 60Gb of downloads isn't a small amount of download time in Aus, especially at launch time with all game versions and regions wanting to download.

I couldn't care less about the physical disc so digital download is fine. Can anyone confirm or update the actual Aus delivery date for LCE?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So I just got off the phone with EB Games Australia and the Limited Collector's Edition is still slated as arriving on the 27th, not the 20th for a week earlier.

I'm still getting the feeling the call centre staff just have it wrong and are using a call script but it would be nice to receive the package and preload on the 25th or 26th if they can't make the 20th. 60Gb of downloads isn't a small amount of download time in Aus, especially at launch time with all game versions and regions wanting to download.

I couldn't care less about the physical disc so digital download is fine. Can anyone confirm or update the actual Aus delivery date for LCE?

No idea but this is gaf so it's my duty to point out that everything in Australia is dangerous except the beer. And I will check.

Yeah, I saw that also....

Not as bad as that kid playing Sega Game Gear without a cartridge in Jackie Chan's masterpiece Rumble in the Bronx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlLrx5QNWzM

How about the fact that "the Bronx " is framed by beautiful Canadian mountains?

No idea but this is gaf so it's my duty to point out that everything in Australia is dangerous except the beer. And I will check.

I can confirm midnight launches down under are dangerous. Pimples pop, pants pop and who knows what those midnight tournament controllers have going on :)

As for beer, well even that was reported as dangerous mate:
NekNominate
756684-a6c534e4-7e94-11e3-aa70-9a80df579e56.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/national/heal...alian-medical-association-20140524-zrn9l.html

Thanks for checking it out, most appreciated and I know you don't have to do such things.

El_Chino

How about the fact that "the Bronx " is framed by beautiful Canadian mountains?
Seeing how I grew up in the Bronx,
It's how I met you for the Halo 3 launch in Manhattan
, I always found that movie to be hilarious.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Does anyone know if you can play solo and co-op at the same time (two different saves, one for solo, one for co-op)? I kinda want to play by myself to REALLY take in the story and go at my own pace, but I also want to play with my friends when it comes out.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Does the game go live at 12 EST or PST? I'm trying to decide if I should buy the game directly from my Xbox and pay 60 dollars or pay 50 dollars from Newegg and wait until the morning after to play it.

Madness

Fuck you digital buyers

I have to wait for amazon to deliver it on the 27th. It'll probably be in the late morning or early afternoon :(

Another midnight launch for me. Crazy to think it's almost been one year since I was in line for MCC. Times just flying by. I hate that I have to come home and wait a guaranteed 2-3 hours at least installing the disc, getting the day one patch.

Blues1990

Does anyone know if you can play solo and co-op at the same time (two different saves, one for solo, one for co-op)? I kinda want to play by myself to REALLY take in the story and go at my own pace, but I also want to play with my friends when it comes out.

If I had to guess, it would be similar to how it had worked in past Halo games, where you can't have different saves for Solo & Co-op.

Download is rolling along and should be done by early morning. Yet the wait remains.

The wait is real.

halo-wars-o.gif

Another midnight launch for me. Crazy to think it's almost been one year since I was in line for MCC. Times just flying by. I hate that I have to come home and wait a guaranteed 2-3 hours at least installing the disc, getting the day one patch.
Ouch that sounds worse due to the lack of sleep

LordDarkhaven

Neo Member
I JUST saw the latest episode of Agents of Shield and I find it hilarious that they portray two people playing Halo 5 on the same TV. I don't care for the whole controversy but that was messed up haha

Please they are Agents of Shield, they just had fitz screw with it while he wasn't looking for simmons. I mean they have an invisible plane.

Spasm

The game was also a blast to play. Also, with Halo Wars 2 now being a thing, I want to know what had happened to the UNSC Spirit of Fire (and why the Spartan's are getting their shit wrecked in that teaser trailer).
I would kill for a Spirit of Fire collectible model. That's my favorite SciFi ship ever.

Edit: The HW mission on the outer hull of the SoF is one of the most epic moments in gaming.

Seems late... Hope that's not a bad thing. When was previous Halo embargoes?

Halo 3: September 23, 2007, game launched on September 25, 2007
Halo Reach: September 11, 2010, game launched on September 14, 2010
Halo 4: November 1, 2012, game launched on November 6, 2012

A day early is fine in my books, as long as it is not launch day or later.

Seems a bit late which makes me nervous but I'm guessing they want halo reviews to be front and centre when people go to work Monday morning.

Unrelated question, I'm going on a long flight next weekend and was going to pick up a couple halo relates books for the trip... Any suggestions where to start? I was thinking the fall of Reach sounds the most interesting.

Seems a bit late which makes me nervous but I'm guessing they want halo reviews to be front and centre when people go to work Monday morning.

Unrelated question, I'm going on a long flight next weekend and was going to pick up a couple halo relates books for the trip... Any suggestions where to start? I was thinking the fall of Reach sounds the most interesting.

That's the best place to start, yeah. Either the Nylund books or the Bear ones. Fall of Reach, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx.

Any time when this Streams will start?

I presume it'll be US time based, as UK streamers haven't got codes yet, so I'm gonna be presumptuous and assume none have gone out yet. I'm hoping to get mine later this afternoon/early evening.

I'll post some times/links etc whenever I get told what I can and can't do, and when to some streams going. :)

I presume it'll be US time based, as UK streamers haven't got codes yet, so I'm gonna be presumptuous and assume none have gone out yet. I'm hoping to get mine later this afternoon/early evening.

I'll post some times/links etc whenever I get told what I can and can't do, and when to some streams going. :)

You can try to get a code for me too :p

But anyway, will watch this streams.

Yeah I feel like I've seen enough so I'm going to try my hardest to not watch anything and just read what people think but I'm weak so we will see.

Ledhead

I just noticed something watching some of the videos. Where the hell is iconic blue/green Covenant blood. Grunts and Jackals are just soaking up shotty rounds but there isn't any blood

Erimriv

So the 9 GB patch is just for multiplayer? Im getting the game on disc and won't have unlimited internet access the week of release (I'll be on mobile with data cap), is the patch needed to play the single player campaing? Hope not.

Top Bottom