• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Erigu

Goes without saying, but DO NOT WATCH PREVIEW
I'll second that, but just a remark regarding that preview (as someone who's read the manga and thus doesn't care about spoilers): I can't say I remember thinking "wow, this episode is kinda ugly" even once so far (which I find quite impressive considering how long the new TV series has been running), but next week might buck the trend... Hopefully, they'll find some time to polish the thing before it airs.

Yonafunu

I'll second that, but just a remark regarding that preview (as someone who's read the manga and thus doesn't care about spoilers): I can't say I remember thinking "wow, this episode is kinda ugly" even once so far (which I find quite impressive considering how long the new TV series has been running), but next week might buck the trend... Hopefully, they'll find some time to polish the thing before it airs.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It's strange they chose this episode for the better animation too, especially looking at the previous and next episode.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Was expecting the nonstop thrill ride to continue, but I liked the ep. I have come to just enjoy the show and not worry about "where's the action!?" and all that, since that's not how this show rolls. That and Id probably be irreversibly pissed at the pace, if my mindset was that way. Regardless, awesome stuff.

Togashi. Please. Start writing; if even just for the show. Pleeeeaaaase.

Aizo

Banned
I forgot all about Gyro. So, that's surely a future plot point that Togashi plans to utilize... one day...

You know what would be awesome, and would never happen? If the anime just kept going with Togashi doing new designs and writing. Sigh... I wish.

Blades64

Banned
I liked the episode despite being initially disappointed when I realized what the episode will be about.

I actually felt bad for Welfin and Ikalgo earned mad respect points in my book.

Curious to see where Palm's character is taken from here. I really don't want her to be on the Ants' side...

Soriku

I still remember the Gyro flashback. It seems both he and Welfin had shitty fathers. Also that woman in Welfin's flashback was creepy as hell lol. She looked like a demon seducing his father or some shit.

This was a good episode overall, but the fight with the King keeps getting delayed. Well at least next week's episode looks pretty good. I like
Palm's new getup

shira

Gyro's backstory is Ep 80 if anyone is interested in rewatching.

Tako, tako, tako. Damn the tako gets another entire episode.

Dante316

Hello all. This anime was in my backlog but I finally had a week free. And yes I saw all 122 episodes so far. I really love it. Only in latest episodes, I find the narrator annoying and redundant. Other than that, awesome show.

Blades64

Banned
Hello all. This anime was in my backlog but I finally had a week free. And yes I saw all 122 episodes so far. I really love it. Only in latest episodes, I find the narrator annoying and redundant. Other than that, awesome show.

Episode 123 came out yesterday. New episodes are on Tuesdays. :)

Nibel

Welfin's memories heartbreaking, and I never forgot about Gyro: they spent almost a entire episode talking about him and we still not know for sure which ant he is

And I expect Palm to finish the conflict; seems like she is the new queen or something

upandaway

Welfin's memories heartbreaking, and I never forgot about Gyro: they spent almost a entire episode talking about him and we still not know for sure which ant he is
I don't remember if the anime did it too because they did his episode earlier, but
at the end of it in the manga they say he fully regained his memories as he was reborn, and just walked away. They kind of strongly implied he was never part of the arc as an ant.

It's funny how this anime, out of all the action heavy ones I watch, seem to move the fastest (even with the dialogue heavy scenes).

I get so absorbed into HxH tension and suspense that it feels like the run time is 10 minutes, while other shows with more (physical) action feel like 30-45 min

Love it.

Yonafunu

I don't remember if the anime did it too because they did his episode earlier,
but at the end of it in the manga they say he fully regained his memories as he was reborn, and just walked away. They kind of strongly implied he was never part of the arc as an ant.

Hasn't happened in the anime, but it might, so maybe it's a spoiler.

Yonafunu

I wouldn't say it's a spoiler in the same way I wouldn't say Kite's flashback was a spoiler before it was added in, but spoilered just in case I guess

But it's something that's definitely significant for future developments, right? At least, that's the consensus.

Tomohawk

I watced the first 60 episodes after seeing it get hyped so much and i was kind of disappointed it seems like your standard shonen fare. Does some thing happen or should i stop watching.

Jigolo

I watced the first 60 episodes after seeing it get hyped so much and i was kind of disappointed it seems like your standard shonen fare. Does some thing happen or should i stop watching.

standard shounen fare after the first 60 episodes?

time to stop watching.

Yonafunu

It felt like drgon ball z and one piece with like the tournaments and learning techniques and getting super strong in a day, what would guys say sets it apart, i might not be picking up on something.

That's only on the surface though. And even though it does very cool stuff within the shounen framework, it's still shounen.

Vecks

60 episodes? So you finished Yorkshin?
Just give it up.

But it's something that's definitely significant for future developments, right? At least, that's the consensus.

It could be if Togashi ever decides to grab a pen and paper to draw again, but as of right now it only really serves as backstory/motivation for Welfin and Ikalgo tbh

kirblar

It felt like drgon ball z and one piece with like the tournaments and learning techniques and getting super strong in a day, what would guys say sets it apart, i might not be picking up on something.
It's jumping from Shonen genre to Shonen genre with each arc- but its playing with the formula at the same time (primarily with its love of anticlimaxes.)

Yonafunu

It could be if Togashi ever decides to grab a pen and paper to draw again, but as of right now it only really serves as backstory/motivation for Welfin and Ikalgo tbh

Of course, everything is considering Togashi ever starts up again.

But I apologise making this a manga-thing, so let's go back to the anime.

Jigolo

Is there a way to reach Togashi? Twitter? Email?
I've looked before with no luck. I wish his fans could communicate with him somehow. At this point I just want an answer as to why he does these hiatuses, if he continue with the manta or not is entirely up to him. But I just want to know why and if he's never going to continue he should just announce it already.

LogicStep

I've looked before with no luck. I wish his fans could communicate with him somehow. At this point I just want an answer as to why he does these hiatuses, if he continue with the manta or not is entirely up to him. But I just want to know why and if he's never going to continue he should just announce it already.

I don't understand how someone that produces something that a lot of people care about and enjoy can do so without having a website or some way for your fans to reach you. :\

Daingurse

Episode redeemed Ikalgo a bit in my eyes, dude has an insane pain tolerance. Everything involving Welfin was interesting, dude's far more significance than I thought. I overestimated him though, his encounter with Melereon made him look so fucking fierce. Dude was not the killer I was expecting.

MilkBeard

It's jumping from Shonen genre to Shonen genre with each arc- but its playing with the formula at the same time (primarily with its love of anticlimaxes.)

Yeah, that's one thing I noticed about this show. A lot of the popular Shonen like DBZ, Naruto and Bleach like to drag things out forever. Hunter x Hunter likes to pull the rug out from under you a lot. The writer builds something up, only to be like, 'nah, this is gonna happen instead.' It's actually pretty refreshing after watching those shows.

----
Anyway, I liked this episode. I was initially disappointed because I really wanted to see the good fights, but the situation in this episode was surprisingly tense, and touching. Good character development, and.... Palm!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The writer builds something up, only to be like, 'nah, this is gonna happen instead.'

SrnVsHV.png

As someone who waits before all the episodes in an arc are available to start marathoning, is it known/guessed at how many episodes are left in the current arc? Looked at the wiki just now and my jaw kind of dropped when I noticed the disparity between number of episodes between the last one (17) and the current one (50).

Phatmac

The anime currently has the problem of having too many plot lines going on. I know they need to buy time since they're close to the manga but man has it dragged the show down to a crawl.

Lulubop

The anime currently has the problem of having too many plot lines going on. I know they need to buy time since they're close to the manga but man has it dragged the show down to a crawl.

Huh? It's following the manga pretty faithfully, in fact it's getting stuff out the way now to solely focus on the King and Netero.

This is not filler.

Yonafunu

Huh? It's following the manga pretty faithfully, in fact it's getting stuff out the way now to solely focus on the King and Netero.

This is not filler.

He's not saying it's filler, I think he's just saying that they seem to be stretching everything out to make it longer. I can see where he's coming from.

Jigolo

As someone who waits before all the episodes in an arc are available to start marathoning, is it known/guessed at how many episodes are left in the current arc? Looked at the wiki just now and my jaw kind of dropped when I noticed the disparity between number of episodes between the last one (17) and the current one (50).

Bout 6-8 left. I'm guessing 130 will be the last ep for the CA arc.

Top Bottom