• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

fawaz

Banned
I don't think it's their only shot. They just went in early so as to stop the massacre of the country.
I mean there must be some assassination technique that make is possible to kill someone much stronger than you.
Hell, I don't know why they didn't send in the strongest emitter they had with the invisible lizard guy and have him one shot the king while his gaurd was down. What I know about the hunter x hunter universe so far suggests that such an attack would be impossible to defend from.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think this is their only shot. Netero is barely a match for the King now (that we know of), and just two members of the Royal Guard trounced a team of the world's strongest Hunters (Ging notwithstanding, I believe.)

Imagine how much stronger they'd be after chowing down on five million humans.

upandaway

I think this is their only shot. Netero is barely a match for the King now (that we know of), and just two members of the Royal Guard trounced a team of the world's strongest Hunters (Ging notwithstanding, I believe.)

Imagine how much stronger they'd be after chowing down on five million humans.
Man that's still crazy to me about the King's ability. His aura consumption ability is broken as hell.

shira

I don't think it's their only shot. They just went in early so as to stop the massacre of the country.
I mean there must be some assassination technique that make is possible to kill someone much stronger than you.
Hell, I don't know why they didn't send in the strongest emitter they had with the invisible lizard guy and have him one shot the king while his gaurd was down. What I know about the hunter x hunter universe so far suggests that such an attack would be impossible to defend from.
I can't see the endgame here.

1. netero kills king
2. King kill netero
3. Gon and Kilua fuse to form Golua, kill king
4. They talk out diplomatic solution
5. Hisoka kills king to save gon

All 5 options seem fair game to me at this point

bronk

Banned
I miss happy Gon, happy music, Leorio and Hisoka!

Dont get me wrong I love all the episodes just lately its felt way serious.

I wonder if Leorio has learned Nen yet?

Soriku

This is their best shot as the RG is separated. Also the King was willing to comply in going somewhere else.

Even if they brought in a super strong Emitter, it may not be enough. Netero already landed a direct hit on the King but it barely scratched him.

I miss happy Gon, happy music, Leorio and Hisoka!

Dont get me wrong I love all the episodes just lately its felt way serious.

I wonder if Leorio has learned Nen yet?

IIRC didn't he know Nen at Yorknew? He just didn't form an ability yet.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I really hope Togashi doesn't die anytime soon. I'll be really depressed if this series doesn't end like the creator intended.

DAMMIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT>

Jigolo

1. netero kills king
2. King kill netero

lol

this is neogaf where we believe

believe in netero

1. netero kills king
2. King kill netero

I like all of these, hehe.

What if:

Youpi turns traitor for whatever weird, new found, honor reason, while flying out to the desert and helps kill the King.

Or the the Spider troupe shows up again, say the team that killed the ants in that cave report back what they saw, and they realize it's a threat, and come back, but Hisoka catches wind of it and hears Gon is out there and must save him.

bronk

Banned
This is their best shot as the RG is separated. Also the King was willing to comply in going somewhere else.

Even if they brought in a super strong Emitter, it may not be enough. Netero already landed a direct hit on the King but it barely scratched him.

IIRC didn't he know Nen at Yorknew? He just didn't form an ability yet.
if I remember correctly he knows of it but cant use it and cant see it. Im not 100% though.

Jigolo

o6CJipD.gif

TDwOsbG.gif

WFiaaj1.gif

cyGrF8K.gif

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
His ability is seemingly the perfect storm in that it coincided with his mother's need to feed.

Are we assuming this based off of the fact that he got all multi-hands near the end of the episode or did I miss something somewhere down the line?

upandaway

Are we assuming this based off of the fact that he got all multi-hands near the end of the episode or did I miss something somewhere down the line?
If you're referring to how we know about this ability, it was brought up back when he ate his first nen users (the guards at the palace). The King absorbs the aura of every living thing he eats.

Not the ability though, now that would really be broken.

Looks at Gifs....
Oh shit, that's where they are. I should really catch up but I was unhappy at some of the cuts they made early in this series. The manga got really brutal at radom places.

I've already read it all; I was one of those poor fool living and dying with 10 chapters every 6 months. They will catch up soon and it's been a very long time since I've ever heard about Togashi making more chapters.

upandaway

Looks at Gifs....
Oh shit, that's where they are. I should really catch up but I was unhappy at some of the cuts they made early in this series. The manga got really brutal at radom places.

I've already read it all; I was one of those poor fool living and dying with 10 chapters every 6 months. They will catch up soon and it's been a very long time since I've ever heard about Togashi making more chapters.
If you stopped watching before Yorkshin, you should know that's where things suddenly changed and the anime got as good if not better than the old one. It's been amazing since then and they're doing an especially crazy good job with the ant arc.

Rootbeer

Banned
The figures are all cheaper on Crunchyroll.

Buuut... you pay shipping costs there! And... it's not 2-day shipping. :) When weighing the costs of things... make sure you are considering all costs involved.

BTW, the digital manga volume 32 is out on Kindle now. May not hit the VIZ app till April 4th, not sure.

I can imagine someone breaking the news about the Gon fighting the Ants to Hisoka after everything is over.

Hisoka: What!? Why didn't anyone tell me!?

kirblar

I can imagine someone breaking the news about the Gon fighting the Ants to Hisoka after everything is over.

Hisoka: What!? Why didn't anyone tell me!?
Not sure "risk your life fighting beings exponentially stronger than you for the sake of Humanity" really would have been his thing if asked to participate.

TheChits

Great episode.
Never really liked Welfin, but I felt pretty empathetic towards him here. Palm :(
Goes without saying, but DO NOT WATCH PREVIEW

Lulubop

Seems like they're gonna get some other stuff out the way before they get back to the King and Netero.

Apparently they had there A team animate this episode and the previous one was outsourced

A cast of three characters this episode, one being the narrator.

I was ready to complain about pacing and the fact that I didn't care about these character, but Welfin's backstory and the last few minutes saved the episode for me.

FluxWaveZ

I disagree- he likes being the predator. He likes fighting, but he always picks fights that he's pretty sure he can win.

That's true, but I think the dodgeball incident showed that he's also not a coward who's afraid of a challenge. He also seems relatively arrogant in demeanor, considering how he acted when he faked being part of the Troupe. He might have underestimated the ants from the outset like practically all of the characters did at first and he might have been way willing to participate at the opportunity.

Yonafunu

I was not expecting the episode to be about this, it seems like they're switching stuff around for some reason. Regardless, I enjoyed it.
Ikalgo is such a bro.

The scale of this episode was small and it was entirely unexpected, but that was probably one of the reasons I enjoyed it. I don't know if it will have any implications beyond giving Welfin some backstory.

All I wonder now is what role Palm will play in the coming events and what side she'll take.

Jigolo

That was a hilarious episode. I gained respect for both Welfin and Ikalgo with that one.

Also, was that palm? That is a strange ass power

upandaway

Suddenly,
Gyro! I wonder how many of you guys even remember his episode, because the anime actually did it earlier than the manga in the arc. It sure comes out of the left field. I was kind of blown away that he's still relevant when Welfin brought him up.

I expected to feel some resistance to the fact the episode didn't continue the last episode, but it was great. Gasped every time those bugs moved haha, looks painful.

Jigolo

Suddenly,
Gyro! I wonder how many of you guys even remember his episode, because the anime actually did it earlier than the manga in the arc. It sure comes out of the left field. I was kind of blown away that he's still relevant when Welfin brought him up.

I expected to feel some resistance to the fact the episode didn't continue the last episode, but it was great. Gasped every time those bugs moved haha, looks painful.

That was disgusting

FluxWaveZ

Ikalgo's face during
his mind invasion was pretty good.

Impressive that the show could make me care about a dude like Welfin.
Wonder what actually happened to Palm. Hopefully she's meaningfully present in the next episode. Really don't want her to have sided with the bad guys.

Top Bottom