• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Philippo

That Killua moment, goddamn.

I love how in this arc him and Gon are exploring emotions more akin to the other (Killua with actual and deep caring of a friend and Gon with pure bloodlust/revenge).
This is real character developement, bravo Togashi.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's not that they trusted Hisoka (hell, they were constantly wary of him). The rule "that if you kill someone in the troupe, you can take their place" doesn't require any trust. The entire scope of this cooperation is that the troupe gets to use your abilities and you get to participate in their activities. That's why Hisoka couldn't try anything by himself, and when you think about it, he didn't even help Kurapika that critically, he just hitched a ride on it to get to Chrollo.

And I dunno, the instant impression I got from Illumi is that he's crazy powerful, hanging out with Hisoka so much. Plus Chrollo knows him personally, and you forget that Chrollo hired Maha and Kalluto with Illumi too.

The brother I was referencing was Kalluto, lol. He's in the Phantom Troupe. Lord help him if Kurapika ever starts his rampage again, Illumi and Killua will be forced into it to protect him.

upandaway

The brother I was referencing was Kalluto, lol. He's in the Phantom Troupe. Lord help him if Kurapika ever starts his rampage again, Illumi and Killua will be forced into it to protect him.
Ooh. I have to wonder how he got into the troupe to begin with, i.e. how he convinced them. Maybe he showed them his ability but that seems crazy.

Einhander

More like the whole damn family. God help his soul if Maha and Zeno get involved. :p

I don't believe Kurapika would target Kalluto, though. I'm sure he understands that he wasn't involved in the massacre.

Philippo

Just read the special chapter about Kurapika childhood.
Nothing special, i would have liked to see his reaction to the Kurta massacre.
Still, i like how while being in the category of "imma going berserk watch me going op" the Scarlet Eyes put the emphasis on the emotional side, rather than on the power up itself, opposite to most mangas.

upandaway

For all the current anime watchers: at this point there are definitely no spoilers in the Kurapika special, just saying it flat out because the chapter did come out later than that.

Soriku

Yeah, in my eyes, that chapter kind of justifies Kurapika's desire for revenge. The Troupe did some fucked up shit and Togashi is an ass for ignoring that plot thread for years. At least Feitan deserves a particularly painful death since you can kind of infer the sick fuck was getting off on what he was doing.

One day when the plot thread is revisited, I hope it doesn't end with "revenge isn't the answer!!!" like some other Shonen.

Daingurse

Great episode, enjoyed the shit outta of it. Ever since watching last week's preview, I wanted to know what Palm was about, and she did not dissapoint. I wanted to see other shit Enhancer's could do, and she showed off some of that potential. That ability was extremely deadly and synergistic. Palm could simply put ALL of her aura behind each of her strikes. Completely devastating.

Also, damn Killua giving me the feels. Thought he was simply acting, and he probably was at first, but damn . . . The dam in his heart simply burst. Fuck, these kids ARE still kids, regardless of their power level a person can only suffer so much trauma.

If Gon encountered Palm first . . . I think he'd have gone straight up catatonic, or completely mad with rage.

Popnbake

Ooh. I have to wonder how he got into the troupe to begin with, i.e. how he convinced them. Maybe he showed them his ability but that seems crazy.

Paper nen is too op.

P.S. Fuck Pouf.

Who needs a cat or...whatever the hell Youpi is when you got this?

tumblr_mzrubmkPIc1rrv2z0o2_400.gif

Pouf knows what's best for the King. :D

I always find it interesting that while Pouf looked the most human of the guards he was the least human in actions it was a nice lil subversion.

I always find it interesting that while Pouf looked the most human of the guards he was the least human in actions it was a nice lil subversion.

I think his degree of suspicion, romanticism, and rigid idealism/loyalty arguably make him the most human in character compared to the other ants. It's fun because these things, especially the latter two, often give people enough strength of conviction to really excel at being morally abhorrent (I'm thinking like Kurtz from Heart of Darkness, for example).

FluxWaveZ

I think his degree of suspicion, romanticism, and rigid idealism/loyalty arguably make him the most human in character compared to the other ants.

I guess there's that, but there's also the fact that the other members of the royal guard have developed ideologies of their own instead of ensuring that every action of theirs was in service to their king like a robot. They still serve him, of course, but they've actually grown as, uh, ants, instead of Pouf who's been the same throughout the whole ordeal, except now he's more paranoid than ever because he thinks that no one else can truly serve the king except for him.

I guess there's that, but there's also the fact that the other members of the royal guard have developed ideologies of their own instead of ensuring that every action of theirs was in service to their king like a robot. They still serve him, of course, but they've actually grown as, uh, ants, instead of Pouf who's been the same throughout the whole ordeal, except now he's more paranoid than ever because he thinks that no one else can truly serve the king except for him.

That's true, but developing ideologies in these contexts actually seems more 'organic' than 'human', to me.

Popnbake

Like Youpi who decided to let some of the intruders go?

Pouf has some legitimate concerns regarding ants developing their own way of thinking.

Look at the amount of other ants who want to become kings themselves.

FluxWaveZ

Like Youpi who decided to let some of the intruders go?

Pouf has some legitimate concerns regarding ants developing their own way of thinking.

Look at the amount of other ants who want to become kings themselves.

Oh, I wasn't arguing that he's wrong by being paranoid about it.

MCD

Well, Pouf did let Morel go as well by taking his pipe instead of finishing him.

Not sure what he was thinking there but I guess he's a lot weaker than the other two.

Wasn't because he split his body into tiny flies? I doubt he is weak. Probably too cautious.

Soriku

Well, Pouf did let Morel go as well by taking his pipe instead of finishing him.

Not sure what he was thinking there but I guess he's a lot weaker than the other two.

Pouf let Morel go because he had more pressing matters (locating the King).

He's a Royal Guard, of course he's strong.

I was taken a back that only 30 minutess passed. I was like what?

Very few shows could pull that off with the different perspectives & actions of characters like this. Pull it off well

Jiraiya

Yeah, in my eyes, that chapter kind of justifies Kurapika's desire for revenge. The Troupe did some fucked up shit and Togashi is an ass for ignoring that plot thread for years. At least Feitan deserves a particularly painful death since you can kind of infer the sick fuck was getting off on what he was doing.

What's this chapter called? The only extra chapters I found were about Kurapika passing the test to leave the village.

Jiraiya

It's at the end of those chapters. The Kurta massacre is only described in text, but it's a damn chilling thing to think about.

Oh that, I was shocked when I read that. One page is about kurapika passing the test and the next is about how everybody gets brutally killed. That's some fucked up shit.

Tuck

Just started watching, like it so far. But err... how do you pronounce the name?

Is it...
Hunter ex Hunter?
Hunter cross Hunter?
Hunter Hunter?

I have no idea.

Mortemis

Banned
Just started watching, like it so far. But err... how do you pronounce the name?

Is it...
Hunter ex Hunter?
Hunter cross Hunter?
Hunter Hunter?

I have no idea.

I just call it Hunter ex Hunter, but I believe it's just hunter hunter, I can't remember where I read that at though so i'm not so sure.

Kyuur

Why are people discussing the contents of a manga chapter that might be adapted and what plot points may or may not be revisited in the anime thread, especially untagged. Please take your conversation to the manga thread where it belongs.

HxH 124

I love how much of a power up Palm got,
at the ant's expense.[/b]. This episode definitely benefited from having the whole episode for this particular scene.

LogicStep

I read the chapters about Kurapika leaving town. But I think I missed something. People are talking about the troupe and Feitan etc but I didn't see any of that in those two chapters.

Philippo

I read the chapters about Kurapika leaving town. But I think I missed something. People are talking about the troupe and Feitan etc but I didn't see any of that in those two chapters.

End of second chapter, the Kurta massacre is described in the text.

MilkBeard

Is it...
Hunter ex Hunter?
Hunter cross Hunter?
Hunter Hunter?

I have no idea.

At first I thought to pronounce it Hunter ex Hunter, but after seeing a lot of the titles of the episodes, they'd be something like 'An x Unexpected x Task.' So then I realized you don't pronounce the x.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm a little late in giving my thoughts on the episode, but I gotta say that it was pretty solid overall. Killua's big moment really did shine through and the voice actor did a very well good job portraying the emotion in my opinion. Felt very sincere and you feel bad for him because he really couldn't do anything to make Gon feel better.

kewlmyc

Been marathoning this series, holy crap this is now my favorite shounen. It's so good, and doesn't rely on stupid powerups to beat overpowered enemies. Nen is starting to get confusing though.

Just got to episode 81 however. Holy shit, the tone shift is pretty damn jarring, even compared to the Phantom Troupe arc (I hope they all die btw). The OP doesn't really seem to fit anymore.

Favorite characters are Hisoka and Killua.

Top Bottom