• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Moongazer

As impressive looking as Netero's ability does, it doesn't seem to be doing jack shit to the King honestly. Pretty cool fight nonetheless.

As impressive looking as Netero's ability does, it doesn't seem to be doing jack shit to the King honestly. Pretty cool fight nonetheless.

Well, watching the last seconds, it seems it made him angrier.

:p

Good episode! Loved the Netero introspection mixed with the fight in the present.

Oh man, were so close to my favorite part with Gon. I seriously can't wait for that part to be animated. Hopefully the animation team do it justice. Anyone who's read the manga knows what i'm talking about.

FluxWaveZ

So right before the invasion started, there was some end-of-episode narration that made it seem like one of the members was going to bite it. Who it seemed it was going to be has alternated throughout this saga, and maybe that narration wasn't actual foreshadowing, but I have this feeling that something bad's gonna happen to Netero.

Well, at least
the King got slapped around a bunch like the bug he is.

Salih

damn beautiful animations. second half was mesmerizing.
only 10 more eps till the end of this arc. from now on shit will be insane.

One of two things:

Either he's buying time (for what, I know not) or

He still has tricks up his sleeve

All Netero has to do is keep it up until he can find that opening. All the power the King has doesn't translate well to reaction speed. It was better than Pitou because he was able to set up some form of a guard, but he still got messed up. And there's no way the King could develop reaction speed to what took Netero 2 years (correct me if I'm wrong). When the royal guard comes, he's screw though.

And Pitou was shook. Gon could probably best her. If Killua was there as a handicap match, she'd be dead. But it's telling that she was actually worried about her King considering she saw the power Netero had.

zero_suit

One of two things:

Either he's buying time (for what, I know not) or

He still has tricks up his sleeve

All Netero has to do is keep it up until he can find that opening. All the power the King has doesn't translate well to reaction speed. It was better than Pitou because he was able to set up some form of a guard, but he still got messed up. And there's no way the King could develop reaction speed to what took Netero 2 years (correct me if I'm wrong). When the royal guard comes, he's screw though.

And Pitou was shook. Gon could probably best her. If Killua was there as a handicap match, she'd be dead. But it's telling that she was actually worried about her King considering she saw the power Netero had.

You overestimate those kids...

Kyuur

You overestimate those kids...

Solo, I would agree it would be an overestimation. On a tag team? I don't know. Killua can keep up with Pitou, and paralyze. Combine that with Gon's pure force, they would have a chance as a team. Given Pitou's combat ability hasn't been fully explored.

Solo, I would agree it would be an overestimation. On a tag team? I don't know. Killua can keep up with Pitou, and paralyze. Combine that with Gon's pure force, they would have a chance as a team. Given Pitou's combat ability hasn't been fully explored.

Have you not see how ridiculous his nen is?

Brutalx2

I mean...Gon own Pitou so badly! they way he look and talk give me the chill every single time!
And what up with the "I am beating your ass off but you're just flying around" thing between Netero and the King ?
May i say that Palm is so much cuter like that ?

Blades64

Banned
Dat second half of the episode tho. Crazy animation! Was really nice. Looks like things are finally starting to get crazy (not saying that the ride wasn't enjoyable tho).

Also, the music was top notch!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Gon also has the handicap of Neferpitou just having spent a lot of energy on healing Komugi.
Her broken arm is definitely a plus to Gon's side too.

This episode!! God, it was so good. The music, the animation, hearing Gon talk multiple sentences for the first time in a month and being a badass while he's at it. Holy shit. Next week I need you in my veins!!

Tuck

Started this show a few days ago, on episode 30.

So good.

A little slow at times, and I hope Gon's stubborn-ness doesn't get him out of every jam he finds himself in.

And now I will slowly back out of this thread before I get myself spoiled.

Daingurse

King's gotta be pissed he couldn't stop those attacks. Good thing he's a fucking tank, nice episode.

Gon is a kid and a kid can't do shit to any of the Royal Guards, let alone King Meruem. But he definitely has the will to fight.

Yep, Gon has never given a fuck, and has always been willing to fight. Hell, at the start of the operation he was ready to take Youpi without hesitation. He would absolutely fight, whether he can win or not.

smurfx

get some go again
anybody still think hisoka would survive 2 seconds against netero? i don't think his bungee ability would be able to absorb an attack from netero. same applies to the phantom troupe.

Daingurse

anybody still think hisoka would survive 2 seconds against netero? i don't think his bungee ability would be able to absorb an attack from netero. same applies to the phantom troupe.

I think Hisoka would get stomped, don't see him lasting longer than 2 seconds. Netero would regulate.

The music in this series really is god tier I especially love Pouf's theme Dat Violin!!

Can't wait for the Gon fight one of my favourite in Mangas

zero_suit

Nah, that's why I chuckle when I remember Hisoka challenging him to a fight at the beginning of the anime/manga.

Soriku

I liked the episode...but man they really dragged the fight out. They rehashed the scene before Netero going in the air for like the third time, and it wasn't even much of a fight. It was just Netero charging up and swatting the King. The King hasn't even exchanged a single blow yet.

Ah well...the fight in proper seems to be starting next week.

Barzul

Whoever does the narration for this show deserves a fucking award. He can stretch out the episodes you don't even notice when it's close to being finished. This episode was God tier. Can't wait to see how the King reacts, also Gon though. He's so freaking confident and sure of his ability. Is he hoarding some special move we haven't seen. Can't wait to see him go ham.

It would take some very specific circumstances for Hisoka to beat Netero. Wouldn't even be a possibility in a head on fight.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Netero is roiding out hard on the King. A mans pride can only take so much punishment.

Something about Gon ain't quite right... I think he needs to kill something to get the poison out :(

jgminto

I don't think I could buy Gon and Killua taking out Pitou at the moment. I could see a situation happening that could make it possible but they didn't power up that much and they certainly aren't at the level Kite was, even when he was handicapped. I doubt they could take out Youpi either. Maybe Pouf, but I don't know how strong he is in direct combat. It seems like his powers are made for control.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The first part of this episode was so tense. The second part flew by so fast that I was so shocked that it was over so soon. I wasn't a fan of them doing a recap of the start of the fight, but after that was over it was pretty much greatness. They're doing a fantastic job with the soundtrack. Loved how the episode ended with Netero's next attack with no narration at the end. Hyped for the next episode as it should be more of the main fight.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think I could buy Gon and Killua taking out Pitou at the moment.

I don't know, I feel like I could buy it. I think they've emphasized across this arc that Gon's rage has truly made him that much more powerful, like when Morel realized he made a mistake when he was about to get killed by him. Like others have mentioned, Pitou's weakened in several ways physically, and she/he/it also seems mentally unstable right now.

Out of all of the people who participated in the invasion, I'd probably rank Gon at the top next to Killua right now (excluding Netero). I think Knuckle was consistently beating Gon before, but the circumstances are different.

LogicStep

I want to believe that nen behaves like ki in dbz. They get angry, they get more powerful, look at Gon's black aura. Can't wait.

SO....

DAT EPISODE

DAT ANIMATION

DAT SOUNDTRACK

MUCH WOW

Holy shit man, godlike.

Philippo

My god, Gon's so out of himself even Pouf's mind tricks won't work.
And i love how Pitou (which has a killer instinct at max level) is so scared of someone who wants to tear him in pieces, even if less powerful than him.

Also, why in this manga every character refecletcs about their lives and their warrior pride in the middle of a battle with time freezing? Such a manly thing.

Blades64

Banned
I know the fight just started and everything, but I was wondering why the King hasn't even done anything yet? My guess was that he was trying to prove his strength by outright stopping Netero's attacks, but it doesn't seem like he can.

Unless the King is just toying around...

LogicStep

I know the fight just started and everything, but I was wondering why the King hasn't even done anything yet? My guess was that he was trying to prove his strength by outright stopping Netero's attacks, but it doesn't seem like he can.

Unless the King is just toying around...

It looked to me like Netero is strong as fuck and all he can manage is to guard. It looked like he was ready to attack at the end.

Top Bottom