• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

smurfx

get some go again
Ging taught him the method, so he probably knew that he would use it in an unwinnable match.

I don't get it either. Why is Kite2 almost completely human? Shouldn't she have ant features other than the eyes.
she has a tail.

TheChits

o_O

You can find the rest here

Some amazing stuff in there.
Bwh6OzqCMAANtM9.jpg

Jigolo

I figure we should do this considering the show is ending in 2 days and we haven't done one of these yet? I'll tally to see which episode was voted the favorite among the HxH-GAF community. Lets make this a tribute for the show ending.

Rules: 5 episodes only. Brief description as to why you chose the episode

I'll start!

Hunter x Hunter 126 - Zero X And X Rose
This episode is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. It's rare when something can mold together so perfectly to create a masterpiece. The action, plot, dialogue, surprises, music, animation. All of it was perfect.

It was the first time we got to see the King fight against a nen user who was known for being the best in the world at one point. Hell the hype got to me and although the fight was pretty one sided (to my surprise) it didn't stop it from being a great one. In retrospect the fight represented Ants vs. Humanity. And although the Ant was the strongest being in the world, he lacked one thing, experience. The ultimate being knew nothing of what human beings were truly capable of, and he had to learn this the hard way. Boom

Hunter x Hunter 111 - Charge X And X Recovery
The plan is set into motion.

We the viewers were waiting for this moment for so long. So long but the wait was worth it. This kind of signified the beginning. There was almost no altercation between the enemy and the heroes before this moment and this was the episode that finally started it all. We get a glimpse of a legendary nen user who was almost portrayed as if he were a god in this episode

Hunter x Hunter 135 - This Person X And X This Moment
:'( Well this is the end. A very sad episode that made you wonder, what if Chimera Ants and humans were able to live together on the same planet? What if, instead of fighting, Netero would have tried to discuss a different option for the Ants and humans? Would everything have turned out okay? We'll never know.

The episode was very symbolic and deep. What the gungi moves meant and their position. The "light that illuminates all" character is now shrouded in darkness while the blind women finally was able to see the light. Very deep episode. Wish I could find the link where this is explained well.

Hunter x Hunter 85 - Light X And X Dark
Yay, we finally get to see why Gon has such a strong connection with Kite. Only 85 episodes late, lol.

Before this point, the Ants weren't as scary as Kite hyped them up to be but that changed very quickly. The Royal Guard finally shows themselves and Kite's realization that this is worse than originally thought. The beginning of Gon's rage kind of originated here too. It's the first time we see the support show up and I couldn't help but get excited from this. I guess one of the reasons that made this episode to impactful was that the entire fight was off-screen and then Togashi leaves us with that final panel. Its's one of my favorites ever.

Hunter x Hunter 116 - Revenge X And X Recovery
"Nande yo, Nande yo"

Man I freaking loved this episode. I loved that we got to see Gon's emotions in full glory here. Not only was he enraged but he was absolutely confused as hell. The boys were thrown into this situation where the ant was trying to save a human and Zeno didn't help one bit by saying something so cryptic. Killua understood the situation relatively quickly while Gon was a complete mess. This is also the episode where Gon tells Killua basically to fuck off. "This shit doesn't concern you". And actually just recently (episode 147) was when Gon finally apologized to him. Pretty crazy

That's my list. No, I didn't have all my episodes from the Chimera Ant arc on purpose, it just turned out that way. I would've put Gon vs. Hisoka somewhere in there but the fight was split into 2 episodes.

Jigolo your list doesn't have any Yorkshin in it, so it is invalid.

IDK what my top 5 but most are in Yorkshin. Such a good arc, I put just above the Chimera Arc.

I do think the next arc in the manga will top it though. Maybe we can get new episodes in 2016 if Togashi can stay alive.

Moaradin

shit it's hard for me to think of a top 5. There's so many good ones. Every episode on your list would be on mine. I would try to add episode 131 as well.

Man, the Chimera Ant arc had a lot of amazing episodes. From some of the earlier ones, I love the Gon and Hisoka fight as well as the Kurapika vs. Uvogin fight. Also the episode with the phantom troupe going on a rampage and that dodgeball battle in greed island. Too many to count :p

kirblar

Yeah, Kite was either harvested like a Hannibal Lecter victim for tasty treats, or got to survive due to the Nen power hijacking the mass reincarnation that was happening. Or a combo of the two.

demidar

Yeah, Kite was either harvested like a Hannibal Lecter victim for tasty treats, or got to survive due to the Nen power hijacking the mass reincarnation that was happening. Or a combo of the two.

I thought his brain was extracted and fed to the queen while Pitou played with the body/used it as a training dummy.

DSix

Banned
Whelp, that was a total toss. In the end I was perfectly content with the end of the old series/oavs, and should never have bothered with that insufferable ant arc. The touch was long lost and even those few election episodes aren't really worth it.

kirblar

Whelp, that was a total toss. In the end I was perfectly content with the end of the old series/oavs, and should never have bothered with that insufferable ant arc. The touch was long lost.
Did you finish it? The last arc is really short (and awesome.)

DSix

Banned
Really short and not worth going through all that. Bloody hell, the ant arc was larger than everything else combined (or almost).

In my head, the closes Togashi will resume the manga is around July next year. This anime was great, it had its problems (first arcs, pacing in ant arc), but it was all worth it.

TOGASHI!!!!!!!!
7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413

In my head, the closes Togashi will resume the manga is around July next year. This anime was great, it had its problems (first arcs, pacing in ant arc), but it was all worth it.
I thought the pacing on the Ant arc was great myself for the most part. It was probably the most well done in terms of story presentation besides the Kite thing.

Moaradin

I had no issue with the pacing of the Ant arc. Even watching it weekly over a year, I was engaged the entire time. Some people didn't like when they focused on what were minor characters, but I thought it all payed off well by the end and the buildup was worth it.

The next arc is short and sweet if that's your thing.

shira

Oh god last day, last ep. They need to lock this thread for 10 years.

Whoever bumps this thread for no gud reason is a bad person. A very bad person.

shira

I figure we should do this considering the show is ending in 2 days and we haven't done one of these yet? I'll tally to see which episode was voted the favorite among the HxH-GAF community. Lets make this a tribute for the show ending.

Rules: 5 episodes only. Brief description as to why you chose the episode

I'll start!

Hunter x Hunter 126 - Zero X And X Rose
This episode is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. It's rare when something can mold together so perfectly to create a masterpiece. The action, plot, dialogue, surprises, music, animation. All of it was perfect.

It was the first time we got to see the King fight against a nen user who was known for being the best in the world at one point. Hell the hype got to me and although the fight was pretty one sided (to my surprise) it didn't stop it from being a great one. In retrospect the fight represented Ants vs. Humanity. And although the Ant was the strongest being in the world, he lacked one thing, experience. The ultimate being knew nothing of what human beings were truly capable of, and he had to learn this the hard way. Boom

Hunter x Hunter 111 - Charge X And X Recovery
The plan is set into motion.

We the viewers were waiting for this moment for so long. So long but the wait was worth it. This kind of signified the beginning. There was almost no altercation between the enemy and the heroes before this moment and this was the episode that finally started it all. We get a glimpse of a legendary nen user who was almost portrayed as if he were a god in this episode

Hunter x Hunter 135 - This Person X And X This Moment
:'( Well this is the end. A very sad episode that made you wonder, what if Chimera Ants and humans were able to live together on the same planet? What if, instead of fighting, Netero would have tried to discuss a different option for the Ants and humans? Would everything have turned out okay? We'll never know.

The episode was very symbolic and deep. What the gungi moves meant and their position. The "light that illuminates all" character is now shrouded in darkness while the blind women finally was able to see the light. Very deep episode. Wish I could find the link where this is explained well.

Hunter x Hunter 85 - Light X And X Dark
Yay, we finally get to see why Gon has such a strong connection with Kite. Only 85 episodes late, lol.

Before this point, the Ants weren't as scary as Kite hyped them up to be but that changed very quickly. The Royal Guard finally shows themselves and Kite's realization that this is worse than originally thought. The beginning of Gon's rage kind of originated here too. It's the first time we see the support show up and I couldn't help but get excited from this. I guess one of the reasons that made this episode to impactful was that the entire fight was off-screen and then Togashi leaves us with that final panel. Its's one of my favorites ever.

Hunter x Hunter 116 - Revenge X And X Recovery
"Nande yo, Nande yo"

Man I freaking loved this episode. I loved that we got to see Gon's emotions in full glory here. Not only was he enraged but he was absolutely confused as hell. The boys were thrown into this situation where the ant was trying to save a human and Zeno didn't help one bit by saying something so cryptic. Killua understood the situation relatively quickly while Gon was a complete mess. This is also the episode where Gon tells Killua basically to fuck off. "This shit doesn't concern you". And actually just recently (episode 147) was when Gon finally apologized to him. Pretty crazy

That's my list. No, I didn't have all my episodes from the Chimera Ant arc on purpose, it just turned out that way. I would've put Gon vs. Hisoka somewhere in there but the fight was split into 2 episodes.

Didn't see this. I'll have to rewatch them all tonight to make an opinion. But I think the Yorknew ones are prety damn good. The only weak one I can remember where I really didn't give a fuck was the Gon and Kil go to Whale Isalnd an meet Mito-san.

dan2026

I guess that's the end of that.

What a great adaption. I can't believe I have been watching since the first episode aired.

How long has it been...?

Feels like an era is over.

hope togashi comes back soon so we can get some more of this masterpiece

RIP Hunter x Hunter 2011, may you live on forever in our hearts

also thank you to based madhouse for their glorious efforts

FluxWaveZ

Man... it's over. Every show I was watching is going away.

So what was that whole thing with Gotoh?
Did the two butlers decide to hide his death just for Killua's sake?

I see some people in this thread referring to 148 as the end, you guys mean its the end of this arc and a new one will start next week right? Oh man I bet the manga is way ahead of the anime, I can't wait!
:( too bad it had to end

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Sooooo what chapter does the manga pick up from here?

BobLoblaw

Banned
Great ending to a great series. Not even sure if I should pick up the manga now that HxH is on hiatus yet again after like 5-6 chapters.

;_;

No Anime?.... No Manga too?

WHY Togashi.... WHY!!!!!!!

Man the Outer world is amazing I really want to see it Togashi
:(

Well at least I have Toriko's Gourmet World right now....

I see some people in this thread referring to 148 as the end, you guys mean its the end of this arc and a new one will start next week right? Oh man I bet the manga is way ahead of the anime, I can't wait!
:( too bad it had to end

The manga is only 10 or so chapters ahead of where this ended.
Sorta wished the would slip a little DC arc moment at the end.

Big One

Banned
I'm glad they ended it here rather than the introduction of
Beyond Netero
. Great end to this series and a fantastic adaptation. Hope Togashi can hurry up and finish the manga so we can get HxH 2 up in this bitch by Madhouse.

That teaser
was very well done. Even if the HxH manga doesn't get finished, that was a great way of handling everything and wrapping everything up.

Does that mean that the world trees can take us to space????

upandaway

I've already said all I could at this point, but here we are. This anime existing at all is already a miracle, doubly so when it's this good. My favorite episode stays what it always was, the Kurapika vs Uvo fight (or the Uvo massacre before then, somewhere around that point in the story). Although my favorite arc is GI, all others in the top 5 episodes will be from the ant arc for sure.

Ending was pretty much perfect. No manga teasing or anything. Assuming people keep hints out of this thread too, it shouldn't be too hard to accept this as the ending to the story. Even Kurapika's plot thread isn't as open-ended as it could be.

You guys who are going to join us in the manga thread should probably wait until they announce that Togashi's coming back before doing that. It could take anywhere between a few weeks (if he suddenly gets better, considering they were clear that the current hiatus was unexpected) to a few years.

I've already said all I could at this point, but here we are. This anime existing at all is already a miracle, doubly so when it's this good. My favorite episode stays what it always was, the Kurapika vs Uvo fight (or the Uvo massacre before then, somewhere around that point in the story). Although my favorite arc is GI, all others in the top 5 episodes will be from the ant arc for sure.

Ending was pretty much perfect. No manga teasing or anything. Assuming people keep hints out of this thread too, it shouldn't be too hard to accept this as the ending to the story. Even Kurapika's plot thread isn't as open-ended as it could be.

You guys who are going to join us in the manga thread should probably wait until they announce that Togashi's coming back before doing that. It could take anywhere between a few weeks (if he suddenly gets better, considering they were clear that the current hiatus was unexpected) to a few years.

I'm putting money on a Early December return and then a Hiatus 12 weeks later.

Kyuur

Man... it's over. Every show I was watching is going away.

So what was that whole thing with Gotoh?
Did the two butlers decide to hide his death just for Killua's sake?

The one butler under Tsubone didn't know, which is why she was surprised. Someone in the family decided, probably.

I'm a little sad they didn't tease
Beyond Netero.
But they ended it nicely.

FluxWaveZ

The one butler under Tsubone didn't know, which is why she was surprised. Someone in the family decided, probably.

Yeah, though Tsubone put her finger in front of her mouth to tell the other to stay silent about it. I guess the family saying so would be a reason, maybe to not make Killua feel guilty or something.

Top Bottom