• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

"Gon is my dearest friend"
giphy.gif

3281b973c02ec9e1748c18da4d4543a89ab5d1c8.gif

Fucking Illumi practically brain washed Killua.

Daingurse

Yeah that was sweet moment. I fucking love the Gon/Killua relationship. Gon's friendship with Killua has totally shaped him for the better.

Yo Rommet!!!!
tumblr_inline_n3dvewTYST1rigfuk.gif

Yeah that was sweet moment. I fucking love the Gon/Killua relationship. Gon's friendship with Killua has totally shaped him for the better.
Those two have come so far since the beginning and they wouldn't have come that far without each others friendships. Best anime bromance.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It was explained early on that the life cycle of ant kingdoms is to create all males until the king finds a new mate and creates a few queens.

Even ScorpionTIts was a guy.
But she considered herself female and sought out to be a queen

Daingurse

One of the best bromances ever. Their relationship is one of the best things in the series. Seeing their friendship grow was awesome.

Wait so their friendship gets even better than this? Ooh boy, they're just so light hearted with each other.

Those two have come so far since the beginning and they wouldn't have come that far without each others friendships. Best anime bromance.

Haha, I do not lie! And you're not even done son! God, if there was any series I wish I could purge from memory, it would have to be Hunter x Hunter. What I would give to watch this shit again with fresh eyes. That would be a nice Visual Prowess to have lol.

Haha, I do not lie! And you're not even done son! God, if there was any series I wish I could purge from memory, it would have to be Hunter x Hunter. What I would give to watch this shit again with fresh eyes. That would be a nice Visual Prowess to have lol.
This has definitely been worth the time investment. I was always putting this off cause the characters look so different from the YYH art style, but this is done so well.
Morel: "Come at me brah"
Gon *Charges attack*
Morel:
tumblr_nahh7dl6mX1twe13wo1_500.gif

You know...in regards to Zazan, even if Zazan was born a male, in Zazan's head Zazan is definitely a female. Pitou can be a highly androgynous male, but Pitou never tries to play on his/her sexuality so I don't think Pitou has much of a gender identity, Pitou is just simply Pitou, but Zazan? Zazan's a female and highly believes it whether that's what Zazan is or not biologically.
Pike got all of his blood sucked out. I've been enjoying these Phantom Troupe fights. Killua's sister is deadly.
Zazan just fucking ripped off her own fucking tail!!!
258007o.gif

Feitan powered up and got new clothes...
giphy.gif

"Pain Packer, Burnt by the sun" HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!
tumblr_n3g9m01JG81qcga5ro1_500.gif

Feitan enjoyed cooking her just a bit too much. Dat laugh.

Daingurse

Pain Packer is pure hype. I didn't know the scope of Nen abilities could do something like that, at the time. Feitan is a dangerous man. And did you notice that Zazan is basically female Zarbon lol?

Pain Packer is pure hype. I didn't know the scope of Nen abilities could do something like that, at the time. Feitan is a dangerous man. And did you notice that Zazan is basically female Zarbon lol?
Now that you mention it yeah, she was female Zarbon lol. Nen is some hype ass shit. Dude spawned a fucking sun out of fucking thin air.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've been rewatching the old 1999 series and man, it's still great. I love the madhouse version a lot, but the old one is still a treat to watch IMO.

smurfx

get some go again
I've been rewatching the old 1999 series and man, it's still great. I love the madhouse version a lot, but the old one is still a treat to watch IMO.
i still prefer that hisoka. his voice is always what i picture hisoka sounding like when reading the manga.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
i still prefer that hisoka. his voice is always what i picture hisoka sounding like when reading the manga.
I like all versions of Hisoka's voice including the English dub. The old English dub voice for him was great, but the newer one is doing a fantastic job at it IMO.

Also, the OST to the old version is amazing. So many great tracks. I love the harmonica version of Ohayou that plays during certain parts. I love the added filler that fleshes out the side characters and some of the animation still looks beautiful. And let's not forget the fucking best opening of all time:

https://youtu.be/0TRs6cMZkQY

U mean Hail the King?^~^ i want to see how ur opinion on the King change each passing episode lol.
I'm on ep 98, still fuck the king, though honestly now I view him as what does every superior species do to an inferior one? He enslaves, eats and slaughters them, just like we do.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You know...in regards to Zazan, even if Zazan was born a male, in Zazan's head Zazan is definitely a female. Pitou can be a highly androgynous male, but Pitou never tries to play on his/her sexuality so I don't think Pitou has much of a gender identity, Pitou is just simply Pitou, but Zazan? Zazan's a female and highly believes it whether that's what Zazan is or not biologically.
Pike got all of his blood sucked out. I've been enjoying these Phantom Troupe fights. Killua's sister is deadly.
Zazan just fucking ripped off her own fucking tail!!!
258007o.gif

Feitan powered up and got new clothes...
giphy.gif

"Pain Packer, Burnt by the sun" HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!
tumblr_n3g9m01JG81qcga5ro1_500.gif

Feitan enjoyed cooking her just a bit too much. Dat laugh.

The interlude with the Phantom Troupe is one of my favorite parts. Its cool to see how powerful a lot of them are and just why they're part of the troupe. I also really enjoyed seeing what the deal was with Bonolenov and then it turns out he's even weirder than boxing mummy than I expected.

I'm on ep 98, still fuck the king, though honestly now I view him as what does every superior species do to an inferior one? He enslaves, eats and slaughters them, just like we do.

So many things yet yo see for you but that idea of what defines a creature is a big part of the arc.

I kind of thought Bonolenov would be a Dhalsim clone, but I was pleasantly surprised and disgusted at the same time. Phantom Troupe aren't a bunch of worthless jobbers though and for Kurapika to be a threat to them is more of a compliment to his strength against them than anything else. Chimera Ants seem to be deconstructions of what is to be human to me. They have intellect and a sense of individuality on top of the cruel sense of nature that pervades mankind.

HStallion

I kind of thought Bonolenov would be a Dhalsim clone, but I was pleasantly surprised and disgusted at the same time. Phantom Troupe aren't a bunch of worthless jobbers though and for Kurapika to be a threat to them is more of a compliment to his strength against them than anything else. Chimera Ants seem to be deconstructions of what is to be human to me. They have intellect and a sense of individuality on top of the cruel sense of nature that pervades mankind.

Yeah I wasn't expecting him to have a body made into a musical instrument that could throw planets at people. That and Togashi even gives the audience some fan service with the PIke fight.

His anus puckers twice before firing

Yeah I wasn't expecting him to have a body made into a musical instrument that could throw planets at people. That and Togashi even gives the audience some fan service with the PIke fight.

His anus puckers twice before firing
That shit was hilarious too. Pike deserved to get all of his blood sucked out though. Too bad he'll never know the pleasure of Zazan-sama stepping on him. Though it did make me wonder how intelligent Pike even was. Dude didn't even try to plug his wounds with webbing. Fucking Bonolenov threw Jupiter at a bug, talk about over kill.

Fandangox

I didn't like the Spiders vs Ants. The abilities were great, but the whole thing felt so inorganic into the story, I love the chimera ant's arc, but this one of the examples of the arc's bad pacing.

HStallion

I didn't like the Spiders vs Ants. The abilities were great, but the whole thing felt so inorganic into the story, I love the chimera ant's arc, but this one of the examples of the arc's bad pacing.

I found the interlude refreshing myself. Its a needed break from the main storyline and it gave us a couple of great fights.

I thought it was a good way to show the Phantom Troupe going all out on a bunch of people we didn't care about.

smurfx

get some go again
same here. kinda felt like togashi just randomly threw them in just to show them off. i would have preferred seeing other hunters taking down those ants.

Fandangox

I thought it was a good way to show the Phantom Troupe going all out on a bunch of people we didn't care about.

But that's kind of why I don't like it. It'd be a lot better to see them show their powers on an arc they were actually involved in. I liked that not all the Spiders were seen having main fights on York New, but then he kind of just throws everyone, but Nobunaga here just to show their abilities.

Actually though, that's one positive, they showed off everyone except Nobunaga, which is always funny to me because dude never really gets to fight lol

same here. kinda felt like togashi just randomly threw them in just to show them off. i would have preferred seeing other hunters taking down those ants.

This is how I feel. Actually this would have been a very good time to see
That surfer dude that never shows up that is the convenient reason why Morel knew Lion guy could borrow other nen abilities.

HStallion

Most hunters ain't got shit on the Phantom Troupe let alone the Chimera Ants as we can see.

Most hunters ain't got shit on the Phantom Troupe let alone the Chimera Ants as we can see.
It would be hard for me to believe some random hunter could beat some of these Chimera Ants. It seemed like a way to show how powerful the Troupe is as well as kill off the Chimera Ants while at the same time respecting the powers of both parties and supplying some hype fights. Would Zazan's death still be cool if some unnamed dude beat her?

Dark_castle

Man, it would have been fun if Hisoka was listed by Netero to be one of the invaders of the castle in Chimera Ant arc. I just want to see how Hisoka adapts in a difficult, large scale fight, and how he reacts to Gon going insane.

Yeah absolutely the best Hisoka infact I'd say the 1999 version is better up till York Shin

I'd even argue it does York Shin better. I love the Madhouse anime, but the 99 anime killed it when it came to the style of coloring they gave York Shin scenery and all the other touches that gave it the atmosphere it had

Having said all this, I wouldn't disagree with anyone who felt the Madhouse anime does the Hunter Exam arc and Yorkshin arc better than the 99 anime. I love both

I'd even argue it does York Shin better. I love the Madhouse anime, but the 99 anime killed it when it came to the style of coloring they gave York Shin scenery and all the other touches that gave it the atmosphere it had

Having said all this, I wouldn't disagree with anyone who felt the Madhouse anime does the Hunter Exam arc and Yorkshin arc better than the 99 anime. I love both

Hell yeah, 2011 York Shin never gave me the same level of atmosphere that 1999 did. The thing with the modern adaptation (or generally most of modern anime nowadays) is that lines are always clean. Sometimes, the cleanliness is to the detriment of the picture.

Haha my post is poorly worded but yeah what I meant to say was 1999 version of York Shin is better as well, 2011 Greed Island is way better than the ova adaptation though

On todays episode of HxH Killua vs The End with fleas!! The End was a singing hentai octopus all along. This octopus is a squid fan boy lol. Togashi, why the fuck is the creature from the black lagoon a Chimera Ant?!! Motherfucking god damn fucking Nen Fish Darts. Togashi please. You know I'd love for this to happen but the world just ain't ready for a Togashi and Araki collaboration. Motherfucking Killua knows motherfucking official dart rules? Lol this fucking show. This fucking Togashi, this shit's hilarious. Fucking Gon would've never won this shit since he can't do math to save his fucking life. "Fuck you I mastered darts at age six" oh god I love this. Kind of cool seeing Killua beating a guy by not out muscling him, but by using his apparently OP math skills.

Haha my post is poorly worded but yeah what I meant to say was 1999 version of York Shin is better as well, 2011 Greed Island is way better than the ova adaptation though

Oh yeah. Completely agree with you there

On todays episode of HxH Killua vs The End with fleas!! The End was a singing hentai octopus all along. This octopus is a squid fan boy lol. Togashi, why the fuck is the creature from the black lagoon a Chimera Ant?!! Motherfucking god damn fucking Nen Fish Darts. Togashi please. You know I'd love for this to happen but the world just ain't ready for a Togashi and Araki collaboration. Motherfucking Killua knows motherfucking official dart rules? Lol this fucking show. This fucking Togashi, this shit's hilarious. Fucking Gon would've never won this shit since he can't do math to save his fucking life. "Fuck you I mastered darts at age six" oh god I love this. Kind of cool seeing Killua beating a guy by not out muscling him, but by using his apparently OP math skills.

The circuit of fights Killua goes through during these few chapters/episodes is one of my favorite moments in the series

Hell yeah, 2011 York Shin never gave me the same level of atmosphere that 1999 did. The thing with the modern adaptation (or generally most of modern anime nowadays) is that lines are always clean. Sometimes, the cleanliness is to the detriment of the picture.

Exactly, and the images in your post are awesome examples of the strengths the 99 anime has.

Heavens Arena in the 99 series is shit too. Leaving out Kastro getting his shit ruined by Hisoka, and for some reason making the 3 crippled dudes not actually crippled for no real reason.

The interlude with the Phantom Troupe is one of my favorite parts. Its cool to see how powerful a lot of them are and just why they're part of the troupe. I also really enjoyed seeing what the deal was with Bonolenov and then it turns out he's even weirder than boxing mummy than I expected.

I liked it for the fact that
Feitan literally nuking Zazan was some of the hypest shit I've ever seen. Of course, Netero ends up topping it admittedly.

cLOUDo

yep, the "dark" atmosphere is great, specially in the york's arc

and some scenes was top tier
EKdqS6.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m7jxb7phzb1r2z8hto1_500_by_yellowflash1234-d9h73te.gif

tumblr_mapugh1Omx1rdfbk4o1_250.gif

casiopao

Knov your Nen ability wouldn't even make sense in the fucking Dr. Who universe.

He's having a blast losing to a blind kid.

Meruem is the Reinhard of the series lol. He actually wanted to beat all its foes on their maximum potential. Rather than handicapping them.

U will grow to love the king even moar coming soon lol.

Meruem is the Reinhard of the series lol. He actually wanted to beat all its foes on their maximum potential. Rather than handicapping them.

U will grow to love the king even moar coming soon lol.
This kid's actually humanizing him. I like him more now. Morel vs Cheetu is fucking hilarious. "I made a smoke copy of myself as you were reading manga and then covered myself in smoke that looked like grass."

Watching this right now for the first time, I just finished that tower arena arc where nen is introduced, pretty good so far. Is the best about to come or did the show just peak?

This kid's actually humanizing him. I like him more now. Morel vs Cheetu is fucking hilarious. "I made a smoke copy of myself as you were reading manga and then covered myself in smoke that looked like grass."

Cheetu is a dumbass. I love him.

Watching this right now for the first time, I just finished that tower arena arc where nen is introduced, pretty good so far. Is the best about to come or did the show just peak?

Lol did the show just peak? HA! It hasn't even begun to peak.

Top Bottom