• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

He was a great character for me.
He was by far the most human of the Royal Guards, by representing many of the worst aspects of the humanity. And of course, this is the Guard who hates humanity the most! His twisted devotion to the King and mental instability made him a very interesting character to watch.

Pouf was very effective IMO. I really could not stand him in action either, but that definitely felt like the point hahaha.

Pouf is the best one lol. What are u talking here? U don't likey the

Ou.. Ouuuu. Ouuuuuuuuuu ecstasy scream?^^

pouf.gifa3kyo.gif

casiopao

I liked Pitou. Strong as heck and her loyalty to Meruem was legit. What she did toward the end of the arc
When she basically protected Meruem from the dead
was good stuff.

Even after she is dead, her Nen activated once more only to deal more damage to Gon simply based by her loyalty to King.T_T What a great Royal Guard.

Last stupid thing I remember from.Pouf is him getting mad at himself and then rocking out on his fucking violin while he's crying. I'm like "dude dafuq is your fucking problem" he's so annoyingly moe to the point where you doubt his strength. Pitou is the best one, "I nyow understand" she's simple loyal and to the point but she's legit sadistic and scary. Her full cat girl moments are cute, but I still fear her.

Finished episode 41, da heck? we heist now.

This guys are what? Akatsuki wanna be? no problem with that, antagonists need to be really powerful, I hope these guys deliver. Also Hisoka is up to something he's not really one of them he's not fooling me.

Also so many new characters, the simple word of the first arcs have expanded extensively in just a few episodes, off to work now, tonight I'll watch some more, shit is going to hit the fan during that Auction.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

This guys are what? Akatsuki wanna be? no problem with that, antagonists need to be really powerful, I hope these guys deliver. Also Hisoka is up to something he's not really one of them he's not fooling me.

Also so many new characters, the simple word of the first arcs have expanded extensively in just a few episodes, off to work now, tonight I'll watch some more, shit is going to hit the fan during that Auction.

I actually prefer the Phantom Troupe to a lot of bad guy groups that have appeared in other anime/manga. They aren't just a collection of weird looking character designs with super powered abilities. Though some of them are definitely over the top in their abilities but their loyalty and "concern" for one another and their leader is a nice take on things.

When you start making Naruto parallels with Hunter x Hunter, just know that Togashi's take on said theme is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kishimoto's. :)

When you start making Naruto parallels with Hunter x Hunter, just know that Togashi's take on said theme is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kishimoto's. :)
Oh I have no doubt about it, I used the Akatsuki name as a generic "band of bad guys" replacement, I wanted to use Juppongatana but I don't know how many people would have gotten that reference here.

Oh I have no doubt about it, I used the Akatsuki name as a generic "band of bad guys" replacement, I wanted to use Juppongatana but I don't know how many people would have gotten that reference here.
Believe it or not Juppongatana are based on the X-men and yes Aoshi and his squad are way fucking better than the Akatsuki. When it comes to HxH and Naruto Togashi did it first and better, there are so many parallels to HxH and Naruto it's not even funny and you haven't seen OP Phantom Troupe bullshit yet. "PAIN PACKER" remember that phrase just do it, that shit's hype as fucking fuck and I loved every single moment of it.
Akatsuki wishes they could be half as cool as the phantom troupe
Chrollo is a fucking man and doesn't spout off a bunch of emo bullshit like Pain, best squad? Yes best squad.

Believe it or not Juppongatana are based on the X-men and yes Aoshi and his squad are way fucking better than the Akatsuki.
I know bro, don't try to Nobuhiro Watsuki me!

When it comes to HxH and Naruto Togashi did it first and better, there are so many parallels to HxH and Naruto it's not even funny
How did this turn into a HxH vs Naruto, I don't even like Naruto! l watched for a while but never really liked it. Like I said I should have never use "Akatsuki" as a generic "band of bad guys"

and you haven't seen OP Phantom Troupe bullshit yet. "PAIN PACKER" remember that phrase just do it, that shit's hype as fucking fuck and I loved every single moment of it.

Chrollo is a fucking man and doesn't spout off a bunch of emo bullshit like Pain, best squad? Yes best squad.

Holy shit did I come to the wrong neighborhood? Look elsewhere for a Narutard I am definitely not one of them, I am Berserktard thou, I''ll fight you for Berserk's honor XD

I know bro, don't try to Nobuhiro Watsuki me!

How did this turn into a HxH vs Naruto, I don't even like Naruto! l watched for a while but never really liked it. Like I said I should have never use "Akatsuki" as a generic "band of bad guys"

Holy shit did I come to the wrong neighborhood? Look elsewhere for a Narutard I am definitely not one of them, I am Berserktard thou, I''ll fight you for Berserk's honor XD
Oh don't take it personally. There are just so many people that don't know how awesome HxH is. I was one of them a couple of months ago, but HxH is just too good, doesn't help that I've seen one too many Naruto eps and have some serious "fuck Nardo" issues...seriously I'm in both threads...I'll shit on Naruto at the drop of a hat. I fucking love me some Berserk. That art work and character development is just too good. Slann and Farnese are my waifu's and the first Griffith is my husbando and Griffith 2.0 is like forged by Maybelline or some shit.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its too bad Togashi is still in Hiatus mode more often than not as the manga is giving us some awesome developments with the Phantom Troupe. Maybe in a few years there will be enough material for another anime adaptation.

Oh don't take it personally. There are just so many people that don't know how awesome HxH is. I was one of them a couple of months ago, but HxH is just too good, doesn't help that I've seen one too many Naruto eps and have some serious "fuck Nardo" issues...seriously I'm in both threads...I'll shit on Naruto at the drop of a hat. I fucking love me some Berserk. That art work and character development is just too good. Slann and Farnese are my waifu's and the first Griffith is my husbando and Griffith 2.0 is like forged by Maybelline or some shit.

lol, we're cool bro.

I'm stuck at work waiting for tonight so I can watch some more episodes.
So I know Togashi doesn't churn these out often so, Is the anime caught up or should I jump straight into the manga once I caught up with the anime?

Its too bad Togashi is still in Hiatus mode more often than not as the manga is giving us some awesome developments with the Phantom Troupe. Maybe in a few years there will be enough material for another anime adaptation.

And I jumped from Berserk to this to pass the time? lol I have battered wife syndrome.

Edit: so the anime ended at episode 148 I see

http://anime.stackexchange.com/ques...er-does-the-hunter-x-hunter-2011-anime-end-on

lol, we're cool bro.

So I know Togashi doesn't churn these out often so, Is the anime caught up or should I jump straight into the manga once I caught up with the anime?

And I jumped from Berserk to this to pass the time? lol I have battered wife syndrome.
I'm in the same boat as you are, just further ahead. You really haven't even seen how awesome HxH is yet. You're still pretty much at the introduction of the show and Yorknew hasn't even kicked off proper yet. Once the anime is done you can catch up with the manga. At the very least with Berserk it seems to be more regular now. Togashi though, he does what he wants. Oddly enough he recently did a series of interviews with Kishimoto so he's still alive and functional, though I wish he'd just allow his wife to draw the manga if it meant they would get released faster.

Now now lets not insult the Spiders by comparing them to those lame asses

woopWOOP

Would love to see your reactions to the last few chapters/episodes of Naruto now JadedWriter, lol
The anime has ended. It ends at what most people would consider a decent ending point for the series. After that the manga continues with the beginning of a new arc for 20-something chapters, but it's still basically the arc's intro and with the pace chapters are released it'll be a loooong time before that one wraps up.

But you can always read it and be stuck in hiatus hell like the rest of us!

Would love to see your reactions to the last few chapters/episodes of Naruto now JadedWriter, lol

The anime has ended. It ends at what most people would consider a decent ending point for the series. After that the manga continues with the beginning of a new arc for 20-something chapters, but it's still basically the arc's intro and with the pace chapters are released it'll be a loooong time before that one wraps up.

But you can always read it and be stuck in hiatus hell like the rest of us!

As a Berserk fan he should fit right in

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Wannabe? Kishi lifted that from HxH. Same with the Sasukes back story (literally kurapika). And the Chuunin exams (literally the hunter exams). Etc

In fact, if you combine early Kilua and kurapika and make them shitty you have Sasuke. Orochimaru and itachi each borrow different traits from both hisoka and illumi.

Even after she is dead, her Nen activated once more only to deal more damage to Gon simply based by her loyalty to King.T_T What a great Royal Guard.
Yep, it was amazing.

Even as Gon was obliterating her, she was just happy the King didn't have to deal with him. I would have liked to see Meruem vs Adult Gon though lol

remz

Wannabe? Kishi lifted that from HxH. Same with the Sasukes back story (literally kurapika). And the Chuunin exams (literally the hunter exams). Etc

In fact, if you combine early Kilua and kurapika and make them shitty you have Sasuke. Orochimaru and itachi each borrow different traits from both hisoka and illumi.

And a dash of Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho according to an itnerview the other day. Kishi seems to be a huge togashi fanboy.

And a dash of Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho according to an itnerview the other day. Kishi seems to be a huge togashi fanboy.
With like an 8th of the fucking talent.

If you want to go back far enough Chuunin exams is a more expanded copy of the first Genkai training arc from Yu Yu Hakusho. Complete with a run through a haunted forest subplot. Kishi probably wished Togashi banged out chapters of HxH so he could copy a better fucking ending for Naruto. "Togashi sensei...you going to finish Hunter x Hunter anytime soon?"
Togashi: "I'll do it when you're done with Naruto."
Kishi: "Ok sensei...."
tumblr_m7bcmu5Rgc1rv4a09o1_500.gif

I hate what Naruto became as much as the next man but I have to admit Orochimaru in his original incarnation was legit
Orochimaru and Itachi before he got white washed were fucking cool, then they just got overwritten or something. At least when Togashi adds some depth with Meruem he actually becomes a much more likable character. Same can also be said for Sensui. Kishi copied Sensui with Obito. Sensui stayed cool...Obito...ugh "Rin!" Bruh...shut the fuck up.
tumblr_n46gppeitw1sji00bo1_500.gif

Sensui would've never been reduced to this shit.

Orochimaru and Itachi before he got white washed were fucking cool, then they just got overwritten or something. At least when Togashi adds some depth with Meruem he actually becomes a much more likable character. Same can also be said for Sensui. Kishi copied Sensui with Obito. Sensui stayed cool...Obito...ugh "Rin!" Bruh...shut the fuck up.

To be fair Obito was never cool

To be fair Obito was never cool
Just a jack ass wearing a mask, which got reduced to a doofus that couldn't handle getting friendzoned, which got further reduced to some dumb fucking kid that got knocked the fuck out by Might Gai with one hit as a kid...and no Gai doesn't remember one shotting his ass.

Daingurse

I hate Obito. I really do not like him as a villain, at all. He was so much better when he was just some goofy intangible dude.

He was better off being known as "that dude that got crushed by a rock."

Bahahaha! Basically.

Veelk

Banned
Someone remind because I totally forgot.

Why did he infiltrate the organization he was already a part of it and act goofy as shit for so long only to turn all serious once other members were dead and then I think he got goofy again shit i dont' even remember fuck naruto got stupid...

Erigu

Why did he infiltrate the organization he was already a part of it and act goofy as shit for so long only to turn all serious once other members were dead and then I think he got goofy again shit i dont' even remember fuck naruto got stupid...
You might as well ask why he manipulated the Mizukage for a while.

I stopped making sense a long time ago. It's easier to poke fun of it than it is to try to rationalize the actions of the characters in the narrative.

My favorite bit about the Royal Guard is how they each have their own idea of what it means to serve the King

Pitou - Sees Meruem as an individual but also as King, very loyal to Meruem and the Ants but is more accepting of his "changes"

Youpi - Sees Meruem as the King, his leader. Not really willing to put more thought into it, focused on his job as a Guard. A middle ground between Pitou and Pouf

Pouf - Sees Meruem as the Supreme Ruler and The King of Ants, but more as an idea/title than an individual, unaccepting of Komugi's influence.

Pouf is a shitty jackass, but he is a good character. He never really compromises his idea of what he believes Meruem to be, even if he knows he's betraying Meruem the individual. Pitou on the other hand eventually goes along with what Meruem wishes, even though Pitou knows it isn't right for the Ant King to do something like that (i.e.
healing Komugi
).

Youpi just doesn't care what the King does as long as the King is safe and ruling, of course he discovers his own individuality besides it, but it doesn't change his views of the King.

tldr I love the Royal Guard and I love that their singular devotion to one being manifests in such different ways

Veelk

Banned
tldr I love the Royal Guard and I love that their singular devotion to one being manifests in such different ways

I also like how they don't sacrifice independent thought/self respect in view of the king.

When Meruem ripped off his arm, and the Pouf tried to get him to heal up, Meruem gave him a direct order and he defied it with "Look you're either getting your arm back, or your gonna have to kill me" and was going to go through with it. And when Mereum insulted Pitou's ability, she pointed out how her powers could be applied reasonably, gently rebuking the King without actually insulting him back.

They might be devoted to the king, but they aren't his yes men.

Shikamaru is good, but Rock Lee is better. Drunken Fist

Naruto (the series and character) still suck, though.
I honestly think people just give Rock Lee all these props cause of his fight with Gaara, but after that his character didn't get that much development. Shikamaru on the other hand is the best written Naruto character.

casiopao

The real answer is Shikamaru bruh.
My ears hear Pitou-dono, but my eyes see Pitou-chan.

U mean, u hear Zazan-sama, ur brain think it is Zazan-chan and then truth bomb comes, and Zazan is a dono/kun lol.^_^

Yep, it was amazing.

Even as Gon was obliterating her, she was just happy the King didn't have to deal with him. I would have liked to see Meruem vs Adult Gon though lol

Pitou da best.^_^

My favorite bit about the Royal Guard is how they each have their own idea of what it means to serve the King

Pitou - Sees Meruem as an individual but also as King, very loyal to Meruem and the Ants but is more accepting of his "changes"

Youpi - Sees Meruem as the King, his leader. Not really willing to put more thought into it, focused on his job as a Guard. A middle ground between Pitou and Pouf

Pouf - Sees Meruem as the Supreme Ruler and The King of Ants, but more as an idea/title than an individual, unaccepting of Komugi's influence.

Pouf is a shitty jackass, but he is a good character. He never really compromises his idea of what he believes Meruem to be, even if he knows he's betraying Meruem the individual. Pitou on the other hand eventually goes along with what Meruem wishes, even though Pitou knows it isn't right for the Ant King to do something like that (i.e.
healing Komugi
).

Youpi just doesn't care what the King does as long as the King is safe and ruling, of course he discovers his own individuality besides it, but it doesn't change his views of the King.

Sooo....Pitou is Chaos, Youpi is Neutral and Pouf is Law?O_O

Actually, i would even said Pouf is the decent character for the King as he wanted to King to stay powerful and on the top of the chain. While Pitou and Youpi is not really that capable of moving the King's heart away. Only Pouf who stay on his track to make sure that the King don't go astray.

remz

Speaking of Berserk and it's constant comparison to HxH, I'm a Berserk virgin. Where do I start?

At chapter 1!

I honestly think people just give Rock Lee all these props cause of his fight with Gaara, but after that his character didn't get that much development. Shikamaru on the other hand is the best written Naruto character.
Yeah man! Shikamaru was deffs the big boss. Had the best mini arc with those zombie dudes too. Rock Lee still had potential tho, which is why Kishi should do an alt universe buddy cop manga with the two of them working together as partners.

U mean, u hear Zazan-sama, ur brain think it is Zazan-chan and then truth bomb comes, and Zazan is a dono/kun lol.^_^
When it comes to Zazan I'm convinced Zazan believes Zazan's a female. I stated that at least on the last page. Zazan has the gender identity of a female in her head, why else would Zazan say that Zazan wants to be queen?
At chapter 1!

Yeah man! Shikamaru was deffs the big boss. Had the best mini arc with those zombie dudes too. Rock Lee still had potential tho, which is why Kishi should do an alt universe buddy cop manga with the two of them working together as partners.
Shikamaru's brains paired with Rock Lee's brawn would be deadly. The Hidan, Kakazu vs Kakashi and Team 10 is one of the best fucking moments of Shipuuden.

casiopao

When it comes to Zazan I'm convinced Zazan believes Zazan's a female. I stated that at least on the last page. Zazan has the gender identity of a female in her head, why else would Zazan say that Zazan wants to be queen?

I don't think there is a rule for a man not allowed to be a Queen in Chimera Ant society right? What the clan know is the head of the society is Queen. It is not strange for Zazan to focus becoming a queen which had the strongest power in the hierarchy.

I also like how they don't sacrifice independent thought/self respect in view of the king.

When Meruem ripped off his arm, and the Pouf tried to get him to heal up, Meruem gave him a direct order and he defied it with "Look you're either getting your arm back, or your gonna have to kill me" and was going to go through with it. And when Mereum insulted Pitou's ability, she pointed out how her powers could be applied reasonably, gently rebuking the King without actually insulting him back.

They might be devoted to the king, but they aren't his yes men.

Haha. Indeed lol. Pouf and Pitou dare to question the King or even defied him as long as they believe the action they are doing is all simply for the sake of the King.

The only one who don't really had this progression is Youpi lol... as he is just relaxing alone in the stairs.^_^

I don't think there is a rule for a man not allowed to be a Queen in Chimera Ant society right? What the clan know is the head of the society is Queen. It is not strange for Zazan to focus becoming a queen which had the strongest power in the hierarchy.
But the ants are running around trying to be King, not Queen. Zazan was the only one that set out with the ambition to be Queen.

How fucking OP is Killua's fucking grandad? Dude creates a lightning dragon for him and Netero to ride down on and has a meteor shower spell straight out of FFVII.

casiopao

But the ants are running around trying to be King, not Queen. Zazan was the only one that set out with the ambition to be Queen.

Well? Guess Queen sounds better to Zazan lol. I am just following the concept of Chimera Ant lol.

How fucking OP is Killua's fucking grandad? Dude creates a lightning dragon for him and Netero to ride down on and has a meteor shower spell straight out of FFVII.

Less OP than Netero for sure lol. And that is the thing u mentioned lol. Not The Pitou vs Netero?^_^

The narrator explained what Netero did to Pitou, but I still have no clue what the fuck happened. Netero punching, all day, everyday. So Netero learned the 10,000 God Cannon from Mozgus? Shit's going down and Youpi's just chilling out on a set of stairs. Dude's a fucking mall cop.

Top Bottom