• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Moaradin

That episode was so good. That's when shit starts going down. You're so close to episode 116 too. One of the best episodes in the series.

casiopao

The narrator explained what Netero did to Pitou, but I still have no clue what the fuck happened.

It simply explain that from so many moves Pitou can do vs Netero in the split second, Pitou did a bad moves(Like in chess) which is to march head on to Netero rather than going down to protect the King.(Which probably happen because lack of experience and over estimating their own power)\

Edit: And seeing u loss here, i can't comprehend what will happen if there is no narrator lol. Even more people will get loss of wtf happen in that scene.)

Veelk

Banned
The narrator explained what Netero did to Pitou, but I still have no clue what the fuck happened. Netero punching, all day, everyday. So Netero learned the 10,000 God Cannon from Mozgus?

It basically boils down to Netero being the most epic Patty Cake master of all time.

remz

The narrator explained what Netero did to Pitou, but I still have no clue what the fuck happened. Netero punching, all day, everyday. So Netero learned the 10,000 God Cannon from Mozgus?

Netero just punched him so hard and so fast Pitou couldn't do shit about it. I really like how gravity and momentum fucked Pitou over. Dat compressed time scale

Kieli

I remember when Tobi was revealed to be Obito through some sketches like 5 years earlier than his actual reveal, and I lol'd.

casiopao

Netero just punched him so hard and so fast Pitou couldn't do shit about it. I really like how gravity and momentum fucked Pitou over. Dat compressed time scale

Fast punch lol. Not Hard.

And Pitou usage of the Doctor Nen is soo cool lol. He actually utilize the disadvantages of not being able to move from the position into his advantage in their split second lol.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I really liked the episodes once the attack begins. Some of them are weighed down by side characters that I'm not as enamored with but overall I love all the events, back stories and so on we get to see. However the first attack with Netero and Xeno was great, loved Pitou forced her En upwards to find Netero through all the falling bombs only to get slapped miles away.

I really liked the episodes once the attack begins. Some of them are weighed down by side characters that I'm not as enamored with but overall I love all the events, back stories and so on we get to see. However the first attack with Netero and Xeno was great, loved Pitou forced her En upwards to find Netero through all the falling bombs only to get slapped miles away.
Pitou seems like she has so much god damn Nen and she's not stupid either, she has some creative ways to use it. She used Dr. Blythe as an air brake.

I honestly think people just give Rock Lee all these props cause of his fight with Gaara, but after that his character didn't get that much development. Shikamaru on the other hand is the best written Naruto character.

It's a great fight, but I give Rock Lee all of those props because he is the best candidate for Kishi's theme.

And you started the invasion. Oh man, you're going to have so much fun.

It's a great fight, but I give Rock Lee all of those props because he is the best candidate for Kishi's theme.

And you started the invasion. Oh man, you're going to have so much fun.
Yeah he is the best candidate for Kishi's theme, but he wasted that character. Shoot is floating ontop of a disembodied hand. Yo Pouf blow your fucking nose!!!

casiopao

Is it any crazier than Morel vs Leol? Is there more crazy nen fuckery waiting to surprise me? I do admit Nen is probably one of the most interesting battle mechanics along with Stands.

The result is crazier for sure lol.

And invasion arc already huh. All crazy fuckery is coming soon.

casiopao

Rock Lee was definitely wasted because Kishi SUCKS.

Shoot using a hand as a skateboard is always awesome.

Shoot is a chump though.^_^

Kishi wasted so many characters that i don't know what to say lol.

The fact that the seven swordsman and all the other Jinchuriki is forgotten even after being zombified makes me want to cry.

The fact that the seven swordsman and all the other Jinchuriki is forgotten even after being zombified makes me want to cry.
I will admit I'm shocked Togashi can use this many character effectively. So far they all get their time to shine up to a certain extent. If this was Naruto it'd just be Nardo and Sauce beating up everybody.

smurfx

get some go again
I will admit I'm shocked Togashi can use this many character effectively. So far they all get their time to shine up to a certain extent. If this was Naruto it'd just be Nardo and Sauce beating up everybody.
all freaking naruto ever did was get variations of rasengan. everybody was waiting for him to teleport like his dad and he never did.

I'm glad I stopped after the invasion arc. I started back up when Obito was revealed to be bad, but it just got stupid again, especially with the Ten Tails and other stupid stuff. Kishi went into it like a shitty blockbuster. There had to be more. More power. More characters, even if some are risen from the dead. More bullshit.

casiopao

Well, Togashi is quite well versed in balancing each of his character power. Even in Yu Yu Hakusho, Hiei, Kurama and Yusuke is all powerful against each other.(Kuwabara got gohan lol.)

In HxH tx to the concept of Nen, it actually makes even the weak can bet the powerful so it really makes the battle much more balanced. As long as u are smart and creative, even the most joke looking ability can be OP.(Look at Hyskoa.)

I'm glad I stopped after the invasion arc. I started back up when Obito was revealed to be bad, but it just got stupid again, especially with the Ten Tails and other stupid stuff. Kishi went into it like a shitty blockbuster. There had to be more. More power. More characters, even if some are risen from the dead. More bullshit.

I really liked the before time skip event. Sad that after Pain Invasion Arc/Sasuke attack the convention arc, the quality keep dropping.T_T

smurfx

get some go again
Well, Togashi is quite well versed in balancing each of his character power. Even in Yu Yu Hakusho, Hiei, Kurama and Yusuke is all powerful against each other.(Kuwabara got gohan lol.)

In HxH tx to the concept of Nen, it actually makes even the weak can bet the powerful so it really makes the battle much more balanced. As long as u are smart and creative, even the most joke looking ability can be OP.(Look at Hyskoa.)
i get the feeling pariston will end up having one of the most broken abilities. he might be weak physically but his nen ability will be really sinister.

Veelk

Banned
In fairness, I think the things Hisoka does with his nen are reaching beyond what is plausible
particularly in what he does in the latest chapters

casiopao

i get the feeling
pariston
will end up having one of the most broken abilities. he might be weak physically but his nen ability will be really sinister.

C'mon bro spoiler bruh. He haven't reach that act yet lol. But i do agree with u lol.(
Ging one is also one hell of OP though.
)

In fairness, I think the things Hisoka does with his nen are reaching beyond what is plausible
particularly in what he does in the latest chapters

I don't think so lol.
He is only camouflaging himself with new skin and using Nen as his new feet now. It is not something totally impossible from what Nen had show us till now.

Finished 116. God damn I can't believe Killua is the most rational person in the cast besides Leorio. Both Gon and Kurapika sure know how to fly off the handle.

true we've only ever seen him use bungee gum but that doesn't mean it's everything he could do with it. hell texture surprise might even have some other uses we don't know about yet.

This is Hisoka we're talking about. He's really creative when it comes to his nen.

Finished 116. God damn I can't believe Killua is the most rational person in the cast besides Leorio. Both Gon and Kurapika sure know how to fly off the handle.

116 is one of the best episodes in the series and you're going to have another great episode shortly after.

Veelk

Banned
He is only camouflaging himself with new skin and using Nen as his new feet now. It is not something totally impossible from what Nen had show us till now.

It's more than camflague, he's basically created full on automail that instantly healed deadly wounds and returned full functionality to his limbs.

At this point, his bungie gum is basically a 'do anything relating to basic matter' ability if he can do that. They function as nanites now, so he can theoretically build anything out of them.

For me, that ability is a bit harder to swallow. If nothing else, it's certainly no longer a 'joke' ability, it's one of the most blatantly OP nens out there.

That's one of the interesting things about Gon. He has so many qualifies of a typical shonen protagonist, but I doubt you'd see any protagonist act like that. Later (not a major spoiler, but still worth mentioning),
he threatens to murder Komugi, a small, unconcious girl out of sheer spite.
No other shonen protagonist would ever do THAT. Maybe Light Yagami I guess, but he's a special case anyway.

It's more than camflague, he's basically created full on automail that instantly healed deadly wounds and returned full functionality to his limbs.

At this point, his bungie gum is basically a 'do anything relating to basic matter' ability if he can do that. They function as nanites now, so he can theoretically build anything out of them.
For me, that ability is a bit harder to swallow. If nothing else, it's certainly no longer a 'joke' ability, it's one of the most blatantly OP nens out there.

I don't think it healed him, just covered it up. Hisoka no longer has a nose. And his full functioning foot seems to half melt when used to hard so that's going to be a problem

casiopao

Aha. It seems u misunderstood that scene.

The wound never heal at all there. He just camouflaged the wound and then he swing his hand.(Hyskoa had always had huge pain tolerance. Hell, i would even said he love those pain lol.)

the foot part is fully created by Nen. As his Nen is a gum, then his foot is more or less a spring now, so he will be able to move faster using his Nen leg this time but it will lack the durability as it is not a solid foot anymore.

The fact that bungee jump is that OP is all thanks to how creative Hyskoa is just like how OP Luffy looks even when his power is more or less rubber lol.

Killua is the best MC after King lol. Gon is actually the support character.^_^

Minor Heaven's Arc arena spoiler:
Yeah, Hisoka clearly said that Texture Surprise doesn't heal wounds or lost limbs in the fight with Castro while talking to Machi (who was doing the actual healing by stitching it back up). It just makes it look like it did to confuse opponents.

casiopao

Yeah, Hisoka clearly said that Texture Surprise doesn't heal wounds or lost limbs in the fight with Castro. It just makes it look like it did, to confuse opponents.

Hyskoa bruh. Hyskoa.^_^

And, ......... i can't think of any other Nen user which had more or less useless ability but tx to their creativity, able to become OP except for Hyskoa lol.(
Maybe Ging but... his also sounds OP lol.)

The most OP for me is still King lol. It is the epitome of Kirby/Toriko/ Endless Potential.^_^

Aha. It seems u misunderstood that scene.

The wound never heal at all there. He just camouflaged the wound and then he swing his hand.(Hyskoa had always had huge pain tolerance. Hell, i would even said he love those pain lol.)

the foot part is fully created by Nen. As his Nen is a gum, then his foot is more or less a spring now, so he will be able to move faster using his Nen leg this time but it will lack the durability as it is not a solid foot anymore.

The fact that bungee jump is that OP is all thanks to how creative Hyskoa is just like how OP Luffy looks even when his power is more or less rubber lol.

Killua is the best MC after King lol. Gon is actually the support character.^_^
Well Gon is essential to Killua's growth and vice versa. They'd be completely differently people if they never met during the Hunter Exam.

I still remember cold blooded and 'on' Killua at the beginning of the series. What a turn around...

Same with Gon, actually, and to a lesser extent, Kurapika. Even Leorio had some growth.

casiopao

Well Gon is essential to Killua's growth and vice versa. They'd be completely differently people if they never met during the Hunter Exam.

Ohh i agree. It is just, the growth of the character happens much more on Killua rather than Gon.^_^

Hell, Killua growth actually mirror much more shonen character and in this case, Killua grow more than just in raw power but also in maturity in personality and mind. While Gon growths is bit miniscule in the mind and personality.

Killua grow from a cold blooded killer into one of the most mature character in the team. While Gon fall deeper into depression after Kite falls and end up in the path we most see in villain or anti hero lol. While the King on the other hand is slowly but surely growing into MC style of character so it is really nice to see the opposite happen in HxH.^^

Veelk

Banned

That's not really a good comparison, since I think Luffy's abilities are bullshit too. Rubber does not allow Luffy to do the things he does.

But anyway, you basically established that
Hisoka 1. retained the basic use of his limbs 2. didn't remove the pain, but also is indifferent to it if he doesn't relish it 3. traded durability for more capability.

You can say he's not technically healed in the traditional sense of the word (meaning his restored to his former state), but for practical purposes, yeah, he's totally healed. He fixed the actual problems of his injured body and doesn't care about whats left over, and is basically as strong as he was pre-injury, even more since it's implied his nen strengthened after death.

And yeah, I do think that stretches the plausibility of what his nen is stated to do.

Ohh i agree. It is just, the growth of the character happens much more on Killua rather than Gon.^_^

Hell, Killua growth actually mirror much more shonen character and in this case, Killua grow more than just in raw power but also in maturity in personality and mind. While Gon growths is bit miniscule in the mind and personality.

Killua grow from a cold blooded killer into one of the most mature character in the team. While Gon fall deeper into depression after Kite falls and end up in the path we most see in villain or anti hero lol. While the King on the other hand is slowly but surely growing into MC style of character so it is really nice to see the opposite happen in HxH.^^
It is rather interesting seeing everybody else become more human except for Gon. Gon's had some of the same issues since the beginning of the show.

casiopao

That's not really a good comparison, since I think Luffy's abilities are bullshit too. Rubber does not allow Luffy to do the things he does.

But anyway, you basically established that
Hisoka 1. retained the basic use of his limbs 2. didn't remove the pain, but also is indifferent to it if he doesn't relish it 3. traded durability for more capability.

You can say he's not technically healed in the traditional sense of the word (meaning his restored to his former state), but for practical purposes, yeah, he's totally healed. He fixed the actual problems of his injured body and doesn't care about whats left over, and is basically as strong as he was pre-injury, even more since it's implied his nen strengthened after death.

And yeah, I do think that stretches the plausibility of what his nen is stated to do.

Well, now Haki is also a factor, so some of the feat he did is now more possible. And of course, u can't use normal logic with Luffy abilities here. U should consider that Luffy is a rubber man. So all his bone is also rubber, so some of the feat can be logical based on his rubbery trait combine with human ability.

He is not healed at all. He simply makes it looks that he is healed. The fact that he got stronger after death is already explained before though. That people who survived from a very close death can get their Nen stronger. In this case, Hisoka lost a leg to exchanged for a rubbery feet which can be a pro and cons depend on situation.

I still think that his Nen haven't went too far from what we know. Except in the future he goes even more apeshit with his Nen lol.

It is rather interesting seeing everybody else become more human except for Gon. Gon's had some of the same issues since the beginning of the show.

Gon actually become less human in this Chimera Ant Arc lol.^_^ I am not surprised for Gon being this bad though. After all, he had the gene of one the worst father in all anime lol.^_^

There's definitely a lot of early hints about Gon's fucked up morals and thought processes. Like when he considers letting Hisoka attack (and possibly kill) Kurapika and Leorio so he can use the attempt to steal Hisoka's tag. Plus many other things.

Top Bottom