• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I want to see how far Killua can take that ability. It'll be OP as heck, of course. I mean, Killua is just a kid and he is already fighting on par with Chimera Ants on the level of Youpi. He is going to be powerful as all get out when he gets older.

Why does Pouf seem to be the biggest asshole of the Royal Guards? At first I thought it would be Pitou or Youpi, but nope, it's fucking Pouf. Fuck dis dude.
giphy.gif

I want to see how far Killua can take that ability. It'll be OP as heck, of course. I mean, Killua is just a kid and he is already fighting on par with Chimera Ants on the level of Youpi. He is going to be powerful as all get out when he gets older.

Probably one of the reasons he was written out of the story. He didn't have no uber vow and pledge restriction power-up, he was fighting Royal Guards with just his Hatsu.

Godspeed is broken. People like to say that he couldn't hurt Youpi yet forget to mention that Youpi is by far the second most durable character in the series, even among the Royal Guards. If those same attacks landed on non ant opponents? Unless you have absolutely top-tier durability? You're done.

And that's just the "Speed of Lightning" technique. His "Whirlwind" technique is the greatest part of Godspeed - while using Whirlwind he has the best reactions in the entire series besides perhaps Post-Rose Meruem. A half-dead Killua while using an early version of Whirlwind was able to react to a technique that materialises instantly.

What did Pouf do now? That rascal.
He showed up, interrupted Gon and Pitou, Knuckle comes and challenges him and despite the orders of Meruem having Komugi's survival being paramount the dude just fucks right off and leaves causing Gon to give Pitou less time to heal Komugi. Why is Pitou like best Royal Guard member? Because of Meruem's orders she actually cares about survival. Pouf's just like "fuck dat bitch." Komugi's cool Pouf you fucking tosser so fuck you.

He showed up, interrupted Gon and Pitou, Knuckle comes and challenges him and despite the orders of Meruem having Komugi's survival being paramount the dude just fucks right off and leaves causing Gon to give Pitou less time to heal Komugi. Why is Pitou like best Royal Guard member? Because of Meruem's orders she actually cares about survival. Pouf's just like "fuck dat bitch." Komugi's cool Pouf you fucking tosser so fuck you.

What episode are you on now?

That Netero heart hand stance at the end. I guess he's giving Meruem some respect. Netero just lost his god damn leg, holy shit!!
tumblr_kzdowtchv51qzw0lho1_400.jpg

You can't stop off at Winry's Netero, just give up already please, mother of fucking god, this is killing me.
OH MY MOTHERFUCKING GAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWDDDDDDD!!!!!! DID NETERO JUST FLIP OFF MERUEM WHILE HITTING HIM WITH A KAMEHAMEHA?!!!! And Meruem fucking survived that shit? HOLY FUCK!! THIS MOTHERFUCKING GYM SOCK WEARING OLD ASS MAN DONE NUKED MERUEM TWICE, NOT ONCE TWICE. Probably the most bad ass shit I've ever seen. RIP Netero. Guys...Gon just threatened to kill Komugi. I don't think I want Gon as the main character anymore. I must say that I was expecting Meruem to be the last to die. It's not every day that the final boss actually dies before his subordinates do.

That Netero heart hand stance at the end. I guess he's giving Meruem some respect. Netero just lost his god damn leg, holy shit!!

You can't stop off at Winry's Netero, just give up already please, mother of fucking god, this is killing me.
OH MY MOTHERFUCKING GAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWDDDDDDD!!!!!! DID NETERO JUST FLIP OFF MERUEM WHILE HITTING HIM WITH A KAMEHAMEHA?!!!! And Meruem fucking survived that shit? HOLY FUCK!! THIS MOTHERFUCKING GYM SOCK WEARING OLD ASS MAN DONE NUKED MERUEM TWICE, NOT ONCE TWICE. Probably the most bad ass shit I've ever seen. RIP Netero. Guys...Gon just threatened to kill Komugi. I don't think I want Gon as the main character anymore. I must say that I was expecting Meruem to be the last to die. It's not every day that the final boss actually dies before his subordinates do.
Yeah was a decent fight

OH MY MOTHERFUCKING GAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWDDDDDDD!!!!!! DID NETERO JUST FLIP OFF MERUEM WHILE HITTING HIM WITH A KAMEHAMEHA?!!!! And Meruem fucking survived that shit? HOLY FUCK!! THIS MOTHERFUCKING GYM SOCK WEARING OLD ASS MAN DONE NUKED MERUEM TWICE, NOT ONCE TWICE. Probably the most bad ass shit I've ever seen. RIP Netero.
Welcome to the club, dude.

Guys...Gon just threatened to kill Komugi. I don't think I want Gon as the main character anymore.

Aside from Kira/Light from Death Note, who is basically a villain protagonist, as far as I know, Gon is the only shonen character to threaten an innocent's life in such a way. Gon is in a very dark place right now.

Now Pouf is hitting Meruem with the fucking Edo Tensei Jutsu, just fucking kill me already.
OU OUUUUU OOOOOUUUUUU!!! Somebody please kill Pouf already.
Welcome to the club, dude.

Aside from Kira/Light from Death Note, who is basically a villain protagonist, as far as I know, Gon is the only shonen character to threaten an innocent's life in such a way. Gon is in a very dark place right now.
Gon's been edging closer and closer to this kind of shit since Greed Island in my opinion.

I kind of wish Meruem just stayed dead. This is like Goku with the Perfect Cell fight and now I'm staring at Super Perfect Cell, only thing is who kills him? And Netero's never coming back so he essentially died for nothing.

Veelk

Banned
I kind of wish Meruem just stayed dead. This is like Goku with the Perfect Cell fight and now I'm staring at Super Perfect Cell, only thing is who kills him? And Netero's never coming back so he essentially died for nothing.

Well, just a few posts ago, we were comparing Killua to Gohan. That's not quite it, but didn't Pitou say that Gon had fangs that could reach the King? Well, not to spoil anything but you can connect the dots from here I think...

Your next milestone will be episode 131

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Now Pouf is hitting Meruem with the fucking Edo Tensei Jutsu, just fucking kill me already.

OU OUUUUU OOOOOUUUUUU!!! Somebody please kill Pouf already.

Gon's been edging closer and closer to this kind of shit since Greed Island in my opinion.

Yeah but, we got Queen Youpi out of it

Edit:

Kite is now confirmed dead. Gon's fucking had it with this shit.

Aw shit, seems like you're on a roll, watching eps nonstop. Get ready

And the darkness isn't finished!!!!!
3cd8a33a.png

giphy.gif

How the fuck is there anything after this fucking arc? This is like some End of Evangelion level shit!!!!!!!

136 will be tomorrow. I'm on 132, but the last ep sapped my endurance and I have an event to photograph tomorrow morning. I want Killua as the main character...good ole' calm and optimistic Killua.

Can we give it up to Gon's VA for that entire confrontation with Pitou? Where did that come from? She was so intense, kind of scary and heartbreaking.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

The fight with the King and Netero is probably one of the best Shonen fights I have ever seen. I love how the King applied all of his acquired knowledge from playing Gungi against Komugi against Netero to figure out how to finally get at him and damage him. Not that it mattered as the King put it, Netero had him in checkmate from the beginning.

And yes Zero hand was fucking great, loved that he flipped him the bird before landing that attack.

"I don't care, if this is the end." SHIT'S HITTING THE FANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! This music is haunting.

HOLY MONKEY FLINGING SHIT!!! GON!! WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! Motherfucker went SSJ4 and hit puberty at the same fucking time!!!!

Yeah that's the moment alright and I agree the music helps sell what is such a dark scene for Gon. He sacrifices everything he has for a momentary power up to absolutely crush Pitou. Though she's right as she is glad he used all that power to defeat her instead of facing the King.

Daingurse

"I don't care, if this is the end." SHIT'S HITTING THE FANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! This music is haunting.

HOLY MONKEY FLINGING SHIT!!! GON!! WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! Motherfucker went SSJ4 and hit puberty at the same fucking time!!!!

Pitou didn't deserve to die like that. Just god fucking damn please tell me it doesn't get any darker than this, holy fuck.

And the darkness isn't finished!!!!!
3cd8a33a.png

giphy.gif

How the fuck is there anything after this fucking arc? This is like some End of Evangelion level shit!!!!!!!

Well you've now seen my favorite part of the series :) I really love that moment, and that transformation especially. So much so, that I had to buy this thing lol:

http://i.imgur.com/53Ei9bO.jpg

I have no idea how many times I've seen episode 131 at this point, but I still can't watch it without tearing up at the very least. Without fail, during that moment when Gon is talking to Killua in the blink of an eye, and he says, "I finally get to feel the same as Kite back then. . . I feel like I've been redeemed some . . .". I fucking lose it every time lol. The music, the animation, it's very beautiful scene. But like I said, l can't not tear up watching it!

http://pa1.narvii.com/5919/403ee485c07c16223ae536986294e45f5f765824_hq.gif

It really just reinforced Gon's mindset, showing all the guilt and pain he's put on himself. This fucking kid had such a burden placed on his mind, that he was completely consumed with revenge and felt 100% responsible for Kite's death due to his own lack of strength. A 12 year old kid shouldn't have to deal with what Gon was put through :(

But man, Gon really shows how terrifying a child can be. Good thing Nen ain't a thing, because I don't need kids running around with this kind of power. I can't blame you for liking Killua more at this point, but all the flaws in Gon's personality are what made me enjoy his character and find him even more interesting. The seeds were planted for this kind of behavior from Gon long ago. Gon's sense of morality has always been a bit skewed (didn't give a fuck that Killua was an assassin lol). And Gon has always been extremely reckless, and prideful to an insane point (Hanzo, Bomber encounter). Hell, many common shonen character traits present in Gon set him up for immense pain during the Chimera Ant arc. That arc made him endure so much. It really should have been obvious from the beginning where things were going to go with Gon. And yet, I NEVER could have predicted such a character shift for Gon. The little dude was threatening innocent lives and taking hostages for Christ's sake! But even Gon's vengeance at the end of the day had a child-like naivety to it . . . I found the whole thing to be simply fascinating, and that moment of the Chimera Ant Arc cemented Gon as one of my favorite anime protagonists.

When Gon first transformed, I was half expecting him to JoJo pose at some point.

CMiWXfM.gif
I will use my Nen for retribution.
Well you've now seen my favorite part of the series :) I really love that moment, and that transformation especially. So much so, that I had to buy this thing lol:

I have no idea how many times I've seen episode 131 at this point, but I still can't watch it without tearing up at the very least. Without fail, during that moment when Gon is talking to Killua in the blink of an eye, and he says, "I finally get to feel the same as Kite back then. . . I feel like I've been redeemed some . . .". I fucking lose it every time lol. The music, the animation, it's very beautiful scene. But like I said, l can't not tear up watching it!

403ee485c07c16223ae536986294e45f5f765824_hq.gif

It really just reinforced Gon's mindset, showing all the guilt and pain he's put on himself. This fucking kid had such a burden placed on his mind, that he was completely consumed with revenge and felt 100% responsible for Kite's death due to his own lack of strength. A 12 year old kid shouldn't have to deal with what Gon was put through :(

But man, Gon really shows how terrifying a child can be. Good thing Nen ain't a thing, because I don't need kids running around with this kind of power. I can't blame you for liking Killua more at this point, but all the flaws in Gon's personality are what made me enjoy his character and find him even more interesting. The seeds were planted for this kind of behavior from Gon long ago. Gon's sense of morality has always been a bit skewed (didn't give a fuck that Killua was an assassin lol). And Gon has always been extremely reckless, and prideful to an insane point (Hanzo, Bomber encounter). Hell, many common shonen character traits present in Gon set him up for immense pain during the Chimera Ant arc. That arc made him endure so much. It really should have been obvious from the beginning where things were going to go with Gon. And yet, I NEVER could have predicted such a character shift for Gon. The little dude was threatening innocent lives and taking hostages for Christ's sake! But even Gon's vengeance at the end of the day had a child-like naivety to it . . . I found the whole thing to be simply fascinating, and that moment of the Chimera Ant Arc cemented Gon as one of my favorite anime protagonists.
You know...when you flat out state that Gon doesn't care that his best friend in the whole world is a god damn assassin it really does put his character in a different light. Not to mention that he seems perfectly ok with his other friend Kurapika being a revenge crazed lunatic at times his morals are really skewed. I guess the Chimera Ant arc is just what happens when you push a raised by wolves determinator like Gon passed his breaking point, cause God damn. When this arc started I wasn't expecting Gon to be the most crazed and violent character by the end. He just didn't give two fucks and even pushed Pitou to some new areas I wasn't expecting. The whole thing is just draining for both the viewers and the characters. It's like that happy go lucky kid that was having fun playing a game with Netero and Killua was just gone and you had to follow the journey of a revenge crazed monster for the last half. Once Gon met with Pitou, he just stopped being the same Gon and I think even if Killua was there from the beginning it just would not have helped. It makes you wonder if Gon would've injured or killed Killua to mete out his revenge. Killua wanted some revenge too, but that shit changed once he saw how human Pitou had become. The Chimera Ants are not that far removed for being humans and Gon maimed and tortured essentially a little girl. Pitou was a monster yes, but the range of emotions and vulnerability that she displayed was human and I think that's what made Killua stop being all about avenging Kite, he gained perspective. Gon didn't give a shit, not even a hint of a shit he just saw her as the creature that killed Kite. This right there is just the haunting difference in their character growth. Killua became all about seeing the bigger picture while learning how to gain emotional depth and forge friendships, Gon just became highly enamored with tunnel vision and it was just scary. He became so focussed with one goal and it just fucking consumed and burned out the person that he used to be.

Such beauty that whole battle. King vs Netero, gon vs pitou and the fall of the house of cards.
The house of cards got nuked. I don't think Pitou expected to be in a one sided Dark Souls battle. What that one punch did to her face was messed up. I hate to think that people get more powerful than this.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So the dub aired the episode where Killua faces Illumi in the hunter exam and man, the dub for Killua did a great job for that entire scene. Honestly, I'm really loving the English dub a lot.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Is this the thread for the dub or the sub?
I think it'd be for both, since there's no dub thread. Don't worry about spoilers - I've already seen the entire thing. There's really no other place to talk about the dub outside of the Toonami thread when it's airing except here.

Top Bottom