• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

MANGA spoilers with no context

http://i.imgur.com/BIR2QbE.png

That is a nen beast.

Nen gets super weird.
Nice nipple beast bruh. And from out of fucking god damn nowhere in walks the worst dad in Shonen history. I just realized this, but does anybody else find it weird that Killua has a better dad than Gon, as well as a more stable family situation? As weird as Killua's family is they're still there and have actually tried to do things to aid Killua's survival. They did it in a twisted sense, but they were at least very active in Killua's upbringing. If Piyon, Cluck and Geru aren't women I'm throwing my laptop out the window. I like Cheadle's design. Kind of tasteful but cute, not too over the top. How...how the fuck do you turn your arm into a fucking snake? YO GING VISIT YOUR SON IN THE FUCKING HOSPITAL YOU SACK OF FUCKING DOG SHIT!!!!!

Being stronger than someone in HxH is kind of hard to quantify. Like, Netero, even old man not-peak Netero, was probably the best Nen martial artist there was. Ging might have a more powerful ability, but Netero's devotion and perfected aura means in a hand-to-hand fight he's unparalleled. And that's before he pulls out Guanyin Bodhisattva.

Being stronger than someone in HxH is kind of hard to quantify. Like, Netero, even old man not-peak Netero, was probably the best Nen martial artist there was. Ging might have a more powerful ability, but Netero's devotion and perfected aura means in a hand-to-hand fight he's unparalleled. And that's before he pulls out Guanyin Bodhisattva.
That's why I think it would've been stupid if they rolled out somebody stronger to kill Meruem. From out of thin air too. Netero was at least built up from the very beginning.

Moaradin

It's only good writing if the main characters are the ones to take down the villain /DTL

No seriously, it's actually kinda crazy that Gon and Killua don't interact with the main antagonist at all lol.

It's only good writing if the main characters are the ones to take down the villain /DTL

No seriously, it's actually kinda crazy that Gon and Killua don't interact with the main antagonist at all lol.
But for the most part Gon and Killua have never been powerful enough to take out the main villain. I see it more as a journey to get to that point, but in order for Gon to take out Meruem the amount of power creep would need to be fucking absurd. I'm not DTL so the way HxH portrays everything has been perfectly fine with me. DTL probably hated the Chimera Ant arc. Gon's fight wasn't with Meruem any way, he had his own personal stakes with Pitou and well...yeah.

Kieli

But for the most part Gon and Killua have never been powerful enough to take out the main villain. I see it more as a journey to get to that point, but in order for Gon to take out Meruem the amount of power creep would need to be fucking absurd. I'm not DTL so the way HxH portrays everything has been perfectly fine with me. DTL probably hated the Chimera Ant arc. Gon's fight wasn't with Meruem any way, he had his own personal stakes with Pitou and well...yeah.

To legitly fight with someone like Mereum, I think Gon and Killua would have needed to be in their late 30s/early 40s.

casiopao

To legitly fight with someone like Mereum, I think Gon and Killua would have needed to be in their late 30s/early 40s.

And that is base Meruem too lol. I really beleived winged Meruem is on another level himself.

And about Ging being OP, i don't really see it lol. I feel he is going to be hisoka type where they are able to use simple nen into OP thanks to their creativity.

I sure as hell feel Pariston is going to be another OP user lol.

And those saying Ging is stronger vs Netero, isn't that statement is given by Netero when he haven't retrained himself for the battle with Meruem? I feel after he retrained himself, he should be at least on par with ging.

You know...Netero right before that battle wasn't weak though. So being on par with that still makes him OP as fuck. I would love to see a late 30's Killua, he'd be so ripped.

Which I liked quite a bit. Not having the main character and the main villain of an arc not even see one another by time everything concludes is a nice subvert.

I think they could take him around 20/30 actually. They aren't even teenagers yet and they are already at a point where they could at least somewhat tussle with Meruem's RG.

Another decade and they will be certified monsters. I mean, look at how fast they learned Nen and how skillful they became with it going from Wing to Bisky.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just want to point about Gon after the CA arc that he no longer can use n thanks to what he did to take out Pitou. We don't know if and how he will be able to use it again though I wouldn't doubt some Dark Continent nonsense.

Ganhyun

So, is the DC stuff going to be animated anytime soon? Or is it a case of I haven't seen it due to not being available to stream?

^ spoiler text for anime peeps, man.
Considering what Gon did...that shit makes a lot of sense any way. He pretty much put all of his Nen and life energy to hit puberty earlier and unlock Toguro 110% mode earlier.
Shoutout to the quickness in how he took out Cheetah dude. The best.

Also, every time Cheetah dude showed up, this kept playing in the back of my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZlYGN5W2Yg
"What the fuck is that thing fucking with my old man? Lemme fuck his shit up..." That cheetahman tune is too good.

Shoutout to the quickness in how he took out Cheetah dude. The best.

Also, every time Cheetah dude showed up, this kept playing in the back of my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZlYGN5W2Yg

Not only that consider that he killed a Spider member had a tussle with Chrollo, walked away unscathed (probably) and Chrollo decided to just cut his losses and leave him alone proved that he's a force to be reckon with. Besides they make a big deal about Gon and Killua having 1 in a million Potential makes absolute sense both their pops are beast too.

Not only that consider that he killed a Spider member had a tussle with Chrollo, walked away unscathed (probably) and Chrollo decided to just cut his losses and leave him alone proved that he's a force to be reckon with. Besides they make a big deal about Gon and Killua having 1 in a million Potential makes absolute sense both their pops are beast too.
There's probably also a reason Netero brought Silva and Zeno along for the invasion. He knew they'd get the job done and those Ants weren't weak either...which means Killua's a bit of a pint sized beast since he pretty much just walked through the soldiers and Rommet got his shit pushed in once Killua got his confidence back by pulling out that needle. I think the only ones he had a problem with were the Royal Guard and Palm. That ambush attempt on him in the forest was fucking hilarious. I loved that neck break he did at the end on one of them.

You have now been introduced to the best character in the series: Pariston Hill! Every time he gets to give a big speech it's just such a delight!

Greed Island is technically the one exception and even then Gon gets beaten like a rag doll .

Daingurse

I don't think getting his hand blown off was part of the plan though.

Gon is so fucking stubborn lol. I really enjoy that fight with Genthru, because it sheds so much light on his character. Gon has so much pride and determination that it's insane. Literally insane. Genthru might as well of been Togashi when he stated as such.

Nearing the end of the anime, I was not expecting Netero to take out the King with a miniature nuclear bomb.

Yep didnt see it coming either. I that Netero won in the end. He didn't die in vain, he won. Humanity won, because our potential for destruction far exceeded the King's expectations.

Dr.Hadji

Nearing the end of the anime, I was not expecting Netero to take out the King with a miniature nuclear bomb.

I'm really surprised there wasn't much uproar about this. In one swoop you learn this world has nukes, are portable and is hidden inside the chairman as a last resort move. I know Deus Ex Machina get thrown around a lot but this pretty much fits it to a T.

Gon is so fucking stubborn lol. I really enjoy that fight with Genthru, because it sheds so much light on his character. Gon has so much pride and determination that it's insane. Literally insane. Genthru might as well of been Togashi when he stated as such.
Funny thing is most shonen protags are stubborn, but they don't usually make it seem like a self destructive trait.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm really surprised there wasn't much uproar about this. In one swoop you learn this world has nukes, are portable and is hidden inside the chairman as a last resort move. I know Deus Ex Machina get thrown around a lot but this pretty much fits it to a T.
Its somewhat neat to see a shonen anime where the nukes actually worked. Most of the time the bad guy is so uber powerful it doesn't do anything.

The most interesting traits for fictional characters are those that are simultaneously strengths and weaknesses.
This is so true and seems to be reflected more in Gon than Killua, only thing is Killua seems to be growing more as a person. Gon just seems to be pushing himself to the point where it just damn near killed him. He usually just seems to pursue that one goal to the point where it's a detriment to him. He can see that one thing, but never anything adjacent to that one goal.
Its somewhat neat to see a shonen anime where the nukes actually worked. Most of the time the bad guy is so uber powerful it doesn't do anything.
What episode are you on?
Edit:
I must say I like how Killua can reason with his dad. When they were first introduced I expected Killua to have to fight his family Itachi style, but he doesn't have to. They're a bunch of assassin freaks, but they aren't dangerous enough to him to really need to fight. Holy shit it's been confirmed that Killua has a better dad than Gon. Silva flat out stated that he cares about Killua. I don't think you'd ever hear that sentence out of Ging. WHAT IN THE FLYING MOTHER OF FUCKING FUCK IS FUCKING
ALLUKA
? She's like Lucy from Elfen Lied!!!! More like the Monkey Paw in that Simpsons Halloween episode.
tumblr_mbuar5chK01ridkofo3_250.gif

"Give me your Deuodenum" Lol this is fuckery at it's finest. Togashi and Araki need to team up and blow minds already.

Kieli

This is so true and seems to be reflected more in Gon than Killua, only thing is Killua seems to be growing more as a person. Gon just seems to be pushing himself to the point where it just damn near killed him. He usually just seems to pursue that one goal to the point where it's a detriment to him. He can see that one thing, but never anything adjacent to that one goal.

What episode are you on?
Edit:
I must say I like how Killua can reason with his dad. When they were first introduced I expected Killua to have to fight his family Itachi style, but he doesn't have to. They're a bunch of assassin freaks, but they aren't dangerous enough to him to really need to fight. Holy shit it's been confirmed that Killua has a better dad than Gon. Silva flat out stated that he cares about Killua. I don't think you'd ever hear that sentence out of Ging. WHAT IN THE FLYING MOTHER OF FUCKING FUCK IS FUCKING
ALLUKA
? She's like Lucy from Elfen Lied!!!! More like the Monkey Paw in that Simpsons Halloween episode.
tumblr_mbuar5chK01ridkofo3_250.gif

"Give me your Deuodenum" Lol this is fuckery at it's finest. Togashi and Araki need to team up and blow minds already.

I do think the family cares for each other. Yes, even Illumi in his own twisted way.

Top Bottom