• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

It was a few years ago I just remember it but barely. Doing a marathon tomorrow so maybe I'll see it
No you won't it's part of like the last 30 eps of the series.
Easy,
kill him before he uses it. It's not like he has to take his whole stamina bar before he finishes him. Cut his throat and laugh, laugh, laugh.
I don't think Hisoka has the speed or the durability to tank getting smacked around by a
giant golden Buddha statue

Philippo

It's always amazing to follow someone that started watching HxH, and how most go from "heh it's okay, nice" to "woah i didn't expect this" to "this is the best thing ever" finishing with "i am now on par with the manga fuck you togashi for hiatus during the best arc in history".

cLOUDo

what do you think will happen with Gon?

this is clearly the last "big arc" before it ends, so
this is his ends, back to "normal" or something else will happen?
gon ended without Nen is kinda a bummed

Is there a thread for the manga discussion? Got some questions about the latest fight.
Yeah,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826327

I think you're underestimating the properties of both rubber AND gum!
After seeing what Meruem could do and handle in battle, it will be really hard to convince me rubber and gum could take him.

I think Hisoka would suffer a priapism at the sight of Meruem and die from the trauma
This is highly possible as well lol.

Fandangox

I think Hisoka would suffer a priapism at the sight of Meruem and die from the trauma

Its my personal belief that the reason why Hisoka wasn't on the Chimera Ants arc was because Togashi just couldnt write up an scenario where Hisoka didn't get himself killed 5 minutes after stepping into the Mansion.

SoulUnison

Banned
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No idea lol. That's really the beauty of that fight for me. It's inevitable, but what is Hisoka gonna do?!
I honestly think half of Hisoka's body will be composed of Nen by the end of that fight. There's just no way you leave a fight with Feitan in-tact. Slowly but surely, Hisoka will become the Rubberband Man.

What if Hisoka becomes a human
Ship of Theseus, losing body parts and replacing them with Nen facsimiles one by one until he's just a sentient Nen rage-phantom that must be exorcised?

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
... you guys really make me want to read the manga. I've been itching since finishing the anime but I don't want to get caught up on a manga that takes forever to put out chapters... How close are they to the end of the current manga arc?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
... you guys really make me want to read the manga. I've been itching since finishing the anime but I don't want to get caught up on a manga that takes forever to put out chapters... How close are they to the end of the current manga arc?

Nowhere near it

Nowhere near it
image.php

remz

What if Hisoka becomes a human
Ship of Theseus, losing body parts and replacing them with Nen facsimiles one by one until he's just a sentient Nen rage-phantom that must be exorcised?

I think you guys just blew the top off of Togashi's plan for Hisoka

Damn... It's the arc right after the anime ends right? If so, I'll just keep pretending it doesn't exist for a couple of years until I can binge again. My heart can't take waiting forever for each individual chapter...

Togashi literally made it 15 or so chapters into the arc until he went on the latest hiatus.

I think Feitan would fair better against the Royal Guard then a guy like Hisoka.

I doubt it. The RG's speed, strength and durability is probably too high. Pitou and Pouf could definitely escape an activated Pain Packer, Pitou and Youpi could very potentially kill Feitan too fast for him to even activate it. I don't think he'd fair any better or worse chance than Hisoka.

HStallion

I used to watch the old anime and OAV's. Has this new anime passed the point where the last OAV finished?

By and far. The original 99 anime even with the OAV's basically gets to the end of Greed Island. The Madhouse anime goes well past that point and covers the next two arcs, one of which is big as most of the rest of the series put together.

By and far. The original 99 anime even with the OAV's basically gets to the end of Greed Island. The Madhouse anime goes well past that point and covers the next two arcs, one of which is big as most of the rest of the series put together.

Thanks. Gonna start this weekend. Phantom Troupe was my favourite part of HxH when I used to watch it.

HStallion

Thanks. Gonna start this weekend. Phantom Troupe was my favourite part of HxH when I used to watch it.

Just be aware the start of the Madhouse anime was basically a kids show so the Hunter Exam arc is censored in parts and the entire tone is much lighter hearted compared to the somber mood of the 99' anime. However once they get to Heaven's Arena things start to kick off and by the time of the Chimera Ant arc things get really dark and messed up.

I doubt it. The RG's speed, strength and durability is probably too high. Pitou and Pouf could definitely escape an activated Pain Packer, Pitou and Youpi could very potentially kill Feitan too fast for him to even activate it. I don't think he'd fair any better or worse chance than Hisoka.
From what I've seen Pitou and Youpi hit really fucking hard. Considering how Pitou tanked a
golden buddha slap
the Royal Guard is fucking durable.

Also the Madhouse anime has a consistent art style and has really good above-average production values as well along all 148 episodes, so the GI arc in it doesn't look like total garbage like the old OVAs did.

HStallion

Hey guys. Just started marathoning the anime. HxH is pretty legit. Started really slow though

The first arc is probably the most straight forward and the weakest of the show. Its not bad but it was still focused on being kid friendly so a lot of censorship of things like a guys heart getting ripped out and suddenly appearing inside a baggie.

Top Bottom