• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

I guess you can say now that gido doesn't have a leg to stand on now.....

Edit:Wait a minute..killua is out here taking with that lightning resistance..as if I needed any more reasons to be a killua stan

Is Hisoka really THAT good? he's always so confident and yes, he has won pretty much all his fights but after the Chimera Ant he looks like an slightly-above-average Nen user who overrates himself.
Hisoka seems to know how to get the best use out of his very simple, yet highly effective nen ability. Him also knowing how to toy with people and get under their skin also helps. Would he last against Pitou? Fuck no. He seems like one of the fighters that reached the end of the road in terms of ability, which luckily for him is a high road, but I think within 5 years Killua would've eclipsed him though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Alright this gon vs Hisoka fight is freaking me out..

That was when I started to have my turn around on the show. I was not feeling it for the first season, I even posted in here about it and not liking Gon and so on. That beginning portion of the fight where there is no sound and its just Gon going all out against Hisoka was marvelously done.

I think Hisoka is pretty damn good. Not best of the best but he is pretty formidable. His ability is simple and straightforward but he is very versatile with it.

I like what recently occurred with him in the manga.

Ray Down

Banned
Gon don't care about his mom, his mother is Mito as far as he's concerned, which is fucked up though. Ging...doesn't have the best dad mindset...
17e44164e25cc32a0ec074f814970bbe.jpg

cLOUDo

anyone think that the "election Arc" was kinda rush?
so many opportunities wasted

Hizoka killing the candidates
Pariston and his ants yard
Killua vs illumi
illumi/hizoka vs Gon's bodyguards (hanzo,biscuit,etc)
canary kicking some ass

Lol, it's true too. He loves to just play it down too. "You can't kill my son, cause he's my son."

Killua vs illumi
canary kicking some ass
Could Hisoka even beat Biscuit?
I'd imagine her to be pretty top tier.

Moaradin

Killua vs illumi
canary kicking some ass

Some of these things aren't finished plot threads. Some of them get brought up in the recent chapters.

Permanently A

Could Hisoka even beat Biscuit?
I'd imagine her to be pretty top tier.

His Bungee Gum has both the properties of RUBBER and GUM. His Texture Surprise is not only textured but very surprising. Hisoka literally cannot be stopped by anything, including (manga spoilers)
death and dismemberment.
(manga spoilers)

Daingurse

Considering how Hisoka named his attacks did he just start dressing like a clown cause he liked them as a kid?

"Bungee Gum" was Hisoka's favorite bubble gum as a little kid, so his fascination with "rubber and gum" might even predate his interest in being a clown. But I have to imagine he got into the clown shit pretty early on. There's a backstory for Hisoka out there written by the creator of Tokyo Ghoul, where Hisoka joins a circus troupe. He was a complete natural at everything. Hisoka seems to have been born to be a circus clown lol.

"Bungee Gum" was Hisoka's favorite bubble gum as a little kid, so his fascination with "rubber and gum" might even predate his interest in being a clown. But I have to imagine he got into the clown shit pretty early on. There's a backstory for Hisoka out there written by the creator of Tokyo Ghoul, where Hisoka joins a circus troupe. He was a complete natural at everything. Hisoka seems to have been born to be a circus clown lol.
Born to be a circus clown and completely unstoppable for some odd damn reason, I'd like for Killua to kill him, but who knows.

Daingurse

Born to be a circus clown and completely unstoppable for some odd damn reason, I'd like for Killua to kill him, but who knows.

I think I'll only be happy if Gon finishes him lol. Until that day though, I want Hisoka to wreak as much havoc and chaos as possible. Hisoka is one of my favorite characters in this series, I'm behind him 100%. He is truly an agent of chaos.

tumblr_mgk0g0JvtX1r7ui8go1_500.gif

I think I'll only be happy if Gon finishes him lol. Until that day though, I want Hisoka to wreak as much havoc and chaos as possible lol. Hisoka is one of my favorite characters in this series, I'm behind him 100%.
Only thing is does Gon even have the skill set to beat Hisoka? It's not exactly like Yusuke with Toguro with those two and you need to put some brain power behind beating Hisoka. I mean yeah there's one point where Gon could beat him, but that's never happening again.

Daingurse

Only thing is does Gon even have the skill set to beat Hisoka? It's not exactly like Yusuke with Toguro with those two and you need to put some brain power behind beating Hisoka. I mean yeah there's one point where Gon could beat him, but that's never happening again.

It's gonna be a tough fight, especially in-light of Hisoka's new Nen abilities. Hisoka is going to be VERY hard to kill with Gon's skill-set. And Hisoka is really the worst type of opponent for Gon, due to all of his trickery and use of misdirection. Would make for a great battle when Gon is a bit older. No victor is leaving that battle unscathed.

It's gonna be a tough fight, especially in-light of Hisoka's new Nen abilities. Hisoka is going to be VERY hard to kill with Gon's skill-set. And Hisoka is really the worst type of opponent for Gon, due to all of his trickery and use of misdirection. Would make for a great battle when Gon is a bit older. No victor is leaving that battle unscathed.
That's why I think Killua would be a better match up for Hisoka, Killua actually thinks pretty well and when he gets older he will be no fucking joke. Killua got a lot of fights that Gon stood no chance at all of winning.

Daingurse

That's why I think Killua would be a better match up for Hisoka, Killua actually thinks pretty well and when he gets older he will be no fucking joke. Killua got a lot of fights that Gon stood no chance at all of winning.

Oh no doubt Killua vs. Hisoka is a better match-up. But a "ripe" Gon vs. Hisoka, 1v1, is like endgame Hunter x Hunter for me. I need to see that some day! It would probably be like Gon vs. Genthru x 1000.

Oh no doubt Killua vs. Hisoka is a better match-up. But a "ripe" Gon vs. Hisoka, 1v1, is like endgame Hunter x Hunter for me. I need to see that some day! It would probably be like Gon vs. Genthru x 1000.
Only thing with that is how would Togashi
give Gon a fresh new hand this time? I guess Killua could just use Alluka or something.
I like Killua's fights more though and Togashi seems to like subverting what you expect and Killua does have some personal stakes in it with Hisoka
killing Gotoh and all.

Yeah, Gon does not match up well against Hisoka at all. That direct, physical combat plays into Hisoka's hand.

You need to fight Hisoka like (partial manga ->)
Chrollo successfully did. Hit and run while using high class tactics and strategy. I think Killua's ranged attacks and the ability to move very quickly in an instant would do well too. He just needs more power and experience.

Daingurse

Only thing with that is how would Togashi
give Gon a fresh new hand this time? I guess Killua could just use Alluka or something.
I like Killua's fights more though and Togashi seems to like subverting what you expect and Killua does have some personal stakes in it with Hisoka
killing Gotoh and all.

Hmm, maybe it'll be a 2v1? If Hisoka became that overwhelming, then I would be happy lol.

Yeah, Gon does not match up well against Hisoka at all. That direct, physical combat plays into Hisoka's hand.

You need to fight Hisoka like (partial manga ->)
Chrollo successfully did. Hit and run while using high class tactics and strategy. I think Killua's ranged attacks and the ability to move very quickly in an instant would do well too. He just needs more power and experience.
If Killua can survive
fighting Youpi of all things
then I think he'd manage with Hisoka. We still don't know how strong Killua really is in my opinion.
He rolled through a bunch of durable as fuck Chimera Ants and pretty much just ran from stuff during the election arc. He's at least strong enough to not be scared of Illumi so that has to mean something in my opinion.

Top Bottom