• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Einhander

Hunter X Hunter 101

Yay yay yay Ikalgo!

The dart game ability was creative, and Killua's solution to overcoming it was clever.
I like how this series handles battles, with logic, and they go out of their way in explaining characters' solutions.

FluxWaveZ

I like how this series handles battles, with logic, and they go out of their in explaining characters' solutions.

Yep, one of my favorite things about HxH. Problems aren't resolved through lame deus ex machinas and actually make sense.

That dart power was so lame, though. Effective, sure, but fighting like that is just so morally weak.

I hadn't totally realized how much Gon was pissed off about what happened to Kite until this episode.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Killua is one of the few Shonen protagonists that I'm sure is gay.

What impossible, he is totally only and exclusively into Gon, and even hones in on Gon numerous times. His internal dialogues even. For further proof, when Palm was trying to make a move on Gon he was inserting himself in whatever way he could and try to cannibalize the situation ruining it for her to protect his Gon. He has even sworn his whole life to him, and took initiative making the first kiss.

Oh you wishful thinkers... this is why they call you guys rotten girls; your logic process is full of holes. Fact is, he's at the age where friends are most important to him and he thinks girls have kooties. I don't think he's even aware of whether he's gay or straight. That's all you sex-crazed viewers are hung up on.

EDIT: I did come here though to see DTL's meltdown this week on the abuse Killua received. Those are always delicious :)

tumblr_mv37naMPw81shcpmyo1_500.gif

Wow perhaps most improved episode yet for the series, started out pretty terrible and ended up being a true masterpiece. Killua proving yet again that he is in the upper echelon of ALL shonen action series protagonists.
that epic dart skill, inspiring a new friendship with an antagonist and even holding on and enduring with all that blood loss. I was wholly impressed with how he was able to go through and show how much of a master of darts he is even in such a condition. This was amazing

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
HxH 101

I love how Killua made
friends with the Octopus
in this episode! Confirmed: Killua is into
beastiality
!

Einhander

Both Gon and Killua's interaction with not very trustworthy characters always amuses me, because they remind me of Goku's carefree attitude in Dragon Ball.

bigkrev

Hunter x Hunter 101

Gon looked like a total psychopath that one scene XD

Dart ability was pretty cool, although how were they alive so long after
being decapitated?
Confirmed: Killua is into
beastiality
!

After a week about debating his sexuality, lets move onto this topic

Dart ability was pretty cool, although how were they alive so long after
being decapitated?

I think they covered that in an episode much earlier in this arc; when Gon, Killua, and Kite first fought some ants in that drug/arms factory, the centipede like one almost bit Gon because he lowered his guard after dismembering it with his scissors ability and Kite said the ants can live a long time after being decapitated.

Soriku

Badass episode. Killua tanking those darts like a boss and his solution was clever. Ikalgo's pretty cool as well.

That was a pretty excellent episode. I kept how Killua will get through that. I was bracing myself for
the headshot
the entire time.

Did the manga explain how/why
darts were part of Killua's training
? Feels like a cop out explanation.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Damn pretty brutal episode lol. Man logic in Hunter x Hunter is so great. Love the explanations behind the battles.

smurfx

get some go again
That was a pretty excellent episode. I kept how Killua will get through that. I was bracing myself for
the headshot
the entire time.

Did the manga explain how/why
darts were part of Killua's training
? Feels like a cop out explanation.
something like darts would have been part of his training just to help help his accuracy. never know when you have to throw a sharp object to kill someone.

Nibel

HunterXHunter 101

Great episode, that octopus is really a cool dude - made me smile at the end. And Killua continues to deliver like in every fight

Really wondering what's going on with Gon and that weird invisible Chimera Ant though

Mrcapcom

Episode 101 was hot I really enjoyed it. I hope later on when Gon does get to the Cat Dude (Neferpitou w/e how u spell it lol) That he just goes crazy and whoops his butt im sure it won't be super overwhelming but I hope he really shows how much he has grown.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I honestly don't see how Gon and Killue will be able to handle her (it's a girl right?). She scared Netero so wtf.

*hasn't read the manga*

Probably has something to do with the Super Saiyan Gon from the opening (I mean the villain is basically Cell.) Hope it isn't that big a cop-out though.

ixWG7cSD3BO9p.gif

Raxus

This episode REALLY makes me hope they animate the final arc. Finally more Netero next episode!

*hasn't read the manga*

Probably has something to do with the Super Saiyan Gon from the opening (I mean the villain is basically Cell.) Hope it isn't that big a cop-out though.

ixWG7cSD3BO9p.gif
159.gif

Closest thing I can do to instill confidence without going into spoilers.

Moaradin

This episode reminded me why I love Hunter so much. Such unique and crazy nen abilities. I love every time this show explains them in detail as well.

Hope we get to see some big royal guard fights soon though. They have been hyping them up for so long now.

Shouta

It's the cleanest explanation as to why many ants with feminine appearances keep getting male pronouns.

It also is shown a few eps back with the Zarbon expy. Couldn't make soldier ants like the queen so the poison created some kind of abomination of living creatures. If I'm remembering correctly.

Akainu

Reason I hated GI was because nen wasn't a big part of the combat. It was all about fucking spell cards. They dropped the nen concept so fast when Togashi bit it up so well in Heavens Arena and Yorkshin. And after that spell cards will never have another part in the hxh universe again. It was stupid
What? The whole greed island arc was one big nen training session.

Erigu

It's the cleanest explanation as to why many ants with feminine appearances keep getting male pronouns.
I don't remember that happening in Japanese. Neferpitou got a male pronoun once, but that was in the official guide, not in the series itself.

Erigu

Boku is usually a masculine pronoun. Mostly males use it or girls that are trying to be a bit boy-ish. Regardless, it's a male-related word.
Yes, but like you said, "usually", "mostly", etc, hence "doesn't necessarily mean much of anything". You can't actually confirm the character's gender using that.
The "kare" in the guidebook, on the other hand... But that's if you trust the guidebook, naturally.

Shouta

Yes, but like you said, "usually", "mostly", etc, hence "doesn't necessarily mean much of anything". You can't actually confirm the character's gender using that.
The "kare" in the guidebook, on the other hand... But that's if you trust the guidebook, naturally.

But considering the nature of ants and the fact that Boku implies a masculine personal identity, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that all signs lead to Pitou being male.

I hate to bring up the manga in this case as this is the anime thread but Pitou is drawn more in manner that indicates male. The anime's design is more feminine for whatever reason.

The Boat

OK folks, so I only watched the original anime, didn't even watch the OVAs (I think), should I start watching this from the beginning or pick up from somewhere? It already passed the original right?

Shouta

OK folks, so I only watched the original anime, didn't even watch the OVAs (I think), should I start watching this from the beginning or pick up from somewhere? It already passed the original right?

If you haven't seen it in awhile, then watching from the beginning ain't too bad. If you're not interested in watching from the start, then start with Greed Island. Or finish the York Shin arc if you didn't even watch those amazing OVAs.

The Boat

If you haven't seen it in awhile, then watching from the beginning ain't too bad. If you're not interested in watching from the start, then start with Greed Island. Or finish the York Shin arc if you didn't even watch those amazing OVAs.

I read part of the manga a while back so I don't really feel like watching that all over again, unless it's really worth it for some reason. I take it it's better to watch the OVAs than the corresponding part in the new anime?

Top Bottom