• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Shouta

I read part of the manga a while back so I don't really feel like watching that all over again, unless it's really worth it for some reason. I take it it's better to watch the OVAs than the corresponding part in the new anime?

Starting with Greed Island, is where you have to watch the new anime. It's far better in this version than the OVAs put out for them.

If you never saw the OVAs that finished the York Shin arc, then you can watch the OVAs to finish it off or the corresponding episodes in the new TV series to finish it off before going to Greed Island.

The Boat

Starting with Greed Island, is where you have to watch the new anime. It's far better in this version than the OVAs put out for them.

If you never saw the OVAs that finished the York Shin arc, then you can watch the OVAs to finish it off or the corresponding episodes in the new TV series to finish it off before going to Greed Island.

I shall do just that. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Except not boring.

The first five minutes and the last five minutes were quite good. The whole darts business took far too long and really made for a rather boring way of putting Killua in a situation where his new friend could help him out.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I like them if there's a sense of purpose to them. This episode spent the first half explaining how the power worked and then spent the other half explaining how Killua overcame it. Far too much exposition.

Erigu

But considering the nature of ants and the fact that Boku implies a masculine personal identity, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say that all signs lead to Pitou being male.
I don't know about "all signs" (for Pitou's "boku", you would also have, say, the recent bat's "atashi"... and another (non-queen) ant is called "onna" by one of its kin), but the possibility is definitely there, anyway.

I hate to bring up the manga in this case as this is the anime thread but Pitou is drawn more in manner that indicates male.
Considering the debate began before the TV series (and for what other reason than said design?), I don't know that everybody would agree about that one...
Speaking of debated genders, there would also be Kalluto... And even Kurapika, in fact. Just when you thought it was perfectly safe to assume he was male, the official site for the recent movie corrected itself (?) after very briefly calling the character a "man", and went for something neutral instead. Damn.

Jigolo

I love that how they showed how much rage Gon has built up against the ants. From when Kite had to tell him to show no mercy against the catipillar ant and now to now where he's ready to fuck the lizard up at any moments notice.

Dem eyes. Gon can finally flip the switch like Killua.

vareon

What? The whole greed island arc was one big nen training session.

I sometimes consider the entire HxH before Chimera Ant was a giant training arc and this arc is when Gon and Killua actually, you know, hunt.

Though of course a "hunter" in this series can mean many thing.

upandaway

I love that how they showed how much rage Gon has built up against the ants. From when Kite had to tell him to show no mercy against the catipillar ant and now to now where he's ready to fuck the lizard up at any moments notice.

Yeah I love how he's still completely normal (not even killing ants still), it makes that one moment even more pronounced than if Gon was raging or sad all the time.

Noticed this too, can't wait to see the inevitable fight with Pitou

FluxWaveZ

Episode 102

Mysterious girl
gonna start destroying people with her manipulator Nen board game abilities.

Not. From the credits hinting it was a new significant character, I initially thought she was going to turn out to be that weird miniature baby they found in the dead queen, but that's probably not who it is.

Einhander

Hunter X Hunter 102

No action this week. I can tell
Komugi is going to (unintentionally?) pull at Meruem's heartstrings.

I don't know if this was an intended reference, but did
Togashi base Meleoron's God's Alibi off of Guldo's Time Freeze from DBZ?
I know Togashi is known to reference DBZ in character designs and story.

fertygo

For some reason, the new character introduction hype me..

Its seem, She gonna add new dynamic for the King character

LogicStep

So how is that girl going to affect the king? Does she have nen abilities that will make her win the game? Because she's blind she won't be scared of him and that will throw him off? Really wonder what's going to happen. Cool abilities for Meleoron.

Jigolo

Fucking love the design if mereum, the color scheme with the purple eyes just fit so well.

That said, fucking Netero powering up just got Mr unbelievable hyped. King vs Netero is my second most anticipated fight of the whole series.

Number 1 is Hisoka vs Chrollo but :(. That might never happen. Togashi needs to start writing again ffs

bigkrev

Next week, on Hikaru no Go...

I guess that character isn't some fusion of Gon and Killua, just really bad Togashi design.

upandaway

I love this part with the King destroying board players, his eyes are crazy. Every word he says is great too.

Meleoron's ability introduction too, it really needed the full slow reveal. Such a crazy ability. And he's a great guy too.

Also now that we officially saw it, I can answer this:
Just watched the episode.

But, I'm wondering something:

Who was the person with that enormous En, and which Killua avoided in the forest? Netero?
Yep. (and that wasn't En, probably Ten or Ren, Ten would be more badass)

Jigolo

I wonder what type of nen user Netero is. No I'm not asking for spoilers from the manga readers just speculation from anime viewers.

I just get the feeling he's an enhancer like Gon and Uvo because of the way his "love" fighting clothes looks and the way he moved when he was playing keep away from Gon and Killua.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder what type of nen user Netero is. No I'm not asking for spoilers from the manga readers just speculation from anime viewers.

I just get the feeling he's an enhancer like Gon and Uvo because of the way his "love" fighting clothes looks and the way he moved when he was playing keep away from Gon and Killua.

Going by the personality stuff related to Nen types, which has seemed pretty accurate thus far, he's probably an enhancer or an emitter. Leaning towards enhancer.

Brutalx2

Well...2 episodes that was pretty much EPIC ! The way they made the king is so good!
Let me tell you this, Gon talking to this chameleon guy and saying:"i will probably kill you" with that creepy look...gave me chills! There is nothing bad you can say about Killua either he's just that awesome !

Kecleon is a pretty dull character but at least he gave a nice moment for Gon to reflect on how he can get his way with Killua.

Movie still looks good
tumblr_mvf6w8V20D1sn6k4fo1_1280.png

Moaradin

Hope so too. They've been hyping up the Netero vs. King fight for a while now. Same with Gon vs. Neferpitou and the other Royal Guards.

That movie can't be canon right? Hisoka, Leorio and Kurapika all haven't shown up in a while.

G.ZZZ

Hope so too. They've been hyping up the Netero vs. King fight for a while now. Same with Gon vs. Neferpitou and the other Royal Guards.

That movie can't be canon right? Hisoka, Leorio and Kurapika all haven't shown up in a while.

It's not i can tell that for sure.

Moaradin

If it's totally new stuff then I'll probably watch it. Even if it doesn't follow the manga. Didn't watch the Phantom Troupe movie because it just seemed like a quick recap of stuff that already happened on the show.

With the way they had framed the current ending, I definitely thought that
the blind girl was the (male) human whose memories/personality the king had "inherited". On that matter, it never really made sense to me how some ants "remember who they were" as humans because I thought they were made from a composite of multiple animals and humans.

Like, there's only a few cases where it seems there was one human eaten to make that soldier. I would have expected them to have a mix of confusing feelings or memories from multiple people, especially with the less-nutritious non-Nen users.

Maybe there's no real logic behind it, like how the queen had somehow gotten her hands on penguin meat.

If it's totally new stuff then I'll probably watch it. Even if it doesn't follow the manga. Didn't watch the Phantom Troupe movie because it just seemed like a quick recap of stuff that already happened on the show.

Was a totally different story

EDIT: Feels like it took place after The Troupe arc but it did borrow some of the inner conflict Killua is going thru in the Chimera Ant arc

Top Bottom