• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, the opening for this arc literally spoiled everything from the first ep it aired. The only thing this ending spoils is that there's some new white haired character eventually, and one of the red Royal Guard guy's forms.

Brutalx2

Episode 99

Really good episode! we're getting closer and closer to the climax :p
Gon was such a bad ass! you can see his much more smarter and stronger !

About the ending: just...bad ! really irrelevant to the episode !

GaussTek

Just watched the episode.

But, I'm wondering something:

Who was the person with that enormous En, and which Killua avoided in the forest? Netero?

Just watched the episode.

But, I'm wondering something:

Who was the person with that enormous En, and which Killua avoided in the forest? Netero?

Probably Mereum but maybe it was the Lion guy who was taken in by the royal guard and trained? We'll find out next week.

GaussTek

Ahh alright, thanks guys!

So it's aura. Got confused with Neferpitou's En form/shape when they showed it up a few episodes ago.

Pretty uneventful episode personally, Gon fighting random fodder and struggling was another moment of Togashi having an awkward bad writing moment, but at least, and as usual whenever Killua comes on screen they know how to pull me back in and get me so hooked to it, best line ever for him.

so i havent visited this thread much but i watch it via crunchyroll and it seems like it has switched days now. is that good or bad for the series longterm? or is the delay by crunchyroll themselves?

so i havent visited this thread much but i watch it via crunchyroll and it seems like it has switched days now. is that good or bad for the series longterm? or is the delay by crunchyroll themselves?

Crunchyroll has nothing to do with when the series airs in Japan. It moved to a later timeslot most likely because this arc is about to get pretty dark.

but crunchyroll used to have the new episodes on sunday morning or maybe it ended up being late saturday night but now its like tuesday. i was just wondering if they switched days or whats up. i got use to watching it on the weekend

but crunchyroll used to have the new episodes on sunday morning or maybe it ended up being late saturday night but now its like tuesday. i was just wondering if they switched days or whats up. i got use to watching it on the weekend

Crunchyroll has nothing to do with the scheduling of HxH. An executive at Nippon Television in Japan made the scheduling decision to put the show in a later timeslot on Tuesdays. Crunchyroll is just a streaming service.

Peco

Hunter x Hunter 1-85 (burned in 4 days)

:lol:lol:lol, Chimera Ant arc is nothing like the previous ones, I feel like watching a whole different anime now. So good, hopefully they'll maintain this kind of quality for the next episodes (this arc is pretty huge in the manga, so).

bigkrev

Episode 99

Well, new credit song is infinatly better than the last one. Also, whoever that new character is looks like Gon and Killua preformed the fusion dance, and then preformed it again with Anakin Skywalker at the end of episode 1. Just looks fucking dumb.

upandaway

Great stuff, I was a bit worried they'd use a bit of a slower pace for the Killua party (because of all the exposition) but it went blazingly fast. Killua is so good you guys. It's crazy. I love this part of the arc (it's probably the part I most easily think about when I think of the arc in general).

That monkey fight, oh god. Imagine how this episode would go if he still had the needle!

(manga spoilers)
Yeah, the opening for this arc literally spoiled everything from the first ep it aired. The only thing this ending spoils is that there's some new white haired character eventually, and one of the red Royal Guard guy's forms.
It's not really that it spoils things, but
that it will spoil things the second that Komugi appears, it changes the context of her meeting with the King.
The second time around, I also noticed it spoils
the fact that Ikarugo and Meleoron will be joining the good guys, and that Knuckle and Meleoron will work together.
I just caught it off the corner of my eye so there might be more, dunno. It's not things that are big surprises or anything but it colors them differently when they'll actually happen.

Soriku

Awesome episode. Good fights this ep with Killua.

Episode preview:
He seems to be getting rocked the next one though >_<

tumblr_muq7eoMz1x1sohzu5o1_400.gif

I dont understand why he likes to make Killua go through so many trials and tribulations crossing great distances even, these arcs but its getting extremely annoying for me. Why cant Killua ever be fully safe and such
being blasted, going through excessive bleeding, emotionally crushed this arc, and then pushed to side on the romance aspect of the series, he just cant get any break at all
. Oh well, highly good for us Killua fans.

CrazyDude

tumblr_muq7eoMz1x1sohzu5o1_400.gif

I dont understand why he likes to make Killua go through so many trials and tribulations crossing great distances even, these arcs but its getting extremely annoying for me. Why cant Killua ever be fully safe and such
being blasted, going through excessive bleeding, emotionally crushed this arc, and then pushed to side on the romance aspect of the series, he just cant get any break at all
. Oh well, highly good for us Killua fans.

What romance aspect?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Making Killua go through trials shows off how badass he really is. If it was all just easy street he'd be a lame character.

bigkrev

What the hell is DTL?

tumblr_mabhqeV1Fs1qaeynmo1_500.jpg

Episode 100

Was going to bitch about sniper dude being the worlds laziest design for an Ant right before the ending of the episode. Also, I know its to show how hard he was working, but please, you can stop making Killua so sweaty all the time. It looks so strange.

Brutalx2

Episode 100

Was going to bitch about sniper dude being the worlds laziest design for an Ant right before the ending of the episode. Also, I know its to show how hard he was working, but please, you can stop making Killua so sweaty all the time. It looks so strange.

I was gonna say the same thing...he's sweaty in a really disturbing way!

Anyway...The episode was amazing! I like how gon was so offensive against that chameleon guy, Furthermore the switch between Assassin and normal mode for killua always creep the shit out of me!

Rootbeer

Banned
What romance aspect?

tumblr_mttmwu8PDp1stvuwto3_250.gif

I'm sure he meant Palm x Gon though... right? :p

I stand by my earlier comment that the animation seems to have degraded in quality in recent episodes... something seems a little off about it. The characters look different in a lot of the action parts, especially Killua.

Anyway, good ep, always liked that battle scene in the jungle in the manga. Had some of the busiest pages in the entire run.

LogicStep

Ep 100 was sick. Can't wait to see more. It's amazing how this show keeps such a high level of animation quality all around since the start.

tumblr_mttmwu8PDp1stvuwto3_250.gif

I'm sure he meant Palm x Gon though... right? :p

I stand by my earlier comment that the animation seems to have degraded in quality in recent episodes... something seems a little off about it. The characters look different in a lot of the action parts, especially Killua.

Anyway, good ep, always liked that battle scene in the jungle in the manga. Had some of the busiest pages in the entire run.

A gif of two adolescent boys kissing? What is this, I don't even...

The whole flea gun thing was kind of dumb. If Killua had kept moving instead of standing in one spot like an idiot, the chimera ant in the air wouldn't have had enough time to relay his exact coordinates to Ikalgo. Killua said he need to conserve his strength but if he hadn't let himself get him 4 times in the first place, that probably wouldn't have been an issue. Yes, it led led him to Ikalgo's location but he's losing too much blood.

Also WTF at that ending?
A parasitic Octopus with a gun? Now I've seen everything.

PG2G

The whole flea gun thing was kind of dumb. If Killua had kept moving instead of standing in one spot like an idiot, the chimera ant in the air wouldn't have had enough time to relay his exact coordinates to Ikalgo. Killua said he need to conserve his strength but if he hadn't let himself get him 4 times in the first place, that probably wouldn't have been an issue. Yes, it led led him to Ikalgo's location but he's losing too much blood.

Also WTF at that ending?

He can't move around forever though, he had been moving for how many days straight? If he couldn't have determined his location he would have to move until he had no more energy.

He can't move around forever though, he had been moving for how many days straight? If he couldn't have determined his location he would have to move until he had no more energy.

He got hit for or five times, he could have easily determined the location after the first or second shot.

upandaway

Also WTF at that ending?
The first bullet to hit Killua hit him while he was moving, if you remember. It's not impossible that they have a way to communicate vectors. It takes a long time to load a shot, but he can adjust the aim at the very last second.

The first bullet to hit Killua hit him while he was moving, if you remember. It's not impossible that they have a way to communicate vectors. It takes a long time to load a shot, but he can adjust the aim at the very last second.

Okay but in the next scene you hear Leol's subordinate relaying a very long set of pinpoint coordinates before Ikalgo fires, so which one is it? It doesn't make sense to me, he would need the target to be still to hit from that distance.

Rootbeer

Banned
A gif of two adolescent boys kissing? What is this, I don't even...

it's from the show, the openings of the first arc had some wacky stuff like this. possibly trying to appeal to a certain segment of the fandom. females, I assume... or want to assume? :p

Killua is such a Gary Sue.

Hadn't thought of it like that, but could well be true, especially once we get into arc two and afterwards he gets more than his share of the limelight and seems overly awesome at everything he is faced with. I'm okay with it though :p

upandaway

Okay but in the next scene you hear Leol's subordinate relaying a very long set of pinpoint coordinates before Ikalgo fires, so which one is it? It doesn't make sense to me, he would need the target to be still to hit from that distance.
That's only what he said when Killua was standing still (and we don't know that they were all point coordinates). And if it helps you any, in the manga there wasn't any sign that telepathy is as slow a communication method as normal speech, it could be more instantaneous. In any case, he's clearly capable of hitting Killua while he's moving, doesn't really matter how (it's not like it's logically impossible).

FluxWaveZ

Started watching this series about a week ago and I've now caught up. I feel bad knowing that I now have to wait a week for new episodes.

I love this show. I might say that the current arc is the weakest for me compared to the others, but its brutality makes up for it.

Top Bottom