• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

kirblar

I wonder if he eventually finds a loophole one day and can "undo" the conditions he set on himself without losing all of his nen.
You can undo your own stuff under most circumstances without a problem. Kurapika needed max power and couldn't afford to take time to train, so he gave himself harsh restrictions to boost his abilities.

upandaway

You can undo your own stuff under most circumstances without a problem. Kurapika needed max power and couldn't afford to take time to train, so he gave himself harsh restrictions to boost his abilities.
I wouldn't really call it "undo" a condition, and Kurapika didn't do anything differently. He gave himself a condition just like anyone else - a condition is just something you swear to as proof of your resolution, and if you break it (or more importantly, mentally acknowledge that you broke it) you lose that boost + more due to the fact you proved that you can't back up your resolutions. It can be a decrease in power or losing the ability completely. After Kurapika already made his ability, he used Judgement Chain to set the same condition on himself again with the repercussion of death, which gave a bigger boost than if he just swore to it.
It's basically all just a mental game with yourself, there's no hard-coded "condition" functionality to nen or something.

Using a nen exorcist would remove the chain, but Kurapika still swore the original condition regardless, so he won't get out of it just like that. No clue if removing the chain means he'll just lose the boost from the death rule (but then he still has to obey the original condition), or if it'll be treated like breaking the condition clean, though.. considering Kurapika already knew about nen removal when he made his ability, it's probably the latter.

Nibel

This continues to be my current favorite anime (okay I just watch this one :lol) and this episode is another reason why

When the girl explained her hesitation and the music kicks in =
p0QHO.gif

This continues to be my current favorite anime (okay I just watch this one :lol) and this episode is another reason why

p0QHO.gif

Everything about this anime is awesome. I wonder if the King wins will he actually kill her like everyone else? I don't think she will die though.

fertygo

p0QHO.gif

Yeah I love the girl and King dynamic.

This is just my speculation but I tag it just in case.

All of this end up as irony that make the king cover his weakness somewhere that screw up Netero's plan to beating him.

upandaway

Yeah I love the girl and King dynamic.

This is just my speculation but I tag it just in case.

All of this end up as irony that make the king cover his weakness somewhere that screw up Netero's plan to beating him.
You guys gotta do more of these. It's half the fun of this thread for me. We just have to watch out not to respond to them, should be easy enough.

Man this show is amazing.
Every episode ends with me just wanting more.
Maybe I can go to the future when all of this is released in full.

This episode reminds me of one of the things I love most about HxH in most other shounen series the characters are practically tripping over themselves to explain how their power works, while in this the characters are logically secretive about their abilities and when they do explain its usually a requirement to make said ability work.

This episode reminds me of one of the things I love most about HxH in most other shounen series the characters are practically tripping over themselves to explain how their power works, while in this the characters are logically secretive about their abilities and when they do explain its usually a requirement to make said ability work.

That's a really good point, this show is brilliant

They also usually only explain when the match is over or they think they are going to win. Like when Hisoka and that Double guy battled. Hisoka did not say how his ability worked until the match was a sure win.

It just enforces the notion that Nen power isn't everything, since there are many ways to shut down your enemy. I bet even a weakling like Owl can beat much stronger opponents as long as his enemy doesn't know his power.

It just enforces the notion that Nen power isn't everything, since there are many ways to shut down your enemy. I bet even a weakling like Owl can beat much stronger opponents as long as his enemy doesn't know his power.

Well yeah, Morel even said something to the effect of "If you assume you're stronger than someone else in a nen battle, you have already lost"

I think Akagi is absolutely the greatest anime for epic board game playing I still have no fucking idea on how to play Mahjong but I'd be damned if that wasn't some of the most fun I had watching an anime.

BZN_GgJIIAAoCmr.jpg

It looks pretty nice on PS4...Anyway the episode was pretty boring. I guess I liked Cheetu's part (that laugh while reading the manga was amazing) but it felt like there was wasted potential
and so short, he could have used so many more abilities even
. While the board game was pretty boring. After Killua and darts, this just felt way too slow and less suspenseful. Part of me wishes immensely that it had been Killua playing instead.

CrazyDude

BZN_GgJIIAAoCmr.jpg

It looks pretty nice on PS4...Anyway the episode was pretty boring. I guess I liked Cheetu's part (that laugh while reading the manga was amazing) but it felt like there was wasted potential
and so short, he could have used so many more abilities even
. While the board game was pretty boring. After Killua and darts, this just felt way too slow and less suspenseful. Part of me wishes immensely that it had been Killua playing instead.

You need to get over your killua fetish.

Soriku

Hahaha the Gungi match. All I can say is...

Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

It was one thing into another.

The second half of the episode was almost entirely details/explanations, damn. It was still pretty good though.

Also I just found out Gungi is a made up board game...

smurfx

get some go again
Hahaha the Gungi match. All I can say is...

Meme-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

It was one thing into another.

The second half of the episode was almost entirely details/explanations, damn. It was still pretty good though.

Also I just found out Gungi is a made up board game...
the manga has a lot of that and i'm curious how they will handle it.

Damage done by the Hunter association and main characters to the King: 0
Damage done by a little blind girl to the King:
ripped off arm.

Little girl wins.

I was lukewarm about the Chimera Ant arc at the beggining (only really liked Kite out of the new characters)but the King is fantastic. He started off as a big bad, but they are doing a great job developing his character. I was also lukewarm on the new hunters (and was getting bored of thier powers) but I have grown to love them, especially now that they are showing their true skills.

I couldn't wait for the Chimera Ant arc to be over when all I saw was them pointlessly killing off innocent humans but now I hope it doesn't end so soon!

Nibel

Hunter x Hunter 105

So fucking tense - the girl/king dynamic is incredibly fascinating to watch and the way the whole situation changed from one second to the other was well handled

Also, I love those explanations - there seems to be so much logic and thought put into all of this.. really well done!

I'm missing Gon and Killua though, but expect them to return in the most spectacular fashion

Silh

What is the name of this current end song?
"Hyori Ittai"

I'm missing Gon and Killua though, but expect them to return in the most spectacular fashion
Me too. As much as I've liked these last few episodes, I want my dose of adventures with Killua and Ikalgo, damn it.

Now that they've been gone a while, it's strange. I thought I'd be sick of seeing all this screentime going to Gon and Killua after the Phantom Troupe arc. :C

Another thing I would like to note from this is that the King is magnificently casted that's precisely how I imagined him sounding when I read the manga many moons ago.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I can't wait for next week's episode! I always loved that scene in the manga and can't wait to see how they animate Knov's incoming moment. It truly is a blessing seeing this arc animated especially since I remember reading these chapters with nothing but scribbles.

Top Bottom