• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

The thing is.. everything up until now and what's in store is actually NOT like DBZ in a ton of ways except for ONE thing that is EXACTLY like DBZ or a ton of other shounen anime that set up this situation. It's that one thing that sort of spoils this arc for me compared to previous arcs. I know, I know, no manga spoilers but I think others who have read it know what I'm referring to.

Otherwise, I think this arc really does embody why the fights are not just "tap my inner, hidden strength to beat you," but the villains are so overhyped that you can't ignore the strength difference.

While I agree with you that one thing was really fucking cool to me though mainly because of the buildup, but yeah after the fact I kinda agree though I look forward to seeing it animated

Not anything specific but some may consider it as manga spoiler so you may not wanna highlight.

zero_suit

While I agree with you that one thing was really fucking cool to me though mainly because of the buildup, but yeah after the fact I kinda agree though I look forward to seeing it animated

Not anything specific but some may consider it as manga spoiler so you may not wanna highlight.

What other way could that situation have been resolved?

kirblar

The thing is.. everything up until now and what's in store is actually NOT like DBZ in a ton of ways except for ONE thing that is EXACTLY like DBZ or a ton of other shounen anime that set up this situation. It's that one thing that sort of spoils this arc for me compared to previous arcs. I know, I know, no manga spoilers but I think others who have read it know what I'm referring to.

Otherwise, I think this arc really does embody why the fights are not just "tap my inner, hidden strength to beat you," but the villains are so overhyped that you can't ignore the strength difference.
Could you spoiler text the DBZ thing? (I've read the HxH Manga but couldn't stand DBZ.)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What other way could that situation have been resolved?

Well, no other way with how the world and characters are set up, but in that sense it feels like Togashi wrote himself into a corner.
And it changes how you view future characters as well because then you can't help but sort of rank them. Toriyama faced the same thing when he had to do Buu.

Could you spoiler text the DBZ thing? (I've read the HxH Manga but couldn't stand DBZ.)

Sure, but the two of you that quoted me should just unquote me.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Not in any way that would be satisfactory to the viewers that's for sure.

in any event It think we shouldn't talk anymore about this.

Meh, we've kept it as general as you possibly could.. you'd have to be a fuckin super sleuth to have any idea what we're talkin about. And there's no spoiler thread!! But sure, we'll just wait it out.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
All I want is Gon to rip Pitou's fucking head off. I can wait 50 more episodes as long as that happens.

Brutalx2

Shit is getting real! I love how this girl can make the king to shut up and kind of obey to her!
she made him to recall the wager moreover to rip his left arm off! although i read the manga and know what is going to happen, The anime is becoming stressful !

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 10
you know, for a episode that literally just the people waiting around doing nothing, it was pretty damn exciting.

Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 10
you know, for a episode that literally just the people waiting around doing nothing, it was pretty damn exciting.

Episode 10? I had to see which one was that.

Oh yep, Trick tower, betting if they guy is unconscious or faking it. Good one!

The betting time system is genius.

I'm really enjoying the show so far. Marathoned it to the then current episode of 102 a month back. Now that I'm watching it weekly, I feel as though not much is happening in the past few episodes. King and that girl still playing Gungi, (though for some reason I find those segments highly entertaining), Netero still powering up. I don't know, it kind of feels like it's just dragging along but I could be wrong and we may have some action and the eventual meetup between King and Netero in the next few episodes.

Jigolo

Sorry for the double post.

HxH 106

The first half of the episode was so tense.

I was just waiting for an ant to come out and find Knov. I really expected it to be Shaiapouf but luckily for him it was just a soldier ant. Knov letting his emotions get the best of him was a sight to behold. It makes me wonder who aura exactly that was seeping to the 1st floor. I feel bad for Palm.... I can forsee her end coming :(((.

This episode made it painfully clear how powerful the Royal Guards/ King is.

FluxWaveZ

It makes me wonder who aura exactly that was seeping to the 1st floor. I feel bad for Palm.... I can forsee her end coming :(((.

Pretty sure it was the cat's since his thoughts related to Gon and Killua.

Dude's pretty much out of commission mentally, which was pretty sad to see.

Seems like next episode's gonna be the return of Killua, finally.

Linkhero1

Just started watching this. I'm four episodes in and enjoying it quite a bit. I haven't seen the original so I can't tell how crappy the first season is but I've heard lots of complaints about the first few episodes. Anyways, I'm going to bailout before I accidentally spoil the show for myself.

upandaway

That first half... not good for my heart, man. That was crazy.

Sorry for the double post.

HxH 106

The first half of the episode was so tense.

I was just waiting for an ant to come out and find Knov. I really expected it to be Shaiapouf but luckily for him it was just a soldier ant. Knov letting his emotions get the best of him was a sight to behold. It makes me wonder who aura exactly that was seeping to the 1st floor. I feel bad for Palm.... I can forsee her end coming :(((.

This episode made it painfully clear how powerful the Royal Guards/ King is.
They already said it, the aura was Pouf's. He's the one replacing Pitou on En duty.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm really enjoying the show so far. Marathoned it to the then current episode of 102 a month back. Now that I'm watching it weekly, I feel as though not much is happening in the past few episodes. King and that girl still playing Gungi, (though for some reason I find those segments highly entertaining), Netero still powering up. I don't know, it kind of feels like it's just dragging along but I could be wrong and we may have some action and the eventual meetup between King and Netero in the next few episodes.

Definitely can relate, I marathoned it up till episode 70something. Having 102 episodes would have been much better :p

Recommend reading the manga if you find the wait between eps unbearable.

There's another English volume releasing soon too.

Yonafunu

Recommend reading the manga if you find the wait between eps unbearable.

There's another English volume releasing soon too.

I'd actually say sticking to the anime for now would be preferable. That way you'll at least have some Hunter X Hunter to look forward to until they reach the 'end'. The anime wait is definitely preferable to the manga wait imo.

Well after hitting rock bottom the preview at least highly suggested were that Togashi has finally got his touch back with material that will no doubt be a masterpiece. How exciting it was to see immediately following the distressing and anguished scene of Knov. Im hyped.
Hopefully Killua can destroy these ants easily now

Jigolo

I wonder if Knov will chicken out when it comes to the inevitable battle between him and Morel v Shaiapouf. I doubt he will since Morel will be there with him but honestly I have no idea what's going to happen in that match.

Soriku

Damn
Knov's breakdown.
That was sad.

Just wondering, can Pitou reanimate someone dead and make them use their Nen? Because if that was possible, even if Palm killed herself if she was caught, that wouldn't be good enough...

I wonder if Knov will chicken out when it comes to the inevitable battle between him and Morel v Shaiapouf. I doubt he will since Morel will be there with him but honestly I have no idea what's going to happen in that match.
He'll probably pussy out, he was pretty shattered confidence wise this episode.

upandaway

Yes, she can. The only reason Kite wasn't able to use his Nen when Gon sees him is because Knuckle had used Hakoware on him previously.
It's worth mentioning that Pitou can command manipulated people to use Nen (that's how the election was performed), but only when they're alive.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
God damn this episode, man. This episode. One of my favorite chapters from this arc in the manga was beautifully animated. Knov's mental breakdown was too good just like it was in the manga if not better because of the voice acting. Just goes to show that everyone other than him have the strong resolve to face these overpowered enemies that stand in their way.

Loved this week's episode.

I thought it was the nen effect. He's not a known coward is he?
He's not a coward but Knov was able to sense just how powerful the King and royal guard are. You have to remember that this is the first time he has come in contact with their En, he didn't know they were this strong.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I imagine Knov being like Killua (pre-Illumi's manipulation) where he won't go near an enemy if he doesn't think he can win. It reminded me of the scene where Wing shows Killua his deadly aura and Killua reacts by running away from it.

AB12

Togashi needs to come back, or else we are going to have HxH 2021. At this pace the Anime will catch up the the manga.

fertygo

Damn that Knov's breakdown was so heavy, he probably knew he got the shittiest job among all really made me pity him badly.

There's also the pressure of the entire mission's success on him. If he screws up, not only will it be impossible for them to infiltrate the palace, there's also the possibility of ants using his power and knowledge of the entire team.

Raxus

He's not a coward but Knov was able to sense just how powerful the King and royal guard are. You have to remember that this is the first time he has come in contact with their En, he didn't know they were this strong.
I am a little disappointed considering how strong I built them up in my head. Morel fight is pretty hype though.

Finally we get back to Killua and the SQUIIIIIIIID!

shira

Well Gon, Kilua, and Kite didn't break down and they had direct contact. I guess Knuckles and Shoot are fucked

Jigolo

The mission, the fact that they were more powerful, all coupled with the fact that he would have probably got tortured is what really got to him. That Pitou drawing lol.

Just imagine something like what happened to archer boy happening to Knov. Oh man..

Well Gon, Kilua, and Kite didn't break down and they had direct contact. I guess Knuckles and Shoot are fucked

Well Killiua was certainly afraid, Kite really had no choice but to buck up and fight when Pitou's first act was to pop in front of him and cut his arm off, and Gon's is honestly just naive and kinda dumb. Sure he showed courage but at the point where they met Pitou, he would have been crushed like an bug and probably would have realized his folly as he watched himself being ripped apart. And at that point, the 3 really only knew about Pitou's aura. Knov knows that Pitou now is just one of 3 guards and one king that is severely more powerful. That's a hell of a lot of pressure.

Yonafunu

Well Killiua was certainly afraid, Kite really had no choice but to buck up and fight when Pitou's first act was to pop in front of him and cut his arm off, and Gon's is honestly just naive and kinda dumb. Sure he showed courage but at the point where they met Pitou, he would have been crushed like an bug and probably would have realized his folly as he watched himself being ripped apart. And at that point, the 3 really only knew about Pitou's aura. Knov knows that Pitou now is just one of 3 guards and one king that is severely more powerful. That's a hell of a lot of pressure.

Not to mention that Knov knows what Pitou is capable of, with what they did to Kite.

Top Bottom