• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

This movie doesn't really seems to make sense within the series continuity, just like the first one.

Also, as Soriku said, the villain looks totally generic :(

Rootbeer

Banned
They haven't even confronted the King yet

How is it any different than watching on PS3? Just curious.
Never tried watching on a PS3, sorry. It was very fast and easy to navigate though. Video quality looked as good as on my PC, but I have a hard time telling the difference between 720p and 1080p streams of anime on the 24" screen I use, so not sure exactly which it was.

New Last Mission trailer

Eh…

A forewarning: it very briefly shows an upcoming character from the next arc.
I like. I think this will be better than the first one. Like I said about the last film, I'm just happy we're getting some more stories in this universe since the manga sure isn't delivering these days.

The last one had a killer soundtrack too (which they subsequently started sampling for the show). Hoping this one has a unique soundtrack as well.

upandaway

That was a tense as hell episode. Pretty much every second with the King is a second I can't breathe in (his voice is something fierce too), and then the stuff with Knov when you know that he's mentally ready for Pitou's nutso En to come back and envelop him in any given second. It's enough for a heart attack.

Talents

Banned
With the rate this is going I can't see how anyone will be able to beat the King. I mean, Kite got wrecked by one of the Royal Guards, and I thought Kite was some unstoppable beast. The only possible way I could see the King being beaten is if someone who's hyped up to be totally OP comes along like Ging. Even Netero said he couldn't beat one of the Royal Guards.

Got caught up yesterday. It was great as a reminder because I had completely forgotten how Meleoron and Ikalgo changed sides or how Palm even got involved with the future events.

Also, I still really like the King's and Komugi's relationship.

New Last Mission trailer

Eh…

A forewarning: it very briefly shows an upcoming character from the next arc.

What's the story for this movie? Obviously impossible for it to be canon for multiple reasons, but hey more Kurapica and Leorio whom we haven't seen much of in forever
including in the manga

Jigolo

So are these movies original productions from Madhouse? Because if they are, I wouldn't mind they make up the rest of the series after the animate the arc after Chimera Ant. I wouldn't be against them going the FMA route since Togashi will probably never write again

So are these movies original productions from Madhouse? Because if they are, I wouldn't mind they make up the rest of the series after the animate the arc after Chimera Ant. I wouldn't be against them going the FMA route since Togashi will probably never write again
Togashi will finish the manga brah. Have faith. Togashi is a man of many art forms. Right now he is abandoning the manga like Ging abandoned Gon. Its a social commentary.

With the rate this is going I can't see how anyone will be able to beat the King. I mean, Kite got wrecked by one of the Royal Guards, and I thought Kite was some unstoppable beast. The only possible way I could see the King being beaten is if someone who's hyped up to be totally OP comes along like Ging. Even Netero said he couldn't beat one of the Royal Guards.
Netero didnt say he couldn't beat one, I think he said he'd have a tough time though

Erigu

So are these movies original productions from Madhouse? Because if they are, I wouldn't mind they make up the rest of the series after the animate the arc after Chimera Ant.
Are you serious? Whenever Madhouse writes some original material, it's fucking awful.

ZoddGutts

Are you serious? Whenever Madhouse writes some original material, it's fucking awful.

Yeah, I'll be awful like Rurouni Kenshin and get cancelled. Rather have them take the OVA series approach, whenever there's enough material they'll do an OVA series, sorta how the first series did.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Watched 7 episodes so far and have liked it, it also is completely different then YHH and share extremely few similarities except for clowns, I will say this but Gon seems pretty OP already, not that thats a bad thing, but he's already running and doing stuff at super sonic speeds and everything.
Also just how powerful do people get in the show? I have a hard time imagining stuff on a DBZ level, maybe not even the level with yusuke getting his demon powers simply because I know nothing about the show and doesnt seem to have that reputation.

FluxWaveZ

Ha, Gon's definitely no longer OP once the Hunter exams start.

And characters don't really go DBZ powerful ever. There is one scene I can recall in the Phantom Troupe arc where things went a bit nuts, but most fights are resolved through logic and trying to outsmart the opponent, not through sheer power.

Togashi is NOT done. Have faith.

I don't doubt that Togashi will give the manga a proper ending someday. But the anime will catch up with the latest arc in the manga a long time before a real ending can happen, that's for sure.

For me, they can just end the anime at the
election arc, without making too many references to the next arc
, it gives some "closure" for the storyline.

While the current hiatus is lasting for a long time, it's almost harmless compared with the ones in the middle of the Chimera Ant saga.

Mrcapcom

When does the new movie come out?

Latest episode was cool I like how it changed up from the Gungi game. Im like ready for the little girl to do some old crazy aura and kill the king or something other than snot lol I still like her though

kirblar

I don't doubt that Togashi will give the manga a proper ending someday. But the anime will catch up with the latest arc in the manga a long time before a real ending can happen, that's for sure.

For me, they can just end the anime at the
election arc, without making too many references to the next arc
, it gives some "closure" for the storyline.

While the current hiatus is lasting for a long time, it's almost harmless compared with the ones in the middle of the Chimera Ant saga.
The Top of the World Tree is the perfect place to end at. Really felt like it was a series ending chapter....and then we got the troll first chapter of the next arc.

LogicStep

Netero didnt say he couldn't beat one, I think he said he'd have a tough time though

There was this one scene before the King was born and he was spying from a distant and saw Pitou and said something along the line of 'Eh is that thing stronger than me?'

I believe he said that Pitou IS stronger than him, that's as far as aura goes though. Like Morel said, the amount of aura doesn't determine who will win in a nen fight.

tyranid5

Neo Member
There was this one scene before the King was born and he was spying from a distant and saw Pitou and said something along the line of 'Eh is that thing stronger than me?'

I believe he said that Pitou IS stronger than him, that's as far as aura goes though. Like Morel said, the amount of aura doesn't determine who will win in a nen fight.

^These. But Pitou's forte is aura. Like her
en is a good indicator
. Nen fights end up being a lot about information and having the jump on people. Like how
Kite was put at a disadvantage in his fight against Pitou because he couldn't react quick enough, though yes, Gon and Killua held him back and cost him big time

kirblar

anyone have a rough estimation as to how many episodes are left of this arc at this pace?
It depends how they pace it, but we still have a ways to go. They've been good about not pulling a Bleach and dragging fights out unnecessarily though.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I think people who haven't read the manga are getting a tad bit impatient with all this low level ant nonsense but yo.. shit's about to get crazy.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think people who haven't read the manga are getting a tad bit impatient with all this low level ant nonsense but yo.. shit's about to get crazy.

I've been impatient for like the last 20 episodes. The Chimera ant arch has gone on waaaay too long. Also, I miss Leorio and Kurapika. I'm getting massive Killua overexposure and Gon hasn't had any character development in aaaages.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I've been impatient for like the last 20 episodes. The Chimera ant arch has gone on waaaay too long. Also, I miss Leorio and Kurapika. I'm getting massive Killua overexposure and Gon hasn't had any character development in aaaages.

The truth is, in the grand scheme, those two characters are pretty minor. They had their moments to shine. The following arc introduces so many fackin characters there isn't even enough space for old ones. I'll admit I have a sort of soft spot for Leorio..he embodied every sidekick anime character trope for me back in the 90s..

As others have said, we still have a bit to go with this one, the payoff will be worth it, though hmm.. maybe not in character development.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The truth is, in the grand scheme, those two characters are pretty minor. They had their moments to shine. The following arc introduces so many fackin characters there isn't even enough space for old ones. I'll admit I have a sort of soft spot for Leorio..he embodied every sidekick anime character trope for me back in the 90s..

As others have said, we still have a bit to go with this one.

I don't know why they were minor, though - they had great interactions with Gon. The Chimera ant arc has introduced so many characters and not really built on any of them, or spread out the building so narrowly over so many episodes, I'm genuinely struggling to care about any of them.

The way I feel about pre-Ants arc to Ants arc is the same way I feel about Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z. The entire tone of the series seems to have changed and it carries itself in a genuinely different manner. The focus on characterization that made it so different from an awful lot of shounen is gone, the balance between quirky and dark has turned to just dark, the pacing has gone from delightfully speedy to One Piece-esque, it's just... I don't know. I stay watching because the animation remains, thankfully, so damn good, but the Chimera Ants arc is my least favourite by a long way.

Its always interesting to me how different ones view can be on things as I personally find Chimera Ant arc to be the best of the bunch so far even though I absolutely love all the other arcs before it, I feel the change of tone was done to give the viewers the idea that this is some really serious shit taking place here and we already got somewhat of glance of it in the Yorkshin City arc.

Maybe it is because I have already read the manga and know exactly how things will play out but I am just love the various dynamics in this arc and it doesn't remind of a DB to DBZ situation at all, which I also hated.

I'm an expert

The thing is.. everything up until now and what's in store is actually NOT like DBZ in a ton of ways except for ONE thing that is EXACTLY like DBZ or a ton of other shounen anime that set up this situation. It's that one thing that sort of spoils this arc for me compared to previous arcs. I know, I know, no manga spoilers but I think others who have read it know what I'm referring to.

Otherwise, I think this arc really does embody why the fights are not just "tap my inner, hidden strength to beat you," but the villains are so overhyped that you can't ignore the strength difference.

Top Bottom