• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

RoyalFool

Banned
how was the pacing this episode? any big fights yet or shall I put it on the "to watch when something fucking happens" list alongside the last 2 episodes?

Jigolo

how was the pacing this episode? any big fights yet or shall I put it on the "to watch when something fucking happens" list alongside the last 2 episodes?

You've been asking this question for a while now. My suggestion would be to wait. Maybe keep 1 month worth of episodes before watching them if you think the pacing is horrible.

I personally don't think the pacing is bad at all. The exception so far being that episode that mainly revolved around Meleron (114?).

Wiseblade

This 3 minutes stuff is why I rate CA so poorly among arcs in the series. There are cool moments for sure, but everything feels so dragged out. The change in narration style doesn't help either, especially in this adaptation where I have to sit through every exposition flashback. At this point I'm largely watching so I know what people are reacting to each week.

FluxWaveZ

Three minutes!? Holy crap, what the hell?

And come on,
Knuckle and Shoot acting like little babies because the big bad man humiliated them.

upandaway

If you think this is going slow you have no idea what it was like following the manga at that time.
KTXOExf.jpg

Blades64

Banned
After such an excellent episode last week, I can't lie and say that I wasn't disappointed in this episode.

Felt like everything was just dragging. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either.

I think we all had to know that this would be a connecting/establishing episode, that's the flow of these things, not really sure why some people are disappointed the pacing was still a lot better than some other recent episodes.

Kyuur

Pacing a bit slow and animation not too great, but I knew it was coming with last week's flawless episode.

Damn if I don't love
how Cheetu's life comes to an end though.

vareon

Some people (mostly not from this forum) kept asking "When is something going to happen, why are they not fighting" as if fighting is the only progression that can happen. After more than 100 episodes of HxH I thought they got the clue.

I liked this episode. Like always, this show keeps me entertained without fighting all the time.

Last week was certainly more intense, but this is the ride. I never felt bored or looked at the clock and wondered "just get to it". I'm loving the journey man. It would suck if died tomorrow though, lol.

Was disappointed though one person was only there for one awesome thing, haha.

Yonafunu

You know, I don't think this arc is any more dragged out than other arcs, it's just longer, with more stuff happening.

Also, I'd say there are about 10-15 episodes left for this arc.

Too much time is wasted in this anime on pointless characters for litrally the fifth week in a row. We didnt care about, Youpi, Shoot, or Knuckle five weeks ago and we certainly dont care now, especially with the main attraction finally getting some screentime.

Explosion visuals did look kind of fantastic.

Erigu

Some people (mostly not from this forum) kept asking "When is something going to happen, why are they not fighting" as if fighting is the only progression that can happen. After more than 100 episodes of HxH I thought they got the clue.
"Chess is only interesting when pieces are taken, dude!"

I do think there are some pacing problems (some stuff you can get away with in comic form and not so much in real time) and I believe the "we have to build up to a climax every 20 minutes, and if that means recapping very recent events or slowing things down, so be it!" format doesn't help at all. Apart from that, I have to agree: everything that happens matters and is (was, when I first read it) interesting to me.

Speak for yourself chum.
Why even bother?

Didn't watch this week episode yet.This arc is kind of dragging on but not to a point where nothing happens, it's still interesting enough. Also, if people are expecting battle + battle + more battle then they sure weren't watching this show.

The Chimera Ant arc will end on the anime and then Togashi will resume serialization
for 10 chapters
. Believe.

Talents

Banned
'3 minutes has passed since the mission began.'
You gotta be shitting me, this is some DBZ level pacing.

Episode was pretty meh in comparison to the past few episodes, loved the scene with Cheetu and Silva though.

Too much time is wasted in this anime on pointless characters for litrally the fifth week in a row. We didnt care about, Youpi, Shoot, or Knuckle five weeks ago and we certainly dont care now, especially with the main attraction finally getting some screentime.

Explosion visuals did look kind of fantastic.

Knuckle's a beast and he's voiced by Wataru Takagi. I don't know what your problem is.

The time elapsed is made more apparent in the manga, and personally I think the anime is executing it fairly well, but a couple things could be cut out. Next week's episode should be pretty cool though, if I remember the manga correctly.

Manga readers

Youpi either transforms or Netro v Meruem starts right?

Einhander

Cheetu's death
was funny. Silva is one tough bastard. Why didn't they instruct Zeno and Silva to assassinate Youpi and Pouf?

Vecks

The time elapsed is made more apparent in the manga, and personally I think the anime is executing it fairly well, but a couple things could be cut out. Next week's episode should be pretty cool though, if I remember the manga correctly.

Manga readers

Youpi either transforms or Netro v Meruem starts right?

It's possible, but so far I feel like the anime doesn't strictly follow the order of the manga.

Riposte

Didn't watch this week episode yet.This arc is kind of dragging on but not to a point where nothing happens, it's still interesting enough. Also, if people are expecting battle + battle + more battle then they sure weren't watching this show.

The Chimera Ant arc will end on the anime and then Togashi will resume serialization
for 10 chapters
. Believe.

Is it confirmed the Chimera Ant arc will be the last arc for the anime?
The one after it, where the manga is right now, would be a perfect way to end it.

kirblar

Is it confirmed the Chimera Ant arc will be the last arc for the anime?
The one after it, where the manga is right now, would be a perfect way to end it.
It makes no sense to end at the end of this arc (in terms of future DVD revenues and such.) Better to just finish it out.

Jigolo

Well theres a face I didn't expect to see, lol. Poor cheetu. What did Zeno mean when he had a time stopping experience? Paraphrasing here since I don't remember exactly what he said.

Jigolo

When the King walked past him.
Thought so. But couldn't it have also been when Meruem was carrying Komigu toward Pitou and the narator said they all froze? Either way I assumed one of the scenes. from when they confronted the King.

Curious as to what Killua has got planned with all that time to kill. Maybe he'll go help Ikalgo? Doubt he will get involved in any of the other 2 fights.

Soriku

Aww poor Cheetu. I like how Zeno was considered the "warm up". Pretty sure Zeno would've annihilated him faster than Morel.

The previous stuff with Knuckle/Shoot and Youpi was OK, but good stuff this week. I liked how confused Youpi was.

Hope Netero vs. the King and Pouf vs. Morel starts soon. Interested to see what Killua does too.

That scene with Cheetu was one of my favorites in the manga and it was definitely executed perfectly here. Spent a good minute laughing afterwards.

Top Bottom