• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

If Kurapika's eyes turn red for any reason (say, Gon's in trouble, or something) he's basically a Nen god.

Aside from that, the only ability specific to the Phantom Troupe is Chain Jail / Judgment Chain. The normal chains, Holy Chain (able to heal basically any injury), the Dowsing Chain (not particularly useful in battle), and the abilities on his other three fingers which were never actually shown would be usable in a normal fight.

Aside from all that, he's just good at fighting period. Uvo broke his arm and he didn't even wince. He's super fast, moderately strong, and very intelligent.

This is partially wrong. Chain Jail [Middle Finger] can only be used on the Spiders. That was the restriction he set, and is also why Uvo couldn't break the chain. Judgement Chain [Pinky Finger], however, can be used against any opponent, the restriction instead being that Kurapika can only use the ability when his eyes are Scarlet [Emperor Time]. Kurapika also states that he trained to be able to deliberately make his eyes scarlet, but it greatly drains his energy. This implies that Kurapika can activate Emperor Time whenever he pleases, but it will also activate when under extreme emotional stress, but he can't keep Emperor Time active for too long without sustaining injury (remember how he passed out during the York New Arc?). Kurapika is a very capable fighter, and we still haven't seen his Index Finger chain, so I'm pretty confident that he can keep up with Gon and Killua, we just haven't seen him since they left York New.

neoanarch

13/14 would be hard enough, but they are actually still 12. this was reconfirmed earlier in the arc right after gon "dumped" Palm and the narrator mentioned his age. Killua may be slightly older, but it would only be by some weeks or months.

Some wikis quote them as being 14, i'm not sure where that info comes from. I'm doubtful that much time has passed.

I really like the voices for gon and killua in this series. Actually, I like all of the voices :p I'm worried about the Netero replacement voice, if that needs to happen down the road. Because his voice is boss.

God and Killua still being twelve has always bugged me. They start of as twelve but have time to do two Hunters Exams.

upandaway

Well a year definitely passed by the time Killua hit the second exam, so they can't be 12. Whatever the narrator said, if he really said that, is plain wrong.

Even Togashi would be wrong if he said that, and the narrator sure isn't Togashi.

Yeah seeing how clear indications of time are actually occuring it'd be stupid to ignore them for the sake of keeping ages the same. I don't recall them mentioning their ages post-second hunter exam.

LogicStep

Man I need to go back and watch the episode with Kite's "death". I didn't really see it as a death the firat time, but there is a good chance I was doing something while watxhing the episode and missed the significance.

The manga relationship sounds so much than what they showed on the anime. Would have served as some great padding episodes to go back and look at it.

116 was a great relationship. Was really good to see Gon have his moment of boarding on evil that all main characters go through. I really thought that he would have gone through with it until she broke her arm.

An amazing episode. I am loving that Killua's dad will be around next episode.
Damn it man you spoiled the next ep for me. :mad:
I'm guessing that was in the preview? Fuck..

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Yes, it was in the preview. I won't say more other than it's not a huge spoiler, just a fun surprise.

HxH 116

I can see the urge for revenge, but was Kaito really so important to Gon it would incur that kind of reaction? Did I miss something? Episode was interesting, with the VA of Gon being the highlight, but aside from that, I really do not see what justifies the praise and hype.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
HxH 116

I can see the urge for revenge, but was Kaito really so important to Gon it would incur that kind of reaction? Did I miss something? Episode was interesting, with the VA of Gon being the highlight, but aside from that, I really do not see what justifies the praise and hype.

Go read the first few manga chapters or hunt down original eps. Essentially, Kite is the reason Gon is here in the first place.

LogicStep

Yes, it was in the preview. I won't say more other than it's not a huge spoiler, just a fun surprise.
Fun surprise like Netero showing up with Zeno, that was ruined by the preview and now this.. oh well, if it isn't a big spoiler I'll still enjoy whatever he ends up doing but damn it man. People should put that stuff behind spoiler tags.

Jigolo

According the birthday dates in the Wiki, Gon is at least technically 14 at this point. I didn't want to browse anything more because......I saw something by just passively scrolling to the bottom of Gon's wiki page that was a huge spoiler back when we were still in GI. :(((

Yonafunu

HxH 116

Check some of my posts on the previous page.

upandaway

According the birthday dates in the Wiki, Gon is at least technically 14 at this point. I didn't want to browse anything more because......I saw something by just passively scrolling to the bottom of Gon's wiki page that was a huge spoiler back when we were still in GI. :(((
Yeah don't do that ever again. You're lucky you came out unscathed this time, what a crazy thing to do.

I'm an expert

Yeah, IIRC the first ep of the 2011 anime covered like 3 eps of the 1999 anime, which didn't even spend *that* much time with Kite.

I mean, can we just say what happens? At this point it really isn't a spoiler lol. Just in case..
Kite is the one who tells Gon his father is alive. He's the one who leaves the card. He's the whole reason Gon goes on the trip to find his father.

Go read the first few manga chapters or hunt down original eps. Essentially, Kite is the reason Gon is here in the first place.

I tried giving a manga a go so I knew that already, but I still find Gon's anger disproportionate, and I'm not just talking about this episode, but all that build up to it. Maybe if Togashi had portrayed Gon actually reeling with guilt alongside his thirst for revenge I would have bought, but as it is, no.

I'm an expert

Personally I always thought the main source of the anger was Gon's realization of how weak he was in the world after Pitou. I think that'll become clearer later.

fertygo

I tried giving a manga a go so I knew that already, but I still find Gon's anger disproportionate, and I'm not just talking about this episode, but all that build up to it. Maybe if Togashi had portrayed Gon actually reeling with guilt alongside his thirst for revenge I would have bought, but as it is, no.

Gon is really weird dude, I actually buy his act because the guy is always borderline crazy and can snap anytime.. nothing else.

Gon has never been a "good kid" in the sense of the word that he wouldn't do anything "bad". His (ambigous) morality was brought a few times in the series, and he seems open to good and bad things, instead of a kind hearted that doesn't do no wrong.

Hyun Sai

Gon has never been a "good kid" in the sense of the word that he wouldn't do anything "bad". His (ambigous) morality was brought a few times in the series, and he seems open to good and bad things, instead of a kind hearted that doesn't do no wrong.

Yeah, several characters of the manga were worried / scared about this aspect of Gon.

It was made pretty clear early on by how easy he took Killua telling him he was a trained killer, most normal persons would be turned off by that.

Gon is really weird dude, I actually buy his act because the guy is always borderline crazy and can snap anytime.. nothing else.

He reminds of a guy I knew in my early 20's. He was all happy go lucky, but had a hidden temper and would snap at weird stuff.

I think it has been stated he is looked at as simple minded by other characters.

kirblar

He reminds of a guy I knew in my early 20's. He was all happy go lucky, but had a hidden temper and would snap at weird stuff.

I think it has been stated he is looked at as simple minded by other characters.
There's a reason his head explodes into fumes any time he has to do any complex thinking.

Dropping in again to say I've maid it to the episode where the chimera queen eats hansel and gretel.

Man, this author does not give a fuck.

I can't believe I just watched that happen.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
tumblr_n0vyqzN4jw1sfw7udo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vyqzN4jw1sfw7udo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vyqzN4jw1sfw7udo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vyqzN4jw1sfw7udo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vyqzN4jw1sfw7udo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vyqzN4jw1sfw7udo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vyqzN4jw1sfw7udo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0vyqzN4jw1sfw7udo8_1280.jpg

Episode 1 - Episode 116

DominoKid

wow Gon looks crazy now.

any idea how much longer the Chimera Ant arc has? i'm trying to wait for the whole thing to end before i watch it.

Jiraiya

I just finished watching all the episodes in less than 2 weeks :p (and my account just got validated :D). This is easily the best shounen I've ever watched maybe even the best anime and my god that last episode was amazing, can't wait for next week!

Jigolo

I just finished watching all the episodes in less than 2 weeks :p (and my account just got validated :D). This is easily the best shounen I've ever watched maybe even the best anime and my god that last episode was amazing, can't wait for next week!

Glad HxH broke that shell. First time posting in the forum, huh.

I think the nen sound effects were a major standout in the original anime. It had a great soundtrack with an "adventure" vibe, and some very good opening and ending songs. But even though I had some concerns about it early on, HxH 2011's soundtrack has really come into its own, it's quite good too and has more of a cinematic feel to it.

Top Bottom