• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Yonafunu

The guy who does Fairy Tail is the real beast..sure its mostly rubbish but sometime he has more than one chapters per week

Yeah but Fairy Tail sucks.

You're right though, Mashima works his butt off too. It's just that One Piece's chapters are always filled to the brim, especially compared to some other series. It's ridiculous how Oda gets that shit done every week, while keeping up with all of the little hints and details he drops and bringing it back hundreds of chapters later. The level of consistency Oda has maintained throughout all of this is impressive.

Rootbeer

Banned
I really hope someday I peak my head in this thread and there's been an announcement that Togashi is resuming HxH serialization... it would really make my month T__T

Surely it will happen eventually, right :(

If not, I really want him to announce that it's over. I hate this feeling where it's a big mystery.

Diablos54

I really hope someday I peak my head in this thread and there's been an announcement that Togashi is resuming HxH serialization... it would really make my month T__T

Surely it will happen eventually, right :(

If not, I really want him to announce that it's over. I hate this feeling where it's a big mystery.
It will happen again, and when it does be a sizable amount as well. The only problem is when, could be tomorrow, could be when the anime finishes, hell, could be 2015!

Blades64

Banned
I kinda hope he just hands over the series to Madhouse sometimes, but I crave Togashi's excellent story telling. I'm not sure if Madhouse would be able to do the series justice on their own.

Yeah but Fairy Tail sucks.

You're right though, Mashima works his butt off too. It's just that One Piece's chapters are always filled to the brim, especially compared to some other series. It's ridiculous how Oda gets that shit done every week, while keeping up with all of the little hints and details he drops and bringing it back hundreds of chapters later. The level of consistency Oda has maintained throughout all of this is impressive.

Can't agree with that sentiment, I actually like FT. But there's no denying that Oda has a superb level of consistency, which is freaking impressive considering the huge amount of characters and the world of One Piece itself.

Stil, in terms of releasing chapters and etc., Mashima is like the anti-Togashi.

Jigolo

WatchfulMiserlyAfricanjacana.gif

tqAwIcJ.gif

tumblr_n17ydmpdpW1s3dnjro1_500.gif

I love this Meruem gif. He's my favorite character in all of HxH.

Couldn't find rage Knuckle GIF anywhere :/

Jigolo

C'mon, Andrex you should know this stuff. You and I are constantly putting aweome JPGs and GIFS in this thread for the few HxH fans. I expect more from you :p

MilkBeard

Okay, so I've been watching this series like crack, I've been so addicted. So good.

However, I have a question for those that are familiar with the manga as well. I'm at around episode 72 where
Gon and Killua use 'accompany' to see Ging, but it ends up being Kite. At this point, the Anime takes a huge sidestep where everyone is chasing the Queen Ant. Now, I get the feeling like this is just completely filler stuff added in to extend teh series, or to give more time for the manga to get ahead. But so far I was really, really enjoying the series and it felt so tight and connected, but now this arc with the bugs is killing the show for me. Is this part also in the Manga too? It's so out of place, in my opinion.

Beside that though, I've been really enjoying the show. I hope it resumes back to the main story soon.

remz

Okay, so I've been watching this series like crack, I've been so addicted. So good.

However, I have a question for those that are familiar with the manga as well. I'm at around episode 72 where
Gon and Killua use 'accompany' to see Ging, but it ends up being Kite. At this point, the Anime takes a huge sidestep where everyone is chasing the Queen Ant. Now, I get the feeling like this is just completely filler stuff added in to extend teh series, or to give more time for the manga to get ahead. But so far I was really, really enjoying the series and it felt so tight and connected, but now this arc with the bugs is killing the show for me. Is this part also in the Manga too? It's so out of place, in my opinion.

Beside that though, I've been really enjoying the show. I hope it resumes back to the main story soon.
That arc is in the manga, and it's also a huge part of it.

If you think about it, it's them "hunting" just like York Shin and Greed Island, although with creatures instead of the items they were after in the others.

It's also in the manga, and it's fairly long. I really hated the arc at the start because it looked so cartoony with the odd animal/bug/human mixtures, but it eventually REALLY picks up roughly 1/3 of the way through. The arc got me pumped enough to start peeking into the manga because I found it difficult to wait a week for the next ep.

MilkBeard

That arc is in the manga, and it's also a huge part of it.

If you think about it, it's them "hunting" just like York Shin and Greed Island, although with creatures instead of the items they were after in the others.

Yeah I suppose it makes sense, and it's kind of a break or change of pace after the big Greed Island arc. I was just surprised that it took this route away from most of the main characters and plot they've been building. But I'll let it build up to see what happens. I just wanted to make sure, because anime filler can be intense. I remember Naruto had something like 100 episodes of filler, which is just insane.

MilkBeard

It's also in the manga, and it's fairly long. I really hated the arc at the start because it looked so cartoony with the odd animal/bug/human mixtures, but it eventually REALLY picks up roughly 1/3 of the way through. The arc got me pumped enough to start peeking into the manga because I found it difficult to wait a week for the next ep.

Cool, I'll keep at it then.

Jigolo

That's funny because if anything, GI, the CARD GAME arc should be filler. It did have a purpose though.

Anyway you're about to get to the best arc in the series. Don't rush it though, waiting each week is a fucking pain in the ass.
You'll have plenty of time to do that once the anime ends, no need to rush this!
This is exactly my plan.

MilkBeard

That's funny because if anything, GI, the CARD GAME arc should be filler. It did have a purpose though.

Anyway you're about to get to the best arc in the series. Don't rush it though, waiting each week is a fucking pain in the ass.

This is exactly my plan.

Yeah, it's starting to get really good, just finished Ep 85...

Kite!!!

Can't wait to see what's going to happen now.
Netero
is on the scene now. That means it's big ha ha.

And yeah, GI could be considered filler, however it was woven into the story intricately, whereas this new arc was not in the beginning. That is why I thought it might be filler. Things are really starting to come together now though.

Anyway, this arc is giving me Cell Saga vibes. I wonder if the writer used it as inspiration for the ants.

Just to let you know, a new episode is coming out today and this thread is going to be flooded with spoilers.

And keep with it. It gets better and it will get epic.

Kyuur

Just watched!

Pacing improved a lot this episode, lots of stuff happening. I have a feeling DTL will be pleased with the ending.

Preview / Manga Spoilers:
Cannot wait to see Godspeed animated.

bronk

Banned
Todays episode was great. The wait for next week is gonna be tough. Actually its always tough
I thought one of my favorite characters was gonna die.....i teared up

great episode! I really thought knuckle was going to die there for a minute.

The scene was great.

From all the setup of both fighters, to the epic jump in slowdown, to Knuckle shouting vengeance for Shoot, to him thinking when they got so close as to risk his life, to him noticing how awesome he is, thinking so much in the middle of a jump, to finally noticing it was a trap and all the cues indicates he was going to die (fade to white, saying sorry to his mates in his mind...) to Killua saving the day.

fertygo

LMAO Knuckle reaction
before and after punching pouf
are hilarious.. and goddayum Killua is thirsty...

great episode.

Top Bottom