• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Blades64

Banned
Really liked this episode. I was afraid for Knuckle...then the whole scene just turned out to be awesome with Killua coming in.

With that, it looks like Killua himself is pissed. Maybe not on Gon's level, but pissed nonetheless.

Jigolo

Knuckle really is Kuwabara 2.0

At that ending....I'm actually scared for Killua no matter how badass he looked. I'm scared that he's that confident but Youpi is at a whole other level....

Next Tuesday can't come here soon enough.

Damn, I totally forgot that Killua makes an appearance in the manga.

Also, last episode, we heard Zeno say that time stopped for him when he was confronting the King and then this happens to Knuckle.

Jigolo

Makes me wonder what the number on Pot Clean is now after all those hits.

BTW: This episode covered 279, 280, and half of 281. So those like me who read the manga after the episode is done, those are safe.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, I thought for sure that was it for Knuckle. Glad that he didn't bite it!

I like how Killua doesn't give an eff and just walks towards Pouf. With everything that's going on and what they're facing, dude's still way confident in a fight.

tumblr_n1km5xOKqP1raiwcso3_500.gif

This episode is litrally the reason why hxh is such a blast to watch. The final few minutes were so amazing and made all the bad episodes focusing on gon and those others so far feel worth it and so worthwhile. Blow off even more steam please. I hope he gets a huge portion of the next episode even. And how he looks in the preview!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Dull x Duller continues. Better than the last... 5 episodes? at the very least, though. Narrator needs to GTFO and characters need to stop inner monologuing for 5 minutes a pop.

Dull x Duller continues. Better than the last... 5 episodes? at the very least, though. Narrator needs to GTFO and characters need to stop inner monologuing for 5 minutes a pop.

You should probably wait until it is all done and then marathon them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You should probably wait until it is all done and then marathon them.

I tried that. I think I marathoned from like 105ish to 115ish. My resolve isn't very strong and I was bored though, so I've watched the last few as they've come in. Marathoning didn't really help much anyway, I still find this arc moves like treacle. The trouble is I'm a terrible completionist and can't stop watching things once I've started them, so I get stuck watching series I don't really even like that much for lack of anything better to do.

I tried that. I think I marathoned from like 105ish to 115ish. My resolve isn't very strong and I was bored though, so I've watched the last few as they've come in. Marathoning didn't really help much anyway, I still find this arc moves like treacle. The trouble is I'm a terrible completionist and can't stop watching things once I've started them, so I get stuck watching series I don't really even like that much for lack of anything better to do.

In that case, I'd suggest reading the manga. The narration is still heavy, but it is more tolerable. I'm alright with it, but a lot of the stuff the narrator has said could have been conveyed visually. It would certainly help the pacing. Unfortunately, this is anime and that problem is inherent.

My issue with this arc is that there are so many big fights/situations going on that they have to divide out their attention every freaking episode, which results in game of thrones symbol of nothing really happening in one episode but in the span of multiple ones.

In many other shonen jump shows we'd have like one major battle going on, or at most a bunch of minor ones. So they could easily get through like all the minor battles in 3-4 episodes.

At the pace this arc is going it could easily be another 15-20 episodes before we start to see the end.

As to this episode, I enjoyed it, but I'm tried of seeing the Youpi fight. I want to see Gon v Pitou.

Lirlond

Maybe spoilers??

Someone with better memory than me, the Netero/King fight had no jumpcuts during it right? It was just a straight run of chapters? I hope they'll do the same in the anime. So intense.

Even as a manga reader I had completely forgotten that Killua showed up at the end.

Also Youpi is more and more showing that he isn't just the token big dumb one and actually almost killing Knuckle is awesome, still developing towards my favourite ant.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This episode was soooooooooooooooooo good. Although the Ikalgo part was just passable, I'm glad it's out of the way and they're not dwelling on Palm.

Knuckle really is Kuwabara 2.0

At that ending....I'm actually scared for Killua no matter how badass he looked. I'm scared that he's that confident but Youpi is at a whole other level....

Next Tuesday can't come here soon enough.

Isn't Youpi almost bankrupt now? Knuckle got 8 hits in! He said he only needed two!

MilkBeard

I'll catch up with you guys soon, lol. I'm at like 90 or so. Tonight I'm probably going to burn through a lot of episodes because the FF XIV beta on PS4 will be down for maintenance.

This episode was soooooooooooooooooo good. Although the Ikalgo part was just passable, I'm glad it's out of the way and they're not dwelling on Palm.

Isn't Youpi almost bankrupt now? Knuckle got 8 hits in! He said he only needed two!

Not even close to being bankrupt. Knuckle said he wanted to hit Youpi 2-3 times for Shoot/himself. If you remember Knuckle's first hit back when he was invisible, it barely did any damage. Just multiply that by 8 and you should be able to figure out how much damage did. And a few episodes ago (or last episode?), he said that Youpi has a ridiculous amount of aura. In fact, he's actually at 100% minus the amount of aura used in the explosion plus the amount of aura that Knuckle "loaned" him from his punches.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Not even close to being bankrupt. Knuckle said he wanted to hit Youpi 2-3 times for Shoot/himself. If you remember Knuckle's first hit back when he was invisible, it barely did any damage. Just multiply that by 8 and you should be able to figure out how much damage did. And a few episodes ago (or last episode?), he said that Youpi has a ridiculous amount of aura. In fact, he's actually at 100% minus the amount of aura used in the explosion plus the amount of aura that Knuckle "loaned" him from his punches.

Hmm, but he'll be bankrupt in 10 minutes right? I mean I know that'll be like 50 episodes from now but still.

Just finished watching it on my lunch break. That was a great episode. The monoluge was great, Knuckle being all impressed with himself before the realisation that he was going to die was beautiful.

Although what pissed me off was a minor thing. How the hell did the squid basically drive 10k and look around the private area and get back in what was only a few minutes dor the rest of the characters.

Daingurse

That was great, really enjoyed this episode.

Damn I don't remember at all how the Youpi fight went down, guess that shitty manga art was good for something

This. The Chimera Arc feels quite fresh to me, even though I read quite a bit of it. Really don't recall anything, and I think a lot of that is attributed to the original manga art.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The ending to this episode was amazing man. God, they really do know how to make a cliffhanger. Can't fucking wait for next week's episode.

Soriku

LMAO Knuckle reaction
before and after punching pouf
are hilarious.. and goddayum Killua is thirsty...

great episode.

Yeah, I thought for sure that was it for Knuckle. Glad that he didn't bite it!

I like how Killua doesn't give an eff and just walks towards Pouf. With everything that's going on and what they're facing, dude's still way confident in a fight.

Youpi, not Pouf :p

Knuckle was hilarious this episode. Glad Killua stepped in in time. Hope he manages well against Youpi.

FluxWaveZ

Youpi, not Pouf :p

Knuckle was hilarious this episode. Glad Killua stepped in in time. Hope he manages well against Youpi.

Oh, right! The above comment had made me think it was Pouf, but the only one whose name I've always known for sure was Pitou. The other two are expendable.

Speaking of which, I don't know why Morel wouldn't just smack Pouf's cocoon over and over again when he's been in there forever. Well, I guess it suits his objective of keeping Pouf on the inside and he wouldn't know that he's apparently slowly slipping out.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Speaking of which, I don't know why Morel wouldn't just smack Pouf's cocoon over and over again when he's been in there forever. Well, I guess it suits his objective of keeping Pouf on the inside and he wouldn't know that he's apparently slowly slipping out.
With no awareness of the enemy's abilities and just a vague notion of its huge power level, an opening like that can be seen as an obvious trap - and when we're playing with these power levels, a single minor slip or miscalculation may mean instant death (just ask Knuckle about it). It's a dilemma for Morel, because he obviously knows that Pouf may be counting on him assuming that it is a trap, when in fact, from what we've seen from Pouf's thoughts, it is not (at least not in the sense Morel would think so).

zero_suit

That goes against everything about battles in HxH. Against an opponent of this level, any false move could be fatal.

FluxWaveZ

That goes against everything about battles in HxH. Against an opponent of this level, any false move could be fatal.

Pf, that didn't bother Knuckle. But...

With no awareness of the enemy's abilities and just a vague notion of its huge power level, an opening like that can be seen as an obvious trap - and when we're playing with these power levels, a single minor slip or miscalculation may mean instant death (just ask Knuckle about it). It's a dilemma for Morel, because he obviously knows that Pouf may be counting on him assuming that it is a trap, when in fact, from what we've seen from Pouf's thoughts, it is not (at least not in the sense Morel would think so).

This is reasonable. I think he might have had an inner monologue saying as much a few episodes back.

Cwarrior

Greatness x Greatness 118

Oh shiiit such a close call, almost thought my favorite character was going to bite it as well.Knuckle's monologueing killed me, his thoughts going from am going to kick shit out of him to IT'S A TRAP r.i.p dear me.

Youbi proves he isn't the dumb beast other believe he is, it's all just just a facade, he nearly managed to kill knuckle with a single strike.

Knuckle's va Takagi Wataru continues to prove why his one the best japanese voice actors in his role as knuckle & aoki (from hajime no ippo) this year.

currently his in all three of my favorite animes (hxh,ippo & one piece).

One piece current spoiler
his playing bellamy

Top Bottom