• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Hunter x Hunter Anime |OT| of Hunters and adventure and NO MANGA SPOILERS

Speaking of which, I don't know why Morel wouldn't just smack Pouf's cocoon over and over again when he's been in there forever. Well, I guess it suits his objective of keeping Pouf on the inside and he wouldn't know that he's apparently slowly slipping out.

Pouf's abilities are completely unknown. If he had something similar to Feitan's Pain Packer, Morel would just dig his own grave.

Jigolo

It would have been the second most one-sided fight in Hunter x Hunter.

What's #1?

Ging has to be super strong.

Dude has to be top 10 nen user in the world. Only other people that I would think belong in that category (from what we know in the anime), has got to be Ging and Netero. Of course at ~120 Netero is probably not there anymore. Where as the guy was the best in his prime. Man I want to see Netero vs. Meruem so fucking bad. I hope it all takes place in 1-2 episodes.

MCD

I really want to see old characters like Hanzo, Wing-san and Leorio return after this arc is done.

Hanzo's fight with Gon is still my fav.

2jmbvUY.jpg

Blades64

Banned
Hanzo has the potential to be a great character. I wouldn't mind seeing something about him in the future at all, but alas, I don't think we will...

I liked Pokkle and was excited that he came back and had an interesting nen power, but we saw how that turned out so I'm not excited for any other character coming back haha

Mumei

I started watching this yesterday. Well, restarted. When I tried in 2011, I was just coming off of rewatching the original series and I hated Gon's voice in particular. It sounded ... I don't know, sort of buffoonish in a way I didn't think fit the character. I dropped it after the first episode.

But it's been nearly two and a half years since then, and I don't remember how the characters sounded... so now I'm enjoying it. I'm looking forward to catching up; I haven't read the manga so I only know (some major spoilers here and there aside) what happens up through the end of Greed Island.

Rootbeer

Banned
I started watching this yesterday. Well, restarted. When I tried in 2011, I was just coming off of rewatching the original series and I hated Gon's voice in particular. It sounded ... I don't know, sort of buffoonish in a way I didn't think fit the character. I dropped it after the first episode.

But it's been nearly two and a half years since then, and I don't remember how the characters sounded... so now I'm enjoying it. I'm looking forward to catching up; I haven't read the manga so I only know (some major spoilers here and there aside) what happens up through the end of Greed Island.

Would be surprised if you don't end up loving it by the time you surpass that point! Especially since it gets BETTER after Greed Island (IMO)

G-Bus

Banned
My brother talked me into watching this. I've heard of the manga but didn't know anything beyond the name.

Pretty much been binge watching after work assuming I don't have any other priorities.

I think I'm nearing the end of the greed island arc. Shows really good. Doubt I'll be able to just sit around and watch it weekly once I catch up.

Just wondering roughly where they are chapter wise in the manga so I can keep on keeping in on when I get to that point.

Also, what's the deal with Hisoka, lol. Buddy is creepy as fuck. Damn pervert.

Jigolo

Y'all think Chrollo would destroy one of The Royal Guard? I wish Kurapika's relevance wasn't tied to The Phantom Troupe.
I firmly believe he can beat a royal guard. As well as Hisoka, Zeno, and Silva IMO. Popular opinion says no but from what I've seen so far in the anime, there is no doubt they can go toe to toe with the Royal Guards.

Mumei

Complaining about Gon's voice was probably shortsighted considering Episode 116.

Shortsighted considering ... something I couldn't have considered? I realize my distaste for the voice actors had more to do with the fact that they didn't sound like what I was familiar with and were a slightly different take on the characters and not because they were 'objectively' bad ... but I don't see how it was shortsighted to not watching something I wasn't enjoying because of something really important in an animated show.

Anyway. I'm fine with it now; I just needed to listen to them without preconceptions about what they ought to sound like.

I firmly believe he can beat a royal guard. As well as Hisoka, Zeno, and Silva IMO. Popular opinion says no but from what I've seen so far in the anime, there is no doubt they can go toe to toe with the Royal Guards.
It is certainly possible but I think you are underestimating the royal guards way too much

Yonafunu

Dude has to be top 10 nen user in the world. Only other people that I would think belong in that category (from what we know in the anime), has got to be Ging and Netero. Of course at ~120 Netero is probably not there anymore. Where as the guy was the best in his prime. Man I want to see Netero vs. Meruem so fucking bad. I hope it all takes place in 1-2 episodes.

Netero is definitely still in the top 10. Still in the top 5 too.

Daingurse

Just got another person into HxH after showing them the Chimera Ant Arc. It's like doing god's work, people find it immediately compelling.

Shouta

Complaining about Gon's voice was probably shortsighted considering Episode 116.

Wait, what? That's 115 episodes in the future, 2 and half years later, lol. There's no way to guess that unless you can see the future. if that's the case, give me some lotto numbers. =p

Junko Takeuchi was amazing as Gon though and she would've nailed it out of the park had they had the Ants arc during the original run.

Just got another person into HxH after showing them the Chimera Ant Arc. It's like doing god's work, people find it immediately compelling.

That's great and all, but isn't that basically showing them Dragon Ball Z and then they have to start with Dragon Ball?

The show has been massively changing since the hunter exam arc. Like every arc the stakes are higher.

That's great and all, but isn't that basically showing them Dragon Ball Z and then they have to start with Dragon Ball?

The show has been massively changing since the hunter exam arc. Like every arc the stakes are higher.

I got hooked on the series because of the ant arc. I started from episode 1 to backtrack the whole way. It wasn't a big deal for me. It was actually awesome. Maybe if this series was 600 episodes in it would be a problem though, hehe.

Blades64

Banned
What then Kilua vs all the Hunter candidates?
Gon vs fish?
Kite vs ant?
Netero vs gon/kilua?

Again: Gon vs Hisoko = best traditional fight in the series.

I got hooked on the series because of the ant arc. I started from episode to backtrack. It wasn't a big deal for me. It was actually awesome. Maybe if this series was 600 episodes in it would be a problem though, hehe.

It's for this very reason that I could never get into One Piece.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shortsighted considering ... something I couldn't have considered? I realize my distaste for the voice actors had more to do with the fact that they didn't sound like what I was familiar with and were a slightly different take on the characters and not because they were 'objectively' bad ... but I don't see how it was shortsighted to not watching something I wasn't enjoying because of something really important in an animated show.

Anyway. I'm fine with it now; I just needed to listen to them without preconceptions about what they ought to sound like.

I'm not saying you should have been psychic, just more open to the voice actors. For those of us who have seen the latest episodes, we can confirm that the VA's are fantastic.

Wait, what? That's 115 episodes in the future, 2 and half years later, lol. There's no way to guess that unless you can see the future. if that's the case, give me some lotto numbers. =p

Junko Takeuchi was amazing as Gon though and she would've nailed it out of the park had they had the Ants arc during the original run.

See above.

Youpi and Pitou have stronger Auras than Netero. [We can assume Youpi is stronger because Netero says that Pitou is stronger than him, and Youpi is stronger than Pitou, but I'm almost positive that Poufu is weaker than Pitou. If you only watch the anime, then Poufu's full abilities haven't been revealed yet though] So unless those 4 are stronger than Netero, I don't think they can defeat a royal guard by themselves. (Unless Chrollo managed to steal their Nen abilities somehow.)

EDIT: Kind of spoilery?
I do think that Netero could probably beat Pitou and Poufu, but I'm not sure about Youpi. I'm not sure if this reveals the outcome of his fight with the king or not, so I spoilered it

shira

Youpi and Pitou have stronger Auras than Netero. [We can assume Youpi is stronger because Netero says that Pitou is stronger than him, and Youpi is stronger than Pitou, but I'm almost positive that Poufu is weaker than Pitou. If you only watch the anime, then Poufu's full abilities haven't been revealed yet though] So unless those 4 are stronger than Netero, I don't think they can defeat a royal guard by themselves. (Unless Chrollo managed to steal their Nen abilities somehow.)

I do think that Netero could probably beat Pitou and Poufu, but I'm not sure about Youpi. I'm not sure if this reveals the outcome of his fight with the king or not, so I spoilered it

but but
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...unter_x_Hunter_Official_power_level_chart.png

zero_suit

RIP Hisoka, Chrollo, Zeno, and Silva then...

Top Bottom