• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new metal gear game for PS1. screens inside.

a03_stage_00.jpg

a03_stinger_01.jpg

st00_move.jpg

st02_camera_01.jpg

st04_teliko_shoot_01.jpg

st04_teliko_move_01.jpg

oh wait. that's acid, for the psp. my bad! the jaggies always confuse me!

:lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Pretty bad looking, but they look more like caps from a field rendered PS2 title than a standard PSX game.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Those screens are pretty bad...and their old...and it looks better than any handheld MGS game I've ever seen...so why complain? And I don't care about the card based gameplay. If I can want Baten Kaitos, I can like this.

It might not look better than MGS2, but it sure has my interest more than The Twin Snakes...and it looks better to boot.

*runs away before the explosion*

there was a thread about this before? i remember one, in paticular, where solidsnakex said acid was the second coming of metal gear solid 2.

It's Team Kojima minus Kojima as the director. It looks as good as MGS2, it just doens't have any color tint which is one thing they should add to it.

:lol :lol :lol

damn, my memory must suck.

ourumov

dark10x said:
Pretty bad looking, but they look more like caps from a field rendered PS2 title than a standard PSX game.
True...Some people should start their PSX again just to see what we were playing 6 years ago.

Matlock

Banned
HalfPastNoon said:
there was a thread about this before? i remember one, in paticular, where solidsnakex said acid was the second coming of metal gear solid 2.

"It's Team Kojima minus Kojima as the director. It looks as good as MGS2, it just doens't have any color tint which is one thing they should add to it."

:lol :lol :lol

damn, my memory must suck.

Woo : Doves :: Kojima : Green

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I have seen these exact same screens couple of weeks ago, except that they were regular framebuffer caps, and looking much better. This looks like someone took those original images, scaled them down in photoshop to 50% and then enlarged them back to their original size.

*edit*

An example of original screen, in the original PSP resolution. Most of the pictures from that link don't work anymore, but these seem to be there still:

22.jpg

23.jpg

18.jpg

Matlock

Banned
Marconelly said:
I have seen these exact same screens couple of weeks ago, except that they were regular framebuffer caps, and looking much better. This looks like someone took those original images, scaled them down in photoshop to 50% and then enlarged them back to their original size.

The ones that Wario links to look identical. :p

---also, you bring up pictures that don't even relate to the thread.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
---also, you bring up pictures that don't even relate to the thread.
If by that you mean "they don't look like shit", then I agree. They are all from MGS:A, however.

*edit* as opposed to your Crash 3 picture?

Matlock

Banned
"I saw these pictures a week ago, and it looks like someone resized, etc etc."

After you say that, you post up pictures that don't even relate to what you're talking about, in fact, it looks like you posted a pre-rendered sequence. :p

Good try though, chum.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
After you say that, you post up pictures that don't even relate to what you're talking about, in fact, it looks like you posted a pre-rendered sequence. :p
Matlock, I honestly don't know what to tell you. Are you really that blind to think that pictures I posted are not:

a) realtime
b) from MGS:A
c) direct frame buffers

?

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
I think Kojima stated in an interview that the team working on this title was younger and hipper - and also not as good. :|

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Obviously there is a conspiracy going on at Game-infomer.com! Someone should make a thread about this

B E N K E

I think has something to do with how their site handles screens. PSP-screens are wide screens and maybe their system isn't able to handle that. Or prehpas som smart guy added the borders?

KickyFast

If you take IGN's shots and run a de-interlace filter on them, you would get the same image quality as GI's shots. That's totally unnecessary since PSP's lcd screen in progressive.

eso76

If they really were resized to 50% and then scaled back to the original size...why would the hud look so detailed and relatively hi res ? while those fonts are indeed blurrier than the official SS, they don't appear nearly as low res as the game itself.
Anyway, you'll be playing this on such a small monitor, resolution shouldn't matter too much.

De-interlaced, DUH! Look at the first picture. You think the cards would be that blurry, regardless of the 3D graphics quality?

Oh well, trolls are hungry, someone better feed them...

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
If they really were resized to 50% and then scaled back to the original size...why would the hud look so detailed and relatively hi res ?
The fonts are visibly missing lines, making some letters near impossible to read. It's obviously a result of deinterlacing the image (which in turn is equivalent to vertically resizing by 50% and then back up).

Rhindle

the offical name is going to be called Metal Gear Ac!d.

Leaving out the "i" actually makes the title more descriptive of the apparent game quality.

eso76

Fafalada said:
The fonts are visibly missing lines, making some letters near impossible to read. It's obviously a result of deinterlacing the image (which in turn is equivalent to vertically resizing by 50% and then back up).

Yes, they do miss lines. Still they don't look as low res as the rest, but upon further examination that's obviously because these screens were reduced in vertical res only. Or, well, deinterlaced.
The game will probably look more like the official screens

Top Bottom