• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Metal Gear Solid 3 pics!

Redbeard

Banned
dark10x said:
What did you want?

You can move it in all four direction as well as tilt it. I'd say that's perfect right there...

He just said the camera could tilt, not that you could move it around, which is better. As long as I can orient the camera to see in front of me I'll be happy (without having to switch into fp).

Redbeard said:
He just said the camera could tilt, not that you could move it around, which is better. As long as I can orient the camera to see in front of me I'll be happy (without having to switch into fp).

You can't. That's the point of stealth gameplay.

Socreges

Banned
Redbeard said:
No, his post was misleading. The camera is fixed in one position and you can tilt it to look left, right, up, or down. (unless I'm missing out on something here and you CAN swing it around)

In my opinion, it is, without question, flawed. It can get frustrating at times to have such a restricted camera. And no, it's not necessary to maintain stealth gameplay. Kojima has taken the approach to have more cinematic control over the game's perspective.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
It beats the DIY manual camera of the Splinter Cell games. I hate that. The game should control the camera to some extent.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I can only hope the controls and the gameplay animations are improved over the other MGS games.
You know, your comment is kinda weird because MGS2 already had some of the smoothest controls and excellent animation. They have, however, improved both in MGS3.

Redbeard said:
So not being able to see in the direction my character is facing is the point of stealth gameplay?

No, the point is to get against a wall to see what's going on. Splinter Cell free-camera is way too easy (and bad anyway).

EekTheKat

/fanboy rationalization on

As odd as this sounds, I think the limited camera option in MGS forces you to focus more on the game instead of twiddling around with camera positioning.

Least after playing MGS for a while, I tend to just ignore the camera now. Occasionally I would whereas in splinter cell I'm nearly always trying to correct the camera for a better view.

and really after a while, the camera positioning in mgs doesn't bother me at all, outside of pushing a button to check on first person it's entirely manageable.

Also I think the general gameplay overhead camera view of MGS gives it a tie to the old 2d metal gear games.

EmSeta

eva.jpg

She looks like John Kerry.

Lakitu

st5fu
Removed but to my defense I thought foreign scans were allowed. I can tolerate being banned though. I apologize.

Solid

Lakitu said:
Removed them but, apparently the mag is somewhat old (according to some), and I thought it was allowed.
I'm not a mod so I can't say if it's allowed or not. I just don't want you banned, you're a good member :)

Lakitu

st5fu
Thanx buddy :) It's been posted on Team Xbox aswell but I'll refrain posting it here without permission. However someone who had the mags, shared with us some tidbits.

-SPOILER:
Snake finds an abandoned house in the woods (probably the same as the one in the E3 2K4 trailer) and once he gets inside, he decides to close his eyes for a while, then falls asleep. He is then woken up by the morning sunlight and hears footsteps. Snake then opens the hatch and goes under the house, then an action scene against guards commences where you have to kill them.

-You can sneak around bases without entering them (much like the screens with the Hind) and you can complete the whole game without seeing many places. Must be pretty big? Also,
there's a part where you have to crawl through a hole in an electric fence

-The third was about the Ocelot, The Pain boss fights. They say,
Ocelot's is similar to the Olga one from MGS 2, and The Pain bossfight is very fun, he uses some kind of machine gun, looking forward to it.

-Also, they complained about the camera. :\

Top Bottom