• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS AUS/NZ Launch |OT| Featuring Thieving European Importers

ineji

Neo Member
Did you guys get a Special Delivery parcel from 365games or was it First Signed For?

I have a missed you card from royal mail and I was hoping it was the new 3DS.

Bababaloo

Neo Member
I just received my New 3DS shipped from Play-Asia (Fedex Eco) in Belgium.
I can't wait to return home (I'm still at work) to transfer my data from my previous 3DS ^_^

Hasney

They've actually written in special instructions "deliver Wednesday" for some reason. Not complaining mind you, I'll be working from home that day.

Nemesis_

What was wrong with the black?

The transfer limit is precisely 7 days down to the minute.

I don't actually like the Black at all. Under certain lights it looks almost like a shiny green and it's just not really appealing to me for some reason. It's like this bastard mix between gun metal grey and the original DSi XL's "Bronze" colour scheme. Just not a fan.

Hasney

Heh, since Android has pretty much made a big SD card meaningless for some people, I'm just swapping the default N3DS XL one for thr 64GB one in my phone. Which is handy.

Rich!

Heh, since Android has pretty much made a big SD card meaningless for some people, I'm just swapping the default N3DS XL one for thr 64GB one in my phone. Which is handy.

heh. I just put my Nintendo 3DS micro SD into my phone.

my xperia now has an extra 4GB. thanks, nintendo

Shin-Ra

I've set most things up and fiddled with the preinstalled software a bit, just charging before starting A Link Between Worlds now. I find the s3D most comfortable with the slider half way up or under but a few things seem to ignore it like the camera app. The Home menu 3D icons have a really nice sense of depth, just wish it was higher res! The volume slider could be tuned a bit better, it's really quiet half way with most of the useful adjustment near the top.

15705066948_9091d1c1da_b_d.jpg

My cat's just enjoying the charger cable-tie.

Bababaloo

Neo Member
I return from work and immediatly open my Play-Asia package.
I ordered 1 New Nintendo 3DS along with 2 new Cover Plates (the Kawaii is for my japanese NN3DS).

15270404584_77222c0a82.jpg

The black cover is the Mario Camouflage. I'll try to post a better photo as the cover is lovely ^^

TheChaos0

Go pikmin. I've actually got almost nothing on the SD card so I've decided to go for full transfer. Let's see how long that takes. :)

IMG_20141127_205927.jpg

Saiyan-Rox

the system transfer "show" makes me want to harm people....the noise of these annoying creatures ugh!

Gonna try out the 3D again....anyone else's head tracking having trouble with their heads?

Shin-Ra

the system transfer "show" makes me want to harm people....the noise of these annoying creatures ugh!

Gonna try out the 3D again....anyone else's head tracking having trouble with their heads?
Only when using the stereo outward cameras in the camera app, it's like it can't cope with all three cameras going at once.

Saiyan-Rox

Only when using the stereo outward cameras in the camera app, it's like it can't cope with all three cameras going at once.

When I go to calibrate it (even on first start up) when you see the little character illustration of where you are in the box it keeps flashing up "must be able to see your face"

Rich!

When I go to calibrate it (even on first start up) when you see the little character illustration of where you are in the box it keeps flashing up "must be able to see your face"

Like I said, its clearly faulty. That should NOT be happening, and states so in the manual.

The longer you leave it, the less chance of a refund or a return. And then it's your fault. Doing a system transfer is a terrible, terrible idea as now you may be stuck with a faulty console outside of any warranty as its an import.

Saiyan-Rox

Like I said, its clearly faulty. That should NOT be happening, and states so in the manual.

The longer you leave it, the less chance of a refund or a return. And then it's your fault. Doing a system transfer is a terrible, terrible idea as now you may be stuck with a faulty console outside of any warranty as its an import.

I can always do a transfer back in 7 days so it doens't matter really I won't have time to send it back anytime soon anyway.

EDIT: Oh themes do move over but you need to "rescan" under the theme stores options first

EDIT 2: looks like the 3D works fine In game I think i'm over estimating how far I can move my head xD

it's the exact opposite of flimsy. It's absolutely rock solid.

Here's a video of me playing a FPS homebrew demo using the New 3DS dual analog controls:

http://youtu.be/O6fi12f-nVw

I was hunched over a table to play it, to get in frame. so my playing sucks - but the stick works really, really well.
Was thinking about the potential for shooters (FPS ones specially) in the New 3DS after the announcement in August.

Now that you can actually move the unit withouth braking the 3D effect gyro aiming is even more viable. In the demo you are playing the C stick could be used for the broad movements of the camera and use the gyro for minor adjustments of the reticule.

But let's assume the C stick doen't cut it. At least you can swap the functions and use it for moving and strafing and the circle pad for camera movement.

Also is the Homebrew community doing any interesting experiments with the 3D? Anyway would be interesting if you keep uploading videos of neat Homebrew stuff in your channel.

TheChaos0

I can always do a transfer back in 7 days so it doens't matter really I won't have time to send it back anytime soon anyway.

EDIT: Oh themes do move over but you need to "rescan" under the theme stores options first

EDIT 2: looks like the 3D works fine In game I think i'm over estimating how far I can move my head xD

You can't however transfer it back to a regular 3DS, only to another New 3DS.

Also, 3D is actually usuable now. My eyes still find it hard to adjust to it though, so I'll leave it off for the most of the stuff. The screen size on the regular New 3DS is almost perfect, it could have bit a wee bit bigger but it doesn't feel tiny as normal 3DS' one.

Rich!

No. You cannot ever transfer the content back to an original 3DS. The transfer menu makes that explicitly clear - a New 3DS can only transfer to another New 3DS and not back to an original model.

Faulty or not, that N3DS is now permanently yours. You cannot return it. Ever.

So let's hope its not faulty.

Frost_Ace

Guys, one of my friends imported a regular N3DS and he wants to transfer his (italian) ID and games to the new console but says he can't if he sets the region to Italy. Can he do this or is he doing something wrong?

Rich!

Guys, one of my friends imported a regular N3DS and he wants to transfer his (italian) ID and games to the new console but says he can't if he sets the region to Italy. Can he do this or is he doing something wrong?

He should be able to. Get him to access the eshop first, then try it.

Should work - fixed the issue for folks in ireland with the same problem.

Saiyan-Rox

No. You cannot ever transfer the content back to an original 3DS. The transfer menu makes that explicitly clear - a New 3DS can only transfer to another New 3DS and not back to an original model.

Faulty or not, that N3DS is now permanently yours. You cannot return it. Ever.

So let's hope its not faulty.

Oops forgot about that xD ah well not gonna worry about that.

Taigerr

......... But let's assume the C stick doen't cut it. ....

The C-Stick is surprisingly responsive in my experince and that was with RER which I will presume is not optimized for it C-Stick despite RER being CPP compatible.

Based on my experinece today I will not at all be surprised if the C-Stick turns out to be pinpoint specific without any dead dead zones in its range of movements for optimsed games, however, we will need to adopt a different play style as its not an analog stick nor is it CPP so there is a learning curve.

Personally I really really like it

Saiyan-Rox

Ok yeah think my unit is fine just think I was holding it too close xD never really used the 3D before now.

Now just to wait until I get pokemon tomorrow. the download times really are massively better haven't used the C stick though no games for it only have zelda and tomorrow pokemon.

Ok yeah think my unit is fine just think I was holding it too close xD never really used the 3D before now.

Now just to wait until I get pokemon tomorrow. the download times really are massively better haven't used the C stick though no games for it only have zelda and tomorrow pokemon.

you tried smash yet?

leng jai

Just by looking at it I find it hard to believe the c-stick will cut it for fast paced movements. Guess I won't know until I try it.

Rich!

I love the cstick,and its more than adequate for fast and precise movements alike. Just takes some getting used to, as its quite unlike any other control input I've used.

Jofamo

Got mine today, along with Persona Q, and I really love the thing. Got the XL in Metallic Black, and I think it looks even better than I expected. The outer shell has a very nice subtle line pattern.

The transfer went without a hitch, and I really love how quickly things load and close now, along with the new 3D upgrades.

Out of curiosity, I loaded up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, to test out the C-Stick/Circle Pad Pro compatibility. Turned it on in the settings, and wow, the game is a million times more playable now. The C-Stick really works well as the camera control in that game, and the extra buttons are a big help. Maybe I'll finally get into the game and complete it!

Top Bottom