• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL Launch Thread

Rich!

So it's not loose or anything? No risk of it snapping off? Can you provide a link? I'd like to order one too (already ordered Hori TPU case, but this seems much more usefull, at least for the lower part).

Its rock solid. Snaps in fully and will not fall out.

Its great.

Don't forget to buy an AC adapter...

Anyway I am pretty upset that Nintendo thought it wasn't necessary to include one with these systems. Do they make official charge cradles that I can buy, and are they absurdly priced?
Yes, good price $8 at Nintendo's online store but still need a charger with it. I also agree it is BS. They really should include a free charger coupon with each new 3DS.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Amazon Spain to dispatch a New 3DS to the UK?
I ordered mine over 2 days ago and it is still saying "Preparing to dispatch" (Preparando el envío).

Rich!

Does anyone know how long it takes for Amazon Spain to dispatch a New 3DS to the UK?
I ordered mine over 2 days ago and it is still saying "Preparing to dispatch" (Preparando el envío).

Well, my N3DS was from Amazon France. Ordered on Friday, delivered to me in the UK today

So uh...contact Amazon.

alf717

I'm new to owning a 3DS and so far I'm am impressed. I think the face tracking might be throwing off the 3D effect a bit but it does look nice. Finally playing the games I picked up through the years. I think the Professor Layton game is best of the bunch.

tiijj

Some new clip armor snap on cases for the New 3DS XL, available at Best Buy in June (not sure if sooner anywhere else):

Hope that backplate design isn't final, though. Mario & Yoshi designs available too.

For some reason the triforce of the crest looks like it was cut off lol

dedhead54

I sent my N3DSXL to replace the top screen because it had a few dead pixels, and also told them about the wrinkling effect on the touchscreen. They fixed the top screen but did not see any issue with the touchscreen. Pretty lame they consider that normal but whatever.

KU_

Can confirm that my saved data is restored after doing the "Limited Capacity" transfer and then re-downloading software from the eShop. When I re-download a title (which has never been on the New 3DS before) it displays a brief screen saying that it is restoring save/backup data. Then, when the game launches, the old data from the old system is there.
Good news. Finally got my MM Limited Edition 3DS XL from GS today, and I plan on using this option. For those who have done the limited wireless transfer, about how long should I expect it to take?

Rich!

Love this thing

xxgehj.JPG

Got the pokemon faceplates:

Good news. Finally got my MM Limited Edition 3DS XL from GS today, and I plan on using this option. For those who have done the limited wireless transfer, about how long should I expect it to take?

It only took about 60-90 minutes in my case. After that, all of my core system settings were in place (e.g,. my desktop layout, preferences, etc.) and I had all of the licenses attached to my account. I've been able to redownload all my content at my leisure.

Just went and got a 32GB microSD card and brought everything over to this one. So now I've been able to download everything I've ever purchased (except for DSi Ware) and I've still got tons of room left.

I'm really frustrated that DSi stuff can't be installed to and run off of the SD card. It means that I can barely hold any of my DSi Ware, because the system memory is so small. Is there any workaround?

OmegaFax

It only took about 60-90 minutes in my case. After that, all of my core system settings were in place (e.g,. my desktop layout, preferences, etc.) and I had all of the licenses attached to my account. I've been able to redownload all my content at my leisure.

Just went and got a 32GB microSD card and brought everything over to this one. So now I've been able to download everything I've ever purchased (except for DSi Ware) and I've still got tons of room left.

I'm really frustrated that DSi stuff can't be installed to and run off of the SD card. It means that I can barely hold any of my DSi Ware, because the system memory is so small. Is there any workaround?

I remembered that transferring DSiware was a bit strange. Ended up deleting the two games I had, letting the licenses transfer, and starting them over again. Wasn't that far in either Four Swords or that MvDK game.

Producer

anyone use 3DS XL cases for the New XL? I have a Hori one but its kind of a tight fit. Dont want it to pressing up on the shoulder buttons and potentially ruin them or anything.

alf717

Any recommendation for cases and screen protectors. Some how got a scratch on the top screen need to protect this thing like it was gold.

I was thinking of getting this Hori brand one but reviews seem to be mixed.

Cider

Boyfriend and I finally managed to get our second MM3DS today. Kinja tweeted the link out 57 minutes earlier when I saw it and told him, yet somehow the thing was still available. We ordered it thinking that it'll probably get canceled anyway but later got an email with the digital download code for MM so maybe there's hope. After CAG posted about it though it went out of stock immediately.
I'm so happy that we both have the limited edition now ^^ between us two we would own 4 3DS after bf gets his MM3DS though and I have no idea what we're gonna so do, since we probably have like 6 his hours of video game time a week combined ^^"

Producer

Yeah, I use the retro Mario hard case. It seems to be juuussst large enough.

thats exactly the one i have lol. I ended up cutting off the strap that holds the system in place, and it fits better. I'll probably eventually just get a New 3DS specific case.

Any recommendation for cases and screen protectors. Some how got a scratch on the top screen need to protect this thing like it was gold.

I heard mixed things about that cover too, but the Hori screen protectors are great.

Corgi

Banned
hori case came. Feels great. Works on top of my decalgirl.

2015-03-26%2023.44.12.jpg

problem is now my 3ds is pretty much a brick. vita feels so light in comparison.

fester

Banned

I used the Amazon Basics case for my old 3DSXL for 2 years making a daily 50 min train commute - worked wonderfully. Just switched my New 3DSXL into it and it fits perfectly. (Looks like black is out of stock, but red is available.)

wilflare

hori case came. Feels great. Works on top of my decalgirl.

2015-03-26%2023.44.12.jpg

problem is now my 3ds is pretty much a brick. vita feels so light in comparison.

any pics of your decal? been thinking of getting but... application scares me.

maybe I should get a TPU too.

I used the Amazon Basics case for my old 3DSXL for 2 years making a daily 50 min train commute - worked wonderfully. Just switched my New 3DSXL into it and it fits perfectly. (Looks like black is out of stock, but red is available.)

I just bought myself two CitySlickers - sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy
that Amazon Basics case is good stuff

alf717

I had my eye on that as well. I was gonna get the Hori screen protectors, and Clear Hori cover and that Amazon Basics carrying case. Everything I want is out of stock though so I can wait a bit.

cafemomo

i was buying a psn card and i accidentally bought a n3DS

6949kyN.png

I don't have my old 3DS anymore so I can't do a system transfer, so does that mean I have call up Nintendo?

Renewed

Guess we arent getting a xenoblade XL now D: will probably get a black XL with xenoblade and majoras mask next week

I'd assume that if they want to do a Xenoblade n3DSXL, it'd have to exclude the game since it won't fit on a 4GB microSD. And it'd be released like a month or two after the game comes out. And it'd come with the Xenoblade theme preinsta-- OH WHO AM I KIDDING. I'll take my MonHun and wonder what could have been.

CodeNfX

Anyone know any retractable stylus that also fits into the n3ds xl slot? I'm looking through eBay but there's no description if they will fit. The one that comes with the n3ds is too short.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I jumped on the Majora's Mask N3DSXL when it went back in stock, but I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse now... I mean, the improved 3D is great, but I don't plan to get Xenoblade or Monster Hunter, and I completed Majora on my ol' 3DS XL (without ever feeling the need for camera control). I also transferred stuff from my old 3DS and sold it, so it's too late to go back.

I also feel the 3DS' days are numbered. The release schedule is pretty barren, and with the NX on the horizon, I guess Nintendo is slowing down on 3DS development.

Any medium-long term advantage to the New 3DS to cheer me up a bit? Think there's gonna be other games developed exclusively for it?

Shiina

I jumped on the Majora's Mask N3DSXL when it went back in stock, but I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse now... I mean, the improved 3D is great, but I don't plan to get Xenoblade or Monster Hunter, and I completed Majora on my ol' 3DS XL (without ever feeling the need for camera control). I also transferred stuff from my old 3DS and sold it, so it's too late to go back.

I also feel the 3DS' days are numbered. The release schedule is pretty barren, and with the NX on the horizon, I guess Nintendo is slowing down on 3DS development.

Any medium-long term advantage to the New 3DS to cheer me up a bit? Think there's gonna be other games developed exclusively for it?

You could still flip it and make good money and if something does come out that you're interested in you could get a used one down the line.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
You could still flip it and make good money and if something does come out that you're interested in you could get a used one down the line.

But then I'd need a "receiver" 3DS for all my eShop games... I still can't believe how backward Nintendo's account system is.

Finally got around to buying a Japanese n3DS. Didn't know the non XL models were matte, which was a nice surprise. I actually kinda liked the glossy finish of the other 3ds models but hated the fingerprint magnets they eventually became. Transferred my stuff from my old JP 3DS without issue, and packed that away for the time being.

Now I think I'll see what faceplates I'll want to order. I don't like Xenoblade, and I'm not getting the 3DS port, but damn if that faceplate doesn't look great.

I think about buying a NEW 3DS from Japan. Except for Taiko Drums: What are Japanese must have games which are only available there?

Off the top of my head, there's Game Center CX 3, EX Troopers (I mean, there's the PS3 version too, but the 3DS version actually runs better for some weird reason), and physical versions of games that are digital only elsewhere like Ace Attorney Trilogy (You can switch between the JP and US versions of the game at the main menu, effectively giving you a english language physical release), and Sega 3D Archives (Apparently, this one doesn't work through RegionThree; You have to have a JP 3DS to run this)

Someone could probably think of a few more, but those are the must haves I can think of that don't require much Japanese knowledge.

Is there any word on any new colors for the n3ds yet?

I wanna upgrade from my plain black XL, and red and black aren't that attractive to me right now. My a and b buttons are starting to fuck up on me after a little over a year.

Off the top of my head, there's Game Center CX 3, EX Troopers (I mean, there's the PS3 version too, but the 3DS version actually runs better for some weird reason), and physical versions of games that are digital only elsewhere like Ace Attorney Trilogy (You can switch between the JP and US versions of the game at the main menu, effectively giving you a english language physical release), and Sega 3D Archives (Apparently, this one doesn't work through RegionThree; You have to have a JP 3DS to run this)

Someone could probably think of a few more, but those are the must haves I can think of that don't require much Japanese knowledge.

Thank you very much for the first advices.

Top Bottom