• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

First Round

1. AkaBalla - Walter Payton
2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
3. Coldblooded - Barry Sanders
4. vumpler - earl campbell
5. birdbomb - emmitt smith
6. zep - Cool Joe Montana
7. bluemax - Marcus Allen
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
10 Rors - Orenthal James Simpson
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
12 andokuky - Dick Butkus
13 Cerebral Palsy - John Elway
14 malleymal - Roger Staubach
15 maverick - Jack Lambert
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
17 gcquinton - Mike Singletary
18 ramirez - Reggie White
19 Conex - Troy Aikman
20 sableholic - Thurman Thomas
21 mrbob - Johnny Unitas
22 Unomas - Night Train Lain
23 speculawyer - Raymond Berry
24 livewire - John Riggins
25 lonestar - Joe Namath
26 dammitmatt - Bo Jackson
27 FMT - Steve Young
28 chrisjames - Mike Di'ka
29 hunterD - Derrick Thomas
30 bonsevan - Jim Brown
31. enron - Eric Dickerson
32. sickboy - Deacon Jones

2nd Round

1. AkaBalla - Ed Too Tall Jones
2. pheeniks - Larry Little
3. Coldblooded - darrell green
4. vumpler - stan jones
5. birdbomb - deion sanders
6. zep - shannon sharpe
7. bluemax - willie brown
8. matrix - jackie smith
9. DMczaf - lee roy selmon
10 Rors - joe schmidt
11 truelize - cliff harris
12 andokuky - james lofton
13 Cerebral Palsy - Fred Biletnekoff
14 malleymal - willie wood
15 maverick - Jack tatum
16 jube3 - lawrence taylor
17 gcquinton - bob brown
18 ramirez - randall cunningham
19 Conex - leroy kelly
20 sableholic - Jim Kelly
21 mrbob - Art Donovan
22 unomas - Terrell Davis
23 speculawyer - Paul Horning
24 livewire - Russ Grimm
25 lonestar - Dwight Stevenson
26 dammitmatt - Anthony Munoz
27 FMT - Ronnie lott
28 chrisjames - Bob Lilly
29 hunterD - Otto Graham
30 bonsevan - sammy baugh
31. enron - Michael Irvin
32. sickboy - Fran Tarkenton

this will take forever! at least we have our gold picks in. we can pick silvers here and it shouldn't take too long, bronze we can have duplicates which i dont think will be a problem (unless everyone has a problem with it).

and so, the easiest way to finish is just PM me a list of the silvers you want, and ill fill out the rosters. its not much work with the help of excel and the players list honestly!

Enron

Banned
ok, this is ridiculous. Rules keep changing, what we are doing keeps hopping from one thing to another...this wasn't planned out well, the execution has been bad..with a league this size, it needs to be thought ought and organized much better than we've done. After this attempt at a draft, I dont have much confidence that the leauge operation will be any better. I hate to do this, but just go ahead and remove my team. If anything, that will make things a little bit easier. Sorry guys. :(

Enron said:
ok, this is ridiculous. Rules keep changing, what we are doing keeps hopping from one thing to another...this wasn't planned out well, the execution has been bad..with a league this size, it needs to be thought ought and organized much better than we've done. After this attempt at a draft, I dont have much confidence that the leauge operation will be any better. I hate to do this, but just go ahead and remove my team. If anything, that will make things a little bit easier. Sorry guys. :(

Then leave the league. People like you crying is what made the draft go bad. Good riddance

Hunter D

Enron said:
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The league will be fine man.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this will take forever! at least we have our gold picks in. we can pick silvers here and it shouldn't take too long, bronze we can have duplicates which i dont think will be a problem (unless everyone has a problem with it).

and so, the easiest way to finish is just PM me a list of the silvers you want, and ill fill out the rosters. its not much work with the help of excel and the players list honestly!

There's got to be a better way to do this...

BirdBomb

Banned
I think if people wouldn't have been immature and flooded the AIM window with Otto, or whatever people were spamming, and people would have just acted like adults and be quiet so we can get the shit over with it would be a lot better...people need to grow up.

unomas

Banned
Everyone knew a draft was happening and at what time, come prepared or don't bother. If you don't show up in the forums to make picks after 5 minutes you should be skipped over and collect whatevers left after everyone else selects or have picks selected for you.

Strategically as well I wouldn't have made one of my gold picks had I known bronze would be the way it is now. Where is Pheeniks to make his pick?

guys, none of the rules are changing. i am going to allow duplicate bronze players because so many people were messaging me and saying it was taking too long. i have no problems with having unique bronze players, but if half the people aren't going to be around or dont want to take the time what should be done?

just chill out! we can't even start the league until 2k puts the league options up, which they haven't yet.

I knew 32 people was waaay too many :(

I PM'd you my picks FMT.... it still seems like we could do the draft on aim, just have one room for chatting, another for just picks.

Cerebral Palsy said:
Then leave the league. People like you crying is what made the draft go bad. Good riddance

Agreed. I wasn't in the chat (I did get on the phone and text message my pick in though.) but quitting after the draft is lame.

Ramirez

Enron said:

LoL, hyperbole ftl. No FMT run league has ever failed. You lose sir!

AkaBalla

The league website isnt even up...

This is what we need to do..

Draft the rest in the forums.. Give everyone 8 hr time limits.. Not including 2 am - 10am est time.. Once 10 am hits the clock is running and you have until 6 pm est to make your pick and were onto the next..

I'm not a fan of having duplicate players.. Everyone will have Refridgerator Perry's on there squad..

Since most of us are browing the forums lets just start it off and see what happens..

I still have a gold selection coming up as well as i didnt use my 2nd gold pick yet..

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
unomas said:
Strategically as well I wouldn't have made one of my gold picks had I known bronze would be the way it is now.
QFT.

Ohz well. "So goes the draft" hehe

Enron

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:

Im sorry if my leaving has offended you, but I'm not angry and i'm not trying to insult or otherwise offend FMT or anyone else.

We attempted to have a 32-team league. Minus the crying and complaining, people were taking far too long making their picks. No one knew who's pick it was. Everyone's AIM names were different from the forum handles, we had no idea who was who and those that were picking had no idea who was taken and who wasn't. The whole thing was a bad idea from start.

FMT, I STRONGLY suggest the following:

You create a yahoo Group for the draft. You can create a table, enter in everyone's forum handle, and give permissions for any group member to edit the table. Then, have everyone register for the yahoo group, and make picks on their own. That way everyone knows who is up, who is up next, and who has been picked already.

BirdBomb

Banned
yall discussed it for the entire duration of the draft, making it completely impossible to get any progress done. Instead is was morons yelling "OTTO IS MINE!" "OTTO FTW!"...i mean seriously...i didn't join the league and set up a time to be open on a sunday night to just have people ruin the whole process.

Jube3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
seemed like it would go pretty quickly on AIM, but there was no easy way to do it i suppose!

Hindsight being 20/20 and all that the easiest way probably would have been IRC, muted the whole channel and then unmuted the person who's pick it was. If there was an error in his pick an IRC pm woulda solved that. We might be able to pull of an IRC thing still. Just pick a server and random channel I guess.

AkaBalla

3rd round

. AkaBalla - Don Maynard
2. pheeniks - He forgot who he picked anyone remeber?
3. Coldblooded - Harry Carson
4. vumpler -
5. birdbomb -
6. zep -
7. bluemax -
8. matrix -
9. DMczaf -
10 Rors -
11 truelize -
12 andokuky -
13 Cerebral Palsy -
14 malleymal -
15 maverick -
16 jube3 -
17 gcquinton -
18 ramirez -
19 Conex -
20 sableholic -
21 mrbob -
22 unomas -
23 speculawyer -
24 livewire -
25 lonestar -
26 dammitmatt -
27 FMT -
28 chrisjames -
29 hunterD -
30 bonsevan -
31. enron -
32. sickboy -

unomas

Banned
AkaBalla said:
3rd round

1. AkaBalla - Don Maynard
2. Pheeniks - someone edit with his pick
3. CB33 - edit this i already forgot...

This is what I came for, if the 27 people that were just in chat can't show up now skip over them and let them have whats left. Give them 2 minutes to post after the selection made by the person before them, if Pheeniks can't make his next pick skip him or select for him.

Rorschach

Ok, howabout...everyone make up a draft board with your top picks. HAVE BACKUP PICKS BECAUSE OF COURSE PEOPLE WILL BE TAKEN.

Step 1: Reschedule the draft. The turnout wasn't bad, but the execution was horrible because of the lack of time limits and the insane amount of OTTO GRAHAM. You go over the time limit, a pick is made for you.

step 2: hold it on IRC (so everyone get irc or chat with an web browser client) gamesnet #whatever and have FMT be the OP.

Step 3: Set MUTE on the channel and voice the person picking only.

step 4: ???

Step 5: Profit: completed draft

Note: it will still take an hour or more even with a 1 min time limit because we have so many teams and I'm sure everyone will take the full minute.

Jube3 said:
Hindsight being 20/20 and all that the easiest way probably would have been IRC, muted the whole channel and then unmuted the person who's pick it was. If there was an error in his pick an IRC pm woulda solved that. We might be able to pull of an IRC thing still. Just pick a server and random channel I guess.

That is a good idea or the two separate aim chats.

Enron said:
Im sorry if my leaving has offended you, but I'm not angry and i'm not trying to insult or otherwise offend FMT or anyone else.

We attempted to have a 32-team league. Minus the crying and complaining, people were taking far too long making their picks. No one knew who's pick it was. Everyone's AIM names were different from the forum handles, we had no idea who was who and those that were picking had no idea who was taken and who wasn't. The whole thing was a bad idea from start.

FMT knew whos pick it was. He was handling shit just fine. Bububububu people were taking too long for me. Shit doesn't revolve around just you.

Anyway, I'm glad you're gone. Whiners like you usually drop mid-season anyway.

Hunter D

Jube3 said:
good idea

vumpler

Guys:

Having unique bronze players would make this impossible. We would have to make up tons of created players. Morestill the created bronze players are the equivalent of a generic player for the most part. There are only about 3 positions where a generic bronze player can even begin to hang in the game.

Having unique gold players is HUGE. If we're going to have unique silver players then my god it's beyond diverse enough. Having unique bronze players turns about 2-3 teams having a huge advantage and the rest of the teams having an extra 3-4 scrubs on their team making it even more impossible on D.

Enron

Banned
Ramirez said:
LoL, hyperbole ftl. No FMT run league has ever failed. You lose sir!

FMT isn't what worries me. What worries me is trusting 31 other people to stay on top of everything. I mean jesus, we couldnt even keep up with what was going on in the AIM chat. And that didnt have anything to do with the retarded NO OTTO IS MINE crap that kept getting spammed. Even without that, we had no idea who was picking and who wasn't. You can keep throwing hate at me all you want, but the sheer size of this league makes any draft a big challenge.

SickBoy

BirdBomb said:
yall discussed it for the entire duration of the draft, making it completely impossible to get any progress done. Instead is was morons yelling "OTTO IS MINE!" "OTTO FTW!"...i mean seriously...i didn't join the league and set up a time to be open on a sunday night to just have people ruin the whole process.

This man speaks the truth. Five minutes of noise followed by "Oh, it's my pick?"... sheesh.

I don't know how salvageable the live draft is, though... I think this debacle will hurt any future attempt (although the IRC idea is a good one). I'd have liked to see the draft continue here in an orderly fashion, but I can see that's not going to happen.

Enron

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
FMT knew whos pick it was. He was handling shit just fine. Bububububu people were taking too long for me. Shit doesn't revolve around just you.

Anyway, I'm glad you're gone. Whiners like you usually drop mid-season anyway.

Do you have anything else besides insults? I outlined my reasons without any malice, and even offered a suggestion to make it better.

Shit doesn't revolve around just me? Yes, I realize that. But the fact remains we completed all of ONE round in an hour, with 9 more left to go. I'm sorry if that was being selfish. But I don't have 9 hours to sit here and make picks in a frenzy, confused manner.

Hunter D should be kicked from the league, he's the dumbass who started the whole Otto bullshit.

We have a bunch of unproven people (when it comes to GAF leagues) and this is what happens.

But it will still work, just very frustrating.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Enron said:
Do you have anything else besides insults? I outlined my reasons without any malice, and even offered a suggestion to make it better.

Shit doesn't revolve around just me? Yes, I realize that. But the fact remains we completed all of ONE round in an hour, with 9 more left to go. I'm sorry if that was being selfish. But I don't have 9 hours to sit here and make picks in a frenzy, confused manner.

dont worry about CP, he realized I was more man than him, and he needed someone else to annoy... just stay in the league and handle his punk ass like I do every year... welcome man

vumpler

Enron wtf? No it won't. If someone is running the channel right, everyone is muted. Only 1 person can talk at a time, pretty damn simple. Quit with the negativity and
gtfo2.gif
. Chris James with his asking for people getting booted can close the door behind him as well. Lets just get this moving again period.

BirdBomb

Banned
Why don't we all just get on mIRC, like rors said, mute the room except for the person picking.

Set a 2 minute time limit, of no pick is made, then FMT picks for them.

2 rounds of unique silver, then it's done, since we're duplicating the bronze players. easy. as. pie.
and i loves me some pie

Enron

Banned
ChrisJames said:
mute the channel, except for whoever's turn it is. but you're just going to keep bitching so go.

Well, im trying to help you guys out. Im not mad or anything. Say FMT does that....he's going to have to keep voicing and devoicing people constantly. That's going to be a hassle too.

I'm sorry if you guys are angry, calling me a bitch and whatnot, but you can't HONESTLY say that turned out to be anything but a disaster. Anyways, I hope you guys get everything sorted out.

Hunter D

ChrisJames said:
Hunter D should be kicked from the league, he's the dumbass who started the whole Otto bullshit.

We have a bunch of unproven people (when it comes to GAF leagues) and this is what happens.

But it will still work, just very frustrating.
Please be on my schedule.

Post the server and room for irc on here.

unomas

Banned
vumpler said:
Enron wtf? No it won't. If someone is running the channel right, everyone is muted. Only 1 person can talk at a time, pretty damn simple. Quit with the negativity and
gtfo2.gif
. Chris James with his asking for people getting booted can close the door behind him as well. Lets just get this moving again period.

I agree, this sounds like the best solution to getting this done.

Top Bottom