• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

Enron said:
Do you have anything else besides insults? I outlined my reasons without any malice, and even offered a suggestion to make it better.

Shit doesn't revolve around just me? Yes, I realize that. But the fact remains we completed all of ONE round in an hour, with 9 more left to go. I'm sorry if that was being selfish. But I don't have 9 hours to sit here and make picks in a frenzy, confused manner.

Yeah, ditching the league after the 2nd round of the draft is really offering a way to help the make things better. ****ing drop dead

Please stop screwing this up, newbies. If you haven't played (and completed) one of these leagues before, you should be on notice because there is a bit of dumbassery going on around here...

dudes chill out! we are done with 2 rounds, only 3 more to go. lets all relax. wont take that much to get the league finished drafting, then we wait for 2k to open the leagues. all is not lost, be patient

p.s. no, lets not do it tonight (although i'm not personally opposed to doing it tonight), too much drafting for one night and the leagues aren't opened yet anyhow. how's about we do it wednesday night? if you can be there great, if not then just pm me a list of about 10-15 silver players (with some created ones) and this will be done by thursday. i'm open to ideas as well

unomas said:
Hey, since he dropped can I get Eric Dickerson? That was the one guy I really wanted!

... no. Think about that question, that would screw all of the previous picks up if FMT said yes. Edit: FMT not we.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
dammitmattt said:
Please stop screwing this up, newbies. If you haven't played (and completed) one of these leagues before, you should be on notice because there is a bit of dumbassery going on around here...

mug1225.jpg

Otto says:

"You make sense. Run some laps"

unomas

Banned
sableholic said:
... no. Think about that question, that would screw all of the previous picks up if we said yes.

I understand what you're saying but they are both created players so it's not like it's a huge deal.

Edit. I selected Terrell Davis who is also a gold running back created player in the draft, and I don't think swapping him and Dickerson would be a huge deal. I just sent FMT a PM about it.

Cerebral Palsy said:
Oh man, you're such a big help! Thanks for making things better! Thanks so much!

I understand your frustration, but you're not helping things much. Quitting is lame, sure, but I just think he was trying to help...

BirdBomb

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
Oh man, you're such a big help! Thanks for making things better! Thanks so much!

omg please shut the hell up. the guy left the league for valid reasons. quit acting like a high school student who's boyfriend was stolen by your best friend...jesus.

SickBoy

I've sent a list to FMT... going to create my team now, do jerseys, etc. I'll adjust the silvers after everything is resolved. Don't have an IRC client on my laptop and couldn't be bothered to download one... I think my list will work fine.

Have fun guys, hope it goes smoother.... I totally don't get Enron, though... so the draft has been a cluster****.... if you don't want to worry about it, send a list. It won't get you the exact team you want, but then you don't have to fret about it. After that, everything is pretty easy peasy... I'm sure there will be schedule issues, but we've always found a way around those...

BirdBomb said:
omg please shut the hell up. the guy left the league for valid reasons. quit acting like a high school student who's boyfriend was stolen by your best friend...jesus.

Don't get me wrong, it's still bullshit to quit like that, especially since we can't start the damn league anyway!!!

unomas said:
I understand what you're saying but they are both created players so it's not like it's a huge deal.

Edit. I selected Terrell Davis who is also a gold running back created player in the draft, and I don't think swapping him and Dickerson would be a huge deal. I just sent FMT a PM about it.

Didn't realize when you picked/who you picked. I thought it was a different scenario. I thought you picked lower not the other way around. Ignore my previous post, I shouldn't have made it anyways, not my place to say.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dudes chill out! we are done with 2 rounds, only 3 more to go. lets all relax. wont take that much to get the league finished drafting, then we wait for 2k to open the leagues. all is not lost, be patient

p.s. no, lets not do it tonight (although i'm not personally opposed to doing it tonight), too much drafting for one night and the leagues aren't opened yet anyhow. how's about we do it wednesday night? if you can be there great, if not then just pm me a list of about 10-15 silver players (with some created ones) and this will be done by thursday. i'm open to ideas as well
Quoted for ON TOPIC chatting emphasis.

Enron

Banned
dammitmattt said:
I understand your frustration, but you're not helping things much. Quitting is lame, sure, but I just think he was trying to help...

Yeah, I realize it was lame, and I should have been smarter in the first place trying to join a 32-team league. I've played in leagues near that size before, but never one with a draft of any kind. From trying to manage large fantasy leagues, I should have known what we were up against but I joined anyways and I should have known better and not done this. Im sorry if certain people are angry, but at least this way its one less team to worry about.

unomas

Banned
Well, I signed up for a draft on Sunday not on Wednesday. I can't clear out every night of the week for these drafts. Not only that but I'm leaving town Wednesday afternoon and won't be back til Sunday. So my picks that I was ready to make tonight get wasted along with my time. Great!

Enron said:
Yeah, I realize it was lame, and I should have been smarter in the first place trying to join a 32-team league. I've played in leagues near that size before, but never one with a draft of any kind. From trying to manage large fantasy leagues, I should have known what we were up against but I joined anyways and I should have known better and not done this. Im sorry if certain people are angry, but at least this way its one less team to worry about.

Still not sure why you're quitting....we had successful Madden and NCAA leagues last year that had almost as many people, plus we were using a website to track stats. Once the league gets started, things will be fine.

unomas said:
Well, I signed up for a draft on Sunday not on Wednesday. I can't clear out every night of the week for these drafts. Not only that but I'm leaving town Wednesday afternoon and won't be back til Sunday. So my picks that I was ready to make tonight get wasted along with my time. Great!

Completely agree. Please don't waste our time again. Some of us turned down other things, which in hindsight would've been a hell of a lot more fun than getting to draft ONE player...

we only have 3 rounds to draft and the leagues arent even open yet anyway. Why not get as far as we can drafting via forum and then on wednesday or whenever we can hurry and finish it up in irc if needed?

But whatever, I need to run and grab dinner. Hopefully the shit is cleaned up by the time I get back.

your picks don't get wasted (PM them to me), your time didn't get wasted because you aren't drafting anymore, and the time you did use to make those picks is still valid (im not going to redo the 2nd round). again, relax, send me those picks you had or a list of people you're interested in and be done with it. no harm no foul, when you get back from your vacation everything will be in its right place!

Completely agree. Please don't waste our time again. Some of us turned down other things, which in hindsight would've been a hell of a lot more fun than getting to draft ONE player...

wasn't planned that way. to be honest i thought maybe 10 or so people woudl show up, and i'd pick for the rest, which would've gone a lot quicker. apologies again fellas, but we'll get it straightened out :D

also, i wish i had cooler stuff to do on a sunday night. :(

unomas

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
your picks don't get wasted (PM them to me), your time didn't get wasted because you aren't drafting anymore, and the time you did use to make those picks is still valid (im not going to redo the 2nd round). again, relax, send me those picks you had or a list of people you're interested in and be done with it. no harm no foul, when you get back from your vacation everything will be in its right place!

Well.........giving you my picks doesn't guarantee I'll get the players that I want. At least if this continued on the forums we could probably get the next 3 rounds done before Wednesdays newly planned draft.

Well.........giving you my picks doesn't guarantee I'll get the players that I want. At least if this continued on the forums we could probably get the next 3 rounds done before Wednesdays newly planned draft.

drafting in AIM or mIRC doesn't guarantee that either! :p

but yeah, i suppose you guys DO make a good point. if we're going to wait until wednesday, we could probably have the draft done here on the forums.

i feel like mrbob now, flip flopping all over the place! i <3 ps3!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My god can people stop bitching? Seriously get the **** over it. You all sound like a bunch of little girls

Mrbob

Let us just draft who we want now.

I dunno, better to do this than have people dropping......

Thank god I didn't miss Entourage for this. :D

unomas

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
drafting in AIM or mIRC doesn't guarantee that either! :p

but yeah, i suppose you guys DO make a good point. if we're going to wait until wednesday, we could probably have the draft done here on the forums.

i feel like mrbob now, flip flopping all over the place! i <3 ps3!

I say whoever is in the forums now makes picks in order, if people aren't on the forums right now players get selected for them.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
This is NEO GAF Sports league.

This.

Is.

Drama.

Maybe its good I dont have my 360 yet :lol

CB3

unomas said:
I say whoever is in the forums now makes picks in order, if people aren't on the forums right now players get selected for them.

Yeah, lets get more people upset and add more whining to this bitch-fest!

unomas

Banned
Well we had 27 people in the room for DRAFT night, where are they now? If they can't commit a little time on a well planned time will they be able to do the same Wednesday? Or maybe you didn't think that far ahead?

Even if 30 or so people only take 2 minutes per draft pick for the next 3 rounds it's a 3 hour process. How many of them are gonna sit and wait around for 3 hours when they could barely do 1 hour? My best thought is continue the draft on the forums.

guys, we'll do the draft on wednesday. can't make it? send me your list of silvers and i will draft for you. i'd rather not do it here on the forums right after the 1-round AIM draft.

i know we all planned to have it done on AIM, but it just didn't work. lesson learned and i apolgized! if i could make us all have our teams now i would.... what is important is that i have 2 gold niners.

but seriously, i know you dudes took the time out to show up and i blame myself that it didn't work out TONIGHT, but we will get it done. if you had a draft list, just send it over to me, boom ill take care of it on wednesday.

CB3

since when was wednesday a lock for the draft? The Leagues are not even open yet whats the huge rush for. You dont know if people are still here or not, so why risk it just to rush and get players drafted when we cant even do anything with them

unomas

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
since when was wednesday a lock for the draft? The Leagues are not even open yet whats the huge rush for. You dont know if people are still here or not, so why risk it just to rush and get players drafted when we cant even do anything with them

Look two posts above you :lol

Mrbob

I agree. I will be gone Wed night, but if someone wants to draft for me WHATEVERZ. I just want to play.

Why don't we keep on drafting in the thread right now. We could get done by Wed.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol yep, already arguments and not a single play has happened!
I know. Once everyone starts getting campbellized oh shit the flaming will begin.

But yeah lets just start the picks NOW. So AKA you're up! And have him pick and lets just see what we can get done since there isn't a rush. No more slacking guys!

Outside of the negative people posting a lot of us are truly dedicated to Gaf leagues and the community. Anything FMT ever needs help with I know a lot of us will go out of our way to do so for these leagues. I hate to see so much negativity being thrown around but eh it is what it is.

No FMT league, fantasy draft or not, will go down! Evar!

I'm not sure if the timing of this post is right, but if things just go so shitty, would anybody care to play in a league where we can just play with whatever players we want? I wouldn't mind this, as I still have fun even if I'm opposing another Dan Marino.

Just throwing it out there!

took us 4 days to finish the first round on the forums, i really doubt we could finish 4 rounds quickly :lol

bob i will be glad to draft some niners for you!

Top Bottom