• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

GG Matrix, it was really close 'til the last 5 minutes. Honestly, I had some pretty lucky plays that helped push me over the edge so don't be too hard on yourself.

I'll be able to play some more tomorrow night...

SickBoy

Anyone up for a game?

Schedule looks broken from my team page, but I've looked at my sched on the main sched page. I play:

Boston
Pittsburgh
Houston
Newark
East Lansing
Las Vegas
Tacoma
Overland Park
San Francisco
Salt Lake City
Fort Worth
Yonkers
Providence
Raleigh
New Jersey
Chicago.

(Typed this all out for my reference as much as anyone else's. I don't want to have to flip through those pages again).

Shamrock

Banned
Truelize said:
HOLD UP!!! The league started? When?

Anyone think to PM me some info or send me a message on Live (which I'm on constantly) or on AIM which is never shut off?

Hello.

I just now found FMTs big message about starting a new league. I was on Xbox Live at that exact time. Any number of you guys would have seen me there. That kinda sucks guys.

It sucks he had to restart the league again, but the league didn't fill up for 2 days after he posted that. Honestly if he didn't lower the teams we would still be waiting for guys to check this thread to figure out they need to join.

Shamrock

Banned
SickBoy said:
Anyone up for a game?

Schedule looks broken from my team page, but I've looked at my sched on the main sched page. I play:

Boston
Pittsburgh
Houston
Newark
East Lansing
Las Vegas
Tacoma
Overland Park
San Francisco
Salt Lake City
Fort Worth
Yonkers
Providence
Raleigh
New Jersey
Chicago.

(Typed this all out for my reference as much as anyone else's. I don't want to have to flip through those pages again).

I'll play. In lobby.

Hunter D

Shamrock said:
I'll play. In lobby.
lol, he's in for a treat.

GGs Shamrock. Your okoye burned me for 108 yards.

Does anyone know why I can't view my stats on the 2k page? I might pick madden up so I probably will be apart of the league.

Shamrock

Banned
Hunter D said:
lol, he's in for a treat.

GGs Shamrock. Your okoye burned me for 108 yards.

Does anyone know why I can't view my stats on the 2k page? I might pick madden up so I probably will be apart of the league.

Sometimes the stats don't report right away. They should show up at some point. They did report in game though.

Maverick

(Disclaimer: I'm not hating on Hunter D aka CharsAce)

But, has anyone been able to stop his ground game? He's got two silver backs that he uses really well (HB - Ottis Anderson and a FB.)

I invested pretty much all of my draft in defense and I wasn't able to stop him from running up the middle at all. And this is with Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, and Jack Tatum up the middle.

Any tips? Granted, I'm still getting used to the speed of the game online, but he just walked all over me with the ground game. I tried 4-3, 3-4, different stunts, etc: Same result. Otis Anderson bulldozering me.

Anyways- Well done, Hunter. How about those Flea Flickers. :lol Ridiculous.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the madden league will be up next week and everyone can be merry.
OH shit next week? So hopefully APF will be done by then? Theres no way to competitively be playing both games, it just doesn't make sense. Can we do preseason until APF finishes or something?

vumpler

Well i'm here now if anyone can get a game. i've got 2.5 hours and then im done for the night.

Hunter D

Maverick said:
(Disclaimer: I'm not hating on Hunter D aka CharsAce)

But, has anyone been able to stop his ground game? He's got two silver backs that he uses really well (HB - Ottis Anderson and a FB.)

I invested pretty much all of my draft in defense and I wasn't able to stop him from running up the middle at all. And this is with Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, and Jack Tatum up the middle.

Any tips? Granted, I'm still getting used to the speed of the game online, but he just walked all over me with the ground game. I tried 4-3, 3-4, different stunts, etc: Same result. Otis Anderson bulldozering me.

Anyways- Well done, Hunter. How about those Flea Flickers. :lol Ridiculous.
You did the right thing with the flea flickers. I started playing man in the end because I was trying to get pressure with Thomas. You caught me. I will tell you one thing about stoping the run in this game. Stunts only flood certain gaps, you can't flood all of them. When you know what gaps your linemen or flooding you can have your lbs shoot them and stop the run.

vumpler

I play these peeps :D
3. TagKC
4. BlueMaxMB
5. Ayo Jube
6. Militant Black
7. Shamrock
8. MightBeWrong
9. TJ Ramirez
10. Mr. Bob
11. MalleyMal
12. MatrixDW
13. Cloud2k
14. DMczaf
15. CharsAce
16. Andowsky

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
matrixDW?

I have a new gamertag name,rock on! :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I was just messing around,you could have wrote matrixdoucheW and I wouldnt have cared :p

F-ing hate my gamertag,but no way ill pay at this point to change it.

I'll be free to play later tonight if anyone on my schedule wants to get a free W.

Ramirez

Wow, I totally zoned out and just called a Timeout during the 2 min warning. :(

Also, I hate defense in this game, that is all. I ****ed myself over with the flea flicker though, thought it might fool the A.I., owned.

Shamrock

Banned
Ramirez said:
Wow, I totally zoned out and just called a Timeout during the 2 min warning. :(

Also, I hate defense in this game, that is all. I ****ed myself over with the flea flicker though, thought it might fool the A.I., owned.

Hey man real good game. You got out to that 14-0 nothing lead and the way you were moving the ball I thought I was done. I think the turning point was that saftey though. I was bringing the house on your 2 and the flea flicker just took to long to develop for you.

Also if anyone is interested all the stats have now reported to the website. It only took 2 days
.:lol

Matrix

Could True or CB take my team? :lol I want to be able to trade this in towards Madden.

I wont get what I want on ebay going by what other people have gotten.

hmmm could I get 12 more losses in before the Madden pre-order deal is over.

I'll be in the lobby at 9 pm eastern time,feel free to challenge me anyone on my schedule.

Matrix

I hate 2k servers.

The one time I actually have a small lead :lol

Matrix

WTF today I cant get any games completed without getting network connection problems and my connection is fine and all my ports are open.Im also not playing wirelessly,ethernet cable is plugged right into the system.

Played 4 games yesterday and only the game against Ando had some issues.

Seriously if this keeps happening to me im going to have to drop :\ Ive played a total of 3 full games online and those were out of my 4 league games.Ive tried to play random games and im 0-5 with 3 Disconnects.

This game seriously hates me.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
haha, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. How long till this league gets it's stats shot to shit? Or something worse, like Bog-worthy?

DMczaf

Lonestar said:
haha, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion. How long till this league gets it's stats shot to shit? Or something worse, like Bog-worthy?

Okoye and Ottis Anderson are on track for 2500 yards each :lol Earl Campbell is averaging 12 yards a carry @_@

Also, theres been TWO fumbles in the entire league so far. Up that slider to 100, FMT!

Shamrock

Banned
DMczaf said:
Okoye and Ottis Anderson are on track for 2500 yards each :lol Earl Campbell is averaging 12 yards a carry @_@

Also, theres been TWO fumbles in the entire league so far. Up that slider to 100, FMT!

Campbell is just unreal. I just played Jason and I did a halfway decent job stopping the run, but trying to stop the screens when tackling with a DB is just impossible. Anyway I got my first loss today, but it was a great game. I missed 3 FG's and lost by 4. Dam generic kicker and my two left thumbs.

BirdBomb

Banned
yea rushing in this game is ridiculous. in fact the whole game feels ridiculous. i think some of it has to do with the sliders though, for me anyway. i got used to multiple hot routes, fast speed and no auto strafe. 4 games in i am still lost on defense usually and my running game isnt nearly as good as it was.

defense seems like a crap shoot and usually the outcome makes no sense. shading guys usually seems to have no result and blitzing to stop the run seems to make you more vulnerable against it, even if you blitz at the perfect spot. hb screens are the worst, they seem like borderline cheese at times because the defenders are so damn SLOW to react every time in man coverage.

i hate the passing game, the ball floats way too long even if you hold down the button. oh well, it was a nice diversion waiting for the real thing.

Shamrock

Banned
AkaBalla said:
Who's your QB?

Ya bro, if you don't have a QB with a strong arm then you won't be able to throw strong. Try playing with Marino and you will see a big difference in the speed of the passes.

Top Bottom