• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

i had an idea that i scrapped but maybe it would work. what do you guys think about starting the draft right now here on the forums? it would likely be done by monday so long as everyone checked in regularly to pick!

Alright, here is what's going to happen:

We will draft Round 1 on the forums, if all goes well we will do the rest like this. If there are problems, then rounds 2-11 will stay on AIM for sunday

REMEMBER!

* 2 golds, 3 silvers, 6 bronze
* PLEASE PICK ALL AVAILABLE LEGENDS IN THE GAME BEFORE USING ANYONE FROM A CREATED PLAYER LIST!
* we will discuss the created players list when we get closer to using up all legends
* PLEASE pick in a timely fashion! everyone is depending on YOU to pick so the round can progress.
* If you see anyone around who is in the league, please notify them that round 1 is happening now.
* I will TRY to keep an updated list of who has been drafted. i can't seem to find a comprehensive list online that shows all the players and tiers. so for now, pleasae reference the game itself or ask here when you are picking to make sure it is a gold/silver/bronze player. although, for the first round i dont think it matters cause everyone is picking gold and knows who they want.

Aka, you're up buddy.

1. AkaBalla - Walter Payton
2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
3. Coldblooded - Barry Sanders
4. vumpler
5. birdbomb
6. zep
7. bluemax
8. duce22
9. DMczaf
10 Rors
11 truelize
12 andokuky
13 Cerebral Palsy
14 malleymal*
15 maverick
16 jube3
17 gcquinton
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT
28 chrisjames
29 bluemax
30 bonsevan

Dan Marino

I didn't know we were drafting now so sorry for being slow. I need to see the players in the game before pick no 2...

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
4. vumpler - earl campbell
5. birdbomb - emmitt smith
6. zep
7. bluemax
8. duce22
9. DMczaf
10 Rors
11 truelize
12 andokuky
13 Cerebral Palsy
14 malleymal*
15 maverick
16 jube3
17 gcquinton
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT
28 chrisjames
29 bluemax
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy
-----

it is 32. you and sickboy are picking last in the first 3 rounds. so it will go 1-32, 30-1, 31, 32, 1-32, 32-1, etc.

i talked with vump about it and we don't want to dillute the talent pool too much, but sickboy has always been a reliable player and enron deserves the chance to become a regular league player if he wants, so i extended the league to 32 players. direct all hate comments towards me fellas!

Enron

Banned
cool!

Why not just have the whole thing snake from 1-32, 32-1? I mean, not like it really matters since everyone will have the same amount of gold/silver/bronze guys, but it just seems more complicated than need be this way.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt,how are Dm,Rors and Malley in the league without working 360's?

I would have put my name in the list/draft to play,as I plan on getting the game as soon as I get my 360 back.

dm is getting one tomorrow, rors said he will have his back on monday (when the league starts), malley said to put his name in and if he doesn't have one by then to replace him. there will likely be an open spot since i have no clue where duce22 is and he didnt respond to my XBL reply

Why not just have the whole thing snake from 1-32, 32-1? I mean, not like it really matters since everyone will have the same amount of gold/silver/bronze guys, but it just seems more complicated than need be this way.

because the 32nd pick is actually a really good pick because you'd have back to back. considering you guys were a little late on reporting into this thread i can't really punish #29 and 30 who should have had the first 2 picks in the 2nd round. i try to be as fair as possible and i wish you guys had said something earlier, but im trying to make the best of it.

SickBoy

Don't really care about draft order, but wondering who the additional golds are (I see a post earlier pointing to Bo Jackson, LT and Deion Sanders, but that was back at the 30-team league).

As for the first part of that sentence, I suppose I am concerned about draft order if it means I get stuck with an unwieldy pair -- like two QBs or two HBs or something...

I'd also like to think that we'll get the benefit of having the order improved in our advantage in the case of dropouts (which I still somewhat expect)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dm is getting one tomorrow, rors said he will have his back on monday (when the league starts), malley said to put his name in and if he doesn't have one by then to replace him. there will likely be an open spot since i have no clue where duce22 is and he didnt respond to my XBL reply

Dm is buying another 360,you talk him into that? :p

Well hopefully my repair rep will contact me or ill call him back bitch at him to send me my 360 NOW! No way im waiting another 4-6 weeks,ill contact BBB and have them deal with MS.

If Duce isnt around ill take his draft place and if I dont have a 360 in time,you can bring mr.sparkle back till I get my system.

bluemax

Banned
How late is the draft going tonight? I'm about to go to my girlfriends and I don't know how much she'll appreciate me being online all night.

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
Don't really care about draft order, but wondering who the additional golds are (I see a post earlier pointing to Bo Jackson, LT and Deion Sanders, but that was back at the 30-team league).

As for the first part of that sentence, I suppose I am concerned about draft order if it means I get stuck with an unwieldy pair -- like two QBs or two HBs or something...

I'd also like to think that we'll get the benefit of having the order improved in our advantage in the case of dropouts (which I still somewhat expect)
That list isn't the real list. That's a "fantasy" list.

Your place in the draft isn't too bad since you get 2 picks at 32. The worst is being in the middle.

SickBoy

Rorschach said:
That list isn't the real list. That's a "fantasy" list.

Your place in the draft isn't too bad since you get 2 picks at 32. The worst is being in the middle.

I wasn't referring to the big list, but FMT's post (below)... as for the 2 picks.. I get picks 32 and 64. Not so great... but I'm not complaining.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys the 3 Gold Players that will be added to the draft list are Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, and Lawrence taylor. we don't need anymore gold suggestions, or silver. we need bronze type players to get to 330.

I think the game is short a few golds for a league without duplication

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
If we run out of golds we will use Created Players. We haven't fully nailed out the official statement on what will be used in the league as far as created players goes but FMT will have an announcement as we get to the end of the 2nd round.

dont worry about created players right now guys, lets just get through the first round.

where is zep! pick rod woodson i know you are going to anyways!

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
I wasn't referring to the big list, but FMT's post (below)... as for the 2 picks.. I get picks 32 and 64. Not so great... but I'm not complaining.

I think the game is short a few golds for a league without duplication
edit: oops...guess you don't get 32 and 33

Matrix

Fmt dont ignore me! :p

Duce=
me
This is the pick...
t1_moon2.jpg

ah screw it. sick and enron, we're just going to do the draft like we were. 1-32, 32-1, 1-32, 32-1, etc. so you do get picks 32 and 33.

p.s. matrix you are in buddy

Matrix

:D

Now the fight for getting my 360 back sooner begins later today!

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
6. zep
7. bluemax
8. matrix
9. DMczaf
10 Rors
11 truelize
12 andokuky
13 Cerebral Palsy
14 malleymal*
15 maverick
16 jube3
17 gcquinton
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

Rorschach

Matrix said:
:D

Now the fight for getting my 360 back sooner begins later today!
Hello, I'm your dedicated fight agent. I won't actually be doing anything, but I'm gonna pm you every day to make sure that I remind you that I'm not doing anything. I'll talk down to you in a condescending voice like if you're 5 years old and you just broke your GI Joe. Don't bother trying to PM me, though, because my box is full.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Hello, I'm your dedicated fight agent. I won't actually be doing anything, but I'm gonna pm you every day to make sure that I remind you that I'm not doing anything. I'll talk down to you in a condescending voice like if you're 5 years old and you just broke your GI Joe. Don't bother trying to PM me, though, because my box is full.

:lol :lol

This is my friend...

http://www.bbb.org/

Zep

Banned
Is Randall available? If so, hes not my pick.

Hmm...decisions, decisions...

montana-kansas-city-chiefs.jpg

Bout to show that pussy steve young whos boss again.

You guys take your sweet time drafting, I was originally under the impression the draft wasnt happeneing until Sunday which is why I planned on getting the game oin Friday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play the game before I actually pick....

You better represent with Emmitt Birdbomb!

I imagine your brother is grabbing Troy........

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
You guys take your sweet time drafting, I was originally under the impression the draft wasnt happeneing until Sunday which is why I planned on getting the game oin Friday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play the game before I actually pick....

You better represent with Emmitt Birdbomb!

I imagine your brother is grabbing Troy........
Yeah, it's hard picking when you don't know what you're comfortable with.

Matrix said:
I called the BBB on Sega to get money back from Seganet overcharging me and it did the trick. If I get some more bs, I'm gonna call them on MS...holy crap IT IS THE NEW DREAMCAST :O

LiveWire

We might as well help FMT out with posting the updated draft list because he is unavailable during the day. HERE IS THE LATEST DRAFT PICK LIST:

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
6. zep - Cool Joe Montana
7. bluemax
8. matrix
9. DMczaf
10 Rors
11 truelize
12 andokuky
13 Cerebral Palsy
14 malleymal*
15 maverick
16 jube3
17 gcquinton
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

That means bluemax, you're ON THE CLOCK! :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
K well my pick wont be done until around 6 mountain time (if the picks before me get done that is).

See you guys tonight.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
HERE IS THE LATEST DRAFT PICK LIST:

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
6. zep - Cool Joe Montana
7. bluemax - O.J.
8. matrix
9. DMczaf
10 Rors
11 truelize
12 andokuky
13 Cerebral Palsy
14 malleymal*
15 maverick
16 jube3
17 gcquinton
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

That means matrix, you're ON THE CLOCK!

lol wow I so ripped you off

zep you fraud. you're a rams fan and you pick joe cool? he terrorized your team for years and years and years! i guess that's what i expect from a rams fan. i hope you plan on picking Curt Warner with a silver or bronze pick (whatever he is)

Top Bottom