• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Offical APF 2k8 Xbox 360 League Thread: Here comes the rain again!

AkaBalla

Hey guys i started a practice tournament for us fellow Gaffers in the league..

Tourney Name: GAF EXH

password: gaf

16 teams
6 min quarters
Legend difficulty

FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Im buying the game Saturday,I guess Ill just stare at the box till MS or BBB reponds to me *weeps*

Matrix said:
Im buying the game Saturday,I guess Ill just stare at the box till MS or BBB reponds to me *weeps*

Just buy a new 360 all ready. Trade in some games or something and put it towards a core :lol

But seriously, I want to play you, so go buy a 360! :D

and I don't think the draft will be done by Sunday.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ChrisJames said:
Just buy a new 360 all ready. Trade in some games or something and put it towards a core :lol

But seriously, I want to play you, so go buy a 360! :D

and I don't think the draft will be done by Sunday.

No way,the one's on the store shelves havent been fixed yet and im not going thru this again with another system.Ive been thru hell,why give MS more money for busted up hardware? I thought about trading games,but I only have a few at this point and id get nothing for them.

:lol @ rors

LiveWire

ColdBlooded33 said:
Truelize:
158fs637285.gif

OK this is really getting overused.

I'd like to respond with:

5195808_400X300.jpg

AkaBalla said:
Hey guys i started a practice tournament for us fellow Gaffers in the league..

Tourney Name: GAF EXH

Maybe I should get some practice losing . . . I'll have to get used to it. :lol

I've been too afraid to play online so far.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Randall isn't the end all and be all of this game though. You really think taking a silver player with the 11th pick is a good pick guys? Come on. And leave Jerry Rice just sitting there for someone else? With Rice I could have any QB throw to him and he's gonna catch it.

I might be slow but I'm not retarded. :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Truelize said:
Randall isn't the end all and be all of this game though. You really think taking a silver player with the 11th pick is a good pick guys? Come on. And leave Jerry Rice just sitting there for someone else? With Rice I could have any QB throw to him and he's gonna catch it.

Why dont you go ahead and ask FMT about that statement. I shut his ass down when we played

Rorschach

Truelize said:

No, I just thought that you were picking out of love and admiration. I was going to take Allen even if there were better choices. Rice was a bad 11th pick regardless, though. IMHO of course...

speculawyer said:
Hmmm . . . I can't see it. Anyone else see it?

You have to sign up while playing the game. Go to Xbox Live, tournaments, and then search for GAF EXH and put in the password.

Sorry to oversimplify it...

1. AkaBalla - Walter Payton
2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
3. Coldblooded - Barry Sanders
4. vumpler - earl campbell
5. birdbomb - emmitt smith
6. zep - Cool Joe Montana
7. bluemax - Marcus Allen
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
10 Rors - Orenthal James Simpson
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
12 andokuky - Dick Butkus
13 Cerebral Palsy - John Elway
14 malleymal*
15 maverick
16 jube3
17 gcquinton
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy
---------

you're up malleymal! CP wanted elway

Maverick

Just to make things easier, I'll take Jack Lambert with my pick, and if malley somehow wants him, I want Rod Woodson as a backup.

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
14 malleymal - Roger Staubach
15 maverick - Jack Lambert
16 jube3
17 gcquinton
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy
---------

since jube3 is new and i haven't seen him post in this thread for a while, if i dont see him post within the next 4-5 hours, im bumping him down in the draft

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
No, I just thought that you were picking out of love and admiration. I was going to take Allen even if there were better choices. Rice was a bad 11th pick regardless, though. IMHO of course...

A bad pick??? For realz? I don't like having to pick teams in football. I don't know enough to be able to put together a good team. Ugh.

BirdBomb

Banned
Truelize said:
A bad pick??? For realz? I don't like having to pick teams in football. I don't know enough to be able to put together a good team. Ugh.

i don't think he was a bad pick. rice is a monster in this game.

LiveWire

FYI guys, that Sportsgamer list is missing a few players (most notably, Dan Marino) from its lists. You may want to double check with the game before you make your draft picks.

Enron

Banned
Wow, staubach went a lot earlier than i expected him too. I was hoping to snag him at my pick, although i doubt he would have lasted that long. :(

LiveWire said:
FYI guys, that Sportsgamer list is missing a few players (most notably, Dan Marino) from its lists. You may want to double check with the game before you make your draft picks.

Anybody know where we can get a complete list? Or know how many this list is missing?

Enron

Banned
Truelize said:

Any Gold WR picked in the first round of a 32-team draft is a good pick. Especially considering that there are only 4 Gold WRs available.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Enron said:
Any Gold WR picked in the first round of a 32-team draft is a good pick. Especially considering that there are only 4 Gold WRs available.

K I feel better now. That's the exact reason I took a WR.

Maverick

yeah, true. I think that was a great pick at your spot.

the strategy that goes into this game is really refreshing and fun. playing dudes online and seeing who they bring to the table is a great part of the fun.

Jube3

No dont bump me im picking now :p Ive been following this thread every couple of hours :D

Edit: My pick is Rod Woodson (Gold)

LiveWire

Thanks Jub3. Hey, since you have so much time now until your next pick, why don't you get to work on a Forza All-Pro paintjob? :lol

UPDATED DRAFT LIST:

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
17 gcquinton
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

GCQUINTON, YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK!

Jube3

LiveWire said:
Thanks Jub3. Hey, since you have so much time now until your next pick, why don't you get to work on a Forza All-Pro paintjob? :lol

Man I wish All pro had a livery editor :D

LiveWire

sableholic said:
Edit: I am the slower version of Clinton Portis. I'll just change my avatar to Ladell Betts or something.

:lol I might be changing my avatar to Campbell soon, we'll see how pre-season goes!

CB3

UPDATED DRAFT LIST:

2. pheeniks - Dan Marino
8. matrix - Warren Moon
9. DMczaf - Gale Sayers
11 truelize - Jerry Rice
16 jube3 - Rod Woodson
17 gcquinton - Mike Singletary
18 ramirez
19 Conex
20 sableholic
21 mrbob
22 shawnhann
23 speculawyer
24 livewire
25 lonestar*
26 dammitmatt
27 FMT - steve young
28 chrisjames
29 duce22
30 bonsevan
31. enron
32. sickboy

Ramirez is up!

lol how is this taking forever? it has only been like 2 days! guys relax! the leagues aren't even UP YET! you can't even create a league yet, the 2k site isn't working for them right now. so just chill out fellas, we'll get through this.

If the draft gets to me this afternoon, I'm sorry but I will not be able to post my pick until this evening. Usually Friday is a chill day at work, but today is crazy...

BirdBomb

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
If the draft gets to me this afternoon, I'm sorry but I will not be able to post my pick until this evening. Usually Friday is a chill day at work, but today is crazy...

aikman?

CB3

Shawnwhann said:

PM your top 3 picks to FMT or something

Matrix

Guys calm down and take this at a snails pace,ill have my 360 back by then.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't know if I'll ever get good at this game, but I really really like it.

Colour me impressed. This is the best football game I have played in a long time. There is a momentum system! :)

Top Bottom